• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Screenshot Sharing is Live!

KYZR

silentcartographerzqphz.png

def sim

Just want to be sure...DR3 screens are very smooth for a 720p game

We have comparisons between capture card shots and the built in system in this very thread.

Considering how relatively poor the image quality is in most games posted here, it's safe to say there is none.

Tarahiro

......so the activity feed says I've taken a screenshot and shows a small image of it. I really wish I'd known that before I took a screenshot of uhmmm 'something' from Dragon Age Inquisition ahaha XD

Forza 5 looks a lot better here than I remember it to. Bring on FM6.

After "side-grading" from a 1440p UltrSharp to a 1080p Sony W7, Forza really isn't a bad game and the AA issues aren't that apparent in all honesty. Biggest detractors for the IQ is the so-so motionblur and AF.
Little comparison with an external capture card(HD60 + CCCP) vs the preview screenshot sharing.

Titanfall;

Forza Motorsport 5;
An obvious difference in colour on the TF screens and are I say smoother from the CC?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Imgur compresses your screenshots. Try abload. There could be a language barrier, but it's not too hard to figure out.

I saw a setting the other day on Imgur which will allow you to upload higher quality shots without the need to compress as much.

def sim

I saw a setting the other day on Imgur which will allow you to upload higher quality shots without the need to compress as much.

Hm interesting. I'd still recommend using abload or the direct link from xbox.com to avoid compression, though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'll be the first to say that despite being huge on streaming and recording direct feed video for many, many years, I never was on this whole begging for screenshots thing people wanted for consoles.

But looking at how they came through with it, and coming through the RIGHT way immediately, I gotta say the feature looks like an amazing thing to have. Mainly because it really is direct feed with no compression at all, as a PNG file. I wouldn't have appreciated this feature one bit if they half-assed it with compressed pics for sure.

Good stuff MS, as this rate, whenever I finally do go to the current generation with the XB1 I'll be in for quite a treat with all of these updates.

As if peddling him off in other lesser games and making some crappy spin-off with the Ninja Gaiden name wasn't bad enough, they got my dude Hayabusa in a damn Santa suit.

Fucking Team Ninja Dog.

herod

[IMGhttp://i7.minus.com/iPszTGQri5Vbv.png[/IMG]
I love this skin for the Lancia Delta in Forza Horizon 2.

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/DSAN6cg.jpg[/img]
First time I saw it was in Sega Rally on Saturn.

before 'skins' we called them liveries.

lancia_delta_integralkpui4.jpg

no maam

Banned
How do I upload them? I have them in upload studio, but don't see any options for Twitter etc. There's a save option, but when select that it says sorry, the capture you selected was not saved. Little help, thanks!

Nevermind I figured it out. Yea ms better make it more simple.

Am I crazy to think that, if the game was linear and with less crowded open areas, Unity's graphics could have reached The Order levels of awesomeness?

no maam

Banned
Most likely my first and last screen shots. Way too much of a pain in the ass for me(ipad). Look forward to other's photos though.

Edit. Better..
uWLml0h.jpg

qg1Rp6N.jpg

Spasm

Huh, looks like the sub-1080p stuff is getting resampled to 1080p. I would prefer native res captures. Maybe that's a topic for user-voice.

no maam

Banned
Huh, looks like the sub-1080p stuff is getting resampled to 1080p. I would prefer native res captures. Maybe that's a topic for user-voice.
I really hope ms starts allowing cross purchases with pc's. Xbone is great, but I'd rather play these games in 60fps. Yo Microsoft, I own a bone and windows, make something work!

It isn't getting resmapled - all games output at 720/1080p. Whether they're scaled by the internal scaler or a devs own solution is a different matter.

VanWinkle

It definitely isn't being resampled. You can see that particularly on the 720p games like Dead Rising or the similarly low-res Titanfall screenshots. There's also plenty of aliasing in the distance on Sunset Overdrive shots due (in part) to it being 900p.

Caayn

An obvious difference in colour on the TF screens and are I say smoother from the CC?
The colour grading is slightly different, also in the Forza 5 shots. But I think that comes from my capture card. I did something similar before with the PS4 screenshot function, which also show colour difference between the console capture and the capture card.
The shots aren't altered, they're clean captures from what is displayed on the screen. I did a small comparison earlier in this thread.

Derpyduck

Banned
I really hope ms starts allowing cross purchases with pc's. Xbone is great, but I'd rather play these games in 60fps. Yo Microsoft, I own a bone and windows, make something work!

What an odd post to make in the screenshot thread.

They're not being re-sampled.

Bgamer90

Banned
Are the screenshots being stored like videos you take on Xbox One are? If so, yes, there most definitely should be an easier way to link to them.

Yep, it's just like videos. I had to go to the feed in the friends app just to send a picture to Twitter.

The ability to do that should be within snap center (via simply hitting a button).

Top Bottom