• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Shurs said:
I'm seriously considering selling my disc based copy of Paradise and buying the PSN download version. I'd like to know a few things:

A) Will my game save for the disc version work with the download version?

B) Will this cause any incompatibility with the trophies I have earned?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this has already been asked.
a)No.
b)No.

crispyben said:
I think the amount of information gathered along the way is pretty impressive, I scrutinized all this stuff but never got all this out of it!
I was being facetious since he was ragging on what amounts to pure conjecture on the part of fans.

crispyben

bune duggy said:
I was being facetious since he was ragging on what amounts to pure conjecture on the part of fans.
Gotcha, I'm lacking a bit in the second degree department these days... Criterion's silence puts me on edge! :lol

crispyben said:
It looks like Cops and Robbers will be the next DLC (maybe next week), and it's apparently been removed from the in-game Burnout store, which leads some to believe it'll be free, in order to offset the upset caused by previous prices... Sounds like wishful thinking.

For free? With additional trophies? No way, they'll charge 10 once again.

crispyben

Philanthropist said:
The bike trophies were free and not necessary for Platinum, but then again they were released when trophies were made available for the game.
Right, the only trophies necessary for Platinum are those related to the original game, even the Cagney-related ones are not mandatory.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Prowler690 said:
So putting a wheel on a stable surface and plonking a keyboard nearby is an ergonomically sound substitute for that compact pad?

Wheels are for simulation racing games, a wheel does not work with BP gameplay.

Stick with the pad.

You really need to get a clue.

1)I only plan on buying the PC version, period. That being the case.....

2)I have a racing cockpit with a steering wheel mounted to it, pedals mounted to the floor, and an 8-gated stick shift, a mini keyboard mounted right next to me for easy and quick access to any key I want. I'd be surprised if I couldn't map things like camera movement to my keyboard. I play plenty of arcade racers on this rig with absolutely no problems.

3)I hate bikes/motorcycles and have no plans to use them in BP. I'm a cars only guy.

4)I understand why some of you may think arcade racing games with twitch-style controls would not work with a wheel. I've heard this argument countless times for every arcade racing game in the book.....but as someone who grew up playing those very same games in the actual arcade(with a force feedback steering wheel and pedals), I can tell you with certainty that nothing could be further from the truth.

I REFUSE to play a racing game with a gamepad....PERIOD. I must use a force feedback wheel if it's a racing game or I'll feel naked without one. Even games that require very twitch-like responses like Trackmania United I play only with an FFB wheel and enjoy it very much. I'm simply used it and feel right at home with one. The twitchy gameplay doesn't bother me at all.

So please, not all of us like using gamepads. Some of us want to use a wheel no matter what type of racing game it is. I think if you saw my racing rig you'd probably agree it would be mad fun playing Burnout Paradise on it :)

crispyben

A new posting on the CGN teases both upcoming DLC packs, no release date though...

Construction log 502

Hey Island Pete here again, calling in from the crane cab looking over Paradise Keys Bridge.

Man it's a great view from up here. You can see all the way to Deeses Donuts... Man that makes me hungry.

We're lowering the final section onto the bridge today, 20 tons of concrete hanging from a few inches of steel cable. I love my job; hard hats, power tools and hard graft. Woah, steady with the grip Hudson!

That was close... We've had some tough times this last week, darn punks been breaking though the toll booth and causing chaos around Perren's Point in their damn Hot Rods. I've put in so many calls to the PCPD, they are now on speed dial.

Those punks won't know what's hit them though, I've heard the boys in blue are getting some outside help. Reinforcements from outta town, top of the crop forces being flown in. Oh yeah.

That'll teach ‘em. I need to get this construction finished, lots of eager people looking to book their vacation. Suits putting pressure on me...

Gotta go, until those cops arrive I need to try and sort this mess out myself.

Hey, careful on crane 5... keep it level... Darn it... Island Pete out.

CrashTV 29 featuring Cops and Robbers coming later today, too.

crispyben

2prvgip.jpg

33k53fa.jpg

24w8yfb.jpg

mhg3s4.jpg

1iz6lt.jpg

6drbqu.jpg

crispyben

M3Freak said:
WTH is this Cops and Robbers mode?
It's CTF Burnout-style, Robbers must stash the Gold somewhere, and Cops try to stop them by taking them down! They promised more details on the game mode and the cars next week.

M3Freak

Banned
crispyben said:
It's CTF Burnout-style, Robbers must stash the Gold somewhere, and Cops try to stop them by taking them down! They promised more details on the game mode and the cars next week.

Thanks - I was trying to find some info, but my Goggle foo failed me.

Man, BP is one awesome game. It's just keeps giving! :)

crispyben said:
What slightly worries me is that it sounds somewhat like a mix of Team Road Rage and Marked Men. Really need to see how much is different.

crispyben

AlphaTwo00 said:
What slightly worries me is that it sounds somewhat like a mix of Team Road Rage and Marked Men. Really need to see how much is different.
It might not be more than that, true, but at least we get extra liveries... Do I sense another shitstorm?

crispyben said:
It might not be more than that, true, but at least we get extra liveries... Do I sense another shitstorm?
35 new skins will be awesome. I just wonder how this will work online. New cars don't split the userbase. A new mode, however, will.

Returners

I have a feeling that they won't be charging for this DLC. Since its mode based...

maybe they'll make you pay for the liveries? Or basically pay to use more model of cars in Cops n Robbers.

jett

D-Member
Dizzan said:
If it's free, why not?

I think it could be a lot of fun.

It's free? I thought it was paid DLC.

I don't really appreciate Criterion making me waste around 200MB of space on my 40GB HD with DLC cars I ain't ever gonna buy.

Puck

Banned
jett said:
I don't really appreciate Criterion making me waste around 200MB of space on my 40GB HD with DLC cars I ain't ever gonna buy.
If you ever play online, how else are you going to see the cars that people actually do buy?
I'm sure it's only a few meg per car too.

Dizzan

MINI Member
jett said:
It's free? I thought it was paid DLC.

Nothing has been announced officially but there is speculation that it will be free. Personally, I think it will be paid(and overpriced) but we'll see.

CRASH TV PODCAST is up featuring cops and robbers trailer. No word on price

crispyben

jett said:
I hope they don't force me to download this shit with an upcoming update.
Like all previous DLC, they'll force the update if you want to play online, so that you can see the other players' cars. If you don't, you can do without it.

Dizzan said:
CRASH TV PODCAST is up featuring cops and robbers trailer. No word on price
Yeah, I posted a few screencaps yesterday, but it's worth looking at the trailer and the stills in their natural habitat...

El-Suave

Don't know if the date is known yet, but I got the German EA April newsletter this morning and there it lists the release date for the Cops & Robbers expansion as April 30th.
Pricepoint isn't given, just says not announced yet.

So, how recently did they add a little star in the car your driving's Burning Route and having it always on your GPS?

Because man, Burnout Routes are AWESOME now. I got the Inferno van, I'm at Class A and now that I've somehow just discovered this "pointer", I'm getting all my Burning Routes, switching to the Inferno when a new car hits the city, shaming it into a Takedown with nary a tap, and then back to the next car in the garage.

DLC cars/bikes don't have Burning Routes do they? (Also, the Community Livery for the Inferno is HIlarious.)

crispyben

El-Suave said:
Don't know if the date is known yet, but I got the German EA April newsletter this morning and there it lists the release date for the Cops & Robbers expansion as April 30th.
Pricepoint isn't given, just says not announced yet.
Thanks for the info, the source seems trustworthy, that's how the release date for Mirror's Edge DLC was revealed too... I just hope they'll release BSI in May, but if they keep spacing out the content, we could be looking at June.

OriginX

So I'm in desperate need for a new racing game for my 360. Is this the best bet? or am I better off going for midnight club or NFS?

Returners

OriginX said:
So I'm in desperate need for a new racing game for my 360. Is this the best bet? or am I better off going for midnight club or NFS?

Oh its good. Stay away from NFS.

Its either Midnight or Burnout. (Though I prefer Burnout)

Top Bottom