• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

OriginX said:
So I'm in desperate need for a new racing game for my 360. Is this the best bet? or am I better off going for midnight club or NFS?
Stay away from NFS. MC or this is a good bet. But be prepared, for both, to learn the maps. It's not a straight up point a-b circuit racing.

OriginX

Picked this baby up last night at Walmart for $20 for the 360. I didn't have a lot of time to play it last night, but I did play some. Okay, so I started the game and got two license upgrades. I tried to play online, but it said i need the free upgrade or something like that when I tried to start to start a quick match. Is this an upgrade I need to get from XBL or something?
Second question, I entered a crash mode type deal where I could cause my car to have a more intense crash by pressing the "B" button, but I have no idea what it's called or how to launch it... do you guys know what I'm talking about?

crispyben

OriginX said:
Picked this baby up last night at Walmart for $20 for the 360. I didn't have a lot of time to play it last night, but I did play some. Okay, so I started the game and got two license upgrades. I tried to play online, but it said i need the free upgrade or something like that when I tried to start to start a quick match. Is this an upgrade I need to get from XBL or something?
Yep, you need to download V1.70 from XBL, it contains all the updates so far. Be prepared for a hefty download!

OriginX said:
Second question, I entered a crash mode type deal where I could cause my car to have a more intense crash by pressing the "B" button, but I have no idea what it's called or how to launch it... do you guys know what I'm talking about?
It's called Showtime, and you need to press both shoulder buttons at the same time while moving.

CrashTV 30 is up, didn't watch it yet...

crispyben

OK, I just watched CrashTV 30, I'll post some caps tomorrow if nobody does it earlier. The liveries are cool, except the SI-7 which is supposed to be French... WTF is this shit?

The designer (a French guy who insisted on having one French police car) said he was inspired by the French highway police driving Japanese cars. They do drive Subaru Imprezas, but they look like this

2006.jpg

not the ugly orange livery they showed....

crispyben said:
OK, I just watched CrashTV 30, I'll post some caps tomorrow if nobody does it earlier. The liveries are cool, except the SI-7 which is supposed to be French... WTF is this shit?

The designer (a French guy who insisted on having one French police car) said he was inspired by the French highway police driving Japanese cars. They do drive Subaru Imprezas, but they look like this

2006.jpg

not the ugly orange livery they showed....
It's actually close in styling in term of trim, outside of the color.

Oh well.

Chris R

Just got my Burnout license earlier tonight, now I just need 99 more wins for the Elite, and then I can start trying to set some decent times on roads :lol . Also, can someone explain how the online challenges work? I see the list, but whenever I go online, its just people driving around and stuff...

rc213

rhfb said:
Just got my Burnout license earlier tonight, now I just need 99 more wins for the Elite, and then I can start trying to set some decent times on roads :lol . Also, can someone explain how the online challenges work? I see the list, but whenever I go online, its just people driving around and stuff...

When you search for an online game go into the ones called Freeburn Challenges.

I'm about 105 wins away from my Burnout Elite license.

Chris R

Thanks, going from A to Burnout wasn't that hard since I just used the car reward from Billboards to win basically every race on the map :lol thing is just so damn fast. Haven't done a single event yet other than my Burning Routes so I don't know how hard the game kicks it up for these final challenges, but it would be nice to have to use the restart once in awhile :(

rc213

I went from A to Burnout as well since I had to restart for the trophies. I've been using the GT Nighthawk I purchased which is super fast and rumbles like a tank.

PSN: rc213

Chris R

rc213 said:
I went from A to Burnout as well since I had to restart for the trophies. I've been using the GT Nighthawk I purchased which is super fast and rumbles like a tank.

PSN: rc213
I'll add you later tonight. Should get everyone who plays some what frequently on PSN to be friends so we can try to top each others times :lol

crispyben

rhfb said:
The best way to do challenges now that there are so many uncooperative players is to host your own freeburn room, that way you can choose the challenges you want and kick those who don't participate or keep taking you down...

rc213 said:
Got the GT Nighthawk and the Toy Firehawk GP. Whats a good Toy Car to pick up?
Toy Inferno Van and Takedown 4X4 were pretty fun for me.

For competitive capped races, I've seen alot of people take the F1 Toy car, as it seems to have the best accel with a boost cap.

rex64

Banned
just bought today but:

"You have failed to connect to the Paradise city servers. You must download the latest Burnout Paradise update to go online"

360 version and yes I'm connected to live :(

rex64 said:
just bought today but:

"You have failed to connect to the Paradise city servers. You must download the latest Burnout Paradise update to go online"

360 version and yes I'm connected to live :(
Go to the XBLM: Look for the latest update. I believe it's 1.7.

Drek

Just fired this up for PS3 last night and it took over an hour to finish the download. Five part thing, first was 385, then a series of DLs around 150.

That plus I had to do the 2.70 update. ;P

Anyhoo, fun game.

Returners

Drek said:
Just fired this up for PS3 last night and it took over an hour to finish the download. Five part thing, first was 385, then a series of DLs around 150.

That plus I had to do the 2.70 update. ;P

Anyhoo, fun game.

noticed a lot of under the hood changes yet?

Walshicus

In the last week about six of my friends have picked this one up, while I had it sitting on my shelf. If we weren't all buying used copies the dev's would be laughing...

Burnout Paradise. So fucking awesome!

Havent played it since before the bikes patch, turned it back on tonight. Wow. The game that never stops giving :D

They NAILED the whole burnout on bikes feel.

Baron

Sir Fragula said:
In the last week about six of my friends have picked this one up, while I had it sitting on my shelf. If we weren't all buying used copies the dev's would be laughing...

Why are you buying used copies of a $20 new game? Are you people really that cheap that a $5 savings is worth it to you to screw over both the developer that worked so hard on the game and the industry as a whole?

But who cares, I saved five quid, mommy! Jesus Christ.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Baron said:
Why are you buying used copies of a $20 new game? Are you people really that cheap that a $5 savings is worth it to you to screw over both the developer that worked so hard on the game and the industry as a whole?

:lol

Baron said:

Don't know if you're aware of this, but we're in a recession. Recessions make people save money at all costs, whether it be $5 or $50.

Don't be a bitch and yell at the consumers who want to be responsible by saving as much money as they can.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Baron said:

I lost my job 9 months ago, unemployment pays 1/3rd of what I made before, so my wife and are are living on substantially less than we were almost a year ago. You can act all high and mighty about this, but some people can really use ANY extra money, I know I sure as fuck can. Calm down hoss and get off your high horse.

jett

D-Member
Shinjitsu said:
I lost my job 9 months ago, unemployment pays 1/3rd of what I made before, so my wife and are are living on substantially less than we were almost a year ago. You can act all high and mighty about this, but some people can really use ANY extra money, I know I sure as fuck can. Calm down hoss and get off your high horse.

Maybe you shouldn't be buying any videogames if your situation is that dire.

Shinjitsu

Banned
jett said:
Maybe you shouldn't be buying any videogames if your situation is that dire.

Did I say I was buying a game?
And actually I went to gamefly so I don't have to buy anything for a while. It's not that 5 dollars one time would make a huge difference, but 5 dollars here and there adds up.

I recognize that avatar...you're the same person chiding me for playing MVC2 on the PS2 instead of spending a lot of money and buying the DC version again. What the shit, man.

Shinjitsu

Banned
bune duggy said:
I recognize that avatar...you're the same person chiding me for playing MVC2 on the PS2 instead of spending a lot of money and buying the DC version again. What the shit, man.

Actually I recommended you sell your PS2 copy since you said you had a Dreamcast, then buy the Dreamcast version and keep the leftover change since the PS2 port is crap.

But wtf does that have to do with anything related to Burnout or someone getting bitched at for saving 5 bucks?:lol

TheFallen

5 dollars adds up. I also bought this used. Saving 5 dollars on 10-12 games is another free game. No reason to bitch at someone for doing it. If you're perfectly fine with paying $5 more for a brand new copy, go for it. We're not scolding you.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That does look awesome. I still haven't the heart to buy the DLC but I hope this is free. From the looks of it, probably not.

crispyben

LiquidMetal14 said:
That does look awesome. I still haven't the heart to buy the DLC but I hope this is free. From the looks of it, probably not.
Nah, should be 800MSP/€9.99/$9.99/£7.99

Did you guys know there was an Inside Xbox video about Burnout? It's got some of the things seen in Qore, but other new stuff too, including... a ski jump on BSI!!!

Here's the video, the sound's out of synch and the screen caps are ugly, so watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_48fuQ7C5e4

EDIT: WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

efgoj8.jpg

Top Bottom