• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Chris R

Angst said:
Congrats! :D

I'll never get it though as I don't have an Eyetoy. And none of my friends plays it anymore so I can't invite anyone to play with me online either. Or maybe someone here can help me out?
I'd be down for doing the online challenges. I don't have an eyetoy or xblivecam either :(

Dementia

Angst said:
Congrats! :D

I'll never get it though as I don't have an Eyetoy. And none of my friends plays it anymore so I can't invite anyone to play with me online either. Or maybe someone here can help me out?
Ugh, those types of trophies/achievements really piss me off. There are hundreds of other much more clever challenges they could have implemented as trophies instead of requiring you to buy some stupid fucking peripheral.

I really wish I wasn't such a trophy whore.

crispyben

JayDub said:
I feel kind of dumb for asking this, but anyoen with the PC version of BO: PC know how to restart a race?
The Official Burnout Paradise Thread of Press Right on the Godamm Dpad

If you don't use EasyDrive for almost everything in the game, you're doing it wrong.

Rapping Granny said:
Ok why does my PS3 freeze everytime I try to access "Friends" ? Anyone else having this problem?
It's a known issue when you have more than 70 friends, you need to trim down your list...

Puck

Banned
Working towards my burnout elite license, 80 races to go!

Got all my stunts / jumps and findings done. 3/4 through the banners, not sure if i will continue.

I bought the GT nighthawk and the f1 toy car. They are a lot of fun.

I also started on the bikes, haven't touched them since when they first came out and i thought they were shit. The bikes are really awesome, amazing that they were free.

Can't wait for the island, going to be aweeeesome.

Feindflug

Anyone having the extra DLC cars can recommend me a car that's worth having? Is it true that the boost cars are the fastest cars in the game? even faster than the F1?

crispyben

Feindflug said:
Anyone having the extra DLC cars can recommend me a car that's worth having? Is it true that the boost cars are the fastest cars in the game? even faster than the F1?

CG weighed in on the issue...

The Carson Extreme Hot Rod has been hailed as the fastest vehicle in Paradise! We decided to test its credentials against the other contenders; the Nakamura Rai-Jin Turbo, the Nakamura Firehawk GP Competition, the Krieger PCPD Special, and the GT Nighthawk.

First up an acceleration test along Webster Avenue. All traffic was stopped and state of the art timing equipment setup to measure 0 to 60mph and 0 to 120mph times.

1st GT Nighthawk 1.52s 3.56s
2nd Extreme Hot Rod 1.56s 3.90s
3rd Firehawk 2.05s 4.72s
4th Rai-Jin Turbo 2.13s 5.45s
5th PCPD Special 2.94s 5.65s

So the GT Nighthawk retains its crown as fastest accelerating vehicle in Paradise, but only just. Acceleration is great if you haven't got far to go, but if you are travelling any sort of distance then top speed is what you really need.

Next up was a sustained top speed test along Section 4 of the I-88. This section was chosen for its gradual bends and inclines; only vehicles with good traction and a high power to weight ratio would be able to maintain their top speed along this stretch. All vehicles were travelling at top speed on passing through the first toll booth.

1st Extreme Hot Rod 42.57s
2nd Firehawk 43.05s
3rd Rai-Jin Turbo 44.58s
4th PCPD Special 44.82s
5th GT Nighthawk 45.45s

With a time over 2 seconds faster than the closest car and only the Nakamura Firehawk GP Competition getting close, the Carson Extreme Hot Rod is proven to be the Fastest Vehicle in Paradise!

Puck

Banned
I got the GT nighthawk, i feel it is really nice and quick, and the sound when boosting is nice.

I hope the island comes with a photo mode / possibly youtube mode.

Feindflug

Puck said:
I got the GT nighthawk, i feel it is really nice and quick, and the sound when boosting is nice.

I hope the island comes with a photo mode / possibly youtube mode.

Agreed, with that amazing crashes and takedowns it's really a pity we don't have at least a photo mode. :(

Farnack

Banned
Alright, I bought the game yesterday and I felt like something was wrong.

I kinda feel like the crashes aren't as vertical as they were in previous Burnouts, like taking down another car, it doesn't go up as much as it use to in the older games. Is it just me?

crispyben

bune duggy said:
so nothing happened yesterday, right?
Nope. Nothing at all. I was expecting a joke with the planes, but I guess they stay focused on the island...

EDIT: oh shit, it looks like the Cops and Robbers trophies were revealed (can't check myself)

Be first to reach the gold - Awarded for being the first player in an online Cops and Robbers game to pick up the gold (Bronze)

Pick up dropped gold - Awarded for successfully picking up the gold once it has been dropped in an online Cops and Robbers game (Bronze)

Win a game driving the Watson R-Turbo Roadster (Bronze)

Bank the gold - Awarded for successfully delivering the gold to your team base in an online Cops and Robbers game (Silver)

Take down the gold carrier - Awarded for successfully performing a takedown on the player carrying the gold in an online Cops and Robbers game (Silver)

Win a game on the Cops team (Silver)

Win a game on the Robbers team (Silver)

Win a best of five rounds game - Awarded for being on the winning team of a best of five rounds game of online Cops and Robbers (Silver)
That pretty much confirms offline singleplayer and online multiplayer :D

EDIT #2: from Twitter

IslandPete> Going to review a new trailer we will be releasing in the next few weeks....
Big Surf Island trailer? They've always released trailers close to (or after) content release...

Nice find :D Too bad the island might not arrive before late May. Cops and Robbers might come out this month, and with all those trophies I'm sure it'll be $10 / 10 € at least.

Puck

Banned
Yay cops and robbers.

As long there isn't "additional" cop cars you can purchase that are better than stock.

crispyben

Philanthropist said:
Nice find :D Too bad the island might not arrive before late May. Cops and Robbers might come out this month, and with all those trophies I'm sure it'll be $10 / 10 € at least.
I'd say it's pretty sure something will come out in April, and there's a good chance that will be Cops and Robbers.

Puck said:
As long there isn't "additional" cop cars you can purchase that are better than stock.
I guess/hope this one will be an all-inclusive pack.

bot_row_cops.png

paparazzo

crispyben said:
Nope. Nothing at all. I was expecting a joke with the planes, but I guess they stay focused on the island...

EDIT: oh shit, it looks like the Cops and Robbers trophies were revealed (can't check myself)

That pretty much confirms offline singleplayer and online multiplayer :D

EDIT #2: from Twitter

Big Surf Island trailer? They've always released trailers close to (or after) content release...
Interesting, yesterday I was viewing BP owning friends' trophies and, surprisingly, the PCPD trophies were on the list, but they weren't on my system when I went to view personal trophies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
yay, 25 more wins til I get my Elite license.

I was wondering, why are there more achievements in the PS3 version of the game? Has Criterion ever said anything about this?

Darunia said:
yay, 25 more wins til I get my Elite license.

I was wondering, why are there more achievements in the PS3 version of the game? Has Criterion ever said anything about this?

360 games have an achievement points cap, ps3 games do not. I'm sure they'd both have the exact same achievements if it was possible

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Gryphter said:
360 games have an achievement points cap, ps3 games do not. I'm sure they'd both have the exact same achievements if it was possible

The cap used to be 1250, but Halo 3 and Gears 2 (GTA IV also in the future) have shown that can be stretched. Strange that Burnout apparently has to respect it

crispyben

The Skater said:
Interesting, yesterday I was viewing BP owning friends' trophies and, surprisingly, the PCPD trophies were on the list, but they weren't on my system when I went to view personal trophies.
That's the only way they show up before content is released.

j-wood

Quick question.

I see that the latest update added new trophioes for the Toy cars and such. Does that mean I have to buy the new packs to get the platinum trophy?

RotBot

j-wood said:
Quick question.

I see that the latest update added new trophioes for the Toy cars and such. Does that mean I have to buy the new packs to get the platinum trophy?
Nope. DLC trophies don't matter. You don't even need the Bike trophies.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Epic Games says the new rule is that you can go past 1250 as long as the achievements that take it past 1250 are tied to DLC.
That's interesting. Link? Considering their first paid DLC pack was just 50 points, it looked like they were reserving the Cops and Robbers and the island for the remaining 200 points.

Azrael

RotBot said:
Nope. DLC trophies don't matter. You don't even need the Bike trophies.

The Cagney trophies aren't required either (online stunt run, online marked man, online road rage, and timed challenges).

JayDub

crispyben said:
The Official Burnout Paradise Thread of Press Right on the Godamm Dpad

If you don't use EasyDrive for almost everything in the game, you're doing it wrong.

No Dpad, its the PC version! Also am on a laptop with no num pad. Any other way?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Does the PC version have anything equivalent to achievements/trophies?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
JayDub said:
No Dpad, its the PC version! Also am on a laptop with no num pad. Any other way?

Restart an Event

The ‘Restart Event’ option can be found in the Easy-Drive menus.

There are 4 controls used to navigate Easy-Drive, by default these are the num-pad arrow keys (8 - up, 2 - down, 4 - left, 6 - right) or a gamepads d-pad.

1. Push right while driving to open the Easy-Drive
2. Select ‘Restart Event’
http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=410

It sounds like you can change the default layout.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got my Elite license this weekend. Only thing I still have to do in the singleplayer is finding 7 more billboards and 6 stunt jumps. Completing the latter will be tricky because there's no visual clue whether you've done the jump or not, unlike the other collectibles

RanoNL

Darunia said:
Got my Elite license this weekend. Only thing I still have to do in the singleplayer is finding 7 more billboards and 6 stunt jumps. Completing the latter will be tricky because there's no visual clue whether you've done the jump or not, unlike the other collectibles
This interactive map is all you need :)

http://www.senocular.com/burnout/

crispyben

It looks like Cops and Robbers will be the next DLC (maybe next week), and it's apparently been removed from the in-game Burnout store, which leads some to believe it'll be free, in order to offset the upset caused by previous prices... Sounds like wishful thinking.

Anyway, Big Surf Island looms on the horizon, what with IslandPete mentioning it again on Twitter today ("Wondering how to secure the Island over the Easter weekend... "), and that's as good a time as any to bring the Islandpedia to your attention. This work-in-progress has been updated for more than a year with the latest Big Surf Island insights provided by the various media, and it truly is a tremendous achievement... Click here for more details.

3407698956_33dbb57a2b.jpg

crispyben said:
It looks like Cops and Robbers will be the next DLC (maybe next week), and it's apparently been removed from the in-game Burnout store, which leads some to believe it'll be free, in order to offset the upset caused by previous prices... Sounds like wishful thinking.

Anyway, Big Surf Island looms on the horizon, what with IslandPete mentioning it again on Twitter today ("Wondering how to secure the Island over the Easter weekend... "), and that's as good a time as any to bring the Islandpedia to your attention. This work-in-progress has been updated for more than a year with the latest Big Surf Island insights provided by the various media, and it truly is a tremendous achievement... Click here for more details.

3407698956_33dbb57a2b.jpg
Hmm... Looking at that. Not that impressed.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
AlphaTwo00 said:
It's almost 1/3 of the entire land mass of the original release, this looks big. I hope they take the Midnight Club and release this for free and charge for the meat of the content. This way we could all enjoy the new scenery.

Ok, maybe not a third but a sizable chunk none-the-less.

crispyben

AlphaTwo00 said:
What were you expecting? We've known for a long time it's roughly the size of Downtown, there are jumps everywhere (the biggest jumps in Paradise City apparently), it has the "if you can see it, you can drive it" motto... This map is not official, it just gives us an idea.

crispyben said:
What were you expecting? We've known for a long time it's roughly the size of Downtown, there are jumps everywhere (the biggest jumps in Paradise City apparently), it has the "if you can see it, you can drive it" motto... This map is not official, it just gives us an idea.
Size wise, it's fine. It just seems so empty with lack of roads. That whole green blob doesn't inspire much faith.

Also, the currently penciled in roads don't seem to lend themselves too well for island race setups. Around the island is most likely a good bet, but I was hoping a few more interesting ones.

crispyben

AlphaTwo00 said:
Size wise, it's fine. It just seems so empty with lack of roads. That whole green blob doesn't inspire much faith.

Also, the currently penciled in roads don't seem to lend themselves too well for island race setups. Around the island is most likely a good bet, but I was hoping a few more interesting ones.
Well, it only shows road that were seen in the videos/pictures and the ones that can be guessed from them! I'm sure there'll be a lot more :D However, I'm also pretty sure they conceived Big Surf Island as a Stunt Run area, so it would not lend itself to races very well... Then again, how many races do you have within the confines of Downtown?

crispyben

bune duggy said:
Yeah, works put together based on speculation and hypothesis by fans are never that impressive.
I think the amount of information gathered along the way is pretty impressive, I scrutinized all this stuff but never got all this out of it!

Shurs

I'm seriously considering selling my disc based copy of Paradise and buying the PSN download version. I'd like to know a few things:

A) Will my game save for the disc version work with the download version?

B) Will this cause any incompatibility with the trophies I have earned?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Top Bottom