• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You know, I don't see that guy's name in any report other than TMZ. How did they get the name?

Fatalah

Y2Kev said:
You know, I don't see that guy's name in any report other than TMZ. How did they get the name?

The Angel's haven't updated their official website yet. It's chilling to read the article they have up about how great he pitched last night. Goddamnit.

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/ne...tent_id=4170072&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=ana

3txrU2Vw.jpg

ANAHEIM -- Nick Adenhart couldn't have been much better.
The Angels' bullpen couldn't have been much worse.

One thing led to another, Adenhart's string of six zeros turning into crooked numbers late, and the Athletics seized a 6-4 decision on Wednesday night at Angel Stadium with three runs in the eighth inning and three more in the ninth.

Big-E

Damn, I made fun of his ears last night. Now I feel like a total douche. RIP. Guy pitched well too and looked to be a guy they could have depended on.

Big-E

Age really hits home since the kid was my age and was probably going out for a night out having pitched so well. So fucking retarded that shit like this happens in life.

Big-E said:
Age really hits home since the kid was my age and was probably going out for a night out having pitched so well. So fucking retarded that shit like this happens in life.

And it happens far, far too often.

Running a red light under the influence. It's always the same story.

You wish things could be done to better prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Karakand said:
Kelvim Escobar (shoulder recovery)
Ervin Santana (MCL, elbow)
John Lackey (elbow)
Nick Adenhart (dead)
You have a really dark sense of humor :)

Though I admit after the initial shock all I could think of was the obvious "hit and run" joke :(

bluemax

Banned
When I saw this on LL just now I thought it was a sick, late April Fool's day joke.

What an awful tragedy. Supposedly the driver of the other vehicle was drunk. So fucking sad and terrible.

h3ro

:(

The asshole responsible always survives. I don't want to hear that nonsense about having to live with the guilt of what happened either, I'd rather have my loved one back than knowing some schmuck has to feel bad for the rest of his life. Horrible.

Jesus... only 22 years old.

The sad thing is, like most hit and runs, this hit and run could have been avoided if he checked to his left to see if there was movement before he made his move toward home. (I know, guys.) We almost got killed by a drunk asshole running a red light, and when he passed, my friend said, "Do you guys realize how close we just came to dying just now?" I can't say I have no sympathy for drunk drivers, because they aren't malicious people, but I really think this asshole needs to go to jail for a little while for running off like he was a murderer. This is why I don't drive if I've had a single drink.

Big-E

PantherLotus said:
how many pitches did he take?

Irrelevant. He failed to cash in.

PantherLotus said:
and i want to snuggle with your avatar.

Don't we all though your avatar is quite the number as well.

Great start for Oliver. Striking out Votto was big.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
:eek:

Perez gets out of the same inning with only 10 pitches.

Pitches After the 1st Inning
Arroyo - 28
Perez - 10

Big-E said:
Irrelevant. He failed to cash in.

Don't we all though your avatar is quite the number as well.

Great start for Oliver. Striking out Votto was big.

1. Pitch counts are everything.
2. We should get them together.

Doytch

Romero getting out of the 1st-2nd no-out. Following on Gameday, which seems to have called a few of his pitches as fastballs, though they're definitely not (82 vs. 89-90). Anyone know what those might be?

e: Porcello has thrown one pitch that hasn't been a fastball so far. Though, he is dealing, 92-94.

Big-E

clemenx said:
I prefer MLB Gameday lol.

He's getting the K's but i find worrysome that his fastball is averaging 89mph!

Location, location, location. He keeps locating it doesn't matter if its sub 90.

EDIT: Ok Reyes on, we need a run here. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cashman said:
what is it going to take to get some bandwagon ranger fans in here? They haven't been 2-0 since 2000. Things are one the rise I tell you! I don't think I can do one more year of essentially talking to myself on here.
I'm going to see the Roughriders play next week and a Rangers home game vs Oakland the week after. Haven't been to the stadium since it opened, so this year seems like a good time to head down there.

clemenx

Banned
I know, but let's not forget he's Oliver Perez :p He's not known for finding his location hehe. Though that's a great start for the game let's hope he can keep doing that.

Damn Reyes!! he would have scored there.

Doytch

I thought Romero was gonna crack with Inge and bases loaded. Thank god he got out of it. Hope Jays can manage some run support today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom