• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC Information is Finally out

Dunkley

Nice, bet in the end when people start modding the crap out of this sad excuse for a port, the devs are still gonna resort to blaming that for their lack of future PC port instead of acknowledging that with a crap effort like that, they basically already sealed the fate of their PC presence pre-release.

duckroll

So.... let's get this straight.

- 1 month plus delay from console versions
- PS3 quality effects
- No Yawaraka Engine
- No online play for months
- No controller vibration
- No achievements

Lol.

Arafo

to those who want to get a refund on steam:

account details<store transactions/find Final round on the list< click on refund

776250-pre_order_cancelled.gif

Zalusithix

I kind of like how the AA and shadows are toggle options. You want choices on shadow quality or what AA to use? Too bad! You'll like what we give you, or you'll get nothing! (At least you should be able to force the AA at the driver level.)

If the owner of the company that I worked for wanted to test the waters in a new market, and my direct supervisor said "fuck it, it's a waste of time," I would probably put out work of the same quality as this port.

Just a theory.

Zalusithix

If the owner of the company that I worked for wanted to test the waters in a new market, and my direct supervisor said "fuck it, it's a waste of time," I would probably put out work of the same quality as this port.

Just a theory.

Self fulfilling prophecies FTW.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

deeptech

I can understand lack of achievements to an extent, as well as porting from PS3. But no vibration function for a controller? LEL

If only they explained why is this?

synce

Team Ninja finally made it official... same chart as the Japanese one... almost- http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_steam_spec.html

Notice how they "accidentally" left the table for the missing soft engine blank. No achievements also confirmed.

Blank space for boob engine cracked me up

Seriously I can see why Itagaki quit this company. I don't think TN is to blame here, someone at the top either didn't give them enough money, manpower, or time. And they're trying to push an incomplete port of a 3 year old game for $40

Is there actually a big difference between soft engine and the not so soft engine?

because I don't really see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6KNVKGW-dc
Wow, very impressive physics right there. The ps3 looks pretty bad in comparison. Boobies are supposed to be soft and bouncy but in ps3 they look like bricks. Guess I see where the "soft" in soft engine comes from.

You know, same shit happened with naruto storm 2. The engine was capped at 30 fps and the only anti-aliasing option was 2xSSAA. But the more developers make the move to pc, the better it'll be for us. I fully expect the new naruto game to be at 60 fps with proper/decent graphic options on pc.

I don't recall any ninja gaiden games for pc either, so if this goes kinda well, they'll definitely put more effort in next time. Can't wait until there are no good console exclusives, I hate missing out on great games because of 30 fps and no 3D vision support. Just imagine the order at 4k, or uncharted at 4k at 60 fps in 3D. That's almost like playing a whole new game.

I dislike how on the English website version, they don't list "yawaraka engine" (the soft engine) but leave it blank but still an "X". It's like oh yea "woops" we left out our selling point for Last Round on PC.

English crop
e0x2N3a.jpg

Japanese crop

j7bn7dD.jpg

It does not seem like a "mistake", that was a selling point for the PS4. Dammit koei tecmo, I wanted to give you my money for a PC DOA...but now I don't wanna.

They only release the PC specs after ~4 months of pre-orders building up. All of us watching that pre-order bar on steam go up with our preorder money. Baka KT is baka.

impact

Banned
So.... let's get this straight.

- 1 month plus delay from console versions
- PS3 quality effects
- No Yawaraka Engine
- No online play for months
- No controller vibration
- No achievements

Lol.

"PC sales were quite low with Dead or Alive 5 Last Round so...."

Good riddance. We don't need shithouse developers like this on PC. Make the port right or don't make it at all.

OmegaDL50

I'm finding this totally baffling why Tecmo decided to do the extra work to port a PowerPC derived version (PS3 / 360) to x86 (PC)

When they ALREADY DID the same thing for the PS4 and XB1 versions.

Far be it for me to claim it would make FUCKING COMMON SENSE to use the existing updated and revised x86 version on the PS4 and XB1 and simply just adapt it to another x86 platform (PC)

But, nooo, doing the common sense and logical thing isn't what they do.

Fuck off Tecmo, buying the game on PS3 for the original release of DoA5 is one thing, but I don't tolerate laziness.

You get nothing and hopefully your PC "port" of the game is rightly criticized harshly for it. Incompetent fools!

Hubb

"PC sales were quite low with Dead or Alive 5 Last Round so...."

Good riddance. We don't need shithouse developers like this on PC. Make the port right or don't make it at all.

Speak for yourself. This is a shitty port, no one is going to argue that. I however would like some of the games Koei Tecmo have to come to PC and to keep coming to the PC.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Wow, very impressive physics right there. The ps3 looks pretty bad in comparison. Boobies are supposed to be soft and bouncy but in ps3 they look like bricks. Guess I see where the "soft" in soft engine comes from.

You know, same shit happened with naruto storm 2. The engine was capped at 30 fps and the only anti-aliasing option was 2xSSAA. But the more developers make the move to pc, the better it'll be for us. I fully expect the new naruto game to be at 60 fps with proper/decent graphic options on pc.

I don't recall any ninja gaiden games for pc either, so if this goes kinda well, they'll definitely put more effort in next time. Can't wait until there are no good console exclusives, I hate missing out on great games because of 30 fps and no 3D vision support. Just imagine the order at 4k, or uncharted at 4k at 60 fps in 3D. That's almost like playing a whole new game.
The port is lazy but the soft physics look ridiculous. Boobs don't continue to undulate for a full two seconds after a woman stops moving. They look like water balloons on the moon. And I hope someone mods in decent skin so it doesn't look like Doll Fighter 2015. Or maybe that's part of the appeal.

impact

Banned
Speak for yourself. This is a shitty port, no one is going to argue that. I however would like some of the games Koei Tecmo have to come to PC and to keep coming to the PC.

I'd like Ninja Gaiden Black and 2, and Toukiden but I'm not going to support bad games (with baaaaad ports) like DoA and Dynasty Warriors to have it happen.

Supporting this kind of disrespectful work is counter-intuitive. At least I have my principals.

OmegaDL50

Maybe your info is wrong and the port is based on the arcade version that runs on an i3 and a GT545.

Yet it still makes no sense when the x86 PS4 and XB1 superior versions already exist.

It's pure laziness if they decided to use an outdated Arcade version when a more recent version exists using the same architecture.

Foffy

Banned
What a fucking mess.

They'll use the lack of sales as a reason to not move further with PC versions, huh? Never addressing the fact that the PC version is, on every conceivable account, a full blown ripoff.

Hubb

Supporting this kind of disrespectful work is counter-intuitive. At least I have my principals.

Congrats on your principals. I'd welcome Koei to bring as many games to the PC they can. There is at least a chance one of the ports is good. I'm not going to just say "we don't want a shit developer like you on the PC".

This is not me saying I will buy all the games they bring, I wont. Specially if they are shit ports. I'd just love to see them try, you know, a little harder than they've done in the past.

Momentary

Banned

I want the same thing, but I'm not supporting a company that is deceptive.

impact

Banned
Congrats on your principals. I'd welcome Koei to bring as many games to the PC they can. There is at least a chance one of the ports is good. I'm not going to just say "we don't want a shit developer like you on the PC".

But you could say "we don't want shit ports on PC"

...or just keep giving these companies money for their lack of effort. Your call.

Hubb

I want the same thing, but I'm not supporting a company that is deceptive.

But you could say "we don't want shit ports on PC"

...or just keep giving these companies money for their lack of effort. Your call.

Edited in my answer a little too late. I am fine saying I don't want shit ports on any platform. I am not fine saying "stop trying". Maybe every game they release sucks, but I'd rather them try than not try.

This is not me saying I will buy all the games they bring, I wont. Specially if they are shit ports. I'd just love to see them try, you know, a little harder than they've done in the past.

duckroll

I'd like Ninja Gaiden Black and 2, and Toukiden but I'm not going to support bad games (with baaaaad ports) like DoA and Dynasty Warriors to have it happen.

This is the new Team Ninja, not the old Team Nina. Odds are they don't even want to acknowledge Ninja Gaiden Black exists. If they do port anything, it'll be Ninja Gaiden Sigma... running at 30fps!!!!

Top Bottom