• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC Information is Finally out

ShinMaruku

Some of those who say they are not buying were never serious in the first place, this gives a convenient excuse. I won't say everybody is like that but a few coming out of the wood work were never serious in the first place.

Tagyhag

That's a shame, but at least they weren't crazy enough to arbitrarily lock down the resolution.

I'm really curious as to how well this will sell. Especially if the netcode somehow turns out to be good.

Not too crazy with how this turned out, so just pulled my preorder for now. Will wait to see how this goes in the future, but just a pretty odd port.

AlStrong

If you haven't bought a previous version before, then you don't know what you're missing. Soft Body is nothing more than a gimmick for boobs, you're not missing that. Some of the other missing "features" meanwhile are a bit concerning but nothing hugely ground-breaking.

Yeah pretty much. Mainly it sucks they don't have the two extra stages, which tbh, should be a rather trivial thing for them to add in once they have time, considering they've added stages before (beach & Haunted/Lorelai). One can hope. :p

It's too bad MS didn't jump at them to do a cross-buy thing ala PinballFX2, though I suppose that would have meant delays anyway. I'd have gladly jumped on board as a 360 player.

Fantasmo

That's a shame, but at least they weren't crazy enough to arbitrarily lock down the resolution.

I'm really curious as to how well this will sell. Especially if the netcode somehow turns out to be good.
The problem is most fighting games that aren't Street Fighter taper off in player count to an unplayable degree on PC. A couple weeks okay, but 3 months is just stupid. And being a last gen port and pissing off modders isn't going to help them either.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
its 2 stages, Softbody and the effects. The gameplay, costumes, characters and pretty much everything gameplay related is there. It wouldnt surprise me if modders find a way to implement some the removed content in.

xemumanic

It won't fix "Soft Body" AFAIK.

If you haven't bought a previous version before, then you don't know what you're missing. Soft Body is nothing more than a gimmick for boobs, you're not missing that. Some of the other missing "features" meanwhile are a bit concerning but nothing hugely ground-breaking.

All of this is true. But I'm voting with my dollars. I probably wouldn't even have had time to play much of it, but this is one less sale they got because they half-assed.

synce

It's not too hard to vote with your dollar on this game. I mean they're asking $40 for something that's $20 on PS3 and doesn't even have an online mode

Mike Golf

Lost my sale. Was definitely thinking of double dipping, technically penta dipping with all other versions considered, but this is ridiculous.

Boogybro

Some of those who say they are not buying were never serious in the first place, this gives a convenient excuse. I won't say everybody is like that but a few coming out of the wood work were never serious in the first place.

I'm serious. Now I might just wait for a sale and then MAYBE buy it.

xemumanic

It's not too hard to vote with your dollar on this game. I mean they're asking $40 for something that's $20 on PS3 and doesn't even have an online mode

Why was this never discussed before? Are you sure there's no other difference?

Uraizen

Banned
The loss of soft body and PS3 particle effects are annoying, but losing two stages? Fuck off with that non-sense. At least lower the price considering everything we're losing out on.

s_mirage

Just to get all conspiratorial, I wonder if they held off making the feature announcements to this late stage in order to try to limit the backlash (i.e. cancellations) they must have known would come.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Just to get all conspiratorial, I wonder if they held off making the feature announcements to this late stage in order to try to limit the backlash (i.e. cancellations) they must have known would come.

probably .... I mean - it's not like they didn't know it's going to be a shitty old-gen (or even arcade - which would also mean we won't even get proper X360 button prompts, so prepare for B1, B2, B3 etc. everywhere) port even before they began porting it ...

Hackworth

They set up a system where people had to preorder in large numbers or the game would come out with a little less DLC, this sounds similar.

Velurian

Well, how about a core fighters pack so we could at least try it out before paying for it.
HAD some hopes for this one, but this does not bode well.
What a shitty attitude.

Momentary

Banned
Just because the game didnt do a good PC port it doesnt make it less of a fighter. Calm yourself before looking bitter.

I have every right to be bitter. It's my money. They withheld this information until the last second knowing that there would be less sales up front if they went ahead and stated it. I hate sleazy practices like this. It's freakin' dirty. I don't give a crap how good of a fighting game it is. I sure as hell won't be supporting this.

I do retract my statement about this not being a real fighter though. But this way of doing business is just not kosher with me. I would rather them spend an extra 3 months to put in the damn netcode and actually do a current gen port of the game.

Less stages, less aesthetic choices, lower fidelity, and NOOOOOO ONLINE MOOOOODES.

*PS: I give 2 shits about the soft engine, but I'm sure there were some folks excited about that too. I really don't see a difference other than more bounciness.

Vazra

I have every right to be bitter. It's my money. They withheld this information until the last second knowing that there would be less sales up front if they went ahead and stated it. I hate sleazy practices like this. It's freakin' dirty. I don't give a crap how good of a fighting game it is. I sure as hell won't be supporting this.

I do retract my statement about this not being a real fighter though. But this way of doing business is just not kosher with me. I would rather them spend an extra 3 months to put in the damn netcode and actually do a current gen port of the game.

Less stages, less aesthetic choices, lower fidelity, and NOOOOOO ONLINE MOOOOODES.

*PS: I give 2 shits about the soft engine, but I'm sure there were some folks excited about that too.

Less Stages? Yeah
Less Aesthetic Choices? Yeah the particle effects were neat.
Lower fidelity? The game runs at 4k and has AA
No Online? Online is coming within 3 months

Momentary

Banned
Less Stages? Yeah
Less Aesthetic Choices? Yeah the particle effects were neat.
Lower fidelity? The game runs at 4k and has AA
No Online? Online is coming within 3 months

BAH HAH HAH... not even responding to the bolded.

When I said aesthetics I was talking about the hair not being there and graphical fidelity being the particle effects.

I know image quality will be superior.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anyone have a comparison video of the last vs current gen particle effects? $40 seems a bit steep with the reduced feature set.

Vazra

BAH HAH HAH... not even responding to the bolded.

When I said aesthetics I was talking about the hair not being there and graphical fidelity being the particle effects.

I know image quality will be superior.

The hair will be in. You didn't read the OP?

As for the one asking for particle effect comparison. Here

Momentary

Banned
Is it funny because you tried to point it out yet it's the one thing they were upfront with all along?

It's funny because it's a negative already added to another list of negatives. Don't care that they were upfront about it. I purchased it back then. But now all this other crap they weren't up front with? No man. Why are people championing this fucking game?

Look. My money. I have every right to be upset at a company that's not up front. I don't care.

Vazra

why would they port the old version? isnt that harder than porting the new one, being x86 and all?

Ninja Dogs confirmed.

It's Koei Tecmo overall being lazy. For worse look at the Dynasty Warriors 8 launch. That one was an extreme mess since the difference is absurd between the last gen and current gen versions.

Porting the arcade version also explains why they have to patch in online play, seeing as how that version lacks it. This whole PC situation is all sorts of weird.

Momentary

Banned
Cause the game is fun and for some the particle effects, soft engine and those 2 extra stages don't matter much. Also don't plan purchasing a PS4 or Xbox One just for one game.

Well you like the game and I hate the way they do business. If getting deceived is cool in your books then fine. Be it big or small, I'm not supporting this crap.

Plus the lack of 2 stages, and now looking at the particle effects... that's 2 major hits right there for me.

Porting the arcade version also explains why they have to patch in online play, seeing as how that version lacks it. This whole PC situation is all sorts of weird.

There's a Polish company called QLOC out there. I wish more people would use them for PC ports.

Tecmo being Tecmo.

Their DW8 Port was already quite bad. You had to configure the 360-pad yourself and then in the game it even showed "Press *obscure picture* to do jump" instead of "Press A to do jump".

Though I also got DoA5 for like 8€. Still sucks...

Vazra

Well you like the game and I hate the way they do business. If getting deceived is cool in your books then fine. Be it big or small, I'm not supporting this crap.

Plus the lack of 2 stages, and now looking at the particle effects... that's 2 major hits right there for me.
I was not deceived since I was already expecting this. The only real thing bothering me is the 2 stages.

Tecmo being Tecmo.

Their DW8 Port was already quite bad. You had to configure the 360-pad yourself and then in the game it even showed "Press *obscure picture* to do jump" instead of "Press A to do jump".

Though I also got DoA5 for like 8€. Still sucks...
I forgot about the controller mess. A friend requested a refund because of the many crashes he was getting and the obscure button prompts.

I forgot about the controller mess. A friend requested a refund because of the many crashes he was getting and the obscure button prompts.

I actually thinkt the button prompts were one of the reasons I really disliked the port (and no Online MP).

I really hope DoA5 will automatically detect the 360-pad and configures the buttons with clear A/B/X/Y commands.

Momentary

Banned
I was not deceived since I was already expecting this. The only real thing bothering me is the 2 stages.

Well I wish I could say I was expecting this too, but nope. I wasn't. Nor was a lot of other people. They are going to get sales from people not tracking this news who wouldn't have bought it if they were up front with EVERYTHING at the beginning.

What I don't get... is that they delayed the game for almost 2 months.... and the ETA on Online Modes is still 3 months. THAT is another load of shit.

I actually thinkt the button prompts were one of the reasons I really disliked the port (and no Online MP).

I really hope DoA5 will automatically detect the 360-pad and configures the buttons with clear A/B/X/Y commands.

I wouldn't be surprised if this mess of a port asked you for credits before being able to play.

Vazra

Did that get patched later on, modded or that never happened? I didn't follow much that game outside of the first week.

Well I wish I could say I was expecting this too, but nope. I wasn't. Nor was a lot of other people. They are going to get sales from people not tracking this news who wouldn't have bought it if they were up front with EVERYTHING at the beginning.

What I don't get... is that they delayed the game for almost 2 months.... and the ETA on Online Modes is still 3 months. THAT is another load of shit.

The PC port was started way later than the console versions which explains why the game wasn't ready to be out at launch. It would have been a bigger mess than the actual release we are getting which could still be a technical mess judging by TK PC releases.

Also getting Ninja 2015, Aloha, Beach Party and Halloween Pack 2013 DLC kinda softens the blow even more when you get the game so cheap.

It's Koei Tecmo overall being lazy. For worse look at the Dynasty Warriors 8 launch. That one was an extreme mess since the difference is absurd between the last gen and current gen versions.

Speaking of the Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Steam launch... it was so buggy most people couldn't even run it on Windows 8 without experiencing crashes. Given that, and the horrible Xbox One version of Last Round, I expect the PC version of Last Round to be equally as buggy at launch.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

don't count on it ... it just looks more and more like they're porting the arcade version ... so prepare for a lot of *obscure pictures* in that game .....

Top Bottom