• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC Information is Finally out

ElTopo

Banned
You and KT can fuck off honestly. My reasons for buying this game weren't shitty nude mods. I bought it because it's a fighter one of my best friend plays and I'd like to get in to a fighting game someone I know pays.

There's better fighting games out there. Getting upset about a bad port of Dead or Alive or at someone dissing it is like getting mad at someone dissing Clayfighter. Just chill out.

Liseda

What the fuck? This isn't fucking acceptable.

fucking shameful, we're getting it fucking delayed as fuck and it is still going to be incredible gimped and probably unoptimized as shit.

danmaku

There's better fighting games out there. Getting upset about a bad port of Dead or Alive or at someone dissing it is like getting mad at someone dissing Clayfighter. Just chill out.

- There are no other 3D fighting games on PC

- DOA5 is actually an excellent game, TN didn't spend all of their time on T&A, despite what prejudice and ignorance may suggest

ElTopo

Banned
- There are no other 3D fighting games on PC

- DOA5 is actually an excellent game, TN didn't spend all of their time on T&A, despite what prejudice and ignorance may suggest

We're going to be getting the next Tekken. And hopefully Virtua Fighter at some point.

And DOA is bad. It's cool that you like it but it's not a legit fighter in the slightest.

We'll lose anyway

If the game don't sell enough, we could not see another Team Ninja games on PC
If the game will sell enough, they are justified to make lazy ports of their games on PC
If the game will be modded, they will not release another game on PC

Damn...
So fuck them. If they don't want money then they don't deserve it.

KHlover

Banned
Really? Which ones in a similar style to DOA?

Please don't mention Tekken or SF now...

Bonus question: Which of those do have a PC port?

Edit: Seems your suggestion was indeed Tekken. Smh

Tenck

Very few people I know play fighting games. DoA is one of the few games I have to get in to the fighting genre by playing someone I know.

And you dissing DoA is not why I'm annoyed. It's you talking like you know anything about who buys it. It's been mentioned before that nude mods and extracting the character models was a thing before the pc version.

How about you chill out?

DR2K

Banned
Well this is really not a good look for Team Ninja.

We're going to be getting the next Tekken. And hopefully Virtua Fighter at some point.

And DOA is bad. It's cool that you like it but it's not a legit fighter in the slightest.

Yeah what do VF and Tekken have that make them more legitimate?

They're telling us not to buy it. They're literally telling us to fuck off. I wouldn't buy it if it were the last fighter on Steam.

This is so weird from the guys who made Ninja Gaiden and the previous DOAs. No other developer in Japan seemed like such a perfect fit for the current PC market, but here we are.
Tekken 7 plis save us.
I'll take one of their finest Soulcalibur V.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Show us where on the Ayane doll did Hayashit touch you?

alstein

And they'll wonder what happened when this inevitably bombs...

People will wonder why SNK did well on PC and no other Japanese company has?

SNK's ports may not be what we want, but they've treated their PC ports with real respect.

What will prob happen is the folks cancelling end up getting it during the Fall sale for half or 75% off. Most folks won't cancel their preorders and they'll still make money.

ElTopo

Banned
Really? Which ones in a similar style to DOA?

Please don't mention Tekken or SF now...

Bonus question: Which of those do have a PC port?

Edit: Seems your suggestion was indeed Tekken. Smh

I said Tekken is coming to PC. And if you're suggesting DOA is better than Tekken then no one can help you.

And I didn't realize I was trolling but I guess expressing a dissenting opinion is considered trolling so I'll stop because the weaboos are mad at me.

KHlover

Banned
I said Tekken is coming to PC. And if you're suggesting DOA is better than Tekken then no one can help you.

And I didn't realize I was trolling but I guess expressing a dissenting opinion is considered trolling so I'll stop because the weaboos are mad at me.
Oh please suggesting Tekken in a DOA thread is like suggesting Mario when a Sonic fan asks for a Sonic alternative he might like. The games technically are in the same genre but play so differently that your recommondation will get you laughed out of the thread.

Luckily Bamco will most likely do Tekken and Soul Calibur on PC, and do it right when they do - so hopefully Tecmo ends up embarrassed at some point. It is a bummer how poorly they have handled this release though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

I still want to know what makes DOA so bad and not a "legit" fighter.

ShinMaruku

...well...at least...they tried...? What did they do, port the PS3 version instead of the x86 version for Xbone and PS4? I don't even know how this could have happened.

People misunderstand the fact that x86 makes games 100% the same when consoles have their own quirks and what not. I never got where people thought x86 would make it the same. The propoganda did it's work (PR is propaganda rebranded don't doubt it)

There is a difference between opinion and fact. Never confuse the two....especially on an internet forum. Some like Tekken more and some like DOA. We all like fighters. We win....no need to argue about these silly things.

wait, really? link?

ShinMaruku

We'll lose anyway

If the game don't sell enough, we could not see another Team Ninja games on PC
If the game will sell enough, they are justified to make lazy ports of their games on PC
If the game will be modded, they will not release another game on PC

Damn...

You know their plan. :p
From the delay and the no info and the "No dirty mods"
That speaks volumes.

Disappointing news. I was tempted to double dip but I'll hold off. Maybe it'll be $5 when the online play finally gets patched in.

Maybe they don't like money.
Isn't this the fourth or fifth variation of this game being rereleased?

It seems like they're porting the raw arcade version of Ultimate which was using an i3 and Geforce GT545 then add the Last Round upgrades in. It's the only way I can fathom some of the omissions.
This makes the most sense in explaining the omissions. Doesn't explain what the heck Team Ninja was thinking when they decided to do it that way though, haha.

I still want to know what makes DOA so bad and not a "legit" fighter.
TLDR ver: It's pretty random and the strategy isn't there in comparison to a lot of other fighters as a result. DOA5 took some minor steps in the right direction and that helped the scene grow but I'm still of the opinion that the game needs a lot of work.

cwistofu

TLDR ver: It's pretty random and the strategy isn't there in comparison to a lot of other fighters. DOA5 took some minor steps in the right direction and that helped the scene grow but I'm still of the opinion that the game needs a lot of work.

I think if you just make it so low holds don't high crush, you're set. DOA5 is great, and it feels more visceral because you're mindgaming even during combos. But low hold just gets you out of too much, and low throws don't do enough damage to make up for it.

Buburibon

That's unfortunate, really. I'm now concerned about whether or not they'll include proper Xbox controller button prompts/icons since not one of their PC ports to date has it.

Innolis

Well, I always felt like they didn't really want to make a PC release....Clearly I wont be buying it. I love fighting games and I love tits, but I wont settle for a purposely inferior product.

Mephala

Probably did this so they can sell us an updated version later while consoles get DoA6 and another volleyball game.

Top Bottom