• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC Information is Finally out

Vade

Yeah what do VF and Tekken have that make them more legitimate?

I really like what TN did with 5 there are nice mechanisms inside and their support has been excellent for tournaments.

However, speaking about VF there are many pieces that make VF objectively superior as a competitive right now. Characters are unique along with their animations being unique. Look at all the unique animations for throw breaks based on character. Styles being unique, while DOA 5 has improved on the uniqueness of each character, rig is great, not even counting the new its Dural lol DOA characters can mesh into same land.

Deep mechanisms that really reward the "yomi" and execution. Personal preference no comeback mechanism. Top level players, from Shinko to Fuudo Shun and Chib Lion.

NPuCE2r.gif

A-V-B

Virtua Fighter is basically the jazz of fighting games. It's insanely complex and played by very few people compared to other styles, but if you enjoy it, nothing comes close to what it offers.

Virtua Fighter is basically the jazz of fighting games. It's insanely complex and played by very few people compared to other styles, but if you enjoy it, nothing comes close to what it offers.
I agree with the sentiment, but in my opinion VF is actually a beautifully simple game with an incredibly deep fighting system. No EX meters,no Supers and no special come back mechanics just you against your opponent and mastery of your character.

I never would have gotten this anyways but I feel bad for anyone who was looking forward to it.

The (sour) cherry on top will be if even with a last gen port, it still runs like crap.

Maztorre

How utterly tone deaf do you have to be to put out a PC port of a game which is missing technical features, when one of the primary draws of the PC platform is the ability to display more advanced technical features...

I was ready to preorder to support this game (despite owning DOA5U on PS3) purely because, as a massive VF fan, I'd love more 3D fighters on PC. However, I can't support such a shabby product when there are countless other developers more deserving of sales who have a sane, logical strategy for the PC platform.

Hubb

I really like what TN did with 5 there are nice mechanisms inside and their support has been excellent for tournaments.

However, speaking about VF there are many pieces that make VF objectively superior as a competitive right now.

Legitimate =/= Competitive. AlexSA2 seems to think it is a shit game and comes off as a complete asshole in all the posts within this thread. I'm not sure what makes Tekken a more legitimate fighter than DoA.

Is the soft engine really that revolutionary? Is it a big difference between the PS3 and PS4 verison?

It sucks not to have but isn't a big deal. Losing out on the Hairstyles and extra stages is the bigger issue. The whole thing sucks.

s_mirage

How utterly tone deaf do you have to be to put out a PC port of a game which is missing technical features, when one of the primary draws of the PC platform is the ability to display more advanced technical features...

I think it's quite clear at this point that KT don't understand the PC gaming market at all, and don't seem to be even trying to. First they released Yaiba at a ridiculous price, then they received criticism for the PS3 port of Dynasty Warriors 8 XL, but did they change track? No, Empires was a PS3 port too. Now we have the PC version of DoA 5, which again looks like an uprezzed PS3 port.

Not only have they utterly misread the PC market by giving us ports of games from hardware that's a decade old, but they have displayed some of the worst community relations I've seen in years. They have failed to engage with PC gamers, made threats about mods, and all but ignored the existence of fans that have already parted with their cash.

I'm still undecided about whether to cancel my pre-order, but I doubt I'll be giving KT much of my money in the future.

ShinMaruku

He seems to be one of them fgc people who got hung up on the tits while ignoring Asuka's cup size is almighty. The one thing I will say is they probably have the same size of people playing them competitively in the west so saying one is more legitimate is just shit.

DR2K

Banned

However, speaking about VF there are many pieces that make VF objectively superior as a competitive right now. Characters are unique along with their animations being unique. Look at all the unique animations for throw breaks based on character. Styles being unique, while DOA 5 has improved on the uniqueness of each character, rig is great, not even counting the new its Dural lol DOA characters can mesh into same land.

Deep mechanisms that really reward the "yomi" and execution. Personal preference no comeback mechanism. Top level players, from Shinko to Fuudo Shun and Chib Lion.

Every character in DOA is unique, the 4 Virtua Fighter characters made it in without losing anything because of how similar most of the system mechanics work.

Characters have specific throw break animations for everything that's breakable. Command throws are unbreakable because thats how their balanced.

K.Sabot

Remember ya'll: most steam pre-orders can be canceled by going to Account Details > Store Transactions > finding the game and requesting a refund.

You're locked out of the Steam Community market for a week (not the actual steam game store) if you do it.

xzeldax3

What the fuck??? Why do some devs port last gen versions? I thought it would be easier and cheaper to port the current gen games because of their closer similarity to PC architecture. I was totally baffled with NBA 2k14 but at least they made up for it with 15.

Luckily this game seems to have sold well via pre orders so Team Ninja won't pull a move like "oh they didn't buy our shitty port so let's never port our games to PC again."

Timu

The boobs move for sure but not naturally
Well more natural than the PS3 version at least.=p

Does it also change how the hair moves? DOA 5+ hair movement vs DOA 5 hair movement was a clear downgrade, how does DOA 5 Last Round PS3 hold up against Last Round PS4?
I didn't notice a change.

That's the current price at least here in Mexico ($320 MXN = $20.7 USD). What's the price in the US?
35 bucks until launch which will be 40 bucks afterwards.

xemumanic

And I waited so long for this. I never bought any previous version of DOA 5, and now I never will.
wtzgU.gif

Good jorb Tecmo.

galvenize

Not a DOA fanatic but I was interested enough in the pc version that I pre ordered on steam...

Surely mods can fix stuff right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Surely mods can fix stuff right?

It won't fix "Soft Body" AFAIK.

And I waited so long for this. I never bought any previous version of DOA 5,[ and now I never will.
wtzgU.gif

Good jorb Tecmo.

If you haven't bought a previous version before, then you don't know what you're missing. Soft Body is nothing more than a gimmick for boobs, you're not missing that. Some of the other missing "features" meanwhile are a bit concerning but nothing hugely ground-breaking.

Top Bottom