• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC Information is Finally out

Did that get patched later on, modded or that never happened? I didn't follow much that game outside of the first week.

Never happened.
They added some Japanese voice DLC for free though later.

And sadly the game also doesnt (didnt?) offer Steam Cloud savegames.

don't count on it ... it just looks more and more like they're porting the arcade version ... so prepare for a lot of *obscure pictures* in that game .....

That would suck.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Insert Credits to continue...

nah, not THAT bad .... but I wouldn't really be surprised if we didn't get any actual button prompts for X360 controllers ...

geez ... this whole KT porting thing brings me back to 2006 when PS3 came out ... and pretty much all the multiplatform games that ended up on PC were the PS2 versions ... ugh

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
gESlo.jpg

DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE OPERATION OF ALL OF THE GAME PAD. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lashman

gESlo.jpg

DOES NOT GUARANTE THE OPERATION OF ALL OF THE GAME PAD. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

well yeah ... that means nothing, though ... it pretty much only means that (some) gamepads will work (oh thank you, merciful KT!!) ... so ... you know

Can anyone please tell me why these companies wont consult someone like Durante for that? I mean Durante is betatesting for most Ghostlight published games and gives suggestions, right?

Mohasus

Can anyone please tell me why these companies wont consult someone like Durante for that? I mean Durante is betatesting for most Ghostlight published games and gives suggestions, right?

How would he help in this case?

"Oh guys, the soft engine is missing, and so are 2 stages".

Vazra

How would he help in this case?

"Oh guys, the soft engine is missing, and so are 2 stages".

Exactly. They could try patching some things later on but looking at the efforts with DW8 I wouldn't hold my breath.

WTF......WTF Does this even mean?!? I hope it's X-input support.
Some gamepads might work and some won't unless there is an issue with the google translation but I dont really think that is the case here.

Nevadatan

and yet they asked PC gamers to not mod the game into a nudity fest..
they are gonna mod it into oblivion now.

seriously , i dropped any expectation of buying it.

Nevadatan

Certain ones will work? Well lets hope 360 controller works because I can't imagine playing this without a controller.

Xbox 360 pad is pretty much the defacto controller on PC. if the game turns out to be incompatible with it would be a massive flaw, as i suspect keyboard and mouse support will be awful.

Vazra

Certain ones will work? Well lets hope 360 controller works because I can't imagine playing this without a controller.

I expect that one to work but with generic controllers some might not work I suppose. It is a weird wording if it were only to confirm controller support.

Xbox 360 pad is pretty much the defacto controller on PC. if the game turns out to be incompatible with it would be a massive flaw, as i suspect keyboard and mouse support will be awful.

I can imagine some broken keyboards out of it if that were the case.

Rigbaby

Neo Member

Wouldn't amount to a hill of beans in this instance given Team Ninja's Nintendo-esc approach to social media and community outreach.
What would be awesome is if we had a more visible point of contact, like what Capcom has done with Combofiend and the Street Fighter series.
If anything I see this one as more of a Dark Souls kind of situation in which the game will be:
-released and buggy
-publicly shamed for missing features/controller support
-unofficially fixed by a modder (less the online)
-officially patched with another round of apology DLC for the hassle
And I will still buy it kicking and screaming every step of the way

Wouldn't amount to a hill of beans in this instance given Team Ninja's Nintendo-esc approach to social media and community outreach.

I just wonder why the japanese publishers arent doing that? I mean if they dont have a clue how to appeal to the PC-crowd get help from outside.

I mean Platinum-Games translated some of Durantes articles to their japanese co-workers.
Durante did the beta-testing on some of Ghostlight-Games games.
And didnt he also check the VC Port before it was released?

RM8

Lots of games don't support all gamepads, guys. Honestly my biggest issue is the piss-poor optimization, how can it be a PS3 port yet have those insane system requirements? I can get over two stages and freaking boob physics, but I'm really going to be pissed off it it performs poorly on my PC :(

I thought the soft engine was related to the boob physics? I do care about that, so its disappointing that it wont be on PC. The 2 missing stages is the biggest blow though. I really dont understand why they were excluded. I was very much looking forward to that city stage. Missing particle effects is also annoying.
My plan was to buy the PC version (once the xbone/PS4 version was confirmed) and then RE-BUY all the good DLC I had on my 360.
Now instead, Im just gonna sit back, see what the modders can do, see how the online goes and then pick it up later if it seems worth it. Mods are the only real reason I can see to buy this on PC. I dont own an xbone or PS4 and Im not really interested in either of them.
If the PC sales are poor, I hope TN realize they have disappointed many people with this release and likely cost themselves many sales in the process.

lashman

That automatically rules it out?

well not automatically ... but vibration support would be a no-brainer if it was xinput ... it's not like they don't have that bit of code already made ... EVEN in the PS3 version ... so ... yeah

Vazra

I'm just here for the inevitable "mods". When those come out, I'll be purchasing.

There are mods for the PS3 or 360 versions if you know how to look for it on youtube (uncensored btw)

Im pretty sure the PC mods will come week 1 or 2.

DR2K

Banned
Soft engine(it's just titty physics) and particle effects (mostly suck) are nothing. Hopefully the new stages can be patched in, because that's the only signifigant missing content. I'd rather have AA and 4K. Mods are going to give pc users the ability to make a better game than even team ninja content wise.

Vazra

Soft engine(it's just titty physics) and particle effects (mostly suck) are nothing. Hopefully the new stages can be patched in, because that's the only signifigant missing content. I'd rather have AA and 4K. Mods are going to give pc users the ability to make a better game than even team ninja content wise.
Also if anything similar to DOA Online people could mod the gameplay a bit too.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The hair will be in. You didn't read the OP?

As for the one asking for particle effect comparison. Here
Thanks. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I wonder if they're going to botch the port and allow unlocked frame rates. I would pay good money for a 120fps AAA fighting game.

Fredrik

. Companies asking players not to mod their game are missing the point so hard. Embrace it.
Yup, I think of it almost like using Minecraft, it's a sandbox of possibilities and it's just dumb to force people to use a game in a certain way. Just look at games with Steam Workshop fully implemented, they always get a huge following and always end up far better and more fun to stick around with than those without, and the fan-made releases are often better than the official releases.
DOA might go into horny town a bit too fast though but with official modding capabilities they could just censor that stuff away just like they do on Skyrim and it won't be the first stuff you see when you check for new cool mods.

NEO0MJ

I can't believe that some people are excusing them for giving us such a terrible port and instead saying we should thank them.
I mean, if this was a Wii U port I'd understand missing features and effects but not on pc, especially since the game was delayed.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ah, yes, the classic PC port conundrum. Do we not buy it and have the corporate overlords look at the poor sales and say "Welp, guess we're not bothering with PC any longer," or do we buy it, thereby supporting their half-assed job at supporting the PC market?

Vazra

I can't believe that some people are excusing them for giving us such a terrible port and instead saying we should thank them.
I mean, if this was a Wii U port I'd understand missing features and effects but not on pc, especially since the game was delayed.

Ehhhh Im not saying to thank them but it's not as big of a deal as too many are making it to be.

Top Bottom