• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

It's true, the buggy is on the HK store. I purchased it, but it doesn't work with my UK version. Maybe we'll get it later today with the regular store update.

2015032511545654z8w.jpg

201503251155292llx2.jpg

20150325115552ljb6y.jpg

AMG

Neo Member
Haha, that's amazing! The only tiniest little thing was the one shot that had the HUD enabled. Other than that... it was perfect!
What did you do the lettering and stuff in?
Thanks to all for the positive comments! Yup, I saw the HUD after I finished the editing and since I did all this last night in bed with my wife trying to sleep I didn't want to risk taking more time fixing that 😄. I made the video using theiMovie app on the MacBook.

https://youtu.be/_fsLRj4fHfQ

So I got the #UniteInSpeed platinum at the weekend having previously completed all stars in the non-DLC tours (main game, ignition & photo finish) and had a few moments to gather my thoughts for the 52 games in a year thread. Try as I might to summarise them into a couple of paragraphs, I am really struggling, so I thought writing it out in full might help!

The Good

<snip>

The Indifferent

<snip>

The Bad

<snip>
My experiences with the game have been so varying it's really difficult for me to even conclusively say whether I actually like or dislike the game overall. To summarise why I feel either way in a single paragraph fairly is pretty much impossible. The best I can get to is that whilst the highs in Driveclub are superb there are just too many under-cooked elements that detract or distract from those high points and those elements make playing the game at any length a remarkably frustrating experience. Hopefully this is a solid foundation for a sequel.

"So close and yet, so far"/10.

While I do agree with many of your points Ted, for me the game is simply greater than the sum of it's parts. The fun and adrenaline kick it gives me has made this a game that I can forgive it's shortcomings and can't stop playing - and I have faith in Evo that they will endeavour to deliver what we request and continue to improve the game.

Some vids from my online exploits last night.

4 overtakes in 5 corners...

https://youtu.be/6qTGS-QeaOQ

Stunt car racer :)

https://youtu.be/f6hZkddvQEY

Flying & overtaking..

https://youtu.be/dqwEx5n4QXc

Duallusion

I've just had a look at the tour events checking out the time trial times needed, and they are all very easy times, I didn't see 1 time trial that will cause the average player more than a few goes. I was really hoping for a venom hot lap style lap with this dlc something that actually requires average people to spend time with, that gives them a sense of achievement when they get that final star. But looking at these it will be no issue for even people new to racers.

It's hard to judge but I think Twin Peaks will take "average" drivers, let alone racing first-timers more then just a few tries to get that final star.

kie25

It's hard to judge but I think Twin Peaks will take "average" drivers, let alone racing first-timers more then just a few tries to get that final star.
I disagree that event has already been beat by over 12 seconds that is hardly difficult, in talking about venom hot lap type events we need at least 1 event every dlc like that, these are just far to easy in my view.

VanWinkle

ARGH that Motorstorm buggy. All they need to do is add like four more vehicles and a new location to choose simply called Motorstorm, with six (?) off-road style tracks based on each of the game's main locations (a Japan off-road track, Canada track, Norway track, etc.). Add in a Motorstorm Series set of events, sell the whole pack for $7.99, and we will all rejoice.

I'm back from a long "vacation." Some things I learned: Do not ever go in religious threads, or Christmas threads, or Christmas threads mixed with religion. Just. Don't.

I think I have hit the ceiling on my driving abilities, but this game still has its hooks in me. Finally hit plat, completed 585/585 (yes, I know it's 675, so really I'm 633/675), and am at level 50, club level 40. I cannot stop playing...

I don't appreciate being a part of your troll video.

Hum , this set of events in multiplayer is kinda annoying .. people have a choice between time trials races that are not that popular despite their novelty and team race with the new cars ...when most people don't play as a team and people who enjoy team races ( like i do ) are stuck with a bunch of people that don't care.

Just ...add some normal races lobbies so that the morons that want to fight can fight by themselves.

If I log in with my Japanese account and grab the buggy from the store, can I use it in Driveclub ?

I doubt it, i tried downloading the HK version and that didn't work with my UK version.

Yikes.

Say, does any of you guys speak french?
There's this player named renault74, who i noticed is often at the top of the leaderboards on drift challenges. I was working up my way through the ranks on an Ariel Atom drift challenge on Tamil Nadu 02 and noticed what is happening often lately, the top scorer can pull 6000-7000 in one corner (in this case 6300 in the last one, which is fairly short), while no matter what i try, i can never get above 3000. So i have sent him a message, asking for advice on how to improve my score on that corner. Unfortunately it turned out that he doesn't speak English, after which i have used google translate to ask him in french. This is what he replied to me:

Faut commence t'on drift beaucoup plus tôt, lance le tout de suit après le premier virage à droite, avec beaucoup de vitesse.

I understand the part about starting the drift early and the bit about coming in with a lot of speed, but i don't quite get the middle part, thanks to google's spotty translation. I guess he is telling me how to approach the corner.

Looking at his ghost, he doesn't even drift at a steep angle, i'm at a loss at how you can pull numbers like that. I'm not even mad, like when people would just continue their drifts until they hit a barrier, i just want to understand how scoring works, so i can work on improving my technique. If anyone wants to check it out, he's holding the overall top spot on Tamil Nadu 02 with the Venom, as well as the Ariel Atom top spot (and probably more).

Edit:

Is the lvl cap set at 50 for both player and club?

Yes, they said a (player?) level increase is coming though.

I doubt it, i tried downloading the HK version and that didn't work with my UK version.

Yikes.

Say, does any of you guys speak french?
There's this player named renault74, who i noticed is often at the top of the leaderboards on drift challenges. I was working up my way through the ranks on an Ariel Atom drift challenge on Tamil Nadu 02 and noticed what is happening often lately, the top scorer can pull 6000-7000 in one corner (in this case 6300 in the last one, which is fairly short), while no matter what i try, i can never get above 3000. So i have sent him a message, asking for advice on how to improve my score on that corner. Unfortunately it turned out that he doesn't speak English, after which i have used google translate to ask him in french. This is what he replied to me:

I understand the part about starting the drift early and the bit about coming in with a lot of speed, but i don't quite get the middle part, thanks to google's spotty translation. I guess he is telling me how to approach the corner.

Looking at his ghost, he doesn't even drift at a steep angle, i'm at a loss at how you can pull numbers like that. I'm not even mad like when people would just continue their drifts until they would hit a barrier, i just want to understand how scoring works, so i can work on improving my technique.

I'm french .

the sentence is :

"Faut commence t'on drift beaucoup plus tôt, lance le tout de suit après le premier virage à droite, avec beaucoup de vitesse."

"You need to start drifting much earlier, right after the first corner get momentum with a lot of speed"

I'm french .

the sentence is :

"Faut commence t'on drift beaucoup plus tôt, lance le tout de suit après le premier virage à droite, avec beaucoup de vitesse."

"You need to start drifting much earlier, right after the first corner get momentum with a lot of speed"

Well with the latest drift changes its all about speed now, angle of the drift doesn't really seem to matter all that much, as long as you can take it really fast.

You must start drifting much earlier, immediately after passing the first right corner, with a lot of speed.

Damn, beaten by R_thanatos.

OK, thanks guys. Sounds easy enough, haha. I still don't get it, it's not like i don't try to come in with as much speed as possible and start the drift early, but going from 3000 to 6300 is quite a difference. :D

I did have the same problem on the Pacific Drift Lotus challenge in the Pacesetter tour last night though. I was in a close 2nd place, but just couldn't beat the number one guy. I would match or beat him in all but one corner, which was the very first one. I would try to do nice clean drifts, but couldn't get over 2000, while he hit the barrier hard and got 3000. Somehow after countless tries i managed to hit it just right and got around 2500, while also hitting the barrier (i also got 2700 once, but messed up the rest of the run) and went on to take the number one spot worldwide. Of course it wasn't meant to last long, but it was still a proud moment, hehe.

Anyway, i just want to understand how this works, so i can pull it off more consistently.

garbagejuicer

Neo Member
A quick question for you guys- I just picked up DC yesterday and I'm enjoying it but the audio seems off to me. I don't get any audible indication of cars behind me from any of my back speakers. I do hear it when they crash in to me however. Is there a setting I missed or is this just how it is?

GuessWho

So I got this game last week and really thought I was going to dislike but I'm actually really enjoying it!! Once you got the hyper cars you really understand the beauty of this game. Totally satisfied with my purchase. Great job!

Bought this a few days ago at Gamestop. I was never a racing fan but I wanted to try and there's something about this game that makes me want to keep learning and keep playing.

I can't drift at all, lol, but i'll be working on that.

Pretty damn fun game. Maybe one of these days i'll start/join a club. Just don't expect any amazing runs by me, haha.

nib95

Banned
Bought this a few days ago at Gamestop. I was never a racing fan but I wanted to try and there's something about this game that makes me want to keep learning and keep playing.

I can't drift at all, lol, but i'll be working on that.

Pretty damn fun game. Maybe one of these days i'll start/join a club. Just don't expect any amazing runs by me, haha.

Join a club straight away. You don't have to be good, at all. You'll benefit the club by getting experience, on top of which you'll have more club cars unlocked yourself. The Golf GTI, BAC Mono and Zonda R are all awesome cars that are unlocked by club level.

I'm back from a long "vacation." Some things I learned: Do not ever go in religious threads, or Christmas threads, or Christmas threads mixed with religion. Just. Don't.

I think I have hit the ceiling on my driving abilities, but this game still has its hooks in me. Finally hit plat, completed 585/585 (yes, I know it's 675, so really I'm 633/675), and am at level 50, club level 40. I cannot stop playing...

I don't appreciate being a part of your troll video.

Hehe welcome back bud :) Notice how I didn't post any where you beat me... ;-)

NeoRausch

Just a heads up to people that need to level up fast:

From now on to the end of the weekend you get to double the famous points in selected races with the Mercedes AMG in the online mode.

They are marked in gold. Go for it!

Last night, I moved from the Lambo tour straight to the Mini Cooper tour event, and the difference in volume was drastic.
To be fair, you'd notice the same in the street, too.

I don't think they're that great :p Veneno is not competitive enough from what I've tried of it. Though far better than that Onyx junk.

nib95

Banned
To be fair, you'd notice the same in the street, too.

I don't think they're that great :p Veneno is not competitive enough from what I've tried of it. Though far better than that Onyx junk.

Really? I managed a better lap time on Goshodaira with the Veneno than I did with the P1 or Zonda R. Naturally the One:1 will still handily top it.

Top Bottom