• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Modern Warfare 2 Footage on TV today

Kibbles

Buckethead said:
Gunship? I don't remember that part? Anyone want to remind me?
cod4_2.jpg

Buckethead said:
Gunship? I don't remember that part? Anyone want to remind me?

When you're the TV operator guy, raining death upon the terrorists like the hand of God.

Disgusting .... maybe. But at least I sorta kinda thought about what I was doing for a fleeting moment in a game. The railgun sequence in COD5 was your standard rah rah we're fucking heroes stuff, which was fine and all. Just sayin that TV bit was different.

stuburns said:
Really? It's from the sky, and it looks like something you'd see on CNN.
Odrion said:
it had this weird night vison view and it was all cold and distant
PedroLumpy said:
When you're the TV operator guy, raining death upon the terrorists like the hand of God.

Ohhhhh yeahhhh thanks. That was terribly boring. "Boom goes the dynamite".

It's hard thinking about anything else besides Mile High Club as well as the ferris wheel part on Veteran. Shiiiiittttt.

Odrion

Banned
PedroLumpy said:

Disgusting .... maybe. But at least I sorta kinda thought about what I was doing for a fleeting moment in a game. The railgun sequence in COD5 was your standard rah rah we're fucking heroes stuff, which was fine and all. Just sayin that TV bit was different.
It IS a tad disturbing, but that was the intention and by all means we should applaud Infinity Ward for being able to execute that sort of emotional response.

It's amazing that it can disgust you.

Odrion

Banned
This year.

I like the snow, it's a change of scenery, but I hope to expands into other more colorful places.

TEH-CJ

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
??

It's always looked like it came straight out of 2005.

True LOL.

to be fair cod4 had moments where it looked pretty nice. but yea I think they need a new engine.

Odrion said:
It IS a tad disturbing, but that was the intention and by all means we should applaud Infinity Ward for being able to execute that sort of emotional response.

It's amazing that it can disgust you.

I don't see much reason to congratulate IW for its ability to carbon copy real footage.

TEH-CJ said:
True LOL.

to be fair cod4 had moments where it looked pretty nice
. but yea I think they need a new engine.
CoD4 and any sort of positive comment don't belong in the same sentence, least of all when talking about visuals.
Rapping Granny said:
No it didn't, at least it doesn't looks as bad as that dogshit MAG.
Yes, yes it did.

But hey MAG looks pretty fucking bad too.

Kibbles

MickeyKnox said:
??

It's always looked like it came straight out of 2005.
Most of CoD4 looked fantastic. May I point you to the opening mission when you drop down on the boat, the first cherynobol mission, the nuclear showdown towards the end, the nuke, after the nuke, The Bog (omg night vision was awesome here), etc.

soultron

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
CoD4 and any sort of positive comment don't belong in the same sentence, least of all when talking about visuals.
I'm not wanting to get into an argument, but really, "what the fuck?"

Kibbles said:
Most of CoD4 looked fantastic. May I point you to the opening mission when you drop down on the boat, the first cherynobol mission, the nuclear showdown towards the end, the nuke, after the nuke, The Bog, etc.

The Chernobyl mission was to vegetation as COD2 was to snow.

Raxus

MickeyKnox said:

Yes, yes it did.

But hey MAG looks pretty fucking bad too.
Did I just miss a huge CoD hate bus?

CoD is fun. OH NO IT IS IN THE SAME SENTENCE.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kibbles said:
Most of CoD4 looked fantastic. May I point you to the opening mission when you drop down on the boat, the first cherynobol mission, the nuclear showdown towards the end, the nuke, after the nuke, The Bog (omg night vision was awesome here), etc.
Are you really impressed by things like the nuke?

Raxus said:
Did I just miss a huge CoD hate bus?

CoD is fun. OH NO IT IS IN THE SAME SENTENCE.
I have no issues with someone finding the MP fun, but every last aspect of the single player was off the charts terrible.

EazyB

Banned
I thought CoD4 looked pretty awesome when it came out and it still holds up very well. Can only think of a handful of FPS games that look and run better.

IW always delivers a kick ass SP experience so I'm pretty pumped about this one. A lot of things about the MP turned me off though, so I hope they tweak it to my liking. There's not a whole lot on the horizon as far as MP FPS games so I'm counting on this to deliver.

Odrion said:
reminder that COD4 looked good and was also SILKY SILKY SMOOTH

This is a joke, right? There were serious sacrifices made to keep the framerate close enough to 60 to keep people claiming that it was buttery smooth. With the way the game looks, it had better run at a perfect, consistent clip.

DoomGyver

I loved COD4, some of the single player was boring but I still enjoyed it. spawning enemies and poor AI aside.

As long as it's 60fps (which it will be) DAY 1

soultron

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
I have no issues with someone finding the MP fun, but every last aspect of the single player was off the charts terrible.
I'm a big COD4 MP person, but the SP wasn't that terrible. The AI was terrible, sure, but anyone playing Veteran is just a masochist for monster closets and 'nade spam. Encapsulating the entire SP experience as "off the charts terrible" seems extreme.

FFS, just play the game on Normal and it's a great experience. Some of the set pieces in the game should've pleased even you, Mickey.

MickeyKnox said:

What? you need to get your eyes checked.

FPSs that COD4 looks better than:
Halo3
Fear2
BadCompany
Resistance 2
Left4Dead ( yes, other than the character models, this game is pretty ugly)

soultron

Banned
Just signing in before the COD4 Defence Force is called "closet casuals."

It's mind blowing that people can hate on COD4 for issues other than the AI, monster closets and grenade spam. I'm still WTF'ing now.

soultron said:
I'm a big COD4 MP person, but the SP wasn't that terrible. The AI was terrible, sure, but anyone playing Veteran is just a masochist for monster closets and 'nade spam. Encapsulating the entire SP experience as "off the charts terrible" seems extreme.

FFS, just play the game on Normal and it's a great experience. Some of the set pieces in the game should've pleased even you, Mickey.
It was the same game I played back in 2002, then again in '03 and again in '04 and again in '05.

There is no redeeming aspect to the design of that game's single player, hell for as "good" as the MP was it still wasn't nearly as good as United Offensive which I maintain is the peak of the CoD franchise.

Clinton514

Rapping Granny said:
What? you need to g t your eyes checked.

Fear2

Disagree there.

Rapping Granny said:
What? you need to get your eyes checked.

Halo3
Fear2
BadCompany
Resistance 2
cosign, at least for the console versions.

Top Bottom