• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Modern Warfare 2 Footage on TV today

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Y2Kev said:
I can't believe they are really dropping the CoD name.

they're trying to trick you into thinking they're not making the same game they were before the brand even existed.

womfalcs3

Banned
The GameInformer representative on the Bonus Round really hyped me for this game. Saying Infinity Ward went 100 extra miles in this game.

Can't wait.

Did anyone else watch the Bonus Round thing?
McNemara was hyping the sheezie out of it and said that Infinity Ward was going the extra 100 miles or some hyperbolic shizzle like that.

Edit: beaten by the gamecock.

Hixx

My PC froze for a bit and caught up when one of the divers was swimming, totally thought I was watching the MGS opening scene.

Looks cool though, setting not what I expected but has me interested!

ArjanN

Buckethead said:
Did anyone else watch the Bonus Round thing?
McNemara was hyping the sheezie out of it and said that Infinity Ward was going the extra 100 miles or some hyperbolic shizzle like that.

Edit: beaten by the gamecock.

Then again hyping stuff is pretty much his job. Trailer looks good, but I don't really see anything new yet.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pretty sure you get to use the snowmobile, why else have it?

unomas

Banned
It sounds like the game is going to be insane! If they really have gone above and beyond I'll be amazed, COD 4 was an amazing experience and anything above that has to be GOTY candidate at the very least. Anything involving snowmobiles or snow levels would be very cool and welcomed in multiplayer as well. So if I get a 7 kill streak can I call in a polar bear attack?

Ether_Snake said:
Pretty sure you get to use the snowmobile, why else have it?

Uh, to serve as a vehicle? I'm sure someone else is controlling it, no way IW is going to actually let you control something. Or maybe you have to follow a really narrow path to avoid those tricky modern warfare snow-mines.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't see why controlling a snowmobile is all that different from driving a tank...you get to do that in CoD2 and 5.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
AltogetherAndrews said:
Uh, to serve as a vehicle? I'm sure someone else is controlling it, no way IW is going to actually let you control something. Or maybe you have to follow a really narrow path to avoid those tricky modern warfare snow-mines.
Modern Warfare! Its radiation!

Y2Kev said:
I don't see why controlling a snowmobile is all that different from driving a tank...you get to do that in CoD2 and 5.

They completely ditched that for COD4, though. Additionally, judging from the look of the environment there might be a risk in players trying to go past the 20ft path with their snowmobiles, so yeah... I'll believe it when I see it.

Odrion

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
what if this is open like that one snow level in NOLF2?

pffftt yeah it's going to be a rail fight

Top Bottom