• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle screenshots

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The gifs I made are being used on the OT already. :lol Says a lot about the level of awesome of the scenes in this trailer.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As noted by G0Nintendo, this image appears at the end of the Japanese version of the trailer;

2s6oc53.jpg

Please note the mention of MotionPlus.

Fuu

wtf @ use of motion+. They'll have to rework the gameplay a lot for that to be relevant and not gimmicky. Motion+ adds nothing to the normal NMH gameplay.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It might just be standard Nintendo copywrite information that whoever put the trailer together just copy/pasted from whatever official crap they had.

Or it could be confirmation of MotionPlus :D.

Nicktals

Banned
Fuu said:
wtf @ use of motion+. They'll have to rework the gameplay a lot for that to be relevant and not gimmicky. Motion+ adds nothing to the normal NMH gameplay.

Or they could just use it to make it matter which way you moved the Wii Remote for the finishing blows. If I'm remembering correctly, it only mattered if you moved vertically or horizontally. So if you were prompted to swing up for a finisher, you could swing down and it'd still work.

Just lay M+ over the existing controls, and maybe tweak the follow through of attacks or something...

MoogPaul

Fuu said:

unless they just use it to make the finishers more picky. in the first game all you had to do was wave your hands around in any direction. Then you wouldn't need it to play the game, but using it would make it a little harder? I don't know, I'm just throwing shit out there.

Edit: Beaten :-(

Fuu

Yeah, that would classify as a not relevant implementation imo. We'll have to wait for gameplay details, hopefully at E3.

MoogPaul said:
unless they just use it to make the finishers more picky. in the first game all you had to do was wave your hands around in any direction. Then you wouldn't need it to play the game, but using it would make it a little harder? I don't know, I'm just throwing shit out there.

Edit: Beaten :-(

Ehh, I remember actually having to move in the direction indicated or else it wouldn't perform the finisher...

Scrubking

EatChildren said:
As noted by G0Nintendo, this image appears at the end of the Japanese version of the trailer;

2s6oc53.jpg

Please note the mention of MotionPlus.

Motion Plus + NMH =
dz801s.gif

WTF? Before it didn't matter if you swung up or down on the finishers and wrestling moves, but now with motion plus it matters. M+ does't mean that everything in the game has to be mapped to 1:1 or completely reworked. It's a tool that helps you make your game better not something that dictates what kind of game you make.

JudgeN

Visualante said:
Hopefully this entry in the series is actually good. It's the most confusing 9s Edge ever gave out.

I agree, the game was fun but it had alot of flaws that need fixing. Hopefully they can pull it off but not getting my hopes up.

Fuu

Scrubking said:
WTF? Before it didn't matter if you swung up or down on the finishers and wrestling moves, but now with motion plus it matters. M+ does't mean that everything in the game has to be mapped to 1:1 or completely reworked. It's a tool that helps you make your game better not something that dictates what kind of game you make.
The direction did matter but it was a conscious decision in the development process to have a less rigid window of movements so people wouldn't get frustrated at the lack of response of the normal remote capabilities.

And it worked pretty well in the end. It was satisfying.

Really, I'm not against the use of motion+ and I understand what you guys are saying. I just think it's unnecessary in this particular instance.

markatisu

Fuu said:
The direction did matter but it was a conscious decision in the development process to have a less rigid window of movements so people wouldn't get frustrated at the lack of response of the normal remote capabilities.

Really, I'm not against the use of motion+ and I understand what you guys are saying. I just think it's unnecessary in this particular instance.

I think this game is one of those rare instances where M+ would make it better but if you do not have it the game will play fine as it did before.

Vinci

Danish
Okay, need a new avatar. Anyone mind grabbing the start of the trailer with a close-up of Travis as he walks? Thanks to any kind soul willing to do this.

Fuu

Vinci said:
Okay, need a new avatar. Anyone mind grabbing the start of the trailer with a close-up of Travis as he walks? Thanks to any kind soul willing to do this.
This one?

erhd82.gif

Haunted

God, I love the art, good job Gramr.

Fuu said:

Could just be used for increased accuracy, so they don't have to give that much leeway with the motions and it still doesn't get frustrating.

Hell yeah at WM+, Suda mentioned it in one of his interviews, hope for torquing the ehgine of the motorcycle and and new minigames.

I notice that Travis has something like a "holster" on his belt now. During the trailer, I think I saw several beam katanas dangling off it at one point. Maybe now we can change sword types in the middle of the game (and it actually makes a difference)?

Fuu

EmCeeGramr said:
Yusuke Kozaki's artwork is so good. Fits the game so perfectly. If it wasn't for his work, Takada's and Fukuda's, NMH would lose a great deal of its charm.

EmCeeGramr said:
I notice that Travis has something like a "holster" on his belt now. During the trailer, I think I saw several beam katanas dangling off it at one point. Maybe now we can change sword types in the middle of the game (and it actually makes a difference)?
2pph1yc.jpg

You're right, I didn't notice it before. Awesome if we can change katanas during the stages.

markatisu said:
I think this game is one of those rare instances where M+ would make it better but if you do not have it the game will play fine as it did before.
Haunted said:
Could just be used for increased accuracy, so they don't have to give that much leeway with the motions and it still doesn't get frustrating.
Yeah, as I said above I'm not against it. If it does in fact make the gameplay better I'm all for it.

I just don't think such tuning would necessarily make it "better". It would essentially be the same thing, you would still be shaking the remote to where the arrow is pointing in the same way and you would still not miss many of them since M+ would give you more accuracy which would compensate for the smaller window. To me, the actual fun in the finishing moves (besides the visceral feeling) was trying to move the remote again at that exact moment which would unleash a more powerful finisher that had a stronger effect with more coins and blood.

If they do end up using M+ the way you guys are proposing I won't bitch or anything, it just won't make a difference to me (unless it does become better and they get really creative with the finishes or something but I can't be sure for now).

In the end I don't disagree with you. I want better gameplay. I'm just saying that, regarding the finishes, I would play in the same with or without M+. I Hope we can get more info on how/if they're using the add-on soon.

(This got bigger than I planned)

Monocle

Great trailer! :lol

NMH2 looks to be everything I'd want from a NMH sequel. If only its release date weren't so far off...

CTLance

Aw fuck this.

I spent six hours yesterday (Friday!) evening to play NMH1, ditching my friends like a social recluse. I even started a new game, because I had forgotten all of the controls and much of the story. Travis is now ranked #9 right now, and he's utterly broke because I'm going OCD over all the clothes and accessories and whatnot. AGAIN.

ARGH.

So fun...

Ramenman

I hope they don't fuck up the gameplay with Motion+.

Could just be to add more stances, maybe right and left in addition to high and low or something.

Or just make the detection better. Not sure it's really needed though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't play much of the first game, but I watched a whole lot of it as a friend played, and it looked intriguing if nothing else.

I've never played a Suda game before (I want to, don't get me wrong, Killer 7 and NMH are two games I really have to track down), but I know enough about the sort of games he makes to be at the very least interested in anything he leaves his fingerprints on.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I could be wrong, but Motion+ is a motion sensing device itself and won't affect the nunchuk right?

I could see Motion+ helping the accuracy of wrestling move gestures, but not if it doesn't help nunchuk accuracy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
CTLance said:
Aw fuck this.

I spent six hours yesterday (Friday!) evening to play NMH1, ditching my friends like a social recluse. I even started a new game, because I had forgotten all of the controls and much of the story. Travis is now ranked #9 right now, and he's utterly broke because I'm going OCD over all the clothes and accessories and whatnot. AGAIN.

ARGH.

So fun...
But you don't get the best costume till the very end.
Gorgeous pink. :3

D-X

Ok let me start off by saying that this is the only game that I have watched the trailer of over and over again for about 10 years - simply put this is one of the only things keeping me interested in gaming.

Anyway here's my predictions on NMHDS storyline (as much as you can ever predict where Suda is involved)

I don't know why I've spoilered these because they're pure speculation and feel free to come back in 2010 to laugh at me

First up the voice at the beginning of the trailer: clearly it's Travis' voice actor (who didn't voice anyone else in the first game, why would he in the 2nd) which leads me to believe that he might go a bit schizophrenic during the game

Why would he go schizo? Because whatever agency (or whoever) is going around killing his friends and it's because of his actions in the first game "Travis, you are the loser, this is the ultimate vengeance".

Or perhaps he's haunted by the people he's killed - one scene is set in a graveyard and we already know that the VA behind Destroyman has recorded new lines.

One of the scenes with the girl in pigtails - this is clearly a flash back (it has a sepia filter) and you never see Travis, only his hand on the tree, so he could be younger in this scene. Later she says "don't get me preggers" so it wouldn't surprise me if Travis went and did just that and has a child who the agency/boss relatives (or whoever) try to kill - hence Desperate Struggle.

The whole game is a Desperate Struggle to kill the relatives of the first game's bosses before they kill Travis' friends/child "This isn't a battle. This is a motherfucking war"

Sylvia would come back because she has knowledge of the boss' relatives I guess

Anyway it would explain why Travis looks so pissed now

Also on the blood issue the footage clearly comes from the Japanese version but the blood filter overlay indicates that the US will again get a bloodier version but they hadn't added the effect to the build from the trailer just yet

Dascu

Interesting theory, D-X, however, this one point:
D-X said:
One of the scenes with the girl in pigtails - this is clearly a flash back (it has a sepia filter) and you never see Travis, only his hand on the tree, so he could be younger in this scene. Later she says "don't get me preggers" so it wouldn't surprise me if Travis went and did just that and has a child who the agency/boss relatives (or whoever) try to kill - hence Desperate Struggle.

This doesn't look like a flashback. The Famitsu scans show part of this scene (in a box titled "Next Assassin!?"), and they clearly show Travis talking with the girl and sitting next to her. It's also the "current day" Travis, considering how he's wearing his updated jacket and the belt/holster carrying multiple beam katanas.

Maybe with all of the new shit this game brings, we can finally change his sneakers as well as the rest of his wardrobe.

Sometimes you'd make an ill outfit, only to have Travis looking like a nub in cutscenes when you see him wearing the same old miles prower puma knockoffs.

viewtiful_dru said:
Maybe with all of the new shit this game brings, we can finally change his sneakers as well as the rest of his wardrobe.

Sometimes you'd make an ill outfit, only to have Travis looking like a nub in cutscenes when you see him wearing the same old miles prower puma knockoffs.

:lol I thought I was the only one that thought this when playing the game

viewtiful_dru said:

Maybe you can give hims some bling too.
:p

Sadist

Fuu said:
This one?

erhd82.gif
OMG.

I know you made it for Vinci, but I would love to have it.

It looks just awesome :D It if could be possible of course. If not, I'll change back to my old avatar. ;)

JDSN

Banned
viewtiful_dru said:

Maybe they'll include some dopey-ass sandals.

Kevtones

God I hope they bring back the clothing hunts and the ability to customize what you wear in the sequel, it was the unsung feature of the first game. So much good stuff to wear.

I Push Fat Kids said:
God I hope they bring back the clothing hunts and the ability to customize what you wear in the sequel, it was the unsung feature of the first game. So much good stuff to wear.

I think in Famitsu they said something about you being able to design your own clothes.

Dascu

GDGF said:
Woah, really?

That's pretty great.
You may have misunderstood. You can send your own T-shirt designs to Grasshopper Manufacture and they might put it in the game.

Someone should send them a design for a NeoGAF T-shirt.

Kevtones

Dascu said:
You may have misunderstood. You can send your own T-shirt designs to Grasshopper Manufacture and they might put it in the game.

Oh fuck, awesome.

Dascu said:

Ah, that's what it was.

Top Bottom