• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Cover Art Revealed

DOWN

Banned
Looks like an ad for a Halo web series. I think Halo 4 had a far stronger cover.

c5ae571038040e99528d82877dd646a0.jpg

I have very little love left for Halo after the last year or so and while I may not be terribly interested in what 343 is doing with the multiplayer in 5, I will admit it is hard for me to not get excited and intrigued by all of the stuff that is going on in this poster. I am genuinely looking forward to seeing the campaign demo at E3 and learning more, so mission accomplished by that poster.

The Halo 5 Guardians Animated Poster is the official cover art for “Halo 5: Guardians” animated to highlight the Master Chief pitted against Spartan Locke and the Spartan fireteams that play a crucial role in the showdown between the Master Chief and Spartan Locke.
I'm hyperventilating.

danwarb

The story seems a bit Eastenders so far. I hope there's more to it. Like more Forerunner and Flood elaborations.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Not rival. The Chief (main character) is, for whatever reason, being painted as a traitor. We don't know why yet, but it seems like he might have gone AWOL. Locke, dude on the right, is tasked to hunt him down.

interesting story ill make sure to check it out on youtube

hawk2025

I still am completely not feeling this manufactured rivalry kinda stuff. His being on the cover (reverse side?) seems just as forced.

I think it is just so out of place in the halo game series and with the MC as a "character". Also.. I just don't care about that duder locke.

The problem (for me, at least) is that Nightfall completely failed at establishing Locke as a relevant character.

Perhaps the game itself will do it, but I agree that I feel like an outsider looking in and wondering just how much I should care about hunting the truth or the stakes of their face-off at this point.

We'll see how it goes!

shandy706

I think I felt a tinge of hype....like in the back somewhere.

Heheh

I am looking forward to Halo 5 and I'm liking the artwork/look of the game so far.

I saving my hype/excitement for all things E3 now though.

I've allowed a little for TW3, but I wasn't a massive fan of 1 and 2...so I'm staying guarded there too.

Looking forward to a gameplay reveal of H5.

Glass

Love that its not just Locke vs Chief, but two whole teams going up against one another. Potentially at least.

Beth Cyra

I generally don't like Halo, but I do like that art.

Still though I can't bring myself to pre order the game. As it stands I actually like the look of Locke, but given the massive MC Love I can't believe they wont do something to make Chief look better and that crushes me.

Still I am very much interested in hearing how people receive the game.

Faith

Who are these teams? Is there any backstory I could read up?

Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike, Cryptum <- I've read these.

Who are these teams? Is there any backstory I could read up?

Team on the left is Blue Team, (what's left of) the squad John (Master Chief) lead through training. Origin is in the book Fall of Reach, but they'll probably do some introductory stuff in the coming weeks.

Locke's crew is an unknown. Best guess is Macer (from Nightfall, a short web series), Buck (from ODST), and either Romeo (same) or Tanaka (from the comics, whose intro I haven't yet read). Mostly guesswork, tho.

what is that giant thing in the middle of the poster...

is that, an alien? similar look to that final boss in dmc 4 that giant statue thing?

what is that?

AP90

Yep.. Day one digital for sure. I think the cover is different and interesting indeed. And if chief teams up with some of his missing teammates that shit is going to be gold (will have to do some book/lore skimming to sort this out...excellent)

Also cant wait to get me some more of that kickass halo soundtrack music. Especially since they always seem to nail it for every final mission for each game.

The latest game to give me that awesome feeling that is not halo is Ori and the Blind Forest =D.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love that art in poster form, but I'm not feeling the cover so much.

Faith

You mean red team? Cause blue team was in those books.
Damn it I'm getting old. I can't remember quite a lot. Is it the same team that was trapped with the chief on Reach (where they found the planet-destroying weapon) and got into a covenant ship in First Strike?

Top Bottom