• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Cover Art Revealed

They've already had nearly two and a half hours to establish this character.

He's not new.

If Nightfall ties in with 5 as much as Forward Unto Dawn did with 4 (not at all), then Locke is essentially a brand new character in game. I haven't gotten to see Nightfall yet though so I can't give an educated opinion on the guy.

BossLackey

Gold Member
It's funny how much I was obsessed with Halo. Probably to an annoying degree to those around me. Now I don't even click on news or gameplay links anymore. What happened?

what book?

I'm assuming he / she is being sarcastic because you needed a book to know who the Didact was (even though it did well enough explaining it in the game - but that's a conversation for a different thread).

Yeah, I was just joking.

I never really understood the whole issue with the Didact. Can't remember much about him, but I never felt the need pick up the novels to understand anything.

EGM1966

Looks damn generic to me. Never really been a fan of antagonists staring at each other. Prefer the style of say Halo 4 cover art.

Yeah, I was just joking.

I never really understood the whole issue with the Didact. Can't remember much about him, but I never felt the need pick up the novels to understand anything.

I'm assuming he / she is being sarcastic because you needed a book to know who the Didact was (even though it did well enough explaining it in the game - but that's a conversation for a different thread).

oh no I know about the Didact debacle I just thought that another book released and I had more to add to my reading backlog but still thanks for helping me out.

halo5_keyart_vert_final.jpg

It's a vase.

I liked this much more as a cover:

Jobbs

Banned
Not bad, but you'd think people who make cover art should have a little more self awareness about the blue orange stuff by now.

I actually think it looks pretty great overall, but I still think the pre-order bonus poster would've made for a really nice box art.

09kBloVl.jpg

This is great. Would be far better as cover art, IMO!

oh no I know about the Didact debacle I just thought that another book released and I had more to add to my reading backlog but still thanks for helping me out.

Sorry for the confusion! I actually haven't read the novels since...Harvest maybe.

Also, now that it's sunk in:

Blueteam.jpg

HELL YEAH

I reckon the final boxart will be something like this:
JUU8fv9.jpg

Mainly because I think they'll move the logo to the top in favour of the dev logos on the bottom obviously, ridding of the black space on the bottom.

So do we think Locke is an eventual replacement for chief?

I guess I'm just confused what the ultimate goal for him is. If they aren't going to kill Chief then I guess the plan is for future campaigns to always be split like this?

Cause I don't see Locke dying considering how much they are pushing him.

Stop trying to make Locke happen
HE'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN

This.

I'm totally, 100% hyped for the game, but I am at 0% for Locke.

I guess I'm just confused what the ultimate goal for him is. If they aren't going to kill Chief then I guess the plan is for future campaigns to always be split like this?

If Chief dies, which I don't see them doing, then I'm done with Halo.

Compsiox

Banned

Killing Chief would be a bad idea financially and lore wise.

glaurung

Don't care much for the cover art, looks too dark around the edges. Halo 4 cover was better.

Then again, I'll be getting the limited edition - whatever that will end up looking like.

This.

If Chief dies then I'm done with Halo.

Killing Chief would be a bad idea financially and lore wise.

I agree with both of you. I'm just kind of curious what the end game is with Locke. No way they kill him in Halo 5 considering the big push, and killing Chief would piss million of fans off.

So do they plan on having future campaigns split like Halo 5 in terms of who you play as? Or maybe do side games that are "Locke" games and main ones are "Chief" games?

oooh nice cover, i always like covers where it looks like a face off. its like, you know how the game will end, with these two finally coming face to face.

The focus on Locke is really crazy. His stupid armour aside, why do they think this unknown dude deserves to get equal billing with chief. If there was a spin off game with him in it before Halo 5 comes out, it'd make sense but it just looks like they're trying to push this random dude.

Top Bottom