• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Cover Art Revealed

I suppose the dumb thing in the background with the floaty bits means that the promeatheans are returning. Great...

Even if they make it so that the promeatheans are more than just bullet sponges, they are some of the most uninspired looking characters in gaming.

I thought I hated the flood, until Halo 5 was made and had these completely uninteresting creatures. The promeatheans make me miss the good ol' days when all we had to bitch about were the shitty flood levels.

To top it off, the promeatheans look almost exactly like one of the equally shitty Destiny enemies. I think they were called the Fallen or some shit... I can't remember because it's been months since I've touched that game. The people that still play it are all involved in some gambling addiction study, right?

Dawwww

iVP8mjh1701iE.gif

/dead

etta

my hard graphic balls
Holy shit, this looks really goddamn great, from an art perspective. For colors, I guess they gotta shove in that orange and blue, eh.

AP90

Team on the left is Blue Team, (what's left of) the squad John (Master Chief) lead through training. Origin is in the book Fall of Reach, but they'll probably do some introductory stuff in the coming weeks.

Locke's crew is an unknown. Best guess is Macer (from Nightfall, a short web series), Buck (from ODST), and either Romeo (same) or Tanaka (from the comics, whose intro I haven't yet read). Mostly guesswork, tho.

I will need to re check ghost of onyx ending, parts of first strike to see who's left.. For some reason, I want to say Fred, Linda and that one dude who trained the Spartans 2s or 3s with more animalistic instincts to help increase there survivability in combat...

Reminds me of WrestleMania 28's poster, even down to the blue on the left, orange on the right colors.

Chief is the Rock?

I approve.

Though I've heard bad things about lolCenawins from WrassleGAF.

I will need to re check ghost of onyx ending, parts of first strike to see who's left.. For some reason, I want to say Fred, Linda and that one dude who trained the Spartans 2s or 3s with more animalistic instincts to help increase there survivability in combat...

Fred, Linda, and Kelly are still around (and on the poster). Kurt's dead, James is probably dead, Sam is definitely dead. Most of the others as well.

Virdix

Im trying really hard not to get hyped like i let myself do with Halo 4. Really not liking the emphasis on Locke and John being equals with the cover art and those "different sides of the story" ads. Mostly because i dont care about locke as a character.

AP90

Im trying really hard not to get hyped like i let myself do with Halo 4. Really not like the emphasis on Locke and John being equals with the cover art and those "different sides of the story" ads. Mostly because i dont care about locke as a character.

Only if nightfall was of better quality, maybe people would have cared more.. I mean forward unto dawn far better at re-linking char and with cinematics (felt less forced)

Plasma

Banned
Team on the left is Blue Team, (what's left of) the squad John (Master Chief) lead through training. Origin is in the book Fall of Reach, but they'll probably do some introductory stuff in the coming weeks.

Oh wow they're actually bringing back the original Spartans from the books that weren't killed off? That's pretty cool, I remember reading Fall of Reach and First Strike and being disappointed that they never ended up in any of the games.

AP90

Chief is the Rock?

I approve.

Though I've heard bad things about lolCenawins from WrassleGAF.

Fred, Linda, and Kelly are still around (and on the poster). Kurt's dead, James is probably dead, Sam is definitely dead. Most of the others as well.

Yeah, if chief has Fred linda and Kelly combo = win. I thought Kelly was badly wounded from plasma burns and in cryo? I remember Halsey taking one of them with her in first strike.

Vidpixel

I actually think it looks pretty great overall, but I still think the pre-order bonus poster would've made for a really nice box art.

09kBloVl.jpg

Looking pretty great.

However people talking shit about Locke should be happy that 343 is at least trying something different. It's that same mentality that relegated the Arbiter to a measly player 2 option in Halo 3 (which I'll never forgive Bungie for). It'd be easy to exploit nostalgia and make every game Master Chief shooting covenant, but they're trying to do something different with the story. Obviously you won't have the emotional attachment that you do with Chief, but that's kinda how new characters work.

Vire

So I think it's pretty cool that Blue team are finally making their way into the games but I wonder how they are going to introduce them for non-book readers. Chief already has an extensive history with this crew... so that seems like a fairly significant challenge from a storytelling perspective.

I suppose the dumb thing in the background with the floaty bits means that the promeatheans are returning. Great...

Even if they make it so that the promeatheans are more than just bullet sponges, they are some of the most uninspired looking characters in gaming.

I thought I hated the flood, until Halo 5 was made and had these completely uninteresting creatures. The promeatheans make me miss the good ol' days when all we had to bitch about were the shitty flood levels.

To top it off, the promeatheans look almost exactly like one of the equally shitty Destiny enemies. I think they were called the Fallen or some shit... I can't remember because it's been months since I've touched that game. The people that still play it are all involved in some gambling addiction study, right?

Hey, haven't seen you and your constant negativity for a while, welcome back.

On the covert art, I like the design much better than the previous. Very interested to see what's coming at E3.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I don't think the face up really works, since it's a character basically coming out of nowhere to face off against MC. If Locke was a character in the earlier Halo games, it might actually mean something.

hawk2025

Looking pretty great.

However people talking shit about Locke should be happy that 343 is at least trying something different. It's that same mentality that relegated the Arbiter to a measly player 2 option in Halo 3 (which I'll never forgive Bungie for). It'd be easy to exploit nostalgia and make every game Master Chief shooting covenant, but they're trying to do something different with the story. Obviously you won't have the emotional attachment that you do with Chief, but that's kinda how new characters work.

They've already had nearly two and a half hours to establish this character.

He's not new.

So I think it's pretty cool that Blue team are finally making their way into the games but I wonder how they are going to introduce them for non-book readers. Chief already has an extensive history with this crew... so that seems like a fairly significant challenge from a storytelling perspective.

They'll probably give the ground-level overview in the next few weeks, with more at E3. Should be enough to at least prime the stage.

J@hranimo

Banned
I actually think it looks pretty great overall, but I still think the pre-order bonus poster would've made for a really nice box art.

09kBloVl.jpg

Holy shit I'm probably the last one to notice this (especially since it was the Halo 5 Beta art on twitch) but I see Locke's helmet in the right of Chief's helmet. Wow that's dope.

Top Bottom