• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

gonna be honest here, I will be pretty bummed if DMC5 is a no show for E3 even if all signs point towards its existence.

I just want a confirmation tease, something as small as a short text or image is all I need.

hopefully 4SE can tide me over if E3 is disappointing.

Dahbomb

We just move on to TGS like we usually do. Nothing new here.

At least DMC4SE will tide us over until then. Think of all the Vergil swag combo videos that will be put out in that time (already seeing glimpses of his potential).

But I am optimistic.

Dahbomb

Should be just a week from now, Japanese release date is the 18th and more than likely someone is bound to get it early and leak the ending online.

It happens like clockwork. Doubt there is going to be anything interesting in the Lady/Trish ending but that Vergil ending is going to be a pretty important cutscene overall I feel.

Should be just a week from now, Japanese release date is the 18th and more than likely someone is bound to get it early and leak the ending online.

It happens like clockwork. Doubt there is going to be anything interesting in the Lady/Trish ending but that Vergil ending is going to be a pretty important cutscene overall I feel.
Honestly from what Gregaman said, and that screen shot of Fortuna city at night, I bet it's just Vergil walking into a building with that hooded lady.

Dahbomb

Honestly from what Gregaman said, and that screen shot of Fortuna city at night, I bet it's just Vergil walking into a building with that hooded lady.
giphy.gif

Mechazawa

Have they talked at all about the ramp up on upgrades for SE in the main campaign? Maybe a mode where you start out with all the upgrades or expediting certain abilities or something?

I kind don't want to have to go through the whole song and dance of buying Exceed or the longer devil bringers. Not that I'd have a choice otherwise.

Have they talked at all about the ramp up on upgrades for SE in the main campaign? Maybe a mode where you start out with all the upgrades or expediting certain abilities or something?

I kind don't want to have to go through the whole song and dance of buying Exceed or the longer devil bringers. Not that I'd have a choice otherwise.

The amount of red orbs and proud souls you're receive as increased. Meaning it should only take a fraction of the time to level up your character than before.

Dahbomb

You basically get upgrades at twice the rate now. Red orbs as well. So they at least addressed that.

Akiller

New screens:

Google Translate:
Setting of the original version is also to enjoy!

"Special Edition" in conjunction with a number of elements have been added, has become a game balance that was conscious of more play ease. If you enter a special command, which is a controller with respect to this, the color of the logo is changed, it is possible to play in the original version of the game balance!

While holding down the L1 and R2 at the title screen, twice the left stick in a clockwise direction, the right stick even after turned twice in a clockwise direction, and success to press simultaneous R3 and L3 buttons. However, since the state does not save data becomes the condition, let's note that once played save data, it is necessary to be removed.

Google Translate:
In addition, as a function of the PS4 only, also change the color of the logo that is displayed in the lower right corner when you capture a screen.
Also trying to publish on their screen shot of the other users in the original version of the game balance.
This function will be only PS4

Sesha

Cool. It's a Hyper SF2/USF4-style version select feature. Inputting the code will enable you to play vanilla DMC4 without the balance changes, meaning slower Proud Soul/Red Orb attainment rate, probably the original Speed, and whatever else they've implemented.

Akiller

New Itsuno interview by MY CAPCOM .

Google Translate:

Ladies and gentlemen, the last of Capcom legendary "Devil is walk the road to Makai (prequel) I was read?
Player additional character of "special edition", Virgil and ready, in addition to the usability of Trish, Dante, Virgil, the previous article that made the depth of the individual character of Nero.
If you have not yet read is, from getting to read by all means, please read the current Capcom legend!

So, following the last time, it is a story about the character of the Devil May Cry.
With respect to the "Devil May Cry" as the action game, it will also be apparent effect of surprising Capcom title!

Here we go!

- But now I would like to ask about the ladies, how about with respect to Lady?

Lady became an adult than "3".
In suits, you will feel the growth of from girlhood.

ITsuno: Lady at the time of "3", his mother died, his father is possessed by the devil, it had been cornered in a fairly harsh environment.
However, the incident also end, I passed a few years and also hit the parent of the enemy, have healed also the wound of the incident, her original friendly and bright, I feel pretty part came out to the table.

(Cut scene ready.
The left and right of the blue eyes hidden by sunglasses, I will the iron fist to that across the world.)

"Gold in noisy" or on the comical side also has, but is slightly, it has also rivalry to Trish.
A little way to say when there might be misleading, but "woman Dante" specific or would feel.
It is a feeling that a little bit of leeway "cute older sister".

- Well, it was accustomed to work, what feels like young career woman (laughs). So, how about with respect to Trish?

Heroine from primary "Devil May Cry", Trish.
Modeling also, be careful so as not to impair the impression of the first generation, it seems to have been made.

ITsuno: She has not changed from the time of "1", cool adult female characters, in feeling that.

Fujii: I think that it is the most easy-to-understand "sexy beauty" of character.

ITsuno: "Is it the feeling that the older sister of blonde foreigner that everyone longs (laughs).

Fujii: Now his "Special Edition" also, but I have deployed worldwide, including the overseas, and put Trish to link banner, I clicks in an easy-to-understand rises I think (laughs).
Everyone, she Na I like, and.

(Cool & Beauty character, Trish.
Also lightly stare gaze, there is indescribable charm.)

ITsuno: In that sense, I think a good feeling to Na Lady and Trish are becoming contrast, and.

- I see. Vector is different, I'm of two heroines of the good sense of distance.

[Road to Makai]

- For the part of as "action game" of "Devil May Cry", we will ask you. ITsuno's like "Makai Village" series is you, but is that the time of "Devil May Cry" production as an action game is first played, is there any part that is in reference to the time of production?

(Images are from "Makai Village" (Capcom arcade cabinet)
1985, as 30 years ago, the screen was built in equivalent, was gameplay.)

ITsuno: "Makai Village" is, but I was game to the extent it is that playing normally until joining Capcom, after I joined, and "Makai Village" "large Makai Village" "super Makai Village", the depth, It is a game that I noticed the beauty of the action.
Even hit the production this time "Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition", was Nozomi from clear SNES version of the "super-Makai Village" the (launched in 1991).

- It is great!

(Screen was made for the Game Boy Advance "super Makai Village R".
During the SNES version of "ultra-Makai Village" of the 1991 release, it was created as a "Makai Village" at the time of the ultimate).

ITsuno: "super Makai Village" is, but I've been once cleared, there is also a point that is forgotten in the pivotal points, and went to listen to capture point to Oda-san was a planner at the time, it was perfectly clear.
That you can not save in the SNES version, and then pause when you are going to work, it was nearly three weeks power purse leave (laughs).

- (Laughs) as "exhilaration" and "fun" as an action game, is there a part that is common to the "Devil May Cry," "Makai Village"?

ITsuno: The enact an action game, I think that there are two conditions.
First one is the "pattern".
"Remember game" type that is representative to, keep up with the "law" of enemy movements.
Among the enemy that moves at a certain, particular pattern, how do I go survive, It is a game of which require strategy.

Especially in the boss fight, instead of blindly attack, read the attack patterns,
Which attack can I go against, you need to grab in a fight.

And one is "timing".
The enemy "Look react", the place is required to support in-situ "agility".
When you or surrounded by the enemy, instant to determine the situation, we are going to survive the force.

Incorrect moment of judgment, immediately death of character is listening.
Also the tension, action game of fun, is a real thrill.

"Pattern" and "timing", but intermingled this two elements in action games I think that has been established, "Makai Village" series, has fused this two at a very advanced level.
And, "Makai Village" is amazing prayer, the algorithm to establish it (the program pattern of the game) is what very simple!

- I see. But "Devil May Cry", the part I would do is helpful to you?

ITsuno: Well.
Also "Devil May Cry", still remember the movement of the enemy, you do not polished his skills techniques while watching the reaction, it does not exceed the number of stage.
While remember the pattern, it does not get over that it is not timed the timing, the part of the strategic and tactics of that, we have to adjust to try to be able to maximize fusion.
There, the splendor of "Makai Village", I have the utmost respect.
... Quite, but I can not reach to that pass.

Not particularly, than to blindly attack the boss battle is (about).
Although there is a difference between the 2D screen and the 3D screen, the essence of the "action game" are common.

- A very interesting answer, thank you! In addition, Mr. ITsuno is, the "Street Fighter ZERO", "Star Gladiator," "Justice Gakuen", but has been though many in the development of the fighting game, where with technology, you have a part that is also utilized now or?

ITsuno Mr. participated as a planner, "Street Fighter ZERO" (1995).
As a work that was to re-build a new cut, in the visual world of the "Street Fighter", and has been considerable attention.

ITsuno: It is, of course I mean ..., I'm doing it just! (Laughs).
In the genre of "fighting game", necessary element as a "character game" is, or will not it jammed almost all.
At the time, "if there are no why character, whether the game is not satisfied," "What is the character," the theory that, Akiman's (※ Akira Yasuda:. "Final Fight," "Street Fighter II" character designer also currently, anime , including the success of) as a character designer of the game, because has been hammered in Sparta to various seniors.
Mr. Akiman is to was the main character designer in the "Star Gladiator", but "Justice Gakuen", "hero" and the like have some to design our participation, the teaching, also produced by reference to now.

(Hero teacher of "private Justice Gakuen".
Based Design is Akiman's).

- This time, whether the movie is previous work as well Shimomura Yuji coach has been produced, there combination How was?

Shimomura director has been in charge of the movie, a cut-scene production from the "Devil May Cry 3".
This time also, you have fires good cut scenes have been added a number!

ITsuno: Action Director of Virgil I also ask including, but you do not have Admit, Shimomura director, it was not possible to make in so short period of time! (Laughs).
When you create a "Devil May Cry 3", Shimomura director and motion actors of Dan, and is fused my ideas, I was able to Virgil.
Virgil as the atmosphere "samurai" of the I, but I think I'm not a simple Japanese samurai.
To say whether, and not a deterioration copy of "Samurai", such as those transmitted by mistake to the West.
Born from the appearance of Virgil, containing the chivalrous pride and elements of the West, but I have a boyfriend Nari of "Samurai feeling", also at the scene one of the pay sword, it has been expressed, including the sentiment.
Paid sword action of Virgil is a must see!

Taming Enma sword "Samurai", Virgil.
Its "paid sword" action also, this time, is the attention!

Fujii: also time to ask the motion of the actor, but very I was a short period of time, we were able to produce it by full advantage
In every move of Virgil, Please note in particular!

- Thanks you! In the end, the word toward the fan-player, thank you.

ITsuno: "Devil May Cry 3, 1, 4, 2 graphic arts" comment it will become the same as of but ... sequel message of hope, I am waiting!

- Oh!

At the beginning of "Devil May Cry 3, 1, 4, 2 graphic arts",
Of ITsuno director, it has been told that enthusiasm to the hot sequel!

ITsuno: In seven years from the launch of the "4", but was able finally to form a "special edition", and so as to say, I do not know whether this remains numbering series can make.
Moreover, after seven years, or even because it does not become any more ..., cheer and "Devil May Cry 4 Special Rendition", a sequel message of hope, we certainly will by all means ask !!

Fujii: I have been told all (laughs).
By all means support, thank you!

- During busy today, thank you!

Well, what was it like?
"Devil May Cry 2" much better than it has been involved in development, "foster parent" of "Devil May Cry", by ITsuno director, and I think I became a "deep good talk" of "Special Edition".
This story in the chest, and if play the "special edition" of the release next week, be ... that can play a more depth?

First next week June 18 (Thursday) Release,
The "Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition", please enjoy !!

And, if your request of "sequel hope" to the questionnaire or the like in the package, now need to wait for more than seven years might no ... Kunar.

The next of Capcom legend, the update scheduled June 25.
Please look forward to it !!

Sesha

If I read it correctly, there is a questionnaire included with either the boxed version of DMC4SE that asks about the future of the series. Also the comment box for the art book says something about there being a "passionate plea" from Itsuno regarding future iterations.

At the end of the interview, Itsuno says something like "It's been 7 years since 4 was released, and we finally did the Special Edition. That said, I don't know if I can make more of the numbered series. In order to not wait another seven years or to let this be it, please support DMC4SE and voice your messages of hope for the series' continuation."

If I read it correctly, there is a questionnaire included with either boxed version or the DMC art book that asks about future of the series. Also the comment box for the art book says something about there being "passionate plea" from Itsuno regarding future sequels.

At the end of the interview, Itsuno says something like "It's been 7 years since 4 was released, and we finally did the Special Edition. That said, I don't know if I can make more of the numbered series. In order to not wait another seven years or to let this be it, please support DMC4SE and voice your messages of hope for the series' continuation."

I really hope that's just PR talk.

Man, Itsuno just killed my hype :(

Dahbomb

The fuck we need to fill out a questionnaire for? And especially one that is on the back of a god damn art book that very few people will actually buy.

Put out an online survey for this shit if you have to.

And not this shit again with hostage holding of a franchise. "Please buy these re-releases, then buy this artbook then fill out this survey then maybe we can make DMC5". DMC4 selling 3 million wasn't enough? How many times do the fans have to make their voices heard?

That survey is meaningless, and so is him asking for you to fill it out. One way or another, Itsuno knows where a DMC sequel stands. He's likely already making it and if not, then he knows nothing other than surprisingly great sales of DMC4:SE will change minds and reverse decisions at Capcom.

There is no way they decided to prominently push these two games, upgrade them, and re-release them for no good reason. They are taking care of and promoting this as one of their major properties, I can't see a sequel not already being in the works.

TreIII

It's probably not meaningless entirely, but it would have a few pertinent questions that amount to nice suggestion box material as they're still crafting the game. I remember they talked about a survey regarding who people wanted to see the most between Trish, Lady or both. Thankfully, people had good sense.

Anyway, knew there was another reason to love Itsuno: he spoke so highly of the Makaimura (aka Ghouls n Ghosts) series as a source of inspiration for his own work!

Sesha

I edited my post to clarify that the questionnaire is apparently included with DMC4SE, not the art book. I reread the comment about it and it seemed to be referring to DMC4SE. Apologies for any confusion.

Edit: Speaking of surveys, I've been crafting my own personal survey regarding DMC5. Mostly wanted changes and features and the like. I'm gonna post it around when it's done. It's mostly for fun, but maybe it gets some attention. Who knows. Either way, I'm probably gonna ask for some feedback on it before that.

Sesha

welp! the hype has overtaken me fully. i dreamed DMC5 got leaked last night

First Dahbomb, now you, lol. I envy you guys. I don't usually remember my dreams, but it's been happening a lot lately and it's always depressing shit.

Announcing DMC5 and then releasing DMC4SE few days later to feed on the hype is something no sane marketing director would want to miss, if they're really making DMC5, it will be shown at E3.

Unfortunately, Capcom isn't known for their sane or efficient marketing.

Sayad

gonna be honest here, I will be pretty bummed if DMC5 is a no show for E3 even if all signs point towards its existence.

I just want a confirmation tease, something as small as a short text or image is all I need.

hopefully 4SE can tide me over if E3 is disappointing.
Announcing DMC5 and then releasing DMC4SE few days later to feed on the hype is something no sane marketing director would want to miss, if they're really making DMC5, it will be shown at E3.

Sephzilla

Maybe it's all a swerve?

probably not, this is the same company that tried to reboot the franchise at the peak of its popularity

I actually wouldn't be surprised if DMC4SE sales would be better than expected, and be enough to green-light DMC5 though (assuming it's not at E3). The DMC fanbase supported the HD Collection pretty well and (to my surprise) actually managed to collectively vote with their wallets regarding the reboot

Welp reading that interview killed my hype. fuck that shit, fuck capcom.

It is completely meaningless. Whether or not DMC5 is in development, that would be the answer that Itsuno or any japanese developer for any series would say. Lie and pretend like nothing exists and beg people to buy the stuff currently available until they reveal.

Not saying DMC5 is definitely in development, but that interview doesn't do anything to disprove it.

Voror

I'd be surprised to see DMC5 announced given how long it's been and that they don't even know how the SE will do. I imagine they'll wait and if it looks good they might give Itsuno the go ahead.

BadWolf

I'd be surprised to see DMC5 announced given how long it's been and that they don't even know how the SE will do. I imagine they'll wait and if it looks good they might give Itsuno the go ahead.

Next to no possibility of that happening imo, the wait and see approach would result in DMC5 coming at the very end of the generation or missing it altogether.

The talk in the interview is the usual Capcom PR to encourage sales, I wouldn't think into it too much.

Sephzilla

Yeah, after letting it sink in a few more minutes it seems decently like PR speak to me in order to generate DMC4SE buys. At least, thats what I'm thinking it is, because the alternative is that Capcom doesn't realize there's still a demand for the prime DMC franchise - and I refuse to believe Capcom is that blind.

Dahbomb

Now I am curious about this survey included with DMC4SE.

How will the digital users fill the survey?

Capcom will be getting a piece of my mind with that survey that is for sure.

Dahbomb

Survey only in physical copies?

So is this one of those paper/pencil surveys you have to send in the mail?

How behind the times is Capcom? Who the fuck actually does that.shit nowadays?

Capcom you wanna know what you should be doing for DMC5... get a Skype chat going with me. Open up a dialogue with the community. Hell post a PUBLIC ONLINE SURVEY that everyone can use. But don't do this pen/paper physical copy purchase only survey BULL SHIT!

I seriously have to imagine that this survey is nothing more than a formality and this whole interview is just a "please buy DMC4SE" marketing ploy.

Erigu

That's pretty much common practice, in Japan.

Capcom you wanna know what you should be doing for DMC5... get a Skype chat going with me. Open up a dialogue with the community. Hell post a PUBLIC ONLINE SURVEY that everyone can use. But don't do this pen/paper physical copy purchase only survey BULL SHIT!
The Japanese text makes it clear the survey is just one way to voice your support / ask for a sequel, don't worry about that.

TreIII

If it's like what they did for the BASARA fan surveys, there would be a link that'd you go to, in order to fill out the survey online.

Still would be pretty scummy if they left out digital buyers from participating in the process too.

Hey, all. I finally got my account approved! I mainly registered to talk here, since this is one of the nicest DMC communities that I've found. You might know me from Youtube, Twitch, or the Sengoku BASARA videos that Trelll has linked in here in the past. I can't wait for DMC4SE to come out, and these next two weeks are going to be a painful wait. The fact that Itsuno is attending E3 gives me hope that DMC5 will at least be teased at the event.

Top Bottom