• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games register Horizonthegame.com domain

Jawmuncher

You're supposed to play as the redhead woman, so something like Dragon's Dogma is more likely
The fact that we're playing as a red head has my head canon going with this as a spiritual Dino crisis successor.

image.php

You got me.

Shinobi said it will be both SP & MP, so maybe SP with Souls like MP elements?

You're supposed to play as the redhead woman, so something like Dragon's Dogma is more likely

Oh man. A Dragons Dogma esque title would be exciting.

I dont even care about the story. Just give me crazy enemies to take down with friends among a drop dead gorgeous landscape with solid controls and gameplay and that will be just perfect.

I know about the New Vegas guy though, so they will of course attempt at putting together a coherent story.

I'm thinking something like an advanced evil civilization creating these menacing cyborg dinosaurs and sending them against this clan or tribal people ( just more futuristic ) who have to band together to stay alive. So they use their advanced tech like exploding arrows and shit to take them out.

Something like that maybe?

F4r0_Atak

Worst kept secret in a while now.

Not really a secret... was leaked prior to E3 2015 and it was expected for this E3! It was even rumored to have some kind of reveal for last E3. I guess SCE wanted to capitalize on the Dinosaur-hype momentum of Jurassic World's world release in theaters.

Six years in the oven, it's probably Sony's biggest game yet.

EDIT: Assuming this is a Holiday 2015 game.

Fixed.

Salex_

Useful information if you want to include it in the OP.
Guess I should post what was learned in the concept art leak thread

- Red-haired female protagonist
- 3rd person open world
- John Gonzales (Lead Writer for Fallout: New Vegas) is working on this.
- They hired CD Projekt Red quest designers and other experienced RPG developers.
- It has co-op (not sure if Shinobi ever made a follow-up post saying if it was local, online, or both.)
To name a few:
- Lead cinematic artist/cinematic director of The Witcher 3
- A dialog writer who previously worked on Shadow of Mordor joined the writing team
- A freelance writer from Blizzard
- A game designer who worked on Elder Scrolls Online
- And several creature artists and game designers who worked on Medieval RPGs

Some of the easily found LinkedIn pages

CDPR Quest Designer --> Game Designer at GG https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dennis-zoetebier/5/12a/859?trk=biz_employee_pub
Lead Writer for Fallout: New Vegas --> now Lead Writer for Horizon - https://nl.linkedin.com/in/johnrgonzalez
SWTOP Contract World Designer/Scripter --> Game Designer at GG https://www.linkedin.com/pub/blake-rebouche/4/a89/869?trk=pub-pbmap

This needs to be an infinitely more interesting IP than Killzone. I'm giving you another chance here Guerilla.

The Killzone universe has a very interesting backstory, GG's problem was their inability to capitalize on it in their games. Now with the writer from New Vegas on board I am sure they will do better.

Ran rp

Shooting robot dinosaurs with arrows is dumb though. If that made it to the final game game I wonder how they're going to explain it.

F4r0_Atak

The Killzone universe has a very interesting backstory, GG's problem was their inability to capitalize on it in their games. Now with the writer from New Vegas on board I am sure they will do better.

They sure do, but people jump in Killzone not for the story nor the characters (which are both great elements for a good and immersive universe) but for the "fun" killings.

Hoo-doo

Banned
PSY・S;167645130 said:
Shooting robot dinosaurs with arrows is dumb though. If that made it to the final game game I wonder how they're going to explain it.

'It's sci-fi fantasy. I ain't got to explain shit.'

Alo0oy

Banned
PSY・S;167645130 said:

They could be rope arrows used to "capture" the robo-dinos.

PSY・S;167645130 said:

I think it's kinda explained in the images above. You can see the sparks and smoke coming out of them where the arrows and spears are. So you hit them in soft points to make them malfunction.

Hoje0308

Banned
Useful information if you want to include it in the OP.

Some of the easily found LinkedIn pages

CDPR Quest Designer --> Game Designer at GG https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dennis-zoetebier/5/12a/859?trk=biz_employee_pub
Lead Writer for Fallout: New Vegas --> now Lead Writer for Horizon - https://nl.linkedin.com/in/johnrgonzalez
SWTOP Contract World Designer/Scripter --> Game Designer at GG https://www.linkedin.com/pub/blake-rebouche/4/a89/869?trk=pub-pbmap

Good writing in a GG game? That'll be a first. Give me a quest where I can kill Rico and I'll buy two copies and a season pass.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They sure do, but people jump in Killzone not for the story nor the characters (which are both great elements for a good and immersive universe) but for the "fun" killings.

If they are going to do another KZ, they need to get a writer who can actually exploit that world they have (which is good), and get a better voice director.

As for this project. . .all kinds of in. KZ remains one of the best looking games on the PS4.

Raptor

They got me at "3rd person open world" but Robo Dinos and female main character will make this a day one purchase on principle alone lols.

Look at all the hype just from Linkdin profiles and concept art. Man i cant wait to see the trailer, it better atleast be in engine.

I'm hyped for what this game could be.

The thing I remember most about Shadow Fall's campaign was imagining how amazing it would be to play an RPG that takes place in Vekta. The view as you're traveling over the city is just so good.

Getting to play that game, with the addition of robotic dinosaurs, would be awesome.

Irnbru

PSY・S;167645130 said:

Just like hawkman explained it

Euron

So Fallout NV writers coupled with CDPR quest designers, all brought together by the amazing graphical capabilities that are normally provided by GG?

We might be looking at one of the best (if not the best) RPGs of the generation.

CHC

This is sounding better and better. Guerrilla clearly has the tech down, so if they can get some good staff for the other stuff (which it seems they have done), this is going to be hype-worthy.

2015.....? Doubtful

matmanx1

I am excited to hunt and kill robotic dinosaurs in a medieval wasteland in a new RPG by Guerrilla Games! (I think I am, anyway.)

Top Bottom