• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arturkrang

Neo Member
gears of war remastered leaked
https://gearsofwar.com/ru-ru/games/gears-of-war-3/xbox-360

Origianl game+pc content+mp content from geow3
-60 fps
-dolby 7.1
-pc campaing content
-new achievements
- modernized mp: 60fps, dedicated servers, skill-based mathmaking, new gamemodes
-19 maps, including dlc and pc
-access to 17 characters from geow3
-new settings: ressurection, active reload, self res, weapon spawn
-new game modes: team dm, king of the Hill, and brand new 2x2 extermination by gnasher
-alternative control layout
release date: 25 august

Leflus

-60 fps
-dolby 7.1
-pc campaing content
-new achievements
- modernized mp: 60fps, dedicated servers, skill-based mathmaking, new gamemodes
etc..
Fake. Microsoft doesn't release games in august, right?
:p

Day 1 if the horde mode from Gears 3 is a part of the package.

spons

Gold Member
Single-player from the first Gears of War? The PC content was so obviously stripped from the 360 version it's not surprising they're going to include it.

-60 fps
-dolby 7.1
-pc campaing content
-new achievements
etc..

Sounds fairly standard,two concerns though:
Is it actually ready to be released? or is it being rushed to be released before the fall term starts?.

Second, price tag. MCC was 60 but with four 360 games included. This has less than double the content. I think it should go for Max $20.

Leflus

Is it actually ready to be released? or is it being rushed to be released before the fall term starts?.

Second, price tag. MCC was 60 but with four 360 games included. This has less than double the content. I think it should go for Max $20.
I'm guessing 30$ or 40$. Leaning towards the latter option.

$30 is my bet.

Or August's GwG.

Dynasty

I agree but seeing how Sony releasing God Of War 3 remaster for $40, I could see MS doing the same for Gears Of War, I would be happy with a $30 price tag. $40 has been the standard for remasters in the past if I remember correctly and I don't see it changing.

SaberEdge

Gaf is awfully slow considering E3 is starting tomorrow night

At this point there really isn't anything left to discuss. Tomorrow we have Smash direct, Nintendo world championships and then the Bethesda conference.

That'll be good to get the ball rolling before Monday.

How about we discuss our predictions as to which games at E3 will have the best graphics?

Graphics are always a hot topic in the gaming community and the new footage and new announcements at E3 always give us plenty of new material to talk about, but we can discuss our predictions ahead of time just for fun.

Here is my list of the games I predict will exhibit the most impressive graphics at E3 2015:

Star Wars Battlefront
Uncharted 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Citizen
Mass Effect 4
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
The Division
Guerrilla's new game (Horizon?)
Sony Santa Monica's new game
New Gears of War game
Visceral's Star Wars game

I should point out that I listed them in no particular order. We've seen little to nothing of many of these games and I'd rather wait until after E3 to attempt to rank their relative graphical standings. A few of these games may not even appear at E3. And, of course, there are probably a few games that will come out of nowhere and look better than some of the games listed here.

Anyway, guys, let the discussion begin. Do you disagree with any of my predictions? Am I forgetting any likely graphically standout games? Which games at E3 this year do you think will have the best graphics?

How about we discuss our predictions as to which games at E3 will have the best graphics?

Graphics are always a hot topic in the gaming community and the new footage and new announcements at E3 always give us plenty of new material to talk about, but we can discuss our predictions ahead of time just for fun.

Here is my list of the games I predict will exhibit the most impressive graphics at E3 2015:

Star Wars Battlefront
Uncharted 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Citizen
Mass Effect 4
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
The Division
New Gears of War game

I should point out that I listed them in no particular order. We've seen little to nothing of many of these games and I'd rather wait until after E3 to attempt to rank their relative graphical standings. A few of these games may not even appear at E3. And, of course, there are probably a few games that will come out of nowhere and look better than some of the games listed here.

Anyway, guys, let the discussion begin. Do you disagree with any of my predictions? Am I forgetting any likely graphically standout games? Which games at E3 this year do you think will have the best graphics?

Judging by how much GG squeezed out of the PS3 for KZ2, I would wager Horizon will be absolutely jaw dropping. Also, no mention of Halo 5 makes me sad, it should look pretty good imo.

JP

I wonder if there will be a smaller PS2? Maybe not at the conference but possibly a soft reveal during the week. Not a prediction but I would love to see Kerbal Space Program get a console release at some point.

I agree but seeing how Sony releasing God Of War 3 remaster for $40, I could see MS doing the same for Gears Of War, I would be happy with a $30 price tag. $40 has been the standard for remasters in the past if I remember correctly and I don't see it changing.

Pricing should be really interesting. Will MS puts up with the $40 price tag set by Sony? Or will it price it more aggressively (less than $40, certainly nothing above that) to entice 360 crowd to finally make the transition to current gen (or even PC, please MS do it). Regardless, the pricing should be a good indication of MS attitude towards aggressive marketing vs cost.

Timing suggests it might have something to do with the Microsoft conference though. Who knows? The Kojima situation is odd.

I'm thinking complete no-show from Kojima.

And just a timing coincidence imo. I mean, Keighley gotta drop that exclusive trailer at one point or another.

JP

Isn't it a bit played out by now?

Uptown Funk seems to be one of the most popular song predictions from what I've seen so far.
It's almost not relevant which song they use as it's always going to be the bland, safe, commercial chart music like the one that you've mentioned. The music has always been really disappointing for me but I suppose "safe" is what they need for stuff like this.

Talking of music, I wonder if there be any news on Spotify as that app really needs to evolve, it's more than adequate for game soundtracks but it's almost useless just to listen to music if you're not using another pice of hardware to control it.

SaberEdge

Judging by how much GG squeezed out of the PS3 for KZ2, I would wager Horizon will be absolutely jaw dropping. Also, no mention of Halo 5 makes me sad, it should look pretty good imo.

Hmm....you might be right about Halo 5. I just haven't been that impressed by what I've seen of it so far. Then again, they haven't really shown screenshots from the campaign, have they? I'll definitely keep an open mind towards it.

This again? I doubt Sony is going to bundle a game that shows at a competitors conference.

We've only seen bundles for EU so far haven't we? Is it confirmed that MGSV is with Sony in NA too?

Or maybe marketing isn't fragmented per region like that and is a wordwide thing. I have no idea.

This again? I doubt Sony is going to bundle a game that shows at a competitors conference.

It has happened before. Microsoft had marketing for FFXIII and the bundle yet trailers were at Sony conferences. MGSV also was the first game shown at one of the other Xbox One conferences. I'm not saying it is going to happen, just that it is possible.

Kar

Star Wars Battlefront
Uncharted 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Citizen
Mass Effect 4
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
The Division
New Gears of War game

You can remove Tomb Raider from the list since its cross gen.
Edit: If I remember right there is another studio developing the 360 version so ignore what I said.

stryke

It has happened before. Microsoft had marketing for FFXIII and the bundle yet trailers were at Sony conferences. MGSV also was the first game shown at one of the other Xbox One conferences. I'm not saying it is going to happen, just that it is possible.

All these instances were when no marketing arrangements were made yet.

edit - no you're correct with FFXIII, that was flip flopping every year. I forgot it showed again at Sony's in 2009.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't know bethesdas presser was today, well, tomorrow in the UK at 3 am, defo not missing it though!
1IDiDzu

More footage of Fallout 4 and Doom is gonna be great. Has Bethesda commented on the engine they are using for Fallout 4? It's obviously based on Gamebryo, but are they calling it something else (like Creation Engine)?

Rösti;167747749 said:
Don't forget you can pick up your badge today to save some time. Starts 1:00PM PDT.
Ah yes thanks was going to ask what time they opened that. For a first timer, where is the pickup located in the LACC?

Resident Evil 7 should have the main character be an adolescent. No secret labs. Just someone trying to survive an outbreak, without no clue to what's going on, or trying to uncover some conspiracy. Would be a fresh experience, but probably not a popular opinion around here.

I want RE7 to be a conclusion to the older cast that we've grown up with. Leon, Claire, Ada, (I think Barry is out), Chris, Jill etc

Its time for a new generation. I really liked Moira so I hope to see more of her.

woen

I think there will be a lot more games like this in the future for VR.

Yeah it's a concept that fits the "experience" category. I hope there still will be the "full of life open world where you are pro photographer" part, and not just "go on a photorealistic safari".

MauroNL

Does anyone think Microsoft will have something Minecraft/Mojang related announcements? It's been almost year since the aquisition so maybe they have been busy on something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom