• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BShadowJ

I freely admit, they put in a pay $5 to remove adverts option, i would buy the game back strait away and pay the extra $5.

Well I don't mind the ads and I'd buy it so they'd get more money from me than they would from the ads, but yes I'd assume that most people that would buy it would be so they wouldn't have to actually see the ads.

On PC or PS4?

On both? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by the question...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm not a big fan of paying per month. I think it's a weak excuse to bleed wallets. It's why I don't really play mobile games. Ads or pay. No thanks.

Honestly, a little banner on the side in a sports style game doesn't bother me too much, but only if it fits (Madden, NBA, FIFA). I don't think this game fits with these types of ads. But I'm not going to delete the game over it. Game is overall a very positive experience.

Agreed. You can hate the ads and all that, but deleting it and such is a tad melodramatic.

I wish there was a new thread about the ads. Then the six people who are bothered would have a place to discuss it without killing this thread.

Yeah, you're right. I won't engage in any conversation about it moving forward. Having a lot of fun with it and thank god Psyonix added couch co-op!

I'm liking more and more that gaffer's idea of a "no ads" unlock... Even if it's only to give an option to those who don't want the ads to not have them. That and like I said before, I can't help but wonder if something as low as 5€ would be more than what they'd get from ads from just one person individually, since ad revenue tends to be... Not very big.

Also, my laptop might actually be fixed, and if so, even though I'm not sure I'll be able to run the game decently, I'll finally buy Rocket League on PC. Get hyped :eek:

:O I can actually be good when I play with you!

So yesterday during ranked 2v2 one of the opposing players left while we were up 4-2 with a minute to go. My random teammate then decided to score two goals on ourselves to "make it fair", and then sat still in OT as the 1 opposing player left rushed the faceoff and scored. I truly hate the community sometimes.

In other positive news...

I watched the #6 player stream yesterday and was genuinely amazed at some of the things they were doing with ease...like, mind blown type of moves.

Why can't I be a fraction this good??

So, I was playing a season yesterday.

Um... do your teammates ALWAYS hit the ball towards your own goal? I lost a game 4-2 where 2 of the opposing goals were scored by my teammates. I feel like I could have done better had the game been 1 vs. 3.

At any rate... still love love love this game. I just wish I could get better.

DBT85

Um... do your teammates ALWAYS hit the ball towards your own goal? I lost a game 4-2 where 2 of the opposing goals were scored by my teammates. I feel like I could have done better had the game been 1 vs. 3.

Are you playing on Rookie mode?

Only the AI at that level can more aptly be described as Thicko than Rookie.

They also don't boost, so you can score from pretty much every kick off. my best was about 15 in one match lol.

Genuinely, do the training and keep going until you can reliably get the goals or saves like 7/10 on the first attempt. Then when playing actual games understand that often not hitting the ball is your best option, stand off and let others squabble and pick off the loose ball.

hydruxo

I've noticed sometimes the AI gets sort of locked onto the ball when it's in a certain area and they just dribble it in a straight line into their own goal. From what I've seen it happens sometimes when you hit the ball on their side and they have to drive back to try and recover, but instead they just drive straight into the ball and own goal it. Still though, it's a rare occurance but it does happen.

KJ869

Okay this was new for me. Player FlareVulpine apparently had invented the best ever way to idle for xp in game where xp realy does not matter. The car was running endless circles in multiple matches, so he/she had rubberbanded the controller.

todahawk

Okay this was new for me. Player FlareVulpine apparently had invented the best ever way to idle for xp in game where xp realy does not matter. The car was running endless circles in multiple matches, so he/she had rubberbanded the controller.

if he was doing it for the 300km trophy and doing online he's doing it wrong. online distance tracking is glitched. it needs to be offline in an overtime (no timer) situation.

Really wish people like these were banned for life.

What a pathetic existence.

So yesterday during ranked 2v2 one of the opposing players left while we were up 4-2 with a minute to go. My random teammate then decided to score two goals on ourselves to "make it fair", and then sat still in OT as the 1 opposing player left rushed the faceoff and scored. I truly hate the community sometimes.

I watched the #6 player stream yesterday and was genuinely amazed at some of the things they were doing with ease...like, mind blown type of moves.

Who's the #6?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

That guy sounds pretty cool to be honest.

Dmonzy

I know how much it sucks for your team to quit on you, so usually whenever it happens to my opponents I help them out by playing as their goalie. I don't score on my own team, but I try to make it so the opponent can actually focus on offense and stand a chance outnumbered.

The one thing that drives me insane is some of the assholes you are teamed up with. I was in a match the other night where we were behind by two goals with two minutes on the clock. I managed to score a hat trick with around thirty seconds to go and then I made a mistake in goal and let one in for the opposition to equalise. Then came a torrent of abusive messages aimed at me from the other two people on my team (who were in a party) about how shit I was etc.

We would have been three goals down if I didn't score that hat trick you fucking idiots!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The one thing that drives me insane is some of the assholes you are teamed up with. I was in a match the other night where we were behind by two goals with two minutes on the clock. I managed to score a hat trick with around thirty seconds to go and then I made a mistake in goal and let one in for the opposition to equalise. Then came a torrent of abusive messages aimed at me from the other two people on my team (who were in a party) about how shit I was etc.

We would have been three goals down if I didn't score that hat trick you fucking idiots!
Chat with strangers ruins everything.

I did that a couple of times yesterday. Twice in a row I was playing 3v3 and two players on the other team quit after we scored. As it was 3v1, I started playing for the other guy's team.

It was way more fun than scoring easy goals on a guy for four minutes. Very confusing though, especially at the beginning when my ex teammates didn't catch on.

Zemm

Got it on PC after playing splitscreen at a friends on PS4 and it really is fucking amazing. Is there a steam group of gaffers who play this or anything?

hydruxo

Yeah people are annoying with the text chat. Play a perfect match and then miss one save and you get bombarded with 'What a save!" "looool" "2 ez" messages.

Pepiope

I remember I had one guy tell me that he "couldn't play with players this bad" after a similar situation. He had the least amount of points on either team in the 3v3.

That was a good watch. I only hope Psyonix can seize upon this reception with a great post release support. They seem to be on the right path with a free map and spectator mode and paid cosmetic DLC in August.

I will likely buy every DLC that comes out for this. The game is so pure that it will be fun for years to come back to it. I only hope that don't muck it up with things that change balance. In other words don't listen to the crazies that want cars to behave differently and want to add weapons and powerups.

Patch Notes

Rocket League Patch Notes v1.03
Released: July 31, 2015 | 186 MB

THE HEADLINES
“Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
Stat tracking for online games is now properly recorded for its correlating Garage items
AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
The first player to abandon a “Ranked’ match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
(PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
(Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
Fixed multiple crash scenarios

Complete list below…

NEW FEATURES

Gameplay
“Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
Content
Topper: “Cherry Top” now includes a working, rotating light
Topper: “Propellerhead” now includes a working, rotating blade
Online Play
AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
The first player to abandon a “Ranked” match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
UI/ UX
(Steam) Added “Mouse Sensitivity” setting to the “Options” menu
(Steam) Added support for more resolutions

CHANGES AND UPDATES

Training
“Freeplay” now grants truly unlimited “Rocket Boost”
UI/ UX
Stats: Player’s “Win/ Loss Ratio” is now displayed as a “Win %”

BUG FIXES

General
(PS4) Sweet Tooth now properly unlocks when completing a game with all 10 of the other Battle-Cars
(PS4) Multiple visual optimizations
Reduced, but did not eliminate, instances of the “Invisible Car” bug
Fixed multiple crash scenarios
Garage Items
Antennas
Country Flags: Congo is now appropriately-named
Country Flags: Mexico is no longer reversed
Country Flags: Northern Ireland is now correct
Country Flags: United States now shows all 50 stars
Trophies and Achievements
(Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
(PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
UI/ UX
Stat tracking for online games is now properly reflected for their correlating Garage items
Blog and Scrolling Ticker now work as intended and will not errantly show “Offline” messages
“PsyNet” icons for cross-platform players will now display properly
Main Menu Player Avatars will no longer disappear between matches
Player names are now displayed correctly during “Replays”
Localization
French, German, Italian, and Spanish-language corrections and improvements

AcridMeat

Banned
Put me in the camp that doesn't care about ads being in there. It's a sport, it makes sense for ads to exist.
It goes so well with the aesthetic of it being a franchised sporting event too. The cheering crowd, the statues, the chants.

Makes it feel even more like Soccer/Hockey with the ads on the sides.

The funny thing is, its not the ones who have the issue with them clogging up the thread, its the ones who have issue with the people who don't like them that are clogging up the thread.

There was actually more posts from people complaining at me for not liking the adverts than there was from me complaining about them :p.

So true. I don't have a major problem with them, but just thought the game would be nicer without. Also I wanted to send them some money as a PS4 player, so I suggested the pay to remove ads option because I'd find that more worthwhile than the upcoming new cars and boost stylings.

BShadowJ

"The Point - How Rockets & Cars Made the Best Sports Game in Years"

AI3GwDV.png

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

I haven't seen the full video to see if this is mentioned, I just find it funny that a few years back this would have been unimaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom