• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Thread [PC/Xbone now up!]

etta

my hard graphic balls
Played 5 minutes. Can't tell if it's 900p or 1080pr, I am leaning on 900p, though.
Controller makes a massive difference, though. Feels so much nicer.

legacyzero

Banned
PC:

Too stuttery for me. It could be that I'm just playing my PS4 too much and that I'm rusty as well. There's so much tearing going on that I feel like I'm forced to put on VSync. THEN that starts the mouse lag. And I have no idea how to use 3rd party vsync software...

EDIT:

Windows 10
6GB Ram
670 2GB GPU
3570k CPU

etta

my hard graphic balls
Dedicated servers on Xbone? Hope they fixed all the lag issues it was completely unplayable on PS4 several days.
It's not using Azure.
Other notices from another 5 minutes, not getting any of the fps drops I was on PS4 on that crappy map.

Tovarisc

W... T... F..?
HJe3Y9e.jpg

Edit:
i5 6600K @ 4,4GHz
16GB DDR4
GTX980Ti

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK, my pagefile was 2MB and the game didn't like that, since upping it I managed to play a round (dat tempest double kill to for kill cam) but now it's crashing at the end of the game instead. And I'm getting some weird as fuck mouse lag, it feels like my guy has weights strapped to his arms. And the game keeps micro freezing.

You played the PS4 beta as well right? How do they compare?

I'm definitely not a graphics expert at all but first impressions is that there's something about it that doesn't make it look as nice as the PS4 version. I could be completely wrong. I'm sure others can explain it better.

From looking at the beta version of the X1, didn't the PS4 version start with a higher version?

My impressions are the same as the first day I had last week on PS4. The game plays smooth and I haven't experienced any lag...or at least any lag that has made it unplayable and annoying. I expect that to change the minute more people download and play.

Nowise10

My download got stuck at 99% because the Xbox One is a pile of trash and nothing ever works correctly on the console. Had to uninstall and re-download it it.

Hazaku

Stuttered like crazy for me too. It was set to 50hz refresh rate as well by default ...

Using

i5 4670k
280x
8GBs of Ram
Windows 10

EDIT: Vsync and changing refresh rate fixed it for me

Sofa King

Sorry, but their beta redemption system has been utter crap. Last week I never got an email for PS4, tons of issues with their site because of their "use a code to get a code" email address grab. This week I got the email and the code doesn't work. They should have just let the retailers give PS4 and XB1 codes or just made it an open beta.

alexbull_uk

Played my first game on Xbone and it's definitely quite a bit less sharp than PS4, which is a shame as it does diminish some detail from scenes.

Gameplay wise it's identical though. Undecided on which controller I like the most, they're just both so good this time round.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having this mouse issue where it feels like you're covered in mud and have weights strapped to your biceps? Aiming is not fluid at all.

etta

my hard graphic balls
My download got stuck at 99% because the Xbox One is a pile of trash and nothing ever works correctly on the console. Had to uninstall and re-download it it.

Lol.

As for the beta, I've had a whopping 100% freezing rate. Got into 3 matches, froze 3 times.

Xbox One first, PS4 second. Xbox One is quite a bit blurrier, a bit more than I expected. I think 1600x900 and not 1360x1080.

2G11RFp.png

acxUM5o.jpg

Iv3c8Yv.png

RCqLpCb.jpg

LRNrixS.png

mpApktw.jpg

Pachimari

I'm on a 780 and I have textures on extra high, while everything else is high. And I have a framerate in the 90s. I'm on Windows 10 and have 16gb of DDR3 RAM.

Valkrai

Is anyone else getting headaches after playing this? The effects and the chromatic abberation on the font is making me feel nauseous. Black Ops 3 is the only game that's given me this effect before.

weshes195

So i just bought the game for pre-order on xbox because i couldn't wait, but i can't play the beta?

It just keeps on saying that i am too early and too wait for the game to come out.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having this mouse issue where it feels like you're covered in mud and have weights strapped to your biceps? Aiming is not fluid at all.

Fixed it, it was caused by Fraps (I wasn't recording, just using it for FPS).

I'm having MAJOR MAJOR freezing though, every second the game hitches. It's pretty much unplayable, even though I still dropped 40 frags that match lol. I can't wait until I get this working properly.

Top Bottom