• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

kie25

Sound seems 'broken'. There's nothing just after the first corner where you are showing how close to the left barrier you came :(. It comes back after crossing the lake and during the 180turn.

I've just watched it and it's fine? Asked my friend to check he said it's fine weird? Maybe youtube was playing up b4 as I've had things like that happen in past :)

-Amon-

I've just watched it and it's fine? Asked my friend to check he said it's fine weird? Maybe youtube was playing up b4 as I've had things like that happen in past :)

Just watched, i was interested in it because i passed it some time ago and remember everything quite well, sound is ok for me.

While we're at it, i'm not a big fan of all that time spent on gravel, but i understand that to be real fast you have to use every inch.

How does gravel really works in driveclub ? I know it slows you down on purpose and you pratically stop accelerating while on it. But apart from that ? any grip penalties ? It looks like you can brake full power with no problems with two tires on it and two tires on asphalt.

Sorry for the dumb questions but as i said before i stay on the road as much as i can.

kie25

Just watched, i was interested in it because i passed it some time ago and remember everything quite well, sound is ok for me.

While we're at it, i'm not a big fan of all that time spent on gravel, but i understand that to be real fast you have to use every inch.

How does gravel really works in driveclub ? I know it slows you down on purpose and you pratically stop accelerating while on it. But apart from that ? any grip penalties ? It looks like you can brake full power with no problems with two tires on it and two tires on asphalt.

Sorry for the dumb questions but as i said before i stay on the road as much as i can.

It basically helps you brake a little but it also means your opening the corner up so you can take a smaller angle through the bend, less angle = more speed carried out the corner, which then carries on down the straight :) when it comes to project etc I keep it as clean as I can as it's faster but Driveclub gravel doesn't really punnish, it actually helps as long as you try keep 2 wheels on Tarmac most the time :)

kie25

Great guide, this one was one the hardest so far for me.

Currently stuck on 67 I think, maybe your guide will be out before I beat it :D.

Is that the kobago reverse one?

I'm just gona get footage for 64 now 65 hopefully in few days got 66 done so hopefully by weekend 67 may be done as it's one my fav tracks :) I'll try my hardest to get up to date :)

-Amon-

It basically helps you brake a little but it also means your opening the corner up so you can take a smaller angle through the bend, less angle = more speed carried out the corner, which then carries on down the straight :) when it comes to project etc I keep it as clean as I can as it's faster but Driveclub gravel doesn't really punnish, it actually helps as long as you try keep 2 wheels on Tarmac most the time :)

Understood. Guess i'll have to start exploiting that meter of gravel on corner entry then.

Thank you.

Is that the kobago reverse one?

I'm just gona get footage for 64 now 65 hopefully in few days got 66 done so hopefully by weekend 67 may be done as it's one my fav tracks :) I'll try my hardest to get up to date :)

Did the Audi yesterday, was an absolute bitch to me as it's so hard to make up lost time. Now I'm swearing at the RUF! for 64 Hopefully they will patch in the better handling soon!

kie25

Did the Audi yesterday, was an absolute bitch to me as it's so hard to make up lost time. Now I'm swearing at the RUF! for 64 Hopefully they will patch in the better handling soon!

The ruf is perfect doesn't need any handling changes, they are changing the hyper ruf I believe but even that I think handles fine. The performance ruf I don't think is getting any changes, I've finished the editing for the 64 guide I just need to voice it today then upload it, so hopefully may be on my channel later :)

The ruf is perfect doesn't need any handling changes, they are changing the hyper ruf I believe but even that I think handles fine. The performance ruf I don't think is getting any changes, I've finished the editing for the 64 guide I just need to voice it today then upload it, so hopefully may be on my channel later :)

Perfect? I just cannot get to grips with it, maybe as it has no grip! Guess I will keep on trying.

kie25

Perfect? I just cannot get to grips with it, maybe as it has no grip! Guess I will keep on trying.

Yes it is a hard car to master probably one the hardest, it's the car that caused me most trouble with the wheel months bk, as i was finding it so hard to catch the oversteer, but now it feels great, I do prefer oversteer over understeer though, what time are you on now? What is the target time for 64 aswell? I can't remember I know my guide time is 1.35.3 but after I edited the guide I got 35.1 I think.

Yes it is a hard car to master probably one the hardest, it's the car that caused me most trouble with the wheel months bk, as i was finding it so hard to catch the oversteer, but now it feels great, I do prefer oversteer over understeer though, what time are you on now? What is the target time for 64 aswell? I can't remember I know my guide time is 1.35.3 but after I edited the guide I got 35.1 I think.

I'm about 2.2 seconds over the time, can't remember the actual time, in work right now, just know I was pulling my hair out last night at it. Will keep going and keep swearing at the screen though.

le-seb

Finally came back to this game, pretty excited to try driving using my shifter, only to find out that the TH8RS is still not supported.
Come on guys, there cannot be so many differences between the TH8PA and the TH8RS...

desu

I remember the first time I played that one. Thought the car controls like absolute shit. However after some time the RUF just clicked with me, it just controls very differently from most other cars which makes it harder. Thought the car + track combo was a loooot of fun in the end (once you get a feel for the car).

I remember the first time I played that one. Thought the car controls like absolute shit. However after some time the RUF just clicked with me, it just controls very differently from most other cars which makes it harder. Thought the car + track combo was a loooot of fun in the end (once you get a feel for the car).

Ah well guess a fresh day and all that, beaten on 3rd attempt.

EGkU7Lt.jpg

kie25

Excellent vid bud, I think a lot of peeps will find this series you're doing very handy in getting the Elite levels :)

Thanks :) yes hopefully get up to date before update comes then I can try get all the next level guides out over a few day period as I'll record each as I do them :)

W!CK!D

Banned
I have a problem and I'm sorry if this has been answered before.

Since SCE launched the DC PS+ Edition a couple of weeks ago, I can't play Driveclub anymore except for Time Trials in India. Every other track or even doing things again I already did a long time ago (how is it called where you unlock stuff? 'Tour' or something?) requires me to purchase the upgrade to the full version. But I'm level 38! I already payed money for DC (20€ or something) a while ago to play Japan when I had some credit on PSN left and I loved playing it online. I even purchased the Ferrari stuff. Now, the only thing I can do is time trialing India.

This can't be working as intended, can it? I already restored my licenses multiple time. Anyone got help for me?

Since SCE launched the DC PS+ Edition a couple of weeks ago, I can't play Driveclub anymore except for Time Trials in India. Every other track or even doing things again I already did a long time ago (how is it called where you unlock stuff? 'Tour' or something?) requires me to purchase the upgrade to the full version. But I'm level 38! I already payed money for DC (20€ or something) a while ago to play Japan when I had some credit on PSN left and I loved playing it online. I even purchased the Ferrari stuff. Now, the only thing I can do is time trialing India.

This can't be working as intended, can it? I already restored my licenses multiple time. Anyone got help for me?

Are you launching the right version? I'm sure someone mentioned about there being two versions to download, maybe you've downloaded the PS+ version by mistake and not your purchased one?

W!CK!D

Banned
Are you launching the right version? I'm sure someone mentioned about there being two versions to download, maybe you've downloaded the PS+ version by mistake and not your purchased one?

I just looked up my past transactions: I purchased the "DC PS+ Upgrade" version in January for 22€. I'm now redownloading this Upgrade version through my library. I hope that'll work. PSN Store only allows me to download the standard "DC PS+" version and also wants me to pay 25€ for "DC PS+ Upgrade" version even though I already purchased it.

I just looked up my past transactions: I purchased the "DC PS+ Upgrade" version in January for 22€. I'm now redownloading this Upgrade version through my library. I hope that'll work. PSN Store only allows me to download the standard "DC PS+" version and also wants me to pay 25€ for "DC PS+ Upgrade" version even though I already purchased it.

Hopefully that will work for you then.

5taquitos

Did you accidentally download the PS+ edition when grabbing your free games for the month, and now you're launching it instead of your original copy?

Edit: beaten badly.

Shaneus

The photo thread is gonna buckle.
I'm okay with this. But only if people use solid hosts and not imgur. I can't remember what one of the other free ones was, but I think even Abload compresses slightly. Maybe I'll just start using Flickr, Google or Dropbox to host.

Duallusion

That gif (and others) is a glimpse of how a PS5 remaster might look like in 4K and I'd buy the shit out of it. Coupled with second gen VR tech possibilities and my oh my, I'm already salivating at the thought ...

Hopefully they do it, even if PS5 ends up being backwards compatible (and rightfully so).

(Sorry; my mind wanders while waiting for that still-MIA season 2 info!)

Top Bottom