• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

Ugh, just looking at some promo images and noticed that Double VIP points runs from Oct. 1-4, and the free Holiday Train set doesn't go live until Oct. 13. For some reason I thought both were happening on Oct. 1st and I was going to order the Fairground Mixer that day to snag both offers.

Bii

I think I'm going to go for the new Millennium Falcon, Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle and a few odds and ends during that double VIP promo period. Gonna use my Discover card to get 5% cashback as well.

Ponn

Banned
Ugh, just looking at some promo images and noticed that Double VIP points runs from Oct. 1-4, and the free Holiday Train set doesn't go live until Oct. 13. For some reason I thought both were happening on Oct. 1st and I was going to order the Fairground Mixer that day to snag both offers.

Supposedly from an employee they changed it so double VIP is going to run for the first two weeks instead now. If thats the case you can still get both but you will have to wait till mid month.

taoofjord

What's the best site to catalog the sets you own?

Edit: Scratch that. Just started using Brickset. I entered everything I own and discovered that I've spent a little over $1,000 on Lego sets since I started collecting two months ago. My god. On the plus side, I'm going into hibernation for the next four months and I'll be mostly be doing MOCs from here on out. Not to mention that I've also run out of space to display stuff.

I wish there was some word on whether the Double Points event was coming to the UK/EU as well. I'm dying for more modulars but am impatiently waiting just in case!

I wish there was some word on whether the Double Points event was coming to the UK/EU as well. I'm dying for more modulars but am impatiently waiting just in case!

Usually they're having double VIP 2 X a year in the EU as well as far as i know... so there's a fat chance it will be in October, as a Lego Store employee "semi-confirmed" it to me as well

I went to the toy store and searched out the last two CMF:s I needed, the witch and the cheerleader. This is the first time I've ever completed a minifig series, and I didn't really need to do it for this one (there's a few I could have lived without) but it's really great overall.

Fishlake

Some supposed Nexo set name were revealed on a german site.

www.dein-wohnstil.de/Nexo-Merlocks-Buecherei-20-Exklusiv-Ve

Ultimate Monster Master (translate came up as "MasTer", not the "MasHer" that's listed in the original post.
Chaos Coach Monster Master
Fortrex - The Rolling Fortress
Merlocks Library (exclusive)
The Mech King

And a few odd-ball items:

Nexo Innovations Display (small and standard)
Nexo Sweepstakes Package
Nexo Window Decoration
Nexo Lama

Give me the bloody library, I don't care if it is steampunk or fantasy.

Rootbeer

Banned
Must hold strong for Double VIP.. why do they have to put the holiday train right at the tail end, such torture! Hope the things I won't don't sell out by then.

kms_md

Anyone else's Poe's X-wing get delayed from shop@home? I ordered early morning on release day and have had shipment delayed twice.

Oh really? Sweet!

There's also the Winter Toy Shop coming too now that I think about it...(I don't have the 2009 set)

Just did a LEGO store run during lunch. They had the Winter Toy Shop on the shelf already. I will swoop that sucker up during double VIP points and hopefully they'll have Santa's Workshop during double VIP.

I went to the toy store and searched out the last two CMF:s I needed, the witch and the cheerleader. This is the first time I've ever completed a minifig series, and I didn't really need to do it for this one (there's a few I could have lived without) but it's really great overall.

I'll be getting multiples of the zombie Cheerleader. 3+.

I complained about the CMF 14 zombies faces not being generic enough, but now I think the cheerleader has an OK generic female zombie print. The fact that it's a bit cheerful does reduce the usability of it a bit.

Pirate zombie, while nice, the face is too specific for reuse. Will only get 1 of those.

Issue I have with Zombie businessman face print being reusable is that he has glasses. Glasses make the face more distinctive. I'll probably end up getting 2-3 of them.

ghostmind

Nexo Knights set descriptions, via CM4Sci on EuroBricks:

General facts - logo is legit, the name is indeed Nexo Knights (in case you still don't believe me for some reason :wink:) Boxes are dark blue with a firey orange to yellow sci fi- sort of border. Main Nexo Knight colors are blue and grey with a lot of trans neon reddish-orange (Ice Planet 2002) The shield in the logo is a piece that appears a LOT. Set designs are.. pretty wacky. Zero steampunk. Knights are orange, green, blue, I think white, and maybe a few more. Clay is white and grey, but there's another grey/white knight.

70310 Knighton Disc Launchers - Small thing with two wheels (they're old wheels, only set I remember is Rocket Ride from Spongebob) with two disc shooters. Two long stick things with new NERO blade pieces. Knight is grey with new blue armor piece, and the weird helmet that looks like a dish and a round thing on top. Weird. Bad guy is all red with a black Tomahawk Warrior mohawk.

70311 Chaos Catapult - Appears to be a dark brown/black thing with TNRO bits on the side. A blue knight. I can't see a bad guy but I'm assuming he's controlling the catapult.

70312 Lance's Robo Horse - Really weird design. Rather skinny, those plain angled Technic things in blue are literally the limbs. Odd red wheel hanging from the chest in the middle. Plain white figure with grey armor on the back (presumably all prelim) Flick fire! All I can really make out.

70313 Monster Masher thing right? - Can not make anything out. I am sorry. Giant black blob with NERO rock (think the Crystal King thing from Power Miners, those slope pieces) piece. Looks like there's a small escape pod or something. Green/grey knight and black/red (with dark red Chima fists) minifigures.

70314 'The chaotic chariot of Beast Master' - Giant monster podracer. The two "pods" are round spheres. Top half is the normal dome cockpit screen piece (I forgot what they're called for some reason, lol) with yellow angry eyes. Bottom half are teeth. They can open and close. Looks pretty cool, honestly. The cockpit area is dark red, fire coming out, catapult behind "Beast Master" who is red and darkred. TNRO chain pieces connect the pods to the pilot area. Small Nexo Knight aircraft, I think it might be a dragon? Once again, blue, grey, and TNRO. Shield piece.

70315 Clay's Blade Cruiser - Err. Hm. I think LEGO's made a similar shaped set before. It's.. got a giant blade piece we've seen before in grey going down the middle, on it is the classic castle sword, the chrome one. Mars Mission wheels in grey. Two robo-knights (pretty simple build, I can remake if anyone wants) on each side. In the driver's area is a new windshield, it looks really cool, like a V (which I can also draw if someone wants) More TNRO! Looks like not only TNRO, but normal trans orange. On the sides of the driver are dark blue fin pieces. Spring shooter (with nothing on top, looks really.. plain) in the back. Minifigures include Clay, two Robo Knights, a bag guy, and a small red creature. Bad guy is black and red, Shredder shoulderpads and what looks like the old Castle helmet (think Evil Knight from CMF) but with the tooth pieces in orange on the side.

70316 Jestro's Companions of Darkness - It looks like a big steamroller with an evil jester face on front with a small weird looking tower in the back. Both sides have giant trans orange wheels. Left is covered in black, left is covered in red. The jester head is, err.. odd. Lots of teeth, The "hat" is made of [Garmadon Lair spider legs] with small spheres on the ends. Inside the mouth are TNRO saw blade (Power Miners, the really small set) The middle has a treasure chest. Two catapults using the bottom halves of Rock Raider boulders in TNRO with white new Chima claws around them are on each side, one black, one red. At the back is the weird tower. There's a random dark blue door there with a slit in the middle, I think it's a new piece. Something is behind it. Above that is Jestro and a flag with spikes coming out behind him. In front of the.. vehicle is a brick built monster with a minifigure head and a new helmet, along with a new 1x1 plate with a spike, sort of a pyramid. Connected with the TNRO chains. Small robo dragon from the Nexo side, grey/blue/trans-orange. Has what looks like a lance made with the long antenna piece in TNRO. (The normal robot claw piece is in orange, that's new) and a grey knight with the new shield (this one is gold and.. well, looks important.) Minifigures are Jestro (Looks like main bad guy, he's on all boxes. Harley headpiece, red and purple, red cape, weird purple/orange glowy staff thing?) two mini red creatures, a barrel? and a Nexo Knight. Big monster guy is also counted as a minifigure.

70317 Giant Moving Castle thing - Giant blue castle on tank treads. No joke. Lots of TNRO, grey, blue. dark blue doors (Jestro set) and a new sort of flat shield brick/piece thing is all around. There are 4 tank treads, two flat ones in the back, and two that slope upwards in the front (don't really know how to describe_ In the middle is a giant drawbridge that a flyer can zoom out of. Behind it is a giant TNRO banner with a doodle of a wizard on it, probably preliminary. More TNRO chains. Two tall towers in the front, both have the giant six stud shooters. Giant TNRO banners on the top. The back it just blue walls, some shooters, and there's an undead robot chef that uses the Ninjago skeleton parts with a possibly shorter torso? The baddies have a neat dark red, firey monster flyer that shoots dics. Minifigures are Blue Nexo, Green Nexo (both have an interesting visor I can doodle on request) a really really prelim sort of big-fig (minifigure legs, new mold upper half, big) with an axe that uses the same blades as the ones in Knighton Disc, the wizard banner is shown as a minifigure, two fire creatures, and flyer bad guy.

ghostmind

What's TNRO?

Trans-Neon Reddish-Orange

8v912DF.jpg

Fishlake

Nexo descriptions sound amazing I think I will enjoy this line a lot. A whole castle on treads I have got to see. I wonder if it is similar to the one extremely large Power Miners vehicle 10 that became a huge command tower.

Edit:
Drawings from eurobricks of the Nexo sets. User CM4Sci
moving fortresss
bYgboaq.png

jestro
O8N2ttR.png

monster pod racer
cFV4aoh.png

robo horse
KCaynnl.png

blade cruiser
wos6SeD.jpg

Huh. Not really exciting by the sounds of it, unless there's some good parts. I like both Castle and Space/Ice Planet but I'd like to have them separate, please.

Interesting that there's talk of dragons here too. I noticed in footage of the minifigure online game that it has a new smaller dragon mold alongside the regular Castle one. Maybe this is something that will be used across Nexo Knights and Elves?

Keaner

Neo Member
Nexo descriptions sound amazing I think I will enjoy this line a lot. A whole castle on treads I have got to see. I wonder if it is similar to the one extremely large Power Miners vehicle 10 that became a huge command tower.

Edit:
moving fortresss
bYgboaq.png

jestro
O8N2ttR.png

monster pod racer
cFV4aoh.png

robo horse
KCaynnl.png

blade cruiser
wos6SeD.jpg

Doesn't sound like I'd be into the series as a whole, but I absolutely adore these drawings.

Ponn

Banned
My 10 year old self would probably be ecstatic for those Nexo Knights but so far i'm just liking them less and less with the more news that leaks. Steampunk meets Castle sounded freaking awesome and then it all went downhill from there. Looks like a great replacement for Chima for kids though.

neonglow

I might be interested in the horse set but everything else doesn't sound appealing. I guess I'll wait once the first images pop up.

Edit:
moving fortresss

Best spoiler images ever!
I hope it's a theme I won't have any interest. Same goes for the minifigs.
Might have some interest in the parts like the "pod racer" heads.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like something I would have loved as a kid :) Not so much these days though, although that horse seems to look pretty cool.

Toxi

Banned

Edit:
moving fortresss
bYgboaq.png

jestro
O8N2ttR.png

monster pod racer
cFV4aoh.png

robo horse
KCaynnl.png

blade cruiser
wos6SeD.jpg
Am I the only one getting a Warhammer 40,000 vibe from these? Something about the combination of medieval and sci-fi elements with the ridiculously impractical and exaggerated design that favors form over function.

Amiibro

Does anyone happen to sell bricks here that is willing to piece together the Wall E head fix parts? I have absolutely no technic parts to start out with. I'm down with buying them as long as it's not too expensive. I don't want to put the set together with the family and have them disappointed because we can't put him in cool poses.

teeny

Does anyone happen to sell bricks here that is willing to piece together the Wall E head fix parts? I have absolutely no technic parts to start out with. I'm down with buying them as long as it's not too expensive. I don't want to put the set together with the family and have them disappointed because we can't put him in cool poses.

Have you heard of / tried BrickLink?

I used it myself for the first time recently and it's very cool, though takes a bit of practice to navigate.

Osahi

I hope the X-wing woes are over when Double VIP hits (if it hits in Europe). You can't add it to your bag anymore on the Europe S@H for now... :/

Amiibro

Just got an email about the Lego Winter Toy Shop going live for VIP members early. Just ordered mine.

Have you heard of / tried BrickLink?

I used it myself for the first time recently and it's very cool, though takes a bit of practice to navigate.

I tried and I have no idea what parts are needed or how to even get proper price quotes on it or shipping prices...

Wait, before anticipating that holiday train too much now... was it ever even confirmed we're getting this one at all in Europe or is this a US only thing?

also: speaking of US exclusives, does anyone know ANYTHING about the second Ultra Agents Wave here in Europe? So far not a SINGLE thing either in stores, nor amazon, nor the Lego Store and the year is almost over, what gives?

I NEED dat Ocean HQ :(((

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I just got back from a business trip to Cologne, and went to the LEGO shop there. My gawd! It was my first visit to an official LEGO shop, and I really had to contain myself to not go all-out (money is tight). I just grabbed some small stuff that isn't available in Belgium, mainly some Mixels. I really wanted a Scooby Doo set but only the bigger sets appeal to me, so unfortunately those weren't an option...

It was so awesome to see all those big sets built in the store tough. Especially the modulars. Someday, someday ...

As I learned from someone else in this thread (I can't remember who), simply putting a small piece of tape over the technic pin that's causing the issue does wonders.

EDIT: Man, they are stingy with those VIP points. They round down to 3 VIP points for $3.99? I'm sure they total everything before rounding down, but still it's $0.01 to round up.

This is going back a few days but I just noticed this in the VIP FAQ and remembered your post:

"Please note: You are earning partial points for your purchases, but these points do not show up in your online confirmation or account history. They will be added to your account and accrue in your points balance. For example, if the LEGO item is £9.99, you are earning 9.99 points, but it will appear as if you have only earned 9."

So yeah, you're getting 3.99 VIP points there, it just displays as 3 until you get 0.01 more. (I assume the US terms are the same as the UK ones)

BigHow

Neo Member
Gah! Waiting for Double VIP has bit me in the ass and it looks like the Sea Cow is Sold Out forever on S@H. :(

I'll just have to hope one of the LA area stores still has it in-stock.

This is going back a few days but I just noticed this in the VIP FAQ and remembered your post:

"Please note: You are earning partial points for your purchases, but these points do not show up in your online confirmation or account history. They will be added to your account and accrue in your points balance. For example, if the LEGO item is £9.99, you are earning 9.99 points, but it will appear as if you have only earned 9."

So yeah, you're getting 3.99 VIP points there, it just displays as 3 until you get 0.01 more. (I assume the US terms are the same as the UK ones)

Good to know. Thanks!
Easy to see how that isn't obvious though and I would expect many to think like I did.

3N16MA

Banned
Gah! Waiting for Double VIP has bit me in the ass and it looks like the Sea Cow is Sold Out forever on S@H. :(

I'll just have to hope one of the LA area stores still has it in-stock.

It might pop back up. It was gone in August or early September and then reappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom