• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, just got general grevious. I knew he was huge but damn. And he looks awesome too. Probably one of my favorite constraction figures ever, including all of Bionicle and hero factory. Hell he is my favorite. Just so good. Only issue I have is that the feet can't rotate up and down without the ankle joint popping off which limits posability.

neonglow

The first image of a Nexo Knight set has leaked. I think it's Moltor’s Lava Launcher (70313). I'll just link to it since it's a preliminary set.

I'm not really sure what it is but it doesn't look very appealing. It almost feels like another iteration of those minifigure scale Bionicle sets.

http://i.imgur.com/QBVv4tK.png

Holy shit, just got general grevious. I knew he was huge but damn. And he looks awesome too. Probably one of my favorite constraction figures ever, including all of Bionicle and hero factory. Hell he is my favorite. Just so good. Only issue I have is that the feet can't rotate up and down without the ankle joint popping off which limits posability.

Can't wait to build him as well... So far i only built Cody and i think he looks amazing already... Shame i won't have an actual opponent for my Vader to fight though since i'm not gonna get Luke :(

The first image of a Nexo Knight set has leaked. I think it's Moltor’s Lava Launcher (70313). I'll just link to it since it's a preliminary set.

I'm not really sure what it is but it doesn't look very appealing. It almost feels like another iteration of those minifigure scale Bionicle sets.

It's not April 1st is it? Taking that one with a grain of salt on validity. I don't recognize any parts...is that even LEGO? That does not belong in the regular LEGO system sets.

Fowler

It's not April 1st is it? Taking that one with a grain of salt on validity. I don't recognize any parts...is that even LEGO? That does not belong in the regular LEGO system sets.

Haha, the only part I recognise is the drill from Bane's tank:

2011-12-30_15-13-05_356-600x433.jpg

neonglow

You might be right after taking another look at it. I just assumed the pieces were mostly Bionicle which I'm not really familiar with.

As an avid Bionicle fan I don't even recognize any of the pieces. Maybe that's CCBS underneath and these sets are coming with a LOT of new molds/armor pieces? Or could it be a new constraction system?

Fishlake

Everything looks like a new mold on it so I'm guessing fake. I have no problem if all those pieces are new though.

Since Echo Base has thankfully been pushed back to 2016, that means the only big set left for the year is the Toy Shop reissue, correct? Well, and Doctor Who supposedly on December 1st, but that isn't a monstrous set.

I can't think of any other big sets left, which means a merciful few months of either no purchases or catching up on some stuff I missed the first time. Thinking Sandcrawler for double VIP then so I can be all caught up on UCS stuff.

And I asked this last page, but with double VIP now going two weeks, is there an overlap with the day to get the free train?

Built Wall-E with my GF this morning.

aNLnqtE.jpg

Wasn't that bad even with no numbered bags. Just sorted out two of the bigger bags with the plates and tiles, and everything else stayed in it's bag dumped into a small tupperware container.

Koren

Found (and bought) a Wall-E this afternoon...

I'm interested in the list of pieces needed for the head mod, if someone has it (I don't recognize a couple of pieces, and it's awfully difficult to find them on Bricklink)

Why is the X-Wing $80?

Why is the TIE Fighter $100?
Beside, TIE/In has been designed to be a cheap fighter, why is it more expensive than an X-Wing? ^_^

Yeah, I'm not planning on getting any of the force awakens sets besides reys speeder since they're so overpriced. That tie fighter is a ridiculously low value. Usually lego is good at sticking to a good value price but they dropped the ball here. Might get kylo rens ship as a Christmas present depending on how much I like the new movie but that's still a bad value, $120 for a 1000 piece set... I think getting a modular like the detective office with over twice the pieces for a similar price is far a better option.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Lego Wall-E 01 by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

Lego Wall-E 02 by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

Lego Wall-E 03 by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

This is definitely one gorgerous bot. I used a variation on the McVeigh fix for the neck and it works great. I'm quite happy with him despite the problems, but I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't have a bunch of spare Technic parts to fix the initial problem.

Great photos!

Need to search out a good fix for the neck too. I have a lot of technic pieces but not sure about some of the joints..

Toxi

Banned

I see what looks like a Rhotuka spinner; considering those things were complete ass to play with and were from 2005, I'm gonna call fake.

Fishlake

When I went out for Super Mario Maker I saw 2 of the glow mixels, Glowbert and Boogly. I've been wanting these and they never were around when I went out looking. Now if only I could find the last one at a decent price.

Hmmm. There are a handful of parts in there I don't have, and many tied up with the Tumbler now. I am tempted to tear it down to try and make this though.

Saw this on facebook this morning, must have!

12004712_10153586894193769_7361135110305359845_n.jpg

I wonder how widely available it will be. Seems like Mighty Jaxx is manufacturing them.
I will definitely get one.

http://thetoychronicle.com/news/anatomy-lego-mini-fig-by-jason-freeny-x-mighty-jaxx/

http://www.streetrobot.com/jason-fr...icro-anatomic-lego-figure-drops-in-september/

EDIT: Looks like the artist is Jason Freeny. He has done the same treatment to other pop culture toys and icons as well. His website: http://moistproduction.com/

wetwired

Supposably they'll be $20 each but from what I read it seemed like they're being sold today only at some con in singapore and any leftovers will go online. Not sure if it's exclusive to that con only + spares online or if there's more.

There's one transparent one on ebay atm for USD$35 but it looks meh compared to the solid coloured ones, kinda pointless to make it clear if you ask me, you can barely see all the detail. I have a friend in Brunei who has friends at that con right now so I've asked if he can contact them while they're there to get me some.

Seems like some Poe's X-Wing sets have defective canopy issues. Quality control issues are popping up more and more.

I had an issue with canopy a year or two ago. It was for a Batman set. LEGO having the great customer service they have sent me a free replacement.

It's interesting to read the comments. Here's Bricksets post on it. http://brickset.com/article/16630

Ummmmm that guy sold it for $999... i'm gonna have a hard time holding onto mine. I must though... I must!

For that price, sell it! Bricklink the parts and make your own. May get pricey on those rare parts though if they are even available anymore. I can see people buying up all the rare parts and selling exact replicas if they go for a few hundred dollars. Can't remember who posted the part where there were very few of them left on Bricklink (that was a few weeks ago too).

EDIT: Found the posts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175752762&postcount=14282
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175757835&postcount=14285

Markus

Ummmmm that guy sold it for $999... i'm gonna have a hard time holding onto mine. I must though... I must!

Not sure if he actually sold it, the page shows the listing "ended", and it doesn't show up when you search for "sold" items.

But there's a second dude with a new listing, auction starting at US$1000, buy it now at US$2500!

I think he's being a bit optimistic, to say the least.

Seems like some Poe's X-Wing sets have defective canopy issues. Quality control issues are popping up more and more.

I had an issue with canopy a year or two ago. It was for a Batman set. LEGO having the great customer service they have sent me a free replacement.

It's interesting to read the comments. Here's Bricksets post on it. http://brickset.com/article/16630

I have a set with an incorrect part. The first I've heard ever had, out of hundreds of thousands of parts. Annoying to say the least :(

Woorloog

Banned

Well i'll be damned!
There's half a millimeter gap between the front edge and the plate it's on. Feels like it doesn't stay down.

I could just sent a complaint to Lego's customer service and get a replacement?

EDIT Oh, and BB-8 doesn't stay on studs, i had to modify the droid slot with a 2x2 plate (instead of the 2x2 jumper plate) so that it would stay there. Is this also a defect?

Well i'll be damned!
There's half a millimeter gap between the front edge and the plate it's on. Feels like it doesn't stay down.

I could just sent a complaint to Lego's customer service and get a replacement?

EDIT Oh, and BB-8 doesn't stay on studs, i had to modify the droid slot with a 2x2 plate (instead of the 2x2 jumper plate) so that it would stay there. Is this also a defect?

My BB-8 (from Millennium Falcon) sits pretty well on a stud, but since it's in the middle and he's round, it's easy to knock him loose.

Woorloog

Banned
My BB-8 (from Millennium Falcon) sits pretty well on a stud, but since it's in the middle and he's round, it's easy to knock him loose.

How easy? Because i swear a light push is enough to knock him off, far less force needed than any other thing.
Could be intentional but i wonder...

How easy? Because i swear a light push is enough to knock him off, far less force needed than any other thing.
Could be intentional but i wonder...

I did a quick test. The BB-8 body does connect pretty loosely. The R2 body is more solid but there is also more leverage since it's a higher piece. The flower pot (introduced with Parisian Restaurant) is pretty damn solid. Those two have slight squarish edges on the antistud which give more clutch. BB-8 is almost perfectly round.

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder if it is intended to be that loose or if that is an accidental side-effect of the anti-stud being so round? Or if it should be tighter than that but is flawed?

*Shrug*

Probably will ask customer support while asking about the Poe's X-wing canopy.

Markus

Just noticed this 3rd party product listed under "Lego" at Toysrus.com (available online and in store). Thought someone might find this useful.

BrickWarriors Warrior Pack Wave 1 $3.49

"Equip your minifigures with new weapons, helmets, and armor! Each pack contains 5 accessories to outfit a different character, including: Greek Hoplite, Alien Invader, Two Headed Ogre, Wild West Bandito, Modern Soldier, Witchdoctor, 1920s Gangster, Galaxy Enforcer, Thraex Gladiator, Winged Demon, Retiarius Gladiator, and Philistine. Colors may vary."

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=70528126&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.31151746&parentPage=family

neonglow

Just noticed this 3rd party product listed under "Lego" at Toysrus.com (available online and in store). Thought someone might find this useful.

"Equip your minifigures with new weapons, helmets, and armor! Each pack contains 5 accessories to outfit a different character, including: Greek Hoplite, Alien Invader, Two Headed Ogre, Wild West Bandito, Modern Soldier, Witchdoctor, 1920s Gangster, Galaxy Enforcer, Thraex Gladiator, Winged Demon, Retiarius Gladiator, and Philistine. Colors may vary."

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=70528126&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.31151746&parentPage=family

The packaging looks similar to the CMF series. I can see some angry parents buying this and realizing the blind bags don't have an actual minifigure inside.

The pistol, hammerburst assault rifle, and shotgun there are straight up from Gears of War. Interesting.

Ryuuroden

Had a good comic con. Orthanc was well received. Another cool thing that happened was that I won the raffle drawing 1st prize. It was the UCS Tumbler. Since I already own one I plan on taking it to the lego store and trading it in to get the Ferris Wheel or pay for a big Portion of the Helicarrier. Most likely the Ferris Wheel and get the Helicarrier during double points.

Maengun1

Is the Fairground Mixer likely to go out of production soon? I'd seen them before, but just in the last week or so I'm getting this urge to get the Mixer and the new Ferris Wheel that came out this summer. I was thinking of saving up a bit and trying to pick them up around Christmas. I know the Wheel is pretty much new still, but the Mixer is a bit older, wondering if I should try to snap it up ASAP or if it's still probably gonna be safe to wait a couple months?

edit: ha, Ryuuroden, didn't even see your post right there. I'm not the only one with the Ferris Wheel on the mind!

3N16MA

Banned
Why is the X-Wing $80?

Why is the TIE Fighter $100?

I could get a whole AT-AT for $9 more.

I always wanted to know why the Red Five is $250 CAD as it only has 1559 pieces. Same price as The Tower of Orthanc (800 more pieces), same price as the Ferris Wheel (905 more pieces), $20 more than the Slave 1 (440 more pieces), $20 more than the Tie Fighter (126 more pieces), you get the picture.

The Star Wars tax on the Red Five out taxes the other UCS sets.

ghostmind

Bricktober returns to TRU this year:

mAMOmHd.jpg

These dates are for Hong Kong TRUs, so I'm thinking the North American releases will be a couple weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom