• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah i still need to get him too...

Right now though, i am WAY too enamored with Clone Commander Cody, i mean i had no IDEA just HOW poseable these guys really are!!! My first constraction set and i can already tell i will probably never be able to purchase a regular old Lego Mech again since they've got jack on these guys as far as posing is concerned!

Can't wait to have some fun with these:

Xp77i78.jpg

Also, Bonus pic:

First attempt at some rudimentary frame to fit in some of those little Mario Dangler things i have lying around into a frame and hopefully something presentable (i was going for some NSMB style color scheme i guess but i am lacking the pieces)

2amsSUB.jpg

Obviously you're not supposed to see the nylon wire, it's just this angle and lighting, IRL you can't see it!

Koren

I still have to buy it too (I've a slight hope to find it in stores saturday). I really like it, even if I haven't see the movie.

I'd buy a second one as a Xmas gift for my brother-in-law, but even if he's just got a child and thus is quite busy, it's still unprobable that he don't see it and buy one in the midtime... :/

About CMF14, is the price higher than usual? I usually buy them for 2.49€ or 2.99€, but I never looked closely the MSRP... It's 3.99€?

Osahi

I'm guessing that the Lego movie line will eventually be discontinued soon, along with ultra agent. The super cycle chase will soon be sold out permanently on lego S@H (and it's becoming rare in most stores I checked out recently), which is a not so subtle hint that it's time to collect what's left on the shelves.

The best sets in the Lego movie theme were considered to be (subjective, but still):

Benny's Spaceship X 3 ( I own)
MetalBeard's Sea Cow
Double-Decker Couch
Super Cycle Chase
Super Secret Police Dropship (I own)

I think those are the best for various reasons, right? It's either a great value for the money such as the DD couch and the amount of minifigs for the $$$ or great looking models + fun build.

Allready gone on euro s@h, appart from seacow. I want that one hard, but is too expensive for me. i'v got spaceship and dd couch

To anyone that has Wall-e:

How possible/difficult would it be to MOC the area above his eyes with hinges to give him eyebrows like he has in the movie?

Jimbro72

So are you all like me and just waiting patiently until S@H gets their fixed versions in stock? That would be ideal if that happens right during double VIP pts.

Aside from being too poor to afford him (just went on a week-long vacation) we have a 30-day waiting period now on all new sets -_________-

chidrock

Modulars aside, now that I've got SPACESHIP! the Sea Cow is the one set I want more than any other. I'm finding it too hard to pay £170 for it though, and I think it's going to disappear before it goes down in price.

I have the Sea Cow and it is an awesome set. It's huge, was fun to build and looks good as a display even if you weren't into the movie. Definitely worth it if you are into pirates/steampunk things.

If you liked the movie, it comes with most of the main characters and the Mini-Metalbeard is also cool to have.

kitzkozan

Allready gone on euro s@h, appart from seacow. I want that one hard, but is too expensive for me. i'v got spaceship and dd couch

On the US / CAN website, Super cycle and Melting room are retiring soon and Lord Business' Evil Lair is sold out. Getaway slider is on the call for availability status. Seacow's is oos currently, but there's another shipment coming soon (september 21) which might be the last batch. The 2 in 1 sets are long gone, so it seems like 2015 is more or less the end of the line for the Lego movie theme. Canadian Wal Mart already cleared most of their Lego movie stock, so tomorrow I'll jump on Toys'R'Us canada offer and get some sets with a 20% discount (and using some Air miles money).

Jimbro72

Aside from being too poor to afford him (just went on a week-long vacation) we have a 30-day waiting period now on all new sets -_________-

Yikes, that sucks. I mean the discount is still worth the wait but talk about a buzzkill on hype for new sets when you have to wait a month to get anything you really want.

To anyone that has Wall-e:

How possible/difficult would it be to MOC the area above his eyes with hinges to give him eyebrows like he has in the movie?

Very hard. The top tiles are attached directly to the main parts of the eyes construction. There's not really much space to add hinges.

I have the Sea Cow and it is an awesome set. It's huge, was fun to build and looks good as a display even if you weren't into the movie. Definitely worth it if you are into pirates/steampunk things.

If you liked the movie, it comes with most of the main characters and the Mini-Metalbeard is also cool to have.

Yeah, I'd heard from someone else that it was a really cool build.

One day, I keep telling myself. One day.

Grabbed The Lonely Mountain today along with some extra CMF series 14 and the McLaren Speed Champions set. Can't wait to free Smaug from the box. I probably won't even build the play set.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Opened the Wall-E box, no numbered bags. Looks like I'll actually have to really sort out the pieces this weekend.

Do people just like to build quickly? When I built Wall-E I just poured all the pieces in the box and went digging when I needed a piece. Doing that just takes me back to being a kid.

Do people just like to build quickly? When I built Wall-E I just poured all the pieces in the box and went digging when I needed a piece. Doing that just takes me back to being a kid.

I open all the bags and make a big pile of large pieces, and then a smaller pile of tiny pieces, basically based on what the dominant size is in that particular bag I opened.

So it takes a while to find stuff, but at least you generally know where you're looking!

Osahi

Did the same. But missed the numbered bags anyway. It's a great system that allows for short burts of building the bigger sets when you don't have a whole afternoon available. I built the Falcon that way, two bags at a time.

teeny

Personally, I'm usually building whilst the other half watches TV or something. I used to put all of the pieces into a plastic box and root around but the noise drove us both insane. After doing the camper van like that, I separate the pieces and vastly prefer numbered bags.

Building still takes me ages :)

I managed to go halves with a friend and got Benny's Spaceship for £40 from the Entertainer deal posted a few pages back. Honestly, I wasn't too hot on the build until after the midway point when all the little details started to be applied. It's now probably one of my favourite ships and is sitting proudly next to the 9493 X-Wing and the Milano.

I wish I could afford the Sea Cow.

XShagrath

I did the exact same thing. While there were a couple of frustrating moments where I had to dig for several minutes to find the exact piece I needed, it's always extremely satisfying when you finally find it. Sorting the pieces beforehand takes away from that feeling (at least for me).

Osahi

First time since Force Friday I was in a toy shop today. First time being able to look at the TFA sets I didn't order @ s@h. The X-wing and Tie are biting my ass, but they are simply to expensive at the moment.

I use cheap plastic food bins for the pieces. I just dump a bag in each one and then go. The pieces are sorted enough already, but I still gotta search some. And eventually you figure out which bin has what. It also makes clean up easy if I have to go somewhere before finishing. Just stack the bins and put them on a shelf.

Man, comparing the Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle set to the pre-release pictures of the vehicle, LEGO didn't do it justice at all. Not only do the wings lack the ability to fold out, but the sleek black movie version looks little like the grey blocky LEGO set.

I've seen die-cast versions of it in both black & white, so it looks like no-one knew what colour it was going to be. None of them have the fold-down wings either, so it's possible the design was changed late in the day.

Didn't someone recently post a link about some script that would go through Bricklink to minimize the number of purchases you needed to make to get your wishlist at the lowest prices?

mojiimbo

So double VIP is now the first two weeks of October instead of just the first weekend. Also, new Mixels and the Thanksgiving seasonal set should start showing up week after next...

Man, comparing the Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle set to the pre-release pictures of the vehicle, LEGO didn't do it justice at all. Not only do the wings lack the ability to fold out, but the sleek black movie version looks little like the grey blocky LEGO set.

I really, really like the ship. I built it last weekend and was impressed.

I looked up the ship after the fact and you are right...the model is off. It is still an awesome build though. The main cockpit build is great.

So double VIP is now the first two weeks of October instead of just the first weekend. Also, new Mixels and the Thanksgiving seasonal set should start showing up week after next...

Just the US or Europe as well...?

I will probably grab one of the obligatory sets i still need sooner or later then like the DO or something

Bii

If that's the case, I'll wait to order the Star Wars Force Awakens sets until then.

neonglow

Just picked up Wall-E from Toys R Us while shopping for Amiibos this morning. It seems like a new shipment since it wasn't there during Force Friday.

TheFuzz

Where is the double VIP news coming from? Not doubting anyone I'm just curious. My local store said A LOT of stores complained because they compare year to year revenue and double VIP being shortened does a huge hit on their overall numbers, so hopefully that changed their plans.

ghostmind

Where is the double VIP news coming from? Not doubting anyone I'm just curious. My local store said A LOT of stores complained because they compare year to year revenue and double VIP being shortened does a huge hit on their overall numbers, so hopefully that changed their plans.

mojiimbo works at a LEGO store.

Ponn

Banned
So is there an overlap between double VIP and free holiday train then?

Would like to know as well. Doubt it, but hopeful even if only one day.

I've been putting the Mixer together today despite not feeling good (little ironic) and a few thoughts on the set so far. I get what the designer was doing with the set making it a family oriented set with the bags and instructions easily split for multiple people to build and all the play aspects. That's nice and I can see that as a draw but i'm just thinking of how much better the set could have been targeted as more of an AFOL or really as the box implies an Expert Creator set. The trucks are nice but when 2/3rd of the sets bags are dedicated to the 2 trucks is it really fair to call the set The Mixer? The trucks are going to be pretty much promptly disassembled and put into sorting drawers and only the Mixer and the couple stands will be left so all the collapsing gimmicks are really wasted and to me thats a shame. Those are all parts that could have been used to make either a better Mixer or bigger stands like maybe a shooting range or basketball game. The Mixer itself is actually ok so heck even leave the stands and Mixer as is but nix the trucks and lower the price. I just feel they may have been targeting the wrong audience by adding the trucks to this set and it just makes the set feel, I dont know, weird. The Ferris Wheel definitely felt different than this set and better overall so I hope they realized who their audience is for these carnival sets.

Rootbeer

Banned
I got my Sept/Oct issue of LEGO Club Magazine today. It has a wrap-around cover on top of the normal cover that says "Starting with the next issue, there's a big change coming! Look for your LEGO Club Magazine online! Details inside!"

It does not say rather paper versions will still be delivered or not. It does not say that they are discontinuing it, but AFAIK digital versions were already available before now so the message seems a little odd. Anyone know more about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom