• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin & MOTHER F**KING Punishment 2 is only 30 MOTHER F**KING DAYS AWAY

Dascu

img_stage_1.jpg
img_stage_2.jpg

img_stage_3.jpg
img_stage_4.jpg

img_stage_5.jpg
img_stage_6.jpg

img_stage_7.jpg
img_stage_8.jpg

img_stage_9.jpg
img_stage_10.jpg

Drool.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
JordanLMiller said:
Yes!! In the new screenshots they finally spelled "multiplier" right!
Boo. I was hoping for more of this:

doteater.jpg

This is what it looks like when Treasure localizes their games in-house.

Sixfortyfive said:
Boo. I was hoping for more of this:

doteater.jpg

This is what it looks like when Treasure localizes their games in-house.

Fucking christ. Hire one gaijin.

1000/yen an hour and you'll get better English than that.

Btw I went by the Treasure offices the other day stalker-style. Turns out they're only about 5 blocks from my house in Nakano. For the record their office doesn't look that hot. But they turn out crazy good games so who cares.

Tain

I started the original today, and yeah, I think the slow first couple stages alone guarantee that I'm not gonna play the game for score (or maybe even 1cc, tbh). Tons of cool bosses in the game, though, and I love the basic mechanics.

GhostSeed

Tain said:
I started the original today, and yeah, I think the slow first couple stages alone guarantee that I'm not gonna play the game for score (or maybe even 1cc, tbh). Tons of cool bosses in the game, though, and I love the basic mechanics.

Are you using the sword much? It makes the game much easier, especially the boss battles.

Tain

Are you using the sword much? It makes the game much easier, especially the boss battles.

Like a fiend.

TAW

TAW
TAW

I'm just sayin' the first two levels would be really really slow on repeated playthroughs is all.

SonSon2

God I am looking forward to this game.

But I hate HATE HATE the go-go boots on that dude. Seriously. Wear some sneakers. or shorter boots. Hell black boots even.

SYNTAX182

Damn that cover looks sweet. Hopefully they do the old Shiren DS cover switcheroo.

Yeah, main character looks like a boyscout, the girl kind.

Luigiv

SonSon2 said:
God I am looking forward to this game.

But I hate HATE HATE the go-go boots on that dude. Seriously. Wear some sneakers. or shorter boots. Hell black boots even.
Nothing quite as sexy as go-go boots and short shorts ;).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Luigiv said:
That's an epic improvement. Can't wait for this game.

It's literally like the "bump/specular mapping" option was turned on.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
SYNTAX182 said:
Damn that cover looks sweet. Hopefully they don't do the old Shiren DS cover switcheroo.
fixed ; )

All I hope is that i get to fight a
FUCKING PLANET
somewhere in this game. Though fighting an
entire alternate universe
would be acceptable

Mdk7

GhostSeed said:
The graphics have improved quite a bit since E3.

Old

2yxhw7l.jpg

New

2ag7zg1.jpg
O________O

Too bad that the main character looks still the same, that was my one and only (minor) complain: they just look a little too childish, i don't know... i don't dig the character design that much (while i LOVED -and still love- the N64 one).

Feep

Banned
I swear, I think I'm the only person on GAF who doesn't care for this game.

I played it at E3, and I was bored to tears. It's got style, but no substance. Of course, I didn't like the original, either, so I suppose if you're a fan, you're well and set.

And man, lack of anti-aliasing is really starting to hurt my eyes. Galaxy did it, dammit!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Feep said:
I swear, I think I'm the only person on GAF who doesn't care for this game.

I played it at E3, and I was bored to tears. It's got style, but no substance. Of course, I didn't like the original, either, so I suppose if you're a fan, you're well and set.

And man, lack of anti-aliasing is really starting to hurt my eyes. Galaxy did it, dammit!

You make it sound like Stretch Panic.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Game looks fantastic.
Seeing as there's no reason to expect a new classic-playing console Star Fox, or more importantly, a new, GOOD classic-playing console Star Fox, this is likely to be my rail shooter of the generation.

The only detriment to this game is that is stands to make the original unplayable to me. Potentially. I should probably import a CC Pro and give the original another couple of spins around the VC block before this comes out here.

I'm getting quite tempted to try out the original, I never really played an on-rail shooter other than Star Fox Assault and Lost World: Jurassic Park in the arcade.

I did TRY to play Wario World, but the damn disc I rented kept hopelessly freezing. :/

Will I end up joining the fan club and really enjoy the original even though I don't really play on-rail shooters? I'm more of a platformer and RPG person, and sports, specifically Mario's.

G.O.O.

Hero of Legend said:
I'm getting quite tempted to try out the original, I never really played an on-rail shooter other than Star Fox Assault and Lost World: Jurassic Park in the arcade.

I did TRY to play Wario World, but the damn disc I rented kept hopelessly freezing. :/

Will I end up joining the fan club and really enjoy the original even though I don't really play on-rail shooters? I'm more of a platformer and RPG person, and sports, specifically Mario's.
Hard to tell. It's not a miracle game that will make you love no matter what your tastes are. At best, it's a short but very good shooter, with an excellent targeting and deflecting system, and pretty unique too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So... http://gmstar.com/wii/tumitobatu.html

Japanese said:
Wiiリモコン、クラシックコントローラPROのほか、クラシックコントローラ、Wiiザッパー、 ゲームキューブコントローラ
でも操作できます。

Google Translate said:
Wii Remote, Classic Controller as well as PRO, Classic Controller, Wii Zapper, Gemukyubukontorora
Can interact with them.

Classic and GameCube Controller support confirmed? Not that I plan on using them.

Mdk7 said:
O________O

Too bad that the main character looks still the same, that was my one and only (minor) complain: they just look a little too childish, i don't know... i don't dig the character design that much (while i LOVED -and still love- the N64 one).

I don't have a problem with the character design (I think it gives them a punkish attribute that I love), but rather with the quality of the in-game models.

xpxx95.jpg

That's just ugly.

Daigoro

Nuclear Muffin said:
Twice the length is good! 2 hoursish is perfect for this kind of game. The original finished too quickly and you wouldn't really want an arcade style game to be any longer than 2 hours (I'm looking at you HOTDOverkill and REUC!)

i hope so. im still looking forward to it. im just trying not to set my hopes too high.i really love the first game.

Tain said:
Yeah, I'm planning on it. Classic controller is the better choice than the GC pad, right?

N64 controller all the way. :D

Treasure works from this mindset:

- Set game speed
- Make graphics work at game speed
- Force graphics down if it doesn't work
- Occasionally tweak things

damn, I really like Yasushi Suzuki's bizarre, waiflike artstyle

I wanted to support the domestic release but fuck that, I think I'm importing it!

Top Bottom