• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Home Official Thread

Norml

Took some shots with the new camera.

2bwi1z.jpg

dqlmx3.jpg

azezo8.jpg

28uqwpd.jpg

TTP said:
AFAIK is out for free.

it's automatically in your inventory when you load up Home.

the camera is pretty good, you can move around freely and do gestures or enter a first person mode with zoom.

inhfmb.jpg

don't you dare me calling me a fat princess

it automatically hides all names, icons and chatwindows. IMO no option to do otherwise.
Sadly it also doesn't capture any screen (video, image or game screens like highscores), e.g. here in the Singstar space:
xsj1f.jpg

9qydeo.jpg

actually I'm playing inFamous at the moment

I give you Rorschach with Adamantium claws for massive damage:
33ae8b7.jpg

So I saw some guy cockblocking another guy and wanted to take a picture of it stalker-style behind some plants, then this happened:
20tffgl.jpg

Your nickname displays that you're taking photos right now, I guess that attracts people :lol

1zas6e.jpg

oh and some non resized ones:
2q2kepg.jpg

The free Wolverine shirt is actually animated (the blood fades away and comes back)

rlg5u0.jpg

f06q1e.jpg

zoom:
1535z6a.jpg

I noticed the images are quite small in size, is the jpg compression setting in Home set "too" high?
Will take screens of Home in 1080p mode at a later time.

Hey guys theres gonna be a Halloween party in Home on Oct 30th at 11:59 pm(est) or 8:59 pm(pst)

and there will be a Zombie apartment added on Oct 15th, it's in this weeks edition of Pulse

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Some pics I just took from USA and EU Homes

People love to be pictured. And damn, I thought the PSPgo was smaller than that.
ehj1h5.jpg

Odd guy #3872
29ktlav.jpg

Of course people love to dance too.
30w8cwg.jpg

Me and my Batmobile
24kwk1w.jpg

Batcave is a nice place to show off glowing eyes.
ojkwpd.jpg

But of course Visari palace is better and more fitting
eks2dg.jpg

Not to mention Visari palace is awesome place to begin with because it has animated light steams coming from the open ceiling...
kdu1wi.jpg

... a great view...
9gzknq.jpg

... and a comfortable throne. (lol)
1zwi169.jpg

Home just crashed my PS3 multiple times - I load it up, there's an update which I download and install, but now Home crashes on start-up. So I delete Home and re-download the whole thing - this time it boots up, but when loading the area I was last in (the Batcave) it crashes again. Once again, I delete and re- download but to no avail, the problem keeps arising and I seemingly can't make it start up in another area - half an hour wasted, fuck this noise, it's shit like this that stops me from using Home more often; too much hassle for somthing that should by all rights be painless to use.

Wait, since when is there a katana in Home? I've been waiting for one since the initial announcement (to go with my Hiro Protagonist inspired style).

If you tell me it's not available in PAL land, I'll need it to disembowel myself...

Bootaaay said:
Home just crashed my PS3 multiple times - I load it up, there's an update which I download and install, but now Home crashes on start-up. So I delete Home and re-download the whole thing - this time it boots up, but when loading the area I was last in (the Batcave) it crashes again. Once again, I delete and re- download but to no avail, the problem keeps arising and I seemingly can't make it start up in another area - half an hour wasted, fuck this noise, it's shit like this that stops me from using Home more often; too much hassle for somthing that should by all rights be painless to use.

Home has two savegames, one for settings and one for the current apartment (or space you logged off from?), the savegame displays the name.
If the problem you have occurs, you need to delete the apartment savegame (of the same account)

Though IIRC this will delete your furniture arrangements (but nothing else).

I encountered it with my US account (while the others worked fine), I had to do that even twice which I don't understand because it was the unchanged standard apartment the second time Oo

I can't imagine how that must be for a more casual / after a long time returning Home-user, they would stop bothering with Home after their first PS3 freeze at the startup (w/o even thinking about delete+reinstalling or the savegame thing).

@SiegfriedFM: it's from the GI Joe body outfit (there are even two) and should still be for free in the threads store

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
TTP said:
Some pics I just took from USA and EU Homes

People love to be pictured. And damn, I thought the PSPgo was smaller than that.
IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/ehj1h5.jpg[/IMG]

Odd guy #3872
IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/29ktlav.jpg[/IMG]

Of course people love to dance too.
IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/30w8cwg.jpg[/IMG]

Me and my Batmobile
IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/24kwk1w.jpg[/IMG]

Batcave is a nice place to show off glowing eyes.
IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/ojkwpd.jpg[/IMG]

But of course Visari palace is better and more fitting
IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/eks2dg.jpg[/IMG]

Not to mention Visari palace is awesome place to begin with because it has animated light steams coming from the open ceiling...
IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/kdu1wi.jpg[/IMG]

... a great view...
IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/9gzknq.jpg[/IMG]

... and a comfortable throne. (lol)
IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/1zwi169.jpg[/IMG]
:lol

SolidusDave said:
Home has two savegames, one for settings and one for the current apartment (or space you logged off from?), the savegame displays the name.
If the problem you have occurs, you need to delete the apartment savegame (of the same account)

Though IIRC this will delete your furniture arrangements (but nothing else).

Thanks for the tip, worked perfectly - although I can't believe how little information is provided and how slapdash Home feels, especially as it's geared toward a more casual audience.

JB1981

Taking a shit in the Arizona desert. That looks totally awesome.

Man, looking at some of those pictures you linked, seems Sony users rather enjoy HOME. Takes a lot of work to get those kind of pictures. Hmmm

Shurs

Forget Afrika. With the addition of the camera Home has become this generation's Pokemon Snap. It's such a simple add-on and it makes Home so much more fun.

agm2502

Shurs said:
Forget Afrika. With the addition of the camera Home has become this generation's Pokemon Snap. It's such a simple add-on and it makes Home so much more fun.

Yes it'd be good if they make spaces based around the photo feature i.e. an Afrika space which has animals walking about etc. I'm sure once people get the taste of taking photos etc. it might make them want to buy the full game.

Shurs

agm2502 said:
Yes it'd be good if they make spaces based around the photo feature i.e. an Afrika space which has animals walking about etc. I'm sure once people get the taste of taking photos etc. it might make them want to buy the full game.

Anything they add would be great, but taking pictures of the inhabitants of Home is fun enough for me.

Alcahest

Since Home update 1.40, my PS3 has been freezing each time at startup when Home is trying to connect.

I must then force it off (3 bips) manually.

Anyone else with the issue?

Shurs

Alcahest said:
Since Home update 1.40, my PS3 has been freezing each time at startup when Home is trying to connect.

I must then force it off (3 bips) manually.

Anyone else with the issue?

I had the same problem as well. Select the Home icon in the XMB press triangle and delete it. Re-download Home and it will work.

Alcahest

Strange, I deleted all, and reinstalled Home from scratch.
Now I got the latest version, it says 1.30.
I'm pretty damn certain when it always crashed it said 1.40.
ODDITY!

Synless

I haven't been Home in a while and I see so much kick ass shit. Can you post your own pics on the walls now like the picture I see above?

Shurs

Synless said:
I haven't been Home in a while and I see so much kick ass shit. Can you post your own pics on the walls now like the picture I see above?

Yes, but you have to buy the frames.

Hawtdamn, I'd been ignoring home for the longest time, but the new camera feature and all of those spaces you guys are showing are making me want to install it again and have a look.

Does the largest cache size improve the spaces' loading? Are there any spaces that are only available temporarily that I should go in and experience right away before they're taken offline? What are the top recommended spaces? I've heard and read great things about the Siren space, but I also read that it's always heavily populated. Do we still have to stand in line to get it?

Can't wait to get home and redownload. Thanks!
Shurs said:
Yes, but you have to buy the frames.
What do you mean buy? :/ Really? Don't they have free ghetto frames for cheap assess like me?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Some pics of my own.

My old Avatar's hairstyle
dc61fa29.jpg

Been feeling the Afro these days

0b01a54a.jpg

7582c7fa.jpg

My new style
a23cce32.jpg

Adventure in PixelJunk Land
00b3de78.jpg

94f9dacd.jpg

d2f9262b.jpg

bc4e3e14.jpg

Some of my Apartment pics.

97a55d84.jpg

20bcf122.jpg

18067c41.jpg

eaaaeec3.jpg

a91c4065.jpg

My Male Avatar

63a48c1d.jpg

c0ca9d17.jpg

Oni Jazar

neojubei said:
Some pics of my own.

Cool pics. I like that white shirt outfit.

FunkyPajamas said:
Hawtdamn, I'd been ignoring home for the longest time, but the new camera feature and all of those spaces you guys are showing are making me want to install it again and have a look.

Does the largest cache size improve the spaces' loading? Are there any spaces that are only available temporarily that I should go in and experience right away before they're taken offline? What are the top recommended spaces? I've heard and read great things about the Siren space, but I also read that it's always heavily populated. Do we still have to stand in line to get it?

What do you mean buy? :/ Really? Don't they have free ghetto frames for cheap assess like me?

Unfortunately the large cache doesn't seem to help much with loading (at least not until you fill up the cache which would take a while). Siren still doesn't seem to have a queue system up and it still has a long line. You need to wait with the game selected and hit "X" as soon as the play button lights up.

Shurs

FunkyPajamas said:

In order to upload and display pictures in your Home space you need to buy (as in pay real money for) picture frames. No, there is no free option. I don't spend money in Home, so this leaves the frames out of my grasp, though I am considering buying a Clubhouse for us GAFfers who want to use Home as a jumping off point for multiplayer games.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Shurs said:
In order to upload and display pictures in your Home space you need to buy (as in pay real money for) picture frames. No, there is no free option. I don't spend money in Home, so this leaves the frames out of my grasp, though I am considering buying a Clubhouse for us GAFfers who want to use Home as a jumping off point for multiplayer games.

There already is a GAF club. Not sure who's the manager tho.

Edeuinu

I sent an invite for the gaf club weeks ago and nothing, duno who owns it. Dancing retards and tweens aside Home kinda gives me that mmo feel of being a glorified chat room, which I like.

Club would be good if it was like a meeting ground for gaffers, just make it look desirable with furniture and stuff, not so sterile.

Either way I'd log on more. Add me up if anyone wants to do a club.

PSN: edeuinu

Septimus

Just to clear things up for that guy, you only have to buy one picture frame and then you can use it as many times as your certain house/apartment supports. I think the standard seaside apartment allows you to use it 3 times on the walls.

SiegfriedFM said:
Are frames available in Europe yet?
nope

my Japanese Home visit (it seems the camera was made available for every region at the same time?):

2nhok8k.jpg

I was out of luck finding any bikini avatars

let's go swimming...
2413w2x.jpg

"aaah help, I don't have a swimming animation"

oh what's that
ogmfeq.jpg

Splitscreen!

2vaduth.jpg

Home avatars seem to have no buoyancy at all (also camera info overlays oxygen bar so I died :lol )

bi5emp.jpg

switching to hot chick avatar to poke the eyes out of some bitch:
6qayoh.jpg

the flash of the camera is really a neat addition:
27wx4qg.jpg

w/o flash

m79v1t.jpg

with flash.
btw I can understand that Home can't display many avatars in high detail but it should load the ones you look at faster in high detail mode.

be7xwy.jpg

missed a Demon's Souls armor avatar in that shot

oh and btw: PixelJunk space gives me Mirror's Edge vibe at this part:
ajqzvr.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
What we need now is a quick/easy picasa/youtube upload from XMB. They are both Google products and google is already working closely with Sony.

le.phat

I can't be bothered to actively participate in home, but it seems that the community is very much alive and people are really enjoying it for what it is, unlike the constant hating on Home on the internet seems to indicate. People seem to be actually spending cash in home. I would love to see some numbers.

Schrade

le.phat said:
I can't be bothered to actively participate in home, but it seems that the community is very much alive and people are really enjoying it for what it is, unlike the constant hating on Home on the internet seems to indicate. People seem to be actually spending cash in home. I would love to see some numbers.
There are always people shooting the shit when I pop into Home to collect the freebies. It's always pretty well populated. I never do much in Home but check out the new things every once in a while.

Home could be so much better :-/ I just wish they would implement live movie streaming and cover events like E3/TGS/Gamescom when they're happening.

Edeuinu

I wish home spaces were server side and not locally stored, even if they had a paid option ala clubs. With the addition of game launching, I mean actually playing a game with friends from home, not just launching a game, it's a nice feature.

I'd just have more reason to log on there, even if it's just idling or waiting for someone to hop on to play a game with.

Top Bottom