• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

You should. I really enjoyed single player in Splatoon. Dat Final Boss <3

Damn, I want to have final location as our smash stage so we could have that final boss as hazard. I know some people don't like hazard here, and I'm one of them. BUT THAT FINAL BOSS!
So good. I have replayed the final boss fight many times. He totally should be a stage hazard or at least appear in the background...
dancing.
I really don't want presets as much as I recognize that it's the most practical way Nintendo/Sakurai's team has of making them diverse without being hugely complicated. At this point in time, I've really grown fond of my particular Inkling and can only pray that some high order customization miracle happens should they be included as a DLC entrant.
Maybe in Smash 5 (Or Smash 4 NX or whatever) we will be able to import our Inklings, VIllagers and Robins from their respective games. For now, they will likely stick with presets.

Zubz

Banned

Damn, I want to have final location as our smash stage so we could have that final boss as hazard. I know some people don't like hazard here, and I'm one of them. BUT THAT FINAL BOSS!

Maybe just have him be a background cameo? I mean, if we (SF-GAF) got through Alex just being a cameo (For now...), we (SmashGAF)can be fine with
Octavio
not being a boss.

My ideal Splatoon stage is a traveling one that goes to Inkopolis and a few SP & MP maps during a Splatfest, personally. The Inklings can be default Palutena-tier for all I care; so long as I get that, and there aren't unbearable hazards/a transition every 10 seconds, I'll be satisfied.

colorlust

I feel like a terrible gamer, but I cannot beat the final boss with the sniper rifle. But I agree that he should be an annoying stage hazard.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"Hmmm… I know who the next newcomer is but I shouldn't reveal who it is since I and others may get into trouble. What should I do? Oh I know, I'll tell everyone I know and constantly talk about it on social media until I accidentally let the beans spills. What could possibly go wrong?"

"Hmmm… I know who the next newcomer is but I shouldn't reveal who it is since I and others may get into trouble. What should I do? Oh I know, I'll tell everyone I know and constantly talk about it on social media until I accidentally let the beans spills. What could possibly go wrong?"

Honestly, it's so obvious that I wouldn't be surprised if this was an intentional distraction at this point, with the real character obviously being something a little more WTF than Inklings.

Azure J

If Inklings get in, this will be the first time a character I openly support get into Smash. What I am supposed to feel?

Please give them a dark skin alt, Sakurai.

Hmm, you know, let me think about this:

64 to Melee: Too young to know much about Nintendo's portfolio or fully comprehend the reality of specific wants but wanted Mike Jones from StarTropics. Got Based Marf&#8482; though so all's good.

Melee to Brawl: Wanted Lip from Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack JPN along with Lyn & later Takamaru for similar reasons (iai/Rurouni Kenshin sword play). Got Pit, Lucas and all the crazy that was Snake and Sonic in Smash.

Brawl to Smash 4: Wanted Takamaru and held out hopes for Robin (yaaaaay), Anna (awwww), & Lip. Got Robin (sucks that I suck with this character), Greninja (based frog) and better Zero Suit Samus.

Smash 4 Postgame: Supporting Takamaru while understanding the current situation well, Lip as much of a wild pie in the sky thing that is, Wonder Red, Inklings, & Impa.

NotLiquid

"Hmmm&#8230; I know who the next newcomer is but I shouldn't reveal who it is since I and others may get into trouble. What should I do? Oh I know, I'll tell everyone I know and constantly talk about it on social media until I accidentally let the beans spills. What could possibly go wrong?"

Sean wasn't even constantly talking about it. He made a few tweets being excited about the news and eventually got harassed just because of it.

Honestly, it's so obvious that I wouldn't be surprised if this was an intentional distraction at this point, with the real character obviously being something a little more WTF than Inklings.

Since most of the Inkling extrapolation before the admittance came from the fact that Stealth is a huge loudmouth I really don't believe in this being a "distraction" or such. The dude is too proud of himself for that. Since plenty of people are getting character assassinated over this tiny little thing it just ain't worth the bad rep. It's going to look even more bad on everyone if it doesn't turn out to be Inklings.

Javier

Can you imagine if one of the Inkling alts is the Ika Musume outfit?

Ika Musume in Smash before Goku, Shrek and Spongebob... sort of.

Dr. Buni

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sean wasn't even constantly talking about it. He made a few tweets being excited about the news and eventually got harassed just because of it.
It's very easy not to talk about things. He should haven't even tweeted once about it and if the harassment was so bad he could have just set his profile to private for one week until it blew over.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gyazo ain't showing me pics

EDIT: oh wait those are tweet screenies, I thought you meant the actual character pics lol

NotLiquid

It's very easy not to talk about things. He should haven't even tweeted once about it and if the harassment was so bad he could have just set his profile to private for one week until it blew over.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the slippage occurring in a casual conversation about Gravity Falls though.

At worst or most basic for a Splatoon stage, I expect Inkopolis built like Town and City or Smashville. Just nothing big like Flounder Heights please.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Here's the stage:
IDA17jM.jpg

woopWOOP

Maybe in Smash 5 (Or Smash 4 NX or whatever) we will be able to import our Inklings, VIllagers and Robins from their respective games. For now, they will likely stick with presets.
Any game that did something similar like this before?
I mean it takes quite some time to make all those many, many hairstyles, clothe models and texture data for a bunch of particular characters in an already loadded fighting game like this (since the models are different from their own games they can't just copy/paste that stuff, not without it looking ass). I don't think it'd be worth the development time. And even if they do it it'd be pretty shitty to allow certain people extra character customisation just because they own those games too.

I doubt Smash will ever allow more than the presets. Tho I'd like it if the 'customisation' fighters had bigger variations in presets (like the Pikachu/Jigglypuff alts) and perhaps 16 different presets for each of them, just like Mac.

As for a Splatoon stage I'm actually hoping for something out of a regular singleplayer stage, or maybe even that singleplayer hubworld. Those stages are easier on the eyes than that final boss dance dimension and also allows for a few simple Splatoon gimmicks without overdoing it. Plus that hubworld oozes style.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

To be fair, people could disregard the rumors but it's nice to have a topic to discuss about for awhile.

Like Splatoon and Inkling, one of newest IP from Nintendo. The franchise itself have a lot of potential for Smash Bros.

It would be cool if whatever the stage ends up being, it pulls graffiti from the Splatoon Miiverse, like in the real game.

I've always wanted more Miiverse integration in Smash Bros. stages. I guess it comes with hurdles but it makes some stages feel more alive.

But not allowing Miiverse stage to be played online is awful.

Actually, keeping a lot of content out of online modes is bad in general. I get why it's done but still.

Zubz

Banned
Just no. Since Miiverse stage isn't allowed to be used online so I'm against it as well.

Yeah... Maybe they could just turn Miiverse integration off online/during 8-Player/if someone is using a 3DS as a controller? I mean, it'd look cool, but it's not worth the risks, if the dedicated Miiverse stage is anything to go off of.

Dr. Buni

Any game that did something similar like this before?
I mean it takes quite some time to make all those many, many hairstyles, clothe models and texture data for a bunch of particular characters in an already loadded fighting game like this (since the models are different from their own games they can't just copy/paste that stuff, not without it looking ass). I don't think it'd be worth the development time. And even if they do it it'd be pretty shitty to allow certain people extra character customisation just because they own those games too.

I doubt Smash will ever allow more than the presets. Tho I'd like it if the 'customisation' fighters had bigger variations in presets (like the Pikachu/Jigglypuff alts) and perhaps 16 different presets for each of them, just like Mac.
I doubt it will ever happen, too, but one can dream. :)
Actually, keeping a lot of content out of online modes is bad in general. I get why it's done but still.
I get why some content is kept out of online, but I can't make sense of stuff like custom moves being banned in most online modes.

BKSmash

I dunno, the way I read Sean's tweets he almost seems to be fucking with people.

I thought the same.. He seems like a real troll IMO. He may know who it is, but misleading things like this seems very possible from him. Especially when everyone already seemed to think it is the Inklings.

PK Gaming

Palutena is the only character in the series where I can legitimately say only is in Smash due to her being from a game Sakurai made.

She's a secondary character in a tiny series. The series could adequately be represented with just Pit and Dark Pit, in the same way Fox and Falco/Wolf rep their somewhat larger, but still small series.

Her design is silly and over designed (only one stocking??). Her default moveset is really boring. Why does a character need a (bad) reflector and a counter at the same time? Why did they pick the four most boring moves she has to be defaults?

01C88F14391259381961806536704_3.1.5.3166409828356578337.mp4.jpg

Crazy that a character whose game was announced literally the same day as Smash 4 might be getting in the game.

Stuff like that makes you appreciate DLC.

I think it's more a testament to how amazingly Splatoon managed to catapult itself into, now, one of Nintendo's flagship titles in less than a year. That's almost unprecedented.

His slip up is pretty genuine tbh. Many removed tweets in the moment. I'd have believed it was a troll if, as balladofwindwishes put it, he played it off as a joke instead.
I dunno, that's kind of what his Ice Climbers replacement sounded like to me--a joke.

---

While I appreciate the Undertale memes in here I am in the process of playing it right now so tread carefully, please.

NotLiquid

I'm pretty sure Stealth's real GameFAQs account is called RPGrinder or something like that. The "Stealth____" account is only four days old and appears to be a fake.

If that's the case then that certainly explains a lot. Those GameFAQs post are way too defensive for someone who basically went "oh well" after being credited to the MNN article and he's not remotely as talkative on Twitter as he is in those posts (plus some really weird typos and grammar structure).

I guess I should have known better than to throw accusations against him. Oh well, back on the hype train baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom