• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 Photo Thread (Probably some spoilers, kid)

ZROCOOL said:
<3 :D

and BTW is this avatar taken?!? --
rw46yv.jpg

Yeah, it is.

Stryder said:
Hope you don't mind me taking this, very moody!

I believe this one is already taken.

Sorry, I didn't update the posts of what is taken and what isn't. It's updated now, and in the OP of the official thread.

I'll be adding more avatars too. If you've got a request too, I can do it.

KilgoreTrout said:
I believe this one is already taken.

Sorry, I didn't update the posts of what is taken and what isn't. It's updated now, and in the OP of the official thread.

I'll be adding more avatars too. If you've got a request too, I can do it.

Do you have any of Tenzin?

Just finished it last night. This thread is making me want to start all over again tonight, paying closer attention this time. Stunning graphics, stunning game.

This is the first game I have ever played where even off-screen photos don't do the game full justice it just looks that fucking amazing.

Zeliard said:
That location was utterly gorgeous. Didn't really enjoy fighting the
Guardians
, though. :/

Oh man I actually really liked the guardians and they were a nice change of pace. Far superior than the whole zombie angle of the first game.

Firewire said:
I freaked when I first saw this.

No kidding. At this point in the game you think there is no way they can up the visual to verbal translation of HOLY SHIT. But alas yet again on the last chapters I said HOLY SHIT over and over.

Zeliard

BruceLeeRoy said:
Oh man I actually really liked the guardians and they were a nice change of pace. Far superior than the whole zombie angle of the first game.

I really liked their movement and their A.I. in general, but I found the overall gameplay surrounding them to just not be very fun. Pumping tons of bullets into guys who barely react to them. Just wasn't for me. Sucks, too, because I really do like how they moved around the environment.

jett

D-Member
Wax Free Vanilla said:

That looks way more golden than it does on my screen(which is the one I'm using to write this very post). :p Actually I was pretty disappointed with Shambhala, the textures are noticeably of lower quality than the rest of the game, which i found strange.

Zeliard said:
I really liked their movement and their A.I. in general, but I found the overall gameplay surrounding them to just not be very fun. Pumping tons of bullets into guys who barely react to them. Just wasn't for me. Sucks, too, because I really do like how they moved around the environment.

Yeah they are hard as hell. The crossbow works them over nicely though but the first two you fight are fricken tough.

A.R.K

Awesome awesome screens!!

Why the hell ND not allow screen cap in SP mode???? That's just so cruel, the off-screen shots do it no justice...PLEASE PATCH THAT SHIT ND!!!!!!!

ScOULaris

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but I have yet to see it answered. When trying to take screenshots in cinema mode, all I get are garbled images in a film strip-like row across black space.

I am playing in standard definition on a CRT TV. Does anyone know how to fix this?

jett

D-Member
ScOULaris said:
I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but I have yet to see it answered. When trying to take screenshots in cinema mode, all I get are garbled images in a film strip-like row across black space.

I am playing in standard definition on a CRT TV. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You can't. Photomode doesn't work when playing in SD.

Sorry pal.

ScOULaris said:

You go get a cheap monitor with an HDMI input NOW

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BruceLeeRoy said:
This is the first game I have ever played where even off-screen photos don't do the game full justice it just looks that fucking amazing.
I was thinking the same. The snowy areas actually looked even better and more natural on my TV than these off screen photos convey.

Ken Masters said:
I really wish that area of the game stayed looking like that
I think it's better that they have these camera pull-back holy shit moments just every once in a while. That way you don't get the 'usual amazing' the game has, but an extra boost of it.

ScOULaris

Not necessarily. I have seen other people asking about this problem, but they didn't mention what kind of TV they are playing on.

ScOULaris

Well, crap. That seems like a glitch to me. There's no reason for it not to work. Here's hoping for a patch.

And yeah, yeah, I know I should be playing on an HDTV. It's on my to-buy list.

Cmagus

where is cinema mode in uncharted 2 i cannot find it, I keep hearing its on the main menu and so on but ive gone through all the options and i simply cannot find it

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
That looks way more golden than it does on my screen(which is the one I'm using to write this very post). :p Actually I was pretty disappointed with Shambhala, the textures are noticeably of lower quality than the rest of the game, which i found strange.
Weird, I didn't think that at all. It looked golden just like on that screen on my panasonic plasma. You use computer monitor, right? They reproduce colors very differently from TVs, I find. The coolest thing about that area was changing weather though.

noah111

Still Alive
Cmagus said:
where is cinema mode in uncharted 2 i cannot find it, I keep hearing its on the main menu and so on but ive gone through all the options and i simply cannot find it
It's only in multiplayer, so you have to launch that first, then it'll be right on the front page next to matchmaking/custom game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Played with a Naughty Dog developer earlier today who was using the Donut Drake skin :D

Sexy Drake doing his little dance:

9hlymu.jpg

143mahj.jpg

Sexy Drake running for cover:

2i8j8k5.jpg

2lxteeu.jpg

Sexy Drake posing for the camera:

mk8zkw.jpg

Sexy Drake showing Slim Drake how to properly jump:

jh8n6a.jpg

Sexy Drake taking a break to make a snow angel:

296khtc.jpg

Sexy Drake's game face:

2dhuu5j.jpg

Sexy Drake going one on one:

2evwxmo.jpg

Replicant

Man, I LOVE that temple with lots of creepy large statue in it. It just looks majestic and makes me wonder how and why those statues were there in the first place. What kind of Gods/Deity were they worshipping, etc.

ND really needs photomode for the SD. Maybe they can patch the game? Please? :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Originally posted this in the official thread, but I'd like to repost my pics here!

Lyte's Uncharted 2 Triple Take Down:

There were three players on the opposite team in this elimination match.

Here's #1. He had an RPG and was a pretty bad shot with it. I ran around a corner, came out the other side, and hit him with a shotgun+melee (AKA "the noob") combo.
4012604163_814e9e26fe_o.jpg

Here comes #2! He just saw his buddy get taken down and is COMING FOR VENGEANCE!
4012607619_611e138154_o.jpg

...Too bad he's a lousy shot!
4012607823_a74350f760_o.jpg

#3 joins the fray. Is he any better at aiming than his friend is?
4012608071_1e2bd1ef6c_o.jpg

...Apparently not. But wait! I've hit a wall...nowhere left to run!
4012609157_c5a7e1ec46_o.jpg

But since I have an RPG, all I need to do is turn around and fire. Double kill for the win!
4012609377_ae0eb3e2cd_o.jpg

Opponent #2 wouldn't stop bitching about his loss and called me the "worst player ever" afterwards. Good times!

Goofing around:

4013507012_d3c12a109c_o.jpg

4013509584_b8ffe4b274_o.jpg

4013509838_34ea44ae1f_o.jpg

4012742259_7b23ed97e0_o.jpg

4012742377_af023e9f0d_o.jpg

4012742563_6daf3d86c3_o.jpg

4012742619_e8870cbd40_o.jpg

4012739579_390a52812e_o.jpg

4012740247_16ee13161b_o.jpg

Top Bottom