• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier 2 will be at Paris Games Week, also DE4, FF15, JC3, FFE, LIS, Hitman, Collective

Hektor

Nier2

Nier2

Nier2

Nier2 Nier2 Nier2

Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2
Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2 Nier2
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

HvLOuu6.png

its amazing how the sequel one of the worst reviewed games last gen has the potential to be one of the best arpgs ever.
i cant contain my hype every time i look at the list of people working on this game.
i mean holy crap guys, imagine a platinum made hack n slash arpg from the mgr guy, story being done by yoko taro, music by okabe and final fantasy levels of visual design quality .
match made in heaven.

Just did my part.

the irony if xbox ends up with nier 1 and ps4 with nier 2 lol

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I would love to know a release date of Bravely Second too by this point... but I guess that's up to Nintendo.

Lothar

Banned
its amazing how the sequel one of the worst reviewed games last gen has the potential to be one of the best arpgs ever.

Because the original was one of the best RPGs ever (best games ever even) and reviewers are stupid and have no credibility.

It's like when all reviewers gave Resident Evil 5 high marks, then the game came out and they went "Wait, people didn't like it?" So they decided to overcompensate when they reviewed Resident Evil 6 and really kill it in the scores even though the games were similar. It made no sense for the scores to be that drastically different.

Johndoey

Banned
Because the original was one of the best RPGs ever (best games ever even) and reviewers are stupid and have no credibility.

It's like when all reviewers gave Resident Evil 5 high marks, then the game came out and they went "Wait, people didn't like it?" So they decided to overcompensate when they reviewed Resident Evil 6 and really kill it in the scores even though the games were similar. It made no sense for the scores to be that drastically different.

I love Nier but honestly the game is deficient in a lot of ways, its a similar situation to Deadly Premonition both games are so janky I can't disagree with someone who dislikes them. But also Nier has a 68 on metacritic which really isn't that bad it has primarily mixed and positive reviews and less than a handful of outright negative ones.

If theres no platform-holder money involved, I see little risk in a pc version. SE leaving that money on the table, also known as "doing a Sega".

The fact that we've seen so little of Mankind Divided really worries me, considering its impending release date.

We've seen like thirty-thirty five minutes of gameplay explaining all the systems and changes from Human revolution, plus a smattering of very positive articles from folks that got some hands on time. No need to worry dude.

imo it at least deserved scores in mid 70s.
graphics were in no way BAD, even if mediocre ,they scale a lot more cleaner than better looking games on big tvs.
the gameplay was passable for the reasonable challenge , equipment system and the darks powers alone.nothing special but fun to tinker around.
the story /characters/sound were a 10/10 but sadly no more than a few reviewers care about those anymore.

hopefully this one will get a better response with the more mainstream popular devs.
i can think of people wholl buy it for the platinum name alone

I love Nier but honestly the game is deficient in a lot of ways, its a similar situation to Deadly Premonition both games are so janky I can't disagree with someone who dislikes them. But also Nier has a 68 on metacritic which really isn't that bad it has primarily mixed and positive reviews and less than a handful of outright negative ones.

dp was a broken janky mess.nier wasnt half as ugly or buggy.(i love dp too)

GnawtyDog

Banned
I very much doubt that.

Attendance wise they've been "pretty close". Sony having the conference there (instead of Gamescom) with reveals etc will definitely draw much more attention than otherwise. It's going to be definitely interesting to see how much of a boost in attendance they get from it.

Nier 2 footage is welcomed.

Gamescom this year was 345k and last year PGW 272k. So yes, while Gamescom is bigger, PGW is also pretty big.

Depends on what you mean with big. E3 has a less than 50 000 attendees and yet it is considered the biggest gaming event in the world as it has enormous press conferences and tons of announcements. Gamescom typically has more announcements than PGW too. But if you're talking big as in number of visitors, then yeah, PGW is the world's second largest. The context of the thread made it sound like the number of games though.

Honestly, I don't even need (or want) to see anything from this. I played the first game pretty much blind and that's the way I like it.

I just want it in my hands (or more, in my console).

Anyone here attending the Sony event in person? I have a press pass for Paris Games Week but this is taking place at a separate venue. Trying to figure out whether I need a separate invite.

Go_Ly_Dow

Best thing about PGW is that because Japanese games sell so well in France, you tend to get a lot of notable JP pubs and devs showing face.

Its a very important market for them to justify operations in mainland Europe.

Best thing about PGW is that because Japanese games sell so well in France, you tend to get a lot of notable JP pubs and devs showing face.

Its a very important market for them to justify operations in mainland Europe.

inb4 DQX and XI localization announcement.

:(

Ray Down

Banned
inb4 DQX and XI localization announcement.

:(

Dragon Quest fans love to punish themselves I swear.

Dragon Quest XI & Builders localization is be announced much closer to the game release or afterwards.

The most you can hope for is 7 & 8 on 3DS due to Horri comment.

chekhonte

Just did my part.

Thanks! I'm really hoping it'll happen.

Also, has it been confirmed that nier 2 is a ps4 exclusive? I was under the impression that sony was just there to associate the brand with products during E3 and actually only had a couple of genuine exlusives. They did it with No Man's Sky at least.

stryke

Thanks! I'm really hoping it'll happen.

Also, has it been confirmed that nier 2 is a ps4 exclusive? I was under the impression that sony was just there to associate the brand with products during E3 and actually only had a couple of genuine exlusives. They did it with No Man's Sky at least.

The press release says it's exclusive. If Sony's involved at all, it seems pretty superficial at the moment because it wasn't even announced on their stage at E3 nor has there been a ps blog post on it. The teaser trailer isn't even on their youtube channel.

^AFAIK Roth was talking about asking Square-Enix employees about their upcoming games which is why FFVII Remake and FFXII "Remake" came up.

Nope. It's the best mainline Final Fantasy so it deserves it. I think if we got FFX and that sold similarly on the PS2, we'll get FFXII HD, it's money on the table. It's just a matter of when, not if.

Asd202

About FFXV :

VFU2wdA.png

In summary : Episode Duscae 2.0 playable for visitors. Nothing new will be shown during the show.

Maybe it's a good thing. This game needs a trailer like the E3 2013 or at least the TGS 2014 to reignite the hype and the best place to do that IMO will be in March event with the release date.

Philippo

About FFXV :

VFU2wdA.png

In summary : Episode Duscae 2.0 playable for visitors. Nothing new will be shown during the show.

Can't read french too well, but it doesn't say that nothing else will be shown.

Then of course, Occam's Razor and all that stuff makes it that you're indeed right

Maybe it's a good thing. This game needs a trailer like the E3 2013 or at least the TGS 2014 to reignite the hype and the best place to do that IMO will be in March event with the release date.

Well the French FB page of the game kinda teased that for PGW, but who knows how much reliable are those...

Ochibi

Can't read french too well, but it doesn't say that nothing else will be shown.

Then of course, Occam's Razor and all that stuff makes it that you're indeed right

Well the French FB page of the game kinda teased that for PGW, but who knows how much reliable are those...

They will use already released informations by development team for their stage.

About FFXV :

VFU2wdA.png

Good. Showing nothing in 0 seconds is always better than showing nothing in 90 minutes.

Hopefully they keep the efficiency up for future events too.

About FFXV :

VFU2wdA.png

Bummer, but Nier 2 was the big deal at this point anyway. XV has an ATR coming up in Winter, and then the real deal in March.

Bring on Nier and Deus Ex!

Fbh

Hype rising.

Still can't belive we are actually getting a sequel....and made by Platinum.
I'm still more excited about this than all other square games combined

Top Bottom