• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

I've heard concrete information that Halo 5 launch numbers will be some of the lowest yet. Like 1.4-1.5M low. I'm willing to polygraph with an admin if need be, I've seen how inside information is dealt with here :p

I've heard concrete information that Halo 5 launch numbers will be some of the lowest yet. Like 1.4-1.5M low. I'm willing to polygraph with an admin if need be, I've seen how inside information is dealt with here :p

Heard anything about console sales for October by any chance?? Far more interested in that :p

Boke1879

I'm sure a mod will be here soon to verify. If true. Yea that's definitely low for this series but good sales for a game.

Chobel

Why does this feel like some kind of sarcasm?

And yes, I want to see Ryng_Tolu to eat his/her PS4, no shame here (except that fucking tag :( )

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Everytime you post something I can't take you seriously with your new avatar Chobel xD

Chobel's avatar is the best. He's smart to be repping the best anime (in manga avatar form).

Elandyll

Banned
Yep -- and with MS' recent statement, 1.5 Million seems believable for copies sold.
And also on par with what we saw in the UK.

Probably around 1.8-2.0 once Digital is added (if info is correct and refers to retail only).
Low for a mainline Halo, very good by most standards.

Edit: okiiii then... 1.5 retail is half what a mainline used to do, on par with UK. With20-25% digital it ain't that bad, specially compared to your average AAA.

But that's Halo (and makes the PR more logical than if it had been a resounding smash hit).

Bgamer90

Banned

Probably around 1.8-2.0 once Digital is added (if info is correct and refers to retail only).

Yeah I was thinking 2 Million combined too with digital in the mix. Very good but definitely not "Halo Heyday" level.

Death2494

Called it. 5m LTD easy. But im sure fallout, star wars, and COD had a part in this. Aww......poor, poor Tomb Raider

Elandyll

Banned
Called it. 5m LTD easy. But im sure fallout, star wars, and COD had a part in this. Aww......poor, poor Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider is already dad imo.

Unless it gets a suprise Universal Acclaim at 90%+ and excellent wom, in which case it could become a sleeper hit.

Somehow I don't see it though #shrug

RexNovis

Banned
Even if it's just retail, digital is 30% at the highest end possible. So ~1.8m-2.0m would be my guess.

making it the lowest selling entry in the series by a wide margin ( at least 1.3 million). Which is exactly what many of us were saying would happen.

Top Bottom