• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Doc and Roy, Pokemon Trainer and Lucas where ice climbers were becoming my third go to because they'll never cut ice climbers...

I already expect Robin and Duck Hunt to be cut from the next game. Maybe Villager too.

Why Duck Hunt? Did you see Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B getting cut?

Edited: Never Mind. Just saw your other post.

Know what I'd love to hear about tonight but know we won't? A large My Music pack. Adding about 75+ new tracks to the Wii U version with a quarter of those being remixes.

I'm so excited. Any sort of Nintendo news is good, but if we get a character announcement today I will be so hype even if I haven't played Smash at all recently.

Know what I'd love to hear about tonight but know we won't? A large My Music pack. Adding about 75+ new tracks to the Wii U version with a quarter of those being remixes.

I would pay all of the money for this.

I'd even buy it if it was nothing but rips from old Smash games and other games.

Like, 100% of the music back from all past Smash games (except Metal Gear and Sonic music)

Morts

K. Rool would be an u underwhelming addition, but I'd take it if it also meant a cool new DKC stage. In general I'd rather have more new stages than new characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe Villager too.

Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's big winner. Highly doubt this.

At most I see their body dimensions being changed to reflect their most current look.

K. Rool would be an u underwhelming addition, but I'd take it if it also meant a cool new DKC stage. In general I'd rather have more new stages than new characters.
I only underwhelming aspect I can think of is that he's been seen as such a certainty that he'd be less of a surprise than others. But honestly any newcomer not leaked is a surprise for me so that's not really an issue for me.

If we do get a new character announcement, I'm hoping for something completely unexpected. At this point, there isn't anyone I want in particular, but I'm willing to try any character out since I still haven't found a character I really love on the roster.

I think the more I'm surprised, the happier I'll be.

So here's a third party character that'd be fucking badass:
Carmen_Sandiego.png

I'd like them to patch in some music moved around a bit.

Since they don't care about duplicate music, there's a ton of songs that should be duplicated onto multiple levels.

It would help stages like 75m and Flat Zone, that have extremely limited song lists.

Platy

If we do get a new character announcement, I'm hoping for something completely unexpected. At this point, there isn't anyone I want in particular, but I'm willing to try any character out since I still haven't found a character I really love on the roster.

I think the more I'm surprised, the happier I'll be.

This

I want a very out of left field kinda character.

Hanafuda, tetris, style savvy, eletroplankton, rabbit sellers, a moving virtual boy, a love hotel, the drop of water from fluidity/hidroventure...

RomanceDawn

I feel like nothing could really surprise me at this point. I think the only characters that would actually shock me are Ridley and Toad. Everything else is plausible and more or less expected.

I like AGES in Sega All Star Racing.

Maybe Smash could have a character like that. Defaults as a Game Boy, but can use controllers and stuff as attacks and turn into other consoles (like Down Air turning him into a Game Cube for a ground pound, or turning into a Wii Remote to do a gold swing for a forward smash).

That would certainly be surprising, but feels more like a base game roster sort of character.

That's... a new one.

From my perspective I have most of the characters I ever wanted. I have my main characters that I use and enjoy playing. New characters, for me, mean extra matchups I need to learn and further disorganizes the CSS; bugging the ever living crap out of me. Unless the new character comes from a new series bringing with it a brand new stage and music, I'm not really all that interested.

Morts

That's... a new one.

My stance is that the game already has more great characters than great stages. Plus, if the "hype" around characters on GAF is indicative of ballot results, any new characters aren't going to be personal favorites of mine. So while I'm not opposed to new characters and will likely buy them I'm more likely to get excited about some rad new (or classic!) stages. Bring back Great Bay and Subcon, please.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
From my perspective I have most of the characters I ever wanted. I have my main characters that I use and enjoy playing. New characters, for me, mean extra matchups I need to learn and further disorganizes the CSS; bugging the ever living crap out of me. Unless the new character comes from a new series bringing with it a brand new stage and music, I'm not really all that interested.

1. It sound like a selfish guy would says. I meant, look at me. I got what I wanted with many characters but that doesn't stop me from wanting more because I would love to see some people here and my friends getting what they wanted. There are some people that didn't get what they wanted in this iteration (and last iteration) so don't forget that.

2.. Yeah, I understand that you have to learn more extra match ups but that's nothing wrong with that because it has become normal economy for fighting games because most of fighting games would get their DLC characters. Imagine people have to learn the match ups every year with Street Fighter V.

3. Nothing is wrong with making CCS worse because it's already disorganized.

4. Agreed with you! Newcomers are the best for bringing new contents to the Smash. :D

Platy

Carmem Sandiego feels weird to me because I think of the cartoon more than the games and then my head goes "if you are going to get a cartoon character than it has to be either mickey or popeye"

1. It sound like a selfish guy would says. I meant, look at me. I got what I wanted with many characters but that doesn't stop me from wanting more because I would love to see some people here and my friends getting what they wanted. There are some people that didn't get what they wanted in this iteration (and last iteration) so don't forget that.

2.. Yeah, I understand that you have to learn more extra match ups but that's nothing wrong with that because it has become normal economy for fighting games because most of fighting games would get their DLC characters. Imagine people have to learn the match ups every year with Street Fighter V.

3. Nothing is wrong with making CCS worse because it's already disorganized.

4. Agreed with you! Newcomers are the best for bringing new contents to the Smash. :D
You are reacting abnormally defensively for what is my personal opinion. I never said Sakurai should stop or not develop new characters, but that isn't what I care about, and I listed my reasons for my opinion. You don't have to agree with me, but the point-by-point breakdown is unnecessary. I like stages and music. Always have. Just because I prefer new stages and music does not mean I'm against new characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You are reacting abnormally defensively for what is my personal opinion. I never said Sakurai should stop or not develop new characters, but that isn't what I care about, and I listed my reasons for my opinion. You don't have to agree with me, but the point-by-point breakdown is unnecessary. I like stages and music. Always have. Just because I prefer new stages and music does not mean I'm against new characters.

I don't think I'm being defensive because I just want to point out that I just don't agree with your points and explain my reasonings. And I do think my point by point is necessary because your comment on CCS and match-up doesn't really make any sense. I don't really need to echo that again.

Nintendo is going to surprise everyone with this little guy!
chibi_robo_photo_finder_conceptart_1R5Zb_thumb.jpg

who am I kidding.... RIP little cleaner :_(

I still hope that he would make in Smash Bros so he could become immortal by being Smash characters, like Cap Falcon, Duck Hunt, R.O.B and Ice Climbers.

I haven't really finish any of hose games but I'm rooting for my friends to see him getting int he game. So how was the sales for recently game?

RedColumn

I haven't really finish any of hose games but I'm rooting for my friends to see him getting int he game. So how was the sales for recently game?

In japan apparently bad:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/chibi-robo_zip_lash_fails_to_clean_up_in_japanese_charts

The rest, not clue. The first game is really good. I played not that long ago on Gamecube (the wii version is better... but never get out of japan). Its really different to anything, but I really enjoy it. The DS about flower I didnt enjoy that much, but the other one for DS apparently is really good like the first one.....(never out of japan either...)
The last one, well... it has nothing to do with Chibi-Robo really, so I dont know If I want it to sell or not, because if it does, the real formula of Chibi-Robo will die... so RIP anyway.

EDIT: I forgot, that Chibi-Robo is not only from Nintendo. Its from Bandai and Skip as well... that should increase the chances... right?

Posted in other thread but final Smash predictions before the direct:

Inklings, Shovel Knight, Banjo & Kazooie, and Minecrafter.

All non ballot characters, all in November, four ballot characters in 2016.

We'll see how delusional I am ShadowFox08.

It's going to be so surreal seeing a new character(s) moving around in Smash Bros. after five months of silence.
You could almost say this is the first truly new character we'll know about in seven months--Roy and Ryu were at least known to us through datamining back in April.

----

My final prediction for today is Shovel Knight. I just... have this bad feeling.

Ryce

My final prediction for today is Shovel Knight. I just... have this bad feeling.
As far as characters go, I'm expecting some combination of Wolf, Dixie Kong, and Inkling — either one of them, two of them, or all three of them. Anything else would genuinely shock me.

Wolf and Inkling are my prediction.

Last two pre-ballot characters, and then two more post-ballot ones coming next year to wrap up major Smash DLC (then costumes/stages/balance every so often after that)

FSLink

Banned
That's strangely aggressive, he had a disagreement on your opinion, and he stated so calmly without any sort of aggressiveness and with respect. No need to bold "personal opinion" like he doesn't understand what an opinion is. He even agreed with you on some points, relax, lol

I'm going to predict Wolf, Inkling, and Dixie Kong revealed, with a ballot character or two teased (like a silhouette of K Rool or Isaac or something)

btw, if Inkling is announced today, that doesn't mean they were leaked. It won't validate the people who participated in the Inkling "leak" nonsense. Merely a coincidence.

Do you think we will see more than one character? I don't see the characters being released today. For instance, it could be possible that they show one character and then date a later Smash specific direct.

That's strangely aggressive, he had a disagreement on your opinion, and he stated so calmly without any sort of aggressiveness and with respect. No need to bold "personal opinion" like he doesn't understand what an opinion is. He even agreed with you on some points, relax, lol

I misinterpreted the tone of his post. My apologies to Heath.

Zubz

Banned
I'd buy Speedwagon for the taunts alone, where he constantly commentates how the other players are fighting.

Only downside would be that I wasted all that time on my Speedwagon Mii fighter already

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that made a Speedwagon fighter. I think he was the first one I made, IIRC. Either him or Danny DeVito.

My money's on Wolf and Inklings tonight, though there's a chance Wolf may have been delayed so he'd be released alongside SF0. In which case, it'd be Inklings & Shovel Knight.

Then again, with the whole Minecraft deal, Banjo & Kazooie just shot up from "Not even a snowball's chance in Hell" to "Surprisingly less impossible." I'm not saying that Nintendo's willing to let Microsoft get free advertising for Banjo-Threeie, but between this and the Microsoft logo in Mario Maker, they're doing something behind the scenes. It's not implausible that the one deal between them that'd make the most sense has been made, as well.

I'm not expecting anything Banjo-related tonight, but I just have to acknowledge that it's possible. That way, I can process it more easily if it does happen.

NotLiquid

I don't.

Mewtwo isn't really all that good, but it doesn't stop me from absolutely loving that he's back in Smash.

I dunno, I was pretty apprehensive back during Brawl. I was pretty much the biggest Sonic fan back then but I just didn't agree with his moveset. He wasn't as enjoyable to play as I had hoped.

I still have reservations about it now but at least playing him in Smash 4 is more enjoyable now since it's been so much more improved in usability.

Also; poor, poor Captain Falcon ;_____;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom