• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War III screenshots

RavenFox

Banned
thetrin said:
I'm pretty excited for the game, but considering it's going head to head with Bayonetta, the lack of graphical wow is a little underwhelming.
lol please dude. I love Bayonetta but you've failed with that post.

Denzar

Kratos will, without a doubt, end up in Hades (again) at one point in the game. (It's also pretty much a given... based on the screens)

Also, he might meet Ares there, like Bad Boy said.

tzare

i do not think GOW3 can compare to U2, because the first has no free camera and the second has, and that limits a lot what you can see on the screen at once, and also the lighting and those kind of things, you can also save a lot of space for textures as you will never see them close.

Can't wait to see the new stuff that was shown recently. Jeff at PSBlog said it will be shown in January so maybe this week.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
THE Caffeinated said:
Prediction: Aries dies.
Well thats the right prediction for the entire cast of the GoW series :lol

So yeah, how do i get the demo?
I wasnt very interested at first.. but im kinda of curious now.

SmokyDave

Fersis said:
Well thats the right prediction for the entire cast of the GoW series :lol

So yeah, how do i get the demo?
I wasnt very interested at first.. but im kinda of curious now.
I have my code left over from GoW collection and you're welcome to it but you'd need a Hong Kong PSN account to redeem it.

Hopefully the new trailer will show us the first person stuff that they've mentioned. It sounds like it could be really cool and brutal.

george_us

SolidSnakex said:
We'll find out how well GoW3 holds up to U2 soon enough. The build that we've been looking at now is 7 months old. So it really isn't realistic to expect that to look better than U2.
Judging by the demo, I think GoW3 holds up pretty damn well. Obviously U2 is the better looking game but GoW3 is beautiful in its own right. The animations are fantastic, especially on that Chimera.

jett said:

During certain kills the camera will switch to a first person view through the enemies eyes. You're still in control of Kratos (it's QTE) but you're viewing it from the enemies perspective.[/spoiler

Denzar

Allright. Seems like a strange idea to me. I'll wait and see how they execute this stuff.

It comes acros as an attempt to show the player the horror of Kratos' actions. Something that does not quite fit in with the game as a whole.

tzare

FPS view on certain QTEs? Lol. I hope it feels right.

Will Kratos brother appear in GOW? What about the hero named in the 'fate of the titan' video?

Denzar

Here's some more artwork:

Untitled-1.jpg

One of the weapons can be the blade of Olympus (again).

yurinka

Gameplay wise Bayonetta is awesome, but I'm still figuring why people tries to compare it tech wise with GoW3 and specially Uncharted 2.

yurinka said:
Gameplay wise Bayonetta is awesome, but I'm still figuring why people tries to compare it tech wise with GoW3 and specially Uncharted 2.

Probably because they are joking, at least i hope they are...

yurinka said:

Well.... um, it's 60 fps... and... um, there's a lot of stuff on the screen......

I asked the Lead Animator on his blog about the Blade Of Olympus and he pretty much confirmed for me the blade would be making a return. I liked the weapon so i'm happy.

yurinka said:

Only when one is high on crack...

....and then proceeded to jab themselves in the eye with said crack.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
tzare said:
Will Kratos brother appear in GOW?

IIRC they mentioned prior to the release of GoW II that the 'brother in Hades' plot was dropped, so I wouldn't expect him to show up in GoW III.

Also, you most likely go to Hades again, as Hades himself is one of the bosses
IIRC one of the developers mentioned that to kill him, you had to tear pieces of flesh from his body, and destroy them before they could crawl back and reattach themselves to Hades' body

Sascha23

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
IIRC they mentioned prior to the release of GoW II that the 'brother in Hades' plot was dropped, so I wouldn't expect him to show up in GoW III.

I wonder why they gave you a silver trophy in the GoW Collection for viewing that specific video talking about Kratos' brother and his descent into Hades.

Perhaps, they've opted to take that story out of the trash bin?

I certainly would love to find out more about that twist. It would put a unique spin on the mythology they're playing with.

Not to mention, it could help in humanizing Kratos a bit more...

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Sascha23 said:
I wonder why they gave you a silver trophy in the GoW Collection for viewing that specific video talking about Kratos' brother and his descent into Hades.

Perhaps, they've opted to take that story out of the trash bin?

I certainly would love to find out more about that twist. It would put a unique spin on the mythology they're playing with.

Not to mention, it could help in humanizing Kratos a bit more...

It's absolutely possible, but as his brother wasn't mentioned in GoW II at all.. I dunno, it'd feel a bit 'forced' if they shoehorned him in in GoW III, considering that he's a very minor character, only mentioned in a secret video for GoW I. As for the trophy, I'd hazard a guess that the trophy is for finding the secret video, and not really related to Kratos' brother.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hercules, son of Zeus, brother of Kratos.

Bam, that's a no brainer for GOWIII.q

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Cyberia said:
Some more artwork:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2njld93.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://comicrelated.com/graphics/solicits/dc/dec09/7aWildStorm/GOD%20of%20War%2003.jpg

http://www.ng4a.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/battle_field_finished_copy.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://www.ng4a.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/4191962991_5570389c99_o.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://www.ng4a.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gowwarrior1_resize.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Amazons. The Amazons were a legendary nation of female warriors in Greek mythology.[/spoiler]

NameIess

I play the E3 demo all the time and find the game very impressive visually. The Kratos character detail is some of the best seen in gaming and the lighting used in the game is absolutely amazing. The visuals are only going to get better at the final release, but I can't understand why anyone would complain about the visuals even in it's unfinished state...

Perhaps the display makes a difference but on my XBR9 the game looks amazing; the only other title out on the same level is UC2 in my opinion.

If I had to voice a complaint it would be the difficulty level, because the demo was extremely easy and I hope the final product gives a hard setting from the start to provide a more challenging experience.

V_Ben

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
During certain kills the camera will switch to a first person view through the enemies eyes. You're still in control of Kratos (it's QTE) but you're viewing it from the enemies perspective.[/spoiler

ho-ly-shit. cannot bloody wait to see that!

Honolulu

Neo Member
neojubei said:
Amazons. The Amazons were a legendary nation of female warriors in Greek mythology.

In some variations of greek mythology they were believed to be the daughters of Ares, the god of war. :)

Top Bottom