• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Maybe not the plans to release, but it's not hard to think that with the buzz on UT, they decided it was the right time to "leak" the info and start generating their own buzz.

UnderTale had nothing to do with this leak nor did Nintendo felt that it was the right time to leak it.

I get it, Undertale is like the Mother series and everyone is gushing over it but let not act like that it existing had anything to do with Mother 3 being localized.

Nanashrew

Banned
I hope that when Mother 3 comes out and is localized they redo that old E3 skit asking for Mother 3 and mix up the joke like a running gag.

PSqueak

Banned
Mother 1 does deserve some Smash rep :(

A Ninten alt for Ness would be cool.

There's a Starman Assist Trophy as well, but that was also in Earthbound. The Franklin Badge is an item as well, but again, also in several Mothers.

Yeah, I'd be fine with that. The Alph one was cool.

Ninten looks so similar to Ness though. Not that they wouldn't be able to make up a distinct enough design but I'm pretty sure most of the differences I've seen in depictions are based on fanon. The scarf only appeared in some Japanese ad.

Also I'd rather see Kumatora probably

Frankly, i would love some non Psychic rep for additional Mother characters in smash.

-For M1 reps either Teddy (but there would be "sword user!" whinning), or Pippi (altho she's only briefly a party member, she was kinda tough and more female reps are always good)
-For additional M2 reps make Jeff playable, change the assist trophy to Lloyd (bottle rockets were more significant to Lloyd anyway)
-For additional M3 reps can't go wrong with either Flint or Duster, the former would be straight up brawler, the later would be a nice gadget based character.

Hero

Writing has been on the wall. They stealth released Earthbound Beginnings out of no where. They wouldn't have done that for nothing.

Really wish she wouldn't have said anything. Either it'll release and the surprise will be lessened, or it wont release and lots of people will complain about Nintendo "lying"

Blues1990

That's actually me because I really want to play Eiji Aonuma's very first game.
Even though I have already played the game (a la through a solid fan translation in a patch for the SF game), like with Earthbound Zero & Sin & Punishment, I'm all for supporting an official localization from the big N itself.

-shadow-

Haven't played a GBA game on the VC, but what is this dark filter you're talking about?
All consoles except the SNES have a layer that darkens the overall image. It's terrible, but on the GBA it seems fine because of most games being overly bright anyway.
Theres a topic on here somewhere called something like 'Why is Nintendo incapable of proper emulation'. My connection is terrible and the search function for me fails right now so I can't find it.

Edit: Google helped me out on this one: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1040125

Jason C of Camp Fan Gamer says Nintendo knows who leaked Mother 3, which is supposedly coming out in June, and this person is also Emily's contact. I hope nobody gets in trouble. I guess they all knew already and was going to be the focus of this year's Camp.

I don't have access to this link because I'm not in the Mother community, but this is a since-removed confession/confirmation of the Mother 3 leak. I don't know the login, but anybody in Camp Fan Gamer should: https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T0DN06HH8-F0L85N9FT/pasted_image_at_2016_02_03_19_44.png

My friend is funneling all this to me. This is everything I've heard so far.

Nanashrew

Banned
GBA games have some very vibrant neon greens. Gamma for GBA games are lightened a lot to account for the dark screen of the GBA, so Wii U emulation gives a slight darkened filter. It's not the best solution by a mile but it is what it is.

Emution of GBA games are quite excellent though despite that filter.

jnWake

It'd be amazing. I already played this through the translation patch but it was a while ago so I'd love to replay the game.

One of my favourite VGM soundtracks too. Shogo Sakai is so good.

Jason C of Camp Fan Gamer says Nintendo knows who leaked Mother 3, which is supposedly coming out in June, and this person is also Emily's contact. I hope nobody gets in trouble. I guess they all knew already and was going to be the focus of this year's Camp.

I don't have access to this link because I'm not in the Mother community, but this is a since-removed confession/confirmation of the Mother 3 leak. I don't know the login, but anybody in Camp Fan Gamer should: https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T0DN06HH8-F0L85N9FT/pasted_image_at_2016_02_03_19_44.png

Oh shit. Can anyone post the comment here?

Kodaman

GBA games have some very vibrant neon greens. Gamma for GBA games are lightened a lot to account for the dark screen of the GBA, so Wii U emulation gives a slight darkened filter. It's not the best solution by a mile but it is what it is.

Emution of GBA games are quite excellent though despite that filter.

Compared to NES and N64, GBA VC almost burn my eyes :p

ChaosXVI

Oh man, the ninjas are going to be out in full force on this one. This was probably going to be a pretty major announcement.

This is not surprising, which is part of the reason it surprised me it was leaked.

https://twitter.com/gaiages/status/695021877090246657

This is a conversation between Jason C and some other Mother powerfuls. You can interpret the gossip yourselves. But it sounds like too much information has been shared and it's already coming back to the employee. Or, at least, very well could.

Mother 3 has apparently been a known-surprise among the elite Mother community, specifically Camp Fan Gamer, and they are confirming the rumor.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Somebody is losing their job, and Emily Rogers may lose her Nintendo source over this.

Not worth it at all. Sucks the surprise was ruined.

Pinky

Banned
Somebody is losing their job, and Emily Rogers may lose her Nintendo source over this.

Not worth it at all. Sucks the surprise was ruined.

Yeah, I'm glad the game is coming, but a reveal in a Direct or E3 presentation would've been mind-blowing. And the fact that someone could lose their job over this is definitely not worth it.

So somebody told Emily and she decided to spoil it. Damn that sucks if it's true.
So I'm guessing this wasn't suppose to leak at all

Vena

https://twitter.com/gaiages/status/695021877090246657

This is a conversation between Jason C and some other Mother powerfuls. You can interpret the gossip yourselves. But it sounds like too much information has been shared and it's already coming back to the employee. Or, at least, very well could.

Mother 3 has apparently been a known-surprise among the elite Mother community, specifically Camp Fan Gamer, and they are confirming the rumor.

133.gif

So not only is the surprise ruined, but someone is in trouble too.

TriAceJP

Why would Nintendo bother localizing such a niche game for a console that has long been dead? Virtual console games, especially from Nintendo, are minimal efforts for them.

Unless Beginnings did some solid sales on the WiiU, I'm assuming it's never coming here unless I see solid proof.

Joqu

Yes, it's from Mother 3 marketing stuff IIRC.

Nah, it's fan made. Mother 3 never got official clay figures. Only 1 and 2 did. In fact I don't think there's any official Mother 3 art outside of stuff like the logo if you wanna count that and a map. I think that's pretty cool actually.

edit: Person who made them goes by Flint on starmen.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom