• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

TheExodu5

Banned
I'd also like to keep an eye on Enker.

4th vote on Seath. 3rd vote on Terra. That's 2 bandwagons from him.

Actually, now that I notice that...I think he's a stronger candidate than Sept.

Vote: Enker

Darryl

Banned
I wanna get my vote off Weemad. He's actually posting, so there's that. Mazre, Zatoth and Ultron are all unusually quiet, but they're late starts and don't like to post when there's nothing to talk about. So there's that.

Out of the two between Enker and Septimus, I think Septimus looks the most suspicious after re-reading his posts. A lot of people went under my radar today.

Septimus Prime

Enker

I'd also like to keep an eye on Enker.

4th vote on Seath. 3rd vote on Terra. That's 2 bandwagons from him.

Actually, now that I notice that...I think he's a stronger candidate than Sept.

Vote: Enker

Was wondering when you were going to notice that in your Septimus logic. Although right now there’s only 4 votes on anyone in particular, and I wouldn’t call Seath a bandwagon in any case.

I’d be more suspicious of me if I went for Darryl, but I’m defending him.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, let's not split votes then, and you're right about the posting behavior seeming more scummy in general.

Vote: Septimus Prime

TheExodu5

Banned
Terra is too easy of a target. Something doesn't sit right with me. He's thrown out random first votes against a few people with no reasoning. It doesn't really accomplish anything if he's scum...it only attracts attention to himself.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, those votes against me are bull crap. I won't say they're scum, but you guys need to knock it off.

I've been playing very specifically, and admit that it can come off very scummy. I drive by because I don't want them to know my reasons. Remember, scum knows everything town knows and then some. I wasn't going to keep posting this way past day one mind you, as this strategy only works then. Clearly it's not working so I'll shift gears.

VOTE: Dusk Soldier

(This is due to a misspelling)

He has been a virtual non presence all day, posting just enough to be arround, but hasn't really gotten much suspicion... AND HE REALLY SHOULD! Most of his posts are meta-game talk, barely contribute to the actual game at hand, and he has all of one vote!

I don't think I'm going to move my vote around today, but obviously I'm open to it If someone can build a compelling case.

Clearly he must feel like he has an air tight case, someone who he must feel is the scummiest of the bunch!

I guess my vote will go to Unmasked Ferret for the crime of being trigger happy.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

Yeah no, you can't make a "vote" like that and then say you're not going to move it around. Dusk is playing like scum, disinterested and phoning it in because he doesn't actually have to scum hunt, he already knows who they are.

TL;DR: Vote Dusk because:
I voted for you because you're scum. Obviously. You know you're scum. I know it. Every post you make reeks of it.

Indeed, Dusk Soldier ought to come in and make a real vote. However I don't find his post content otherwise to be a problem. It's vague but not anti town.

You, terra, have not provided explanation of your previous votes. Thick as you are, you must know that that is what people are asking for. Given that you may be executed in a couple of hours, I want you typing up the explanation so we have it for later.

As for septimus, I can't make any argument to defend him. So I understand those voting for him. I'm not persuaded to change my vote, but he's the sort of player whose card I want to see.

People voting GC: Who of you makes this a policy vote and who gets actual scum votes from him?

-Don't lie about real life stuff.
-Don't question real life stuff.

If everyone would follow those two simple rules, it should never become a problem.

Scum vibes.

I'm not questioning him being out of town when he says. I'm questioning specifically referring to being it at night phase because, as i mentioned, that isn't relevant to town, and I'm speaking toward near inactivity and useless activity on top of that in the meantime, outside of the warning. I'm not saying he won't be out during night phase, I'm saying why tell town that and why not do anything even approximately useful with the time you do have'? Seems like a disclaimer to do nothing.

The lack of suspicion is also partially telling despite the general lethargy of the thread because it's a decent pick for scum who know he is town. Inactive, useless with claimed active time, knowledge he'll flip town. Easily explained gravy train with another vote or two, more suspicious to jump on at end of day.

If he does flip town, I'll look like an ass, but i acknowledge that. Still more useful to have my other scum suspicions around to dig their own grave than this shady possible claim thread bitching.

YNnny, could we please have a countdown card for this page? I can't pay attention properly to vote counts and time when they get to another pageload.

YNnny, could we please have a countdown card for this page? I can't pay attention properly to vote counts and time when they get to another pageload.
On this, can we replace in us the three UZ timezones South Tokyo time gmt+9. I spent most of my life in that country and those motherfuckers don't need three times. Network television only got two when i was growing up and that is literally catered to the lowest common denominator.

Sorian

Banned

She's asleep, I'm your current moderator.

hobo-laughs.gif

cya_1455915600.png

Sorian

Banned
On this, can we replace in us the three UZ timezones South Tokyo time gmt+9. I spent most of my life in that country and those motherfuckers don't need three times. Network television only got two when i was growing up and that is literally catered to the lowest common denominator.

The website we pull these timers from choose the displayed timezones :( I agree that US doesn't need that many lol

Terrabyte20xx, I think it's really weird that you feel this confident that you think you can peg a scum player out of 20 random posters after only a few days of discussion and zero flips.

I voted for Unmasked Ferret because I think he was a little too quick to the gun on lynching, and while his reasoning was frivolous I still felt it was a little too specifically targeted. He could have just claimed RNG like a few of the other early lynchers did.

Your last post actually makes me think you are most likely town. I feel like a scum player wouldn't risk making that bold an accusation and having the player flip town. Not on day 1 anyway.

If you think i should vote for someone else, I'm all ears, but I don't see a scum player slipping up this early in the game.

Terrabyte20xx

Indeed, Dusk Soldier ought to come in and make a real vote. However I don't find his post content otherwise to be a problem. It's vague but not anti town.

You, terra, have not provided explanation of your previous votes. Thick as you are, you must know that that is what people are asking for. Given that you may be executed in a couple of hours, I want you typing up the explanation so we have it for later.

As for septimus, I can't make any argument to defend him. So I understand those voting for him. I'm not persuaded to change my vote, but he's the sort of player whose card I want to see.

I AM NOT DYING TODAY!! Not if I have anything to say about it. Not to be mean, but you're new. You wouldn't notice the fact that his posts barely contribute to THIS game.

Looks like I finished my gown just in time.

I guess my vote will go to Unmasked Ferret for the crime of being trigger happy.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

The game I played with Sorian, I tried to lynch him day 1 too. It's funny that you mentioned him. lol.

tea biscuits? really?

Where I come from, tea is served with crumpets, scones, and cakes. Goodness. Next you'll be telling me you add sugar to your tea...

no, he made a day 1 role claim and I wanted to see his flip. lol

It's not just about the numbers, whenever someone dies the town gains information.

You have to think a little further outside of the box then that.

For one, it's not going to be a unanimous vote. So that "we" killed the doctor, can easily become, "who" killed the doctor.

Once you know "who" killed the doctor, you can then start to look at the why for how each individual princess voted, and so on and so forth.

We're not allowed to post in this thread during the night phase, that's all he meant by that.

It's pointless in the sense that it's pointless to make day 1 votes based on day 1 discussion.

But obviously 4 or 5 days down the road, a lot of the discussion happening now can turn into a gold mine of good information.

I don't think I'm going to move my vote around today, but obviously I'm open to it If someone can build a compelling case.

I think we were all assigned random princesses, but I doubt they have any correlation to our actual roles or alignments.

These are all his posts from the game. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Notice what most of his posts comprise of? Stuff like: "It's only day one" or "In this game I though this or that", Heck, his last one is commenting on roles.

A newbie would look at these and think: "Hey, these are actually pretty helpful."

But look at them again, and You'll find that they don't even ONCE actually contribute to actively finding scum. If you can't even see that, then I think we've found Scum #2.

Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx, I think it's really weird that you feel this confident that you think you can peg a scum player out of 20 random posters after only a few days of discussion and zero flips.

I voted for Unmasked Ferret because I think he was a little too quick to the gun on lynching, and while his reasoning was frivolous I still felt it was a little too specifically targeted. He could have just claimed RNG like a few of the other early lynchers did.

Your last post actually makes me think you are most likely town. I feel like a scum player wouldn't risk making that bold an accusation and having the player flip town. Not on day 1 anyway.

If you think i should vote for someone else, I'm all ears, but I don't see a scum player slipping up this early in the game.

If there's one thing I've learned after playing this game, is that when it's time to put down, you believe one hundred percent, even if it turns out you're wrong. That's the only way anything get's done.

Also, it helps that I've done it once before.

I AM NOT DYING TODAY!! Not if I have anything to say about it. Not to be mean, but you're new. You wouldn't notice the fact that his posts barely contribute to THIS game.

These are all his posts from the game. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Notice what most of his posts comprise of? Stuff like: "It's only day one" or "In this game I though this or that", Heck, his last one is commenting on roles.

A newbie would look at these and think: "Hey, these are actually pretty helpful."

But look at them again, and You'll find that they don't even ONCE actually contribute to actively finding scum. If you can't even see that, then I think we've found Scum #2.
It's totally fair to point out my naïveté. After all, you don't know me. You can't look at my play style to meta game because I haven't got one.

But this, this is a bad play. Conflating "not anti town" to "helpful" is silly. I know you and I know what you'll do - panic and throw shade at nearly random people in a last ditch effort to avoid death. Your refusal to type up your reasoning for the legacy benefit to Town is scummy to the end.

You'd be better off jumping on a bandwagon of someone who might actually get enough votes to surpass yours.

Mind you, part of my non antipathy toward Dusk comes from the post you missed - it has reasoning. I don't think it makes any sense, but he defended his stance, so....

Honestly, quoting every post seems more likely to obfuscate than highlight and that would generally be a red flag for me, but i see where you're coming from. He's still more useful and less damaging than certain others imo. Lynch him later if he doesn't change. For now, I think there are worse.

(Re: my last post: My bad, didn't notice how big the quote was)

TheExodu5

Banned
Get your votes off Terra. I don't feel his play has been scummy at all. In fact, I'd say he's got a legitimate case against Dusk.

Not much time left.

Terrabyte20xx

It's totally fair to point out my naïveté. After all, you don't know me. You can't look at my play style to meta game because I haven't got one.

But this, this is a bad play. Conflating "not anti town" to "helpful" is silly. I know you and I know what you'll do - panic and throw shade at nearly random people in a last ditch effort to avoid death. Your refusal to type up your reasoning for the legacy benefit to Town is scummy to the end.

You'd be better off jumping on a bandwagon of someone who might actually get enough votes to surpass yours.

Mind you, part of my non antipathy toward Dusk comes from the post you missed - it has reasoning. I don't think it makes any sense, but he defended his stance, so....
Excuse me, WHAT HAVE I REFUSED TO TYPE?!?!?

And if I were so 'desperate', as you say... Then why haven't I role claimed, that seems to be the automatic eject button for every player everywhere in this game.

Excuse me, WHAT HAVE I REFUSED TO TYPE?!?!?
Reasons for most of your votes? You say you don't want to influence the but what they've already said is set in stone and we're approaching end of day. Much worse to meant town confused than to tip off scum who are already more attuned to our calls.

Of course you've already posted some info but too much info never hurts town unless you've got a gambit in mind... Which more often than not hurts town and seems silly day 1 anyway

You have refused to type your reasoning on each drive by post you made throughout day one, while assuring us you do nothing without reason. Please quote your own post history and follow up with reasoning for your vote choices in each one. Your words that you leave behind (if defenestrated) should be a matter of pride for you, that you contributed something even in the face of a (possibly unfair) death by your own partners (i.e. Game players).

Terrabyte20xx

And if you're talking about my strategy, it's simple. My drive by's were false accusations with no true reasoning for the sake of getting a response. People don't like it when you post a vote for " no reason" so I was hoping to get reactions from that. Depending on how they did is what would shape how I would advance. Problem is, no one responded.

And if you're talking about my strategy, it's simple. My drive by's were false accusations with no true reasoning for the sake of getting a response. People don't like it when you post a vote for " no reason" so I was hoping to get reactions from that. Depending on how they did is what would shape how I would advance. Problem is, no one responded.

You ought to post your reasoning for who you chose for this technique. You must have had a reason for each user.

And that wasn't a good tactic. You tried it and it failed. You should have abandoned it, at least 12 hours ago real time, if the lights were all on upstairs.

Please note that I haven't voted for you. I simply have seen nothing you've posted that convinces me you would be valuable through to day two.

Terrabyte20xx

You ought to post your reasoning for who you chose for this technique. You must have had a reason for each user.

And that wasn't a good tactic. You tried it and it failed. You should have abandoned it, at least 12 hours ago real time, if the lights were all on upstairs.

Please note that I haven't voted for you. I simply have seen nothing you've posted that convinces me you would be valuable through to day two.

Gut reads, I didn't like them, so I chose to explore it. It's day one, that's all we have on us.

As for the bolded, If you don't think I'm scum, that's reason enough, anything else is simply anti town.

Hi. I'm not scum. Obviously I don't have proof, and I don't think people piling onto me are scum either, per se. I'm not even miffed if I get the axe, since I don't think no lynch is a good play. However, let me ask you this:

Do you want to kill a snowman?

Enker

Hi. I'm not scum. Obviously I don't have proof, and I don't think people piling onto me are scum either, per se. I'm not even miffed if I get the axe, since I don't think no lynch is a good play. However, let me ask you this:

Might as well say which one you’re claiming with a blunt statement like that - Anna, Elsa or Olaf in the literal sense?

Terrabyte20xx

Okay, screw it, I tried doing it the right way, but at this pace we're dead if we don't do something.

Sept. Is Anna, I'm Elsa, we're sisters who in the game mechanics act as lovers.

This guy:

Is the "Iceman" Dean Malenko and served as my breadcrumb, now don't kill us!

Not feeling that Terra vote. Dusk Soldier is not my preferred lynch candidate but if it comes to a thunderdome between those two I know where I'll stand.

Enker

Well, time to think for a few minutes. Given my history with Mafia, I certainly can’t be the one to off Elsa however...

That said, I would have to change my vote to someone, and if I do it alone we only have a 3-3-3 tie, with two of those being Anna and Elsa. The other is Darryl.

In this post you are Olaf, then in the next you're Anna? Perhaps the mafia thread is full of "!!!!!"

While nobody seems to be counter claiming those role names, it means nothing because mafia could have a list of available names.

I don't think you're lovers, I think you're barely even friends.

Darryl

Banned
I'll believe this for now. No reason not to. I didn't actually profile Terra as scum, so if he's willing to vouch for Septimus then that's a thing

On the low hanging fruit category, we have Rynam, GC, Dusk Solider, Enker. There's also Freakinchair, Euphemism, Seath. Holy fuck. I have to leave for work so I can't stick around for the end of this. I might have a chance to check my phone but I dunno. I don't have time to look through these candidates. I guess based on his persona, I'd expect scummy Seath to act the way he is now. So I'm just going to vote with the gut today.

Vote: Seath

In this post you are Olaf, then in the next you're Anna? Perhaps the mafia thread is full of "!!!!!"

While nobody seems to be counter claiming those role names, it means nothing because mafia could have a list of available names.

I don't think you're lovers, I think you're barely even friends.
Maybe take a look at this guy if Terra and I don't make it.

Mazre

At work on phone

Next time claim Masons

vote: seath

Can't ever really interpret seath logically, this at the least will remove a distraction.

At work on phone

Next time claim Masons

Can't ever really interpret seath logically, this at the least will remove a distraction.

Is that to reduce the chances of being killed before the sun rises in the east?

So, lovers... Why didn't you bandwagon on Darryl, since that would put him over you in votes, and mean at worst a single town death rather than a double?

Top Bottom