• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Zatoth

Will probably not be able to post much before day 1 ends.

But my opinion on Seath did not change. So I will stick with my vote.

ultron87

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Seath unless they can convince me otherwise.

Fluff and RPing can be fine, but you need to have posts with some actual content for once.

Vote: Seath

I was initially suspicious of Weemad, but that whole long post, despite the reasoning I don't agree with, at least seems to be genuinely trying to figure stuff out. So I'm not feeling that as much anymore.

My reservation with Seath is one, he's more active than the majority, and also the last game I watched has a person with instructions from day one for RPing a role. What that says to me is just that this behavior isn't necessarily scum and not necessarily by choice. I'm not familiar with Seath, but there is worse behavior going on imo.

What the panda says. Out of all the scummy people here, you choose Seath as the most scummy? Why? How is he more scummy than, let's say, Septimus Prime, Zatoth, Rynam or any of the other persons that barely made any contributions?

I'm not saying Seath is the worst option today, I just don't think he's a particulary good one either. Can someone explain this to me with arguments that can't be used 1:1 against like 4 other people?

ultron87

Because they (watch the pronouns, all) are very deliberately posting nothing. They're putting effort into their posts by finding gifs and inhabiting a character but that's it. It's not just complacency, it is active nothingness.

Also, screw it.

I'm Giselle. So they clearly aren't.

Trigger

I'm not sure how to feel about a last minute role claim. The only way to verify what either of you are saying is a flip.

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm, it's hard for me to come up with a town/scum list at the moment because so far I've not had the chance to really get into the game and all my reads are very surface-level, but I think I can come up with a list of people I'd like to see continue on to day 2.

Darryl has been aggressive and pushing the conversation forward, and any accusation against him would have to be rock-solid to counteract that usefulness and convince me to vote him, which is just not going to happen on day 1. We can look at him again later but as long as he's an asset for town and not accused with legitimate reasons, I say he sticks around.

Seath is going somewhere with what they're doing, or at least I hope so, and I want to know what that something is. People who post obscurely are obvious easy lynch targets when we lack information to go against other players for more valid reason so I'm not immediately suspicious of those who're voting for them, but I'm curious, I want to know if they're going somewhere. Best case scenario they reveal their scheme before the day is over so my curiosity is satisfied and I have no problem seeing them lynched.

Royal_Flush I think has also been useful. I think he's concerning himself a bit too much with the newbies (Arthur's accusation/theory is not going to hold with this game's players), but he's useful and argumentative nonetheless and I appreciate it.

I don't think weemad are likely to be scum, freakinchair seems to be playing a better "town" game, but I'd still like to see both around; they're new, they're relatively active and they can become assets later (or slip up as noobs if either are scum).

I'm suspicious of Terra and Exodu5 mostly. One post's unpredictably and the other seems too safe. There's a ton of players I have no idea where you guys are getting reads from because they have like 2 posts and don't say much of anything. For now I'll keep my vote on Exdou5 and see where the vote swings towards at the end of the day (I'll be around) and switch my vote if appropriate.

Also, where'd Christina go? He was playing well but I feel like he disappeared the last couple of days.

I'd like to ask upfront people's opinion on Charleston. Do you think that what he said wasn't an upfront message to town? If he wasn't trying to say he was town, why mention being absent during a night phase? No one would notice except a scum team he was a part of and the moderator. And either of those could be resolved in other places. So why tell us unless he specifically wants us to think he's town. And if he's town, why not do anything useful with his posts? I also recognize that no one thinks I'm being useful. That doesn't bother me, but it also suggests it isn't worth taking any and for even informing the ignorant, please explain why this isn't worth a read at this point.

I meant to say but neglected that I'm aware that a vote for Charleston can look very suspicious if he flips town. Someone so inactive is an easy target for scum if they already know he's town. But, there aren't many votes. He has contributed less than nothing. And we're closing in on day end and no one gives a shit. Why?

ultron87

You mean this post, right?

Anyone who says they are traveling/on holiday is getting a vote from me straight away. It's too much of a stealth scum crutch honestly.

I'll be away from home Thurs-Sun but I assume Night Phase will have taken over by then.

I dunno, it doesn't seem that telling either way. Seems jokingly hypocritical. I don't think mentioning the full length of the trip and how that lines up with the game schedule is that weird?

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah I wouldn't read much into that one; I'm pretty sure you can find posts like those in all previous games and they won't correlate to alignment at all. GAFia sure does a lot of travelling :p also everyone wants to make everyone else think they're town, no weird behavior there.

Feel free to pursue that line of thought though; it's always good to have at least one player be suspicious of each one of us.

Kevyt

Vote: GreatCharleston

I am so sorry my sister! :(

Because they (watch the pronouns, all) are very deliberately posting nothing. They're putting effort into their posts by finding gifs and inhabiting a character but that's it. It's not just complacency, it is active nothingness.

Also, screw it.

I'm Giselle. So they clearly aren't.

giphy.gif

(I also make my own gifs)

So my good sister, that is such a bold claim. What I am concerned about is, have you found your true love's kiss?

Enker

He’s #1 on the “contribute or get votes” list tomorrow from my perspective. On D1, given the lack of information, it’s probably better to just vote for someone who at least has a chance to defend themselves.

I had a lot of time to think yesterday and my top two possibilities right now are:

Seath - Competing Giselle claim and not being helpful at all. Hinting at needing a true love’s kiss (Could this actually be Tiana?)

Terra - If he had just voted for me, then it’d be an OMGUS reaction. But he also voted for Gryvan, and both votes had no reasoning behind them. If it was to prod us to vote (or move off no lynch), then we had previously stated we were waiting to vote, or change the vote. Leads me to think, even though he was complaining about the lack of posts, he didn’t read them fully in a best case scenario.

Trigger

I'd like to ask upfront people's opinion on Charleston. Do you think that what he said wasn't an upfront message to town? If he wasn't trying to say he was town, why mention being absent during a night phase? No one would notice except a scum team he was a part of and the moderator. And either of those could be resolved in other places. So why tell us unless he specifically wants us to think he's town. And if he's town, why not do anything useful with his posts? I also recognize that no one thinks I'm being useful. That doesn't bother me, but it also suggests it isn't worth taking any and for even informing the ignorant, please explain why this isn't worth a read at this point.

Well, I don't have much of an opinion on Charleston. I don't think that the post is implying nearly as much as you're reading into it. He would just use scum chat if his communicating to them. Perhaps he just wanted to explain his absence? Low activity posters almost always slide through Day 1 because we have more to discuss from high activity posters. I'd certainly be concerned if he fails to contribute anything Day 2.

Trigger

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

I don't like the lack of clear reasoning in his votes. I asked for an explanation, but I wasn't really satisfied.

ultron87

(I also make my own gifs)

So my good sister, that is such a bold claim. What I am concerned about is, have you found your true love's kiss?

I'm sorry to doubt your GIF making abilities! That was uncouth of me. They're very nice.

But yeah, it may be bold, and obviously I can't prove it, but it is the truth. Which is not what you are peddling to the thread. I'll admit that Giselle was a pretty deep Disney cut that I had to look up when I got my PM, so I could see someone with a more insidious role picking her to masquerade as.

About Seath:
The behavior looks like a forced role.
Actually I can see an argument for a separate win condition, but it wouldn't specify alignment. I'm not sure what could be learned by voting them off? We'd see a role card, and....get no insight into anything but their own weird behavior.
I don't think the constant use of Giselle in gifs means they were claiming to BE giselle.
I have no intention of voting Seath at this point. I'll keep my vote with Darryl no matter how many bandwagon on them, because I think it's a dead end....for Day 1 anyway.

There's not much to be learned from removing Charleston either, but I'm not against a policy vote due to the lack of contribution before the away time. And, hey, he could be mafia.

I think we could learn from removing a low content poster who has hung around quite a bit. Royal's suggestions and explanations of septimus, rynam and Absolutbro make perfect sense. I also think zatoth is acting similarly. Perhaps they could remove my suspicions by posting useful things in the next couple of hours though.

Also Fireblend must be scum. How many times must I instruct you people on proper ways to address me before you STOP CALLING ME ARTHUR!!!!! Five exclamation points, the sure sign of a disturbed mind. You have actually driven me insane. We started out having so much fun together.

Kevyt

I'm sorry to doubt your GIF making abilities! That was uncouth of me. They're very nice.

But yeah, it may be bold, and obviously I can't prove it, but it is the truth. Which is not what you are peddling to the thread. I'll admit that Giselle was a pretty deep Disney cut that I had to look up when I got my PM, so I could see someone with a more insidious role picking her to masquerade as.

(I haven't posted any gifs that I made yet though, but thanks)

You never even answered my question!

Have you also found your prince?

Kevyt

Foiled again!

Nope! But I'm good.

Well my sister, it pains me that you think I'd try to be you. If you are who you are, I never claimed to be you.

The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?

I hope you find your true love's kiss and your prince~

:3

Fireblend

Banned
Also Fireblend must be scum. How many times must I instruct you people on proper ways to address me before you STOP CALLING ME ARTHUR!!!!! Five exclamation points, the sure sign of a disturbed mind. You have actually driven me insane. We started out having so much fun together.

Sorry! I was sure I called you weemad in my previous post, and I did, but I also missed a correction when talking about flush right above it, my bad D:

gryvan

May I make a suggestion and get rid of inactives cause GreatCharleston hasn't said or defended anything AT ALL because of his current situation so unless he can use a phone and comment on people asking for some response from him, he is the likely choice atm for D1 lynch.

Kevyt

As far as the pronouns, you guys and gals are welcome to call me he/she/it/they/them etc... I never really specified my pronouns, given that this is a Disney Princess Mafia game, it doesn't bother me how I am addressed. Don't worry about it as far as addressing me, I know it can be confusing at times so I just wanted to clear this. Let's have fun :D

For this game I also address you all as sisters, which I hope is fine, given that the theme is Disney princesses, so I hope that is okay with some of you and I'm not breaking any rules.

Thanks y'all! :3

May I make a suggestion and get rid of inactives cause GreatCharleston hasn't said or defended anything AT ALL because of his current situation so unless he can use a phone and comment on people asking for some response from him, he is the likely choice atm for D1 lynch.

Quite ironic given his post about lynching inactives.

Fireblend

Banned
Lynching inactive people is boring. The fact that they exist itself is pretty undesirable of course, but lynching someone who we know absolutely nothing about yields no information for us and provides the scum team with initiative; they control what information to give us. Unfortunately we've had a pretty event-less game so I guess it's an acceptable option. I'd rather spend my energy defending the people who've made the game move forward rather than the third or so of the playerbase who's said next to nothing.

That said, I wouldn't say GreatCharleston's lynch would yield no information. I'm just somewhat disappointed at how little we're controlling the game due to the lack of discussion today and how inevitably arbitrary our first lynch is going to be. Which is partly my fault I'll admit.

ultron87

I feel like picking off someone like Charleston on day 1 basically always results in a town flip. It happens because it is the easy vote that often doesn't even get opposed, so people don't feel bad about it.

I wish he'd contributed more before traveling, but it happens.

gryvan

Lynching inactive people is boring. The fact that they exist itself is pretty undesirable of course, but lynching someone who we know absolutely nothing about yields no information for us and provides the scum team with initiative; they control what information to give us. Unfortunately we've had a pretty event-less game so I guess it's an acceptable option. I'd rather spend my energy defending the people who've made the game move forward rather than the third or so of the playerbase who's said next to nothing.

That said, I wouldn't say GreatCharleston's lynch would yield no information. I'm just somewhat disappointed at how little we're controlling the game due to the lack of discussion today and how inevitably arbitrary our first lynch is going to be. Which is partly my fault I'll admit.

At least we aren't like the Love Boat people

if you've read that thread *laughs*

Fireblend

Banned
I feel like picking off someone like Charleston on day 1 basically always results in a town flip. It happens because it is the easy vote that often doesn't even get opposed, so people don't feel bad about it.

I wish he'd contributed more before traveling, but it happens.

Yes, a town flip from an inactive lynch is likely. Consider that being part of a team makes you feel more of a commitment to post to not let your team down, and they themselves will be encouraging you to post and not turn yourself into an easy target. So I think there's less of a chance someone's scum if they're super inactive and seemingly not even trying.

Best case scenario, we lynch someone who was a pretty bad scum player to begin with.

Worst case scenario, we're doing scum's job for them because we're denying ourselves useful information, and they can follow that up with another inactive kill and put us in a situation in which we have as much info on day 2 than we have right now.

Will probably not be able to post much before day 1 ends.

But my opinion on Seath did not change. So I will stick with my vote.

Charleston didn't contribute anything really. There aren't any scum vibes other than an aggressive neglect. That could be a scumtell, but it's just as likely not.

My preference is to remove a middle of the road, safe poster. I find this post by zatoth more suspicious than chucky because it is a common tactic by mafia, that I've read. Pick on a poster that seems odd, pack up and go home for long periods of time, etc.

Enker

I’ve decided unless things get a bit nutty over the next few hours...reasoning was explained in my last few posts.

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

The only way I would switch to GC today is if Scum literally said, “Hi, I am scum and so is GC.” Even then, it would make more sense to vote for that horrible player because GC is not here tomorrow either.

Bruh, it's day one. There is no information at all to use right now, so it's a waste of time to post lists (which I don't even like doing in general).

At best, these lists amount to nothing. At worst, it's scum trying to divert attention to other players.

Vote: Royal_Flush

Votes for someone for posting a D1 reads list with him in the scum section? Sounds like an attempt to stifle discussion. What else are we going to talk about?

VOTE: Septimus Prime

P.S. Enchanted was an underrated movie.

vote: Darryl

It's a D1 vote so it's not based on much. I also admit it's a bit of a meta vote, where both games I've seen him play super aggressive he's been scum, but while it gets some conversation going, it is always directed conversation: we generally talk about whoever Darryl targets. It's distracting.

So I didn't want to mention this since it's a rather short trip but I'm travelling at the moment. Will be back in the middle of Day 2.

If you're planning on throwing out accusations of being stealth scum, I'm ready to PM yenny proof of my plane tickets.

Won't be around for end of the phase and I'm not going to be changing my vote. Maybe it'll be useful to keep Darryl around for now but I don't have any strong reasons to vote for anyone else. I got into trouble before for joining a bandwagon.

I believe it's an unwritten rule that we spare new players from D1 lynches unless they do something obviously scummy. Would like to hear more from euphemism on D2 as she's been the least active of the three.

It's been mention before, too much inactivity/low contribution from a lot of players so far, myself included. Will try and change that.

Seath... yeah, probably one to look into another day.

Sorian

Banned
If we come to a point where this is necessary I don't think I want to be part of this community any longer. But we're quite far from there as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I'll personally kick people out if they start being like that :p

That being said though, I'll need everyone to send me their home addresses so I can send out my team to implant your tracking chips.

roytheone

Yeah, I'll personally kick people out if they start being like that :p

That being said though, I'll need everyone to send me their home addresses so I can send out my team to implant your tracking chips.

-Don't lie about real life stuff.
-Don't question real life stuff.

If everyone would follow those two simple rules, it should never become a problem.

I've gone back and read the posts by the middle of the road, safe players. That's a list that's three miles long. But I do think Zatoth is the most suspicious of them. However, I can't defend Terrabyte at all. His posts allegedly have reason, but he hasn't deigned to share any reasoning. I see little value in him overall.

Right now Terra has 4 votes
Darryl has 3
Bunch of ties at 2 votes

TheExodu5

Banned
Votecount

zatoth (0)
unmasked ferret 100 (178)

fireblend (1)
lone_prodigy 101 (102)
unmasked ferret 292

unmasked ferret (1)
christina mackenzie 119 (244)
dusk soldier 159
theexodu5 188 (247)

terrabyte20xx (4)
theexodu5 121 (188)
darryl 123 (124)
mazre 284
trigger 370
enker 389
seath 394

theexodu5 (0)
darryl 124 (177)

royal_flush (1)
flatearthpandas 130 (150)
septimus prime 326

no lynch (2)
freakinchair 142
gryvan 161 (281)
euphemism 196

dusksoldier (1)
trigger 151 (152)
terrabyte20xx 285

dusk soldier (0)
trigger 152 (187)

euphemism (0)
fireblend 154 (297)

seath (2)
ultron87 158 (240)
darryl 177 (228)
septimus prime 195 (326)
enker 212 (238)
zatoth 299
lone_prodigy 319 (390)
ultron87 352

absolutbro (0)
unmasked ferret 178 (225)
weemadarthur 236 (317)
lone_prodigy 305 (319)

enker (0)
terrabyte20xx 182 (213)

gryvan (0)
terrabyte20xx 213 (285)
darryl 228 (294)

greatcharleston (2)
unmasked ferret 225 (287)
flatearthpandas 274
gryvan 281
seath 367 (394)

septimus prime (1)
trigger 237 (269)
lone_prodigy 390

darryl (3)
christina mackenzie 244
weemadarthur 317
absolutbro 391

weemadarthur (2)
theexodu5 248
darryl 294

freakinchair (1)
rynam 259

exodu5 (1)
fireblend 297

rynam (1)
royal_flush 325

I don't really like where this is going. We should not lynch Darryl. I don't really understand the suspicion or Charleston either.

Septimus is the biggest suspect at the moment, with what I consider the first bandwagonny vote on Seath.

Vote: Septimus Prime

Darryl

Banned
vote: Darryl

It's a D1 vote so it's not based on much. I also admit it's a bit of a meta vote, where both games I've seen him play super aggressive he's been scum, but while it gets some conversation going, it is always directed conversation: we generally talk about whoever Darryl targets. It's distracting.

There's been just over 2 pages of conversation. The only reason we're talking about who I'm talking about is because there's not a lot else to talk about. This "super aggressive" stuff drove me to essentially drop out of a season game before.

Top Bottom