• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Zatoth

Still no idea who to vote for. Probably will do that tomorrow.

Can't say that I've noticed anything that looks like scum. But doubt that's possible unless mafia screws up big.

Darryl

Banned
I can understand that. Multiple prods on one person just seemed a bit excessive. After 2 votes I'm not sure how much more effective a prod can be.

It's not about the player you're prodding. It's about letting everyone else know that it's better to start speaking up than to let yourself get prodded. We need some solid fear going around.

Scum hiding in the background and only talking when prompted can get away with the game very easy. It happens all the time and very obviously. They just don't say anything that can be used to damn them. You are fitting the profile, too. You're just kind of sitting here waiting for an excuse to talk.

Darryl

Banned
The people giving me a slightly more town than not vibe are
Flatearthpanda
Ferret
Trigger
Freakinchair
Christina
Gryvan

Too many people have no commentary to get a read on
Terra
Exodus
Charleston
Rynam
Seath
Etc

I'm not suggesting everyone else is scummy. It's a disorganized thought summary. I've got twenty people to think about, and my mind can only hold seven things at once.

That is one of the scummiest town lists I've ever seen. That's also one of the scummiest scum lists I've ever seen.

As for my reads, the only player I like so far is freakinchair. His posts have this naive tone

That is one of the scummiest town lists I've ever seen. That's also one of the scummiest scum lists I've ever seen.

As for my reads, the only player I like so far is freakinchair. His posts have this naive tone

??
I didn't post a scum list. And I don't understand why you think the town list is scummy. I don't understand any of your post, really. I'm just trying to keep actual conversation happening, without everything being stuffed with fluff.

So much suspicion of each other, but is there anyone people think is town? The poor sloth princess Seath doesn't exactly strike me as scummy for one. I think he's become an easy target.

Vote: Septimus Prime

I think you're one of the people taking the easy road. Any thoughts on the other players besides Seath?
Not really, no. I don't have thoughts on anyone yet. I just don't think it's a good idea to not lynch on the first day.

My thought process right now is to just think about various Disney princesses and villains and wonder which are in the game. Also, who is the white haired girl in the pic in the OP?

Darryl

Banned
??
I didn't post a scum list. And I don't understand why you think the town list is scummy. I don't understand any of your post, really. I'm just trying to keep actual conversation happening, without everything being stuffed with fluff.

You know exactly what list I was talking about. Don't let your semantics chasing get ahead of you.

The town list is the 3 people who voted No Lynch. Which is scummy and btw, did you even notice my questioning of these players and their choices that has just gone almost completely ignored? Gryvan is the only one who has been responding. Is that town behavior to you? The other 2 players haven't said jack, either. Trigger is off in dreamland feigning concern over vote prodding. He's scum. You're definitely scum.

Rynam

For now i Just Vote on a No Lyncher, because I think that's not a Pro Town move, but I understand the reasoning behind such a Vote because I wanted to do the same thing in my last Game.
vote: Freakinchair

My thought process right now is to just think about various Disney princesses and villains and wonder which are in the game. Also, who is the white haired girl in the pic in the OP?

You mean the 2nd from right?
Thats "Kida Nedakh" from the Disney Atlantis Movie.

TheExodu5

Banned
You know exactly what list I was talking about. Don't let your semantics chasing get ahead of you.

The town list is the 3 people who voted No Lynch. Which is scummy and btw, did you even notice my questioning of these players and their choices that has just gone almost completely ignored? Gryvan is the only one who has been responding. Is that town behavior to you? The other 2 players haven't said jack, either. Trigger is off in dreamland feigning concern over vote prodding. He's scum. You're definitely scum.

This kitty's got fangs.

I think you're on point though.

Oh, ok, I understand now. I have 2 of 3 no voters on my towny list. And 4 others you conveniently gloss over.

Freakinchair is an ultra noob like me. You yourself just said they sound naive and non scummy.
Euphemism isn't on either list I posted.
Gryvan was suspicious to me at first, but his later posts were responsive enough that I backed off my suspicions and moved him up to the pro town list.

Trigger brought up a conversation topic to stir discussion instead of just fluffy posts (wanting to know if anyone seemed Town) and I responded to it so there would be discussion. It didn't seem scummy to me, but you may be right about the other post not wanting pile ons being a bit scummy.

You don't seem to have any arguments against panda, ferret, or christina - do you have any arguments FOR any of them? Or for anyone else for that matter?

I'm truly not arguing semantics (anymore, that was just because there's NOTHING to talk about on the first page and I was excited to play...)

My hear more list is absolutely a neutral list and not a scum list. I hadn't wanted to be rude, but you head up my scum list. I just haven't got all my thoughts together to make a coherent argument, which is why I posted a good/neutral list and saved evil for later. And there would be more people on the hear more list - my evil tending list in my head isn't made of 'everyone else'.

I'm not scum. So skip the drama please.

Pretty sure I explained myself clearly in a few of my posts. This kind of aggressive eclectic posting is going to get you targeted... which makes me question what side you're really on.

Okay, why is aggressive posting scummy/neutral-ey to you?

Could be trying to draw attention to himself as a target to be lynched or killed at night. Could be trying to assert himself as one of the good guys by aggressively accusing other people and painting himself as a target to mafia (but really he knows he's safe). Lot's of possible reasons.

All you need is your... imagination!

Mazre

Could be trying to draw attention to himself as a target to be lynched or killed at night. Could be trying to assert himself as one of the good guys by aggressively accusing other people and painting himself as a target to mafia (but really he knows he's safe). Lot's of possible reasons.

It would appear you've argued against your own position here. There are just as many reasons for aggressive play to be reflective of town. Without specifying one in the context of the current game you're basically saying you don't actually have an argument to make.

I don't have a better target at this point, and I agree with Christina Mackenzie. In my experience so far, scum often starts off early and casting the first vote because we don't expect them to.

Vote: Unmasked Ferret
Nah, in our "I RNG my first vote" meta that's a Null read. In fact, I am more suspicious of the people who want to slow this already horribly slow thread further down by lynching active players. If they are driving discussion, they are good in early game, no matter their alignment. That's why you don't ever lynch Sorian before D3.

It's a semantic argument. If there's a comma implied in the statement "let's get scummy, ladies" then that does sound pro scum. But I said IF. Anyway I want to see her contribute - it's been over 24 hours since start, correct? I'm poking at lurkers, and I believe she's been on the greater forum.
I want scum to win.

Look, I just posted something literally definite scummy that not under any circumstances could have happened by accident unless I thought this was OuterGAFia. I'm sure, it's just a slip-up anyway, and I just outed myself as scum, right?

And I thought, I was the one not getting "witty" comments.

Darryl, it might be nothing of course. But it's probable that there are like five scum in such a large game, yes? So I just suspect one would hide in the early morning greetings, and another in the low-post-count batch. I dunno, I've never been here before.
Nah, that's not how it works. Scum players most likely will have similar or lower activity than they normally have. If RNGesus has a funny day, all Scum players have similar posting activity. The biggets mistake you can make is "ok, we got the high activity Scum, now let's focus on low activity people". Concentrate on actual interaction.

That's at least one level too deep.

For now i Just Vote on a No Lyncher, because I think that's not a Pro Town move, but I understand the reasoning behind such a Vote because I wanted to do the same thing in my last Game.
That's convenient, isn't it?... Especially since you weren't even scum in your first game.

Enker

Nah, in our "I RNG my first vote" meta that's a Null read. If they are driving discussion, they are good in early game, no matter their alignment. That's why you don't ever lynch Sorian before D3.

Likewise with Darryl. Unless there's a blatant scum read of course.

A slow D1 will take care of itself when the flips happen and we see who stands where.

gryvan

Anyone who says they are traveling/on holiday is getting a vote from me straight away. It's too much of a stealth scum crutch honestly.

I'll be away from home Thurs-Sun but I assume Night Phase will have taken over by then.

Quick question on this, is the spoiler actually true? or was it just a joking spoiler?

And does that mean you can't vote over those specific days before night 1 starts?

Hmm...

VOTE: gryvan

Hi

It would appear you've argued against your own position here. There are just as many reasons for aggressive play to be reflective of town. Without specifying one in the context of the current game you're basically saying you don't actually have an argument to make.

Are there? You've supplied none.

Vote: GreatCharleston

Two posts. First makes a possible vanilla town soft claim claiming inactivity for night phase (but that's fine lol! ;P) and the second complaining no one is posting.

So what's popping?

I'll agree with chair, here. Not seeing any town reasons for overly aggressive play. Not to say there aren't any, although I would say it's bad play on either faction if you get people worked up enough they vote for you emotionally. Not saying I see that happening either.

Mazre

Town player sees slow conversation, this is bad overall for town in the long run, playing aggressively forces other players to respond. Town player has ability that will trigger if night killed, drawing mafia's attention would be a net boon. Town player who is vanilla, plays aggressively to draw attention away from PRs. Etc.

Use your imagination.

Quick question on this, is the spoiler actually true? or was it just a joking spoiler?

And does that mean you can't vote over those specific days before night 1 starts?

We're not allowed to post in this thread during the night phase, that's all he meant by that.

Town player sees slow conversation, this is bad overall for town in the long run, playing aggressively forces other players to respond. Town player has ability that will trigger if night killed, drawing mafia's attention would be a net boon. Town player who is vanilla, plays aggressively to draw attention away from PRs. Etc.

Use your imagination.
Or the Mafia just lets them keep at it until they get lynched. Good reads and investigation would make scum want to silence someone, not gotten harassment.

Enker

Two posts. First makes a possible vanilla town soft claim claiming inactivity for night phase (but that's fine lol! ;P) and the second complaining no one is posting.

So what's popping?

Plus if he'll be gone from Thursday-Saturday...well, it's almost Thursday...

The problem with prodding him like we did for Seath is that if he is telling the truth he won't respond. I don't want to create a defacto lynch situation just yet (even though right now No Lynch is winning).

A kitty with fangs. A kitty with a crown of flowers. A kitty with no common sense.

kdw5np8.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

No Lynch (3)
Freakinchair .142
gryvan .161
Euphemism .196

gryvan (2)
Terrabyte20xx .213
Darryl .228

GreatCharleston (2)
Unmasked Ferret .225
flatearthpandas .274

Darryl (1)
Christina Mackenzie .244

Euphemism (1)
Fireblend .154

weemadarthur (1)
TheExodu5 .248

Freakinchair (1)
Rynam .259

Seath (1)
ultron87 .158 .240
Darryl .177 .228
Septimus Prime .195
Enker .212 .238

AbsolutBro (1)
Unmasked Ferret .178 .225
weemadarthur .236

Unmasked Ferret (1)
Christina Mackenzie .119 .244
Dusk Soldier .159
TheExodu5 .188 .247

Royal_Flush (0)
flatearthpandas .130 .150

Enker (0)
Terrabyte20xx .182 .213

Fireblend (0)
Lone_Prodigy .101 .102

TheExodu5 (0)
Darryl .124 .177

Septimus Prime (0)
Trigger .237 .269

Dusk Soldier (0)
Trigger .152 .187

Zatoth (0)
Unmasked Ferret .100 .178

Terrabyte20xx (0)
TheExodu5 .121 .188
Darryl .123 .124

No active vote for Day 1:
AbsolutBro
Enker (has previously voted)
GreatCharleston
Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted)
Mazre
Royal_Flush
Seath
Trigger (has previously voted)
ultron87 (has previously voted)
Zatoth

Day 1 ends:
cya_1455915600.png

13 votes for majority

Mazre

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

2 drive-by votes, a couple images and some goofy story about RNGing yourself. Any thoughts about the state of the game?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

2 drive-by votes, a couple images and some goofy story about RNGing yourself. Any thoughts about the state of the game?
Actually, yeah.

Fluffy, really really fluffy. For some reason a good majority of posts serve as nothing but filler. Lots of "flavor" posts by people, but not much meat. Daryl is probably the only one on my "town list" because he actually posts like he cares.

As for my own posts, I don't post unless I really have something to say because of this fluffy nonsense. Also, my drive by votes matter, I never do anything without reason.

All that being said:

VOTE: DuskSoldier

A whole 12 hours+ since I posted and it's only been like... barely two pages? GAFIA ain't what it used to be that's for sure. Oh wait, you meant something else? I mean, I do agree with the sentiment for a Day 1 lynch, it's always been a good thing in the end. I don't immediately believe those against are Scum players, just a bit too pacificistic in Mafia.

I still reserve my vote until there's a land slide for the first day but I can always change my mind.

OK I can see that. Yeah this thread is slow and again I understand being quiet, especially in such a slow thread. So nothing/no one stands out to you yet?

At this point I doubt there'll be much of a landslide unless something really dramatic happens.

VOTE: Darryl

I can probably guess but could you explain why?

So even though you admit to understanding why a new player would vote no lynch, you decide to vote for the new player advocating a no lynch? Why chair over the others?

Seath, as a relatively fresh set of eyes, what do you think? Anything at all standing out or worth discussing?

Actually, yeah.

Fluffy, really really fluffy. For some reason a good majority of posts serve as nothing but filler. Lots of "flavor" posts by people, but not much meat. Daryl is probably the only one on my "town list" because he actually posts like he cares.

As for my own posts, I don't post unless I really have something to say because of this fluffy nonsense. Also, my drive by votes matter, I never do anything without reason.

All that being said:

VOTE: DuskSoldier

If you really feel like theres so much fluff why not try to stir the conversation a bit yourself? (Same to everyone else not really posting for similar reasons)

Care to explain the reason for this vote?

Pretty sure I explained myself clearly in a few of my posts. This kind of aggressive eclectic posting is going to get you targeted... which makes me question what side you're really on.

I agree. He's top of the post count, highly active and overtly trying to be town by prodding inactives and arguing against a "no lynch". The ideal cover for mafia.

Early on there's very little to go by, you might argue that the reasons I've listed are exactly why he's town. WIFOM, half-full/half-empty etc. My gut is telling me scum and not complaining about the "grey stuff " I had for dinner.

These are open questions directed to everyone, feel free to answer whenever or not at all.

1.How do you feel about weemadarthur's town list?

2.In regards to freakinchair's feelings on no d1 lynch, do you think he is just a naive new player, agree with him, or feel like maybe he is scum?

3.how do you feel about the Daryll vs weemadarthur thing?

My answers would be:

1. It's a nothing list. The reasoning behind the choices don't matter (not that they were given), he just put it out to seem contributive since I'm pretry sure there was no reason to give such a list at the time. Maybe he hoped to start conversation, but I'm leaning more towards him wanting to be visible.

2. Chair is a naive new player. I disagree with his reasoning but I respect that he's willing to stand by them.

3. Daryll is just doing what he does, he wanted a reaction and he got one. I'm still waiting for a reply to some of the later post in that discussion.

VOTE: Fireblend

We haven't seen you in awhile any thoughts on anything?

Darryl

Banned

What even is this? Do you think I'm scum? If you do, just vote for me. This is lazy FUD. I can't even respond to something so broad and general as this. I'm trying to win here, and I'm aggressively looking for answers because I know that I can find them if I try hard enough. That's all there is to it. If you want to do it, I'll stand down and watch you try. But right now, you're fucking voting No Lynch and telling us to wait for the PRs to work their magic. It's disingenuous. No genie is just going to grant you a victory here, you have to earn it.

Darryl

Banned
Oh, ok, I understand now. I have 2 of 3 no voters on my towny list. And 4 others you conveniently gloss over.

Freakinchair is an ultra noob like me. You yourself just said they sound naive and non scummy.
Euphemism isn't on either list I posted.
Gryvan was suspicious to me at first, but his later posts were responsive enough that I backed off my suspicions and moved him up to the pro town list.

Trigger brought up a conversation topic to stir discussion instead of just fluffy posts (wanting to know if anyone seemed Town) and I responded to it so there would be discussion. It didn't seem scummy to me, but you may be right about the other post not wanting pile ons being a bit scummy.

You don't seem to have any arguments against panda, ferret, or christina - do you have any arguments FOR any of them? Or for anyone else for that matter?

I'm truly not arguing semantics (anymore, that was just because there's NOTHING to talk about on the first page and I was excited to play...)

My hear more list is absolutely a neutral list and not a scum list. I hadn't wanted to be rude, but you head up my scum list. I just haven't got all my thoughts together to make a coherent argument, which is why I posted a good/neutral list and saved evil for later. And there would be more people on the hear more list - my evil tending list in my head isn't made of 'everyone else'.

I'm not scum. So skip the drama please.

There's nothing rude about calling out who is on your scum list. Your need to pussy foot around calling people out as scum is scummy itself. I'm always on scum lists, too. I really don't care. This is a game about currying favor only for scum players. You're concerned about your place within the game and not about the game itself. If the only player you can find that is scummy is one loudly trying to keep this game on track than I really don't think you're acting in towns favor. There are a lot of people here to worry about right now, the people fixating on easy targets for simple reasons ("aggressive") are always red flags for me.

Vote: Weemadarthur

These are open questions directed to everyone, feel free to answer whenever or not at all.

2.In regards to freakinchair's feelings on no d1 lynch, do you think he is just a naive new player, agree with him, or feel like maybe he is scum?

Eh. I'm certain about one person, share some reads, don't share others. A read list is always useful, odds are good two of us won't survive to the next day and even unexplained lists are useful after a flip.

Doesn't matter. There won't be a No Vote. Talking about it at all is just for something to talk about on day one imo and, honestly, there are pro-town reasons to no lynch sometimes. Null read for me either way.

Ambivalent on the tone. Overall I agree with Darryl. Specifically in regards to crying scummy behavior. Where there's smoke there may be fire, and if the link is the one crying then...

Clefargle

1. Anyone that votes NO D1 LYNCH should expect to be suspected, if they know anything about the game. But that doesn't mean anyone on that list isn't scum.

2. No lynch doesn't always mean naive, I've played this game about 15 times online and off and sometimes it makes sense to hold off on the first lynching as statistically you risk killing a townie this early. If you lynch the wrong guy and then mafia gets a free kill the net night you are in a worse position than if you had waited and only lost one. I understand the rationale for a D1 vote but this is my first game on GAF and I'd prefer to play it safe on the first day.

3. Seems a pretty common thing at this point in the game.

Let's all keep our ladylike composures and not get flustered.

tumblr_mf2nhwTY341qm2s94o1_r1_500.gif

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys. Sorry for my absence yesterday, I was actually kind of checking the post count throughout the day but didn't drop by to check what was being discussed. I appreciate the ping, Unmasked. I'll answer your questions first.

I'm not a big fan of lists at this point, and that one looks like a particularly arbitrary one, but since we're in need of discussion I guess it's welcome. I wouldn't be too hopeful about its future value, but I guess we can come back to it eventually if needed.

I think he's just a noob atm, per Occam's Razor. He's defended his position so far with pretty weak/noob-ish arguments, and I think if he was scum maybe he'd be presenting better ones. Then again maybe the rest of the scum team would let him post away like that because going against the community's "meta game" doesn't really give away his alignment. Either way, the simplest explanation is he's just a newbie.

Darryl is doing the right thing by trying to get a reaction; weemadarthur may be scum or he may not, but I think having something to discuss amongst ourselves is way more important than nailing scum on D1. We need to ramp up the activity levels here.

I have a couple other scattered thoughts:

Christina argues for Darryl playing "like scum would" by making himself seem useful, but other than the silly concept of playing like town being some sort of scumtell, it's not worth entertaining until we have a better pace for discussion here sans darryl. At this point I doubt any of us is willing to bet on anyone being town/scum, and we're perfectly aware that scum may play differently between them to throw us off (for all we know both Darryl and Wee are scum). All we have right now is what we have posted so far and you don't want to go after a player for being useful or active.

I'm going to

Unvote

and

Vote: Exodu5

You've been agreeing a bit too much with everyone lately; I think there's only one post of yours where you're not throwing praise at someone. Very safe posts. Show me an original thought.

ultron87

Yeah, this explanation doesn't make a ton of sense. which is really what I wanted to get out of you by questioning your reasoning. At the very worst Darryl is Scum who is doing some very townish stuff by ruffling feathers, which is what we need right now anyway. Given that the majority of players aren't even doing that much suspecting someone based on "they're playing too town-ey" is bizarre to me.

Aggressive play is generally a good thing. Getting people talking, explaining their actions, and putting people under some amount of pressure is what shakes the tree and lets town get reads. If everyone just gets to go "well I don't have anything right now, it is day 1" and everyone just sits on that and votes for a random person it gets us nowhere.

Zatoth

As promised I will make my vote today.

Vote: Seath

Why Seath?

Still not showing much activity. Started to post after some votes went his way. Posting gifs of Giselle from Enchated (had to look that up). Looking for his prince? May have to do with his role. May actually have to find his prince. Neutral roles?

But also a chance of being scum who tries to fake a role claim. May have waited for his Mafia partners to let him go that route. So he had to wait before he started posting.

Probably nothing at all. But that's all I've got for now.

Top Bottom