• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo is now live in Japan. Twilight Princess Picross confirmed

Saw this on twitter
https://twitter.com/FarmboyinJapan/status/710268105398718464
Includes discounts for games including VC titles and other eShop games.
My Nintendo is live, rewards include discounts for eshop titles, Virtual Console games, Twilight Princess Picross
CdthECtUsAAKpFA.jpg

Includes something called game tickets https://twitter.com/FarmboyinJapan/status/710273035991781376
Current Rewards you can earn: http://nintendoeverything.com/?p=402286
There's kind of a game-y rewards system that's kind of like achievements.
Kind of cool
http://nintendoeverything.com/?p=402286

FrsDvl

I look forward to it. Wonder if they'll ever get physical items back, or if it will all be digital from here on out.

Interesting.

The game ticket rewards are used to unlock outfits in Miitomo. That's neat. I honestly can't wait for this stuff to go live in the US.

I really hope they add physical rewards because if there's only digital rewards, then it's virtually useless for me :c

But I'm still excited and hopeful!

Seems like Club Nintendo without physical swag. Any word on how heavily discounted VC games can get?

Am I remembering things wrong? I could have sworn they said it was gonna offer a mixture of digital small games, discounts on proper titles, and physical swag.

Yukinari

As someone who rarely buys digital nintendo games unless theyre on sale and only buys physical copies of retail games this service is already inferior to Club Nintendo.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So how do I get my 1000 Platinum Points? Do you earn them in Miitomo and does it make it clear what you do to earn them? I already pre-registered for the app, which should give me some.

EDIT: Nevermind. That image that was posted seems to show how you can do it. Nice that you can earn points by just signing into the eShop and Miiverse. Looks like Miiverse will stick around on NX. Seems like I'll be able to reach 1000 soon enough. I wonder what linking Miitomo and Facebook does. If it doesn't auto-post or bother my friends, then I'll definitely do it.

DOUBLE EDIT: Super weird how Platinum points can be used to get discounts on games. I thought it would only be for Gold. I wonder how they pick which are Gold and which are Platinum. It'd be nice if you could buy Gold points with Platinum points.

-Horizon-

All these daily and weekly tasks makes me think that they want to use it to show off like "in the last month we have had over ____ amount of people accessing the eshop as compared to the month before"

Kind of like how other companies do "there were over ____ unique account creations on X multiplayer game since release"

Its a pity you need to buy games trhough the eshop to get rewards now, something I really never do, instead of having the pamphlet with the code with the physcial copies like the original club nintendo.

Hold the phone. I do achievements. Collect coins and use them to save on games?

For real?
Actually, yeah! I thought Platinum points were only for digital goods, but you can use them for discounts as well.
I wonder if they'll add this to console games (It's only Miitomo for now)

Kinsei

Banned
Hold the phone. I do achievements. Collect coins and use them to save on games?

For real?

Seems that way, assuming it's not a Miitomo exclusive feature.

Its a pity you need to buy games trhough the eshop to get rewards now, something I really never do, instead of having the pamphlet with the code with the physcial copies like the original club nintendo.

Yeah. I don't really do digital on Nintendo platforms but it looks like I might have to start. Hopefully NX has a real account system like PSN, XBL, Steam, etc.

All these daily and weekly tasks makes me think that they want to use it to show off like "in the last month we have had over ____ amount of people accessing the eshop as compared to the month before"

Kind of like how other companies do "there were over ____ unique account creations on X multiplayer game since release"
Looks like Microsoft was ahead of the curve with MAU /s

Mik2121

I try clicking on the link that the guy on twitter (FarmboyinJapan) posted but no luck. Wonder if the took it down? He says it's up.

maxcriden

Lemme see if I understand the different points.

Gold: %off discounts & full games for semi-premium or older games
Platinum: %off discounts & full games for premium games

Is that correct?

You earn special Miitomo plat points in Miitomo. You can use these just for Miitomo rewards? Or can you use them for any Plat point usage like described above?

--

BTW, easy to read list of rewards courtesy GoNintendo.com:

Miitomo
Mario Suit – 250 Platinum Points
1 game ticket – 85 Platinum Points
5 game tickets – 420 Platinum Points
10 game tickets – 250 Platinum Points

Discounts
20% off Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – 950 Platinum Points
20% off Dr. Luigi (Wii U) – 230 Platinum Points
20% off New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) – 750 Platinum Points
20% off Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) – 600 Platinum Points
40% off Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS) – 130 Gold Points
40% off Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) – 105 Gold Points
50% off Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (3DS) – 50 Gold Points
40% off New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) – 160 Gold Points
50% off Metroid: Other M (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points
50% off Super Mario Galaxy (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points

Games
My Nintendo Picross – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS) – 1,000 Platinum Points
Super Mario 64 (Wii U) – 120 Gold Points
New Super Luigi U (Wii U) – 240 Gold Points
Pikmin 3 DLC (Wii U) – 30 Gold Points
WarioWare: Touched! (3DS) – 1,000 Platinum Points
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS) – 50 Gold Points
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U) – 320 Gold Points
Metroid: Fusion (Wii U) – 85 Gold Points
Super Punch-Out!! (Wii U) – 100 Gold Points

3DS Themes
My Nintendo Theme 1: Mario – 200 Platinum Points
My Nintendo Theme 2: Donkey Kong – 200 Platinum Points

Nintendaan said Wario Ware Touched is for the 3DS....huh?
Useless for me, since I refuse to buy games digitally, unless they can get me discounts on retail purchases :p

They could offer the games for free and I still probably wouldn't take them if I can buy them physically.
Discounts on eshop only games? Also free games like Twilight princess picross

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I don't really do digital on Nintendo platforms but it looks like I might have to start. Hopefully NX has a real account system like PSN, XBL, Steam, etc.

Agreed. I'm looking to NX to decide if I will go digital with Nintendo. Wii U and 3DS didn't give me a good enough reason to consider it, but I'll consider starting it with NX. This points system is a good incentive to do so, given that they rarely discount their games. I only hope that the retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses that Nintendo is occasionally pushing don't give me a reason to not consider it.

Yukinari

I will say its very interesting that theye offering DLC as potential prizes.

I never bought the Pikmin 3 DLC cause it never interested me, but being able to redeem it for free is what ill do.

I will say its very interesting that theye offering DLC as potential prizes.

I never bought the Pikmin 3 DLC cause it never interested me, but being able to redeem it for free is what ill do.

Yeah!
And it's for a pretty reasonable price, too!

This is the way I envisioned Nintendo achievements working, with Mii costumes and such. It's nice that it's even more expanded than that.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Never going digital in general (VC or a small eShop title sure) with Nintendo or otherwise, but platinum coin rewards don't look out of reach for anyone. You get 100 for just linking to Nintendo account.

10 each for linking to other social media accounts.

Should be able to get an exclusive theme eventually. It certainly beats no rewards program.

This is really going to get me to buy more games digitally. The opportunity for daily tasks will also keep me hooked, if the badge center and pokemon picross are any indication.

Lemme see if I understand the different points.

Gold: %off discounts & full games for semi-premium or older games
Platinum: %off discounts & full games for premium games

Is that correct?

You earn special Miitomo plat points in Miitomo. You can use these just for Miitomo rewards? Or can you use them for any Plat point usage like described above?

--

BTW, easy to read list of rewards courtesy GoNintendo.com:
Why is 10 tickets less than 5 tickets?

All of this better be in NX..like all of that. Now those are some achievements right there.. shit you can actually use them to buy stuff? I dont see how nobody care about that shit lol

Top Bottom