• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo is now live in Japan. Twilight Princess Picross confirmed

neto

Also, why does it say 1-5 installs? Does that mean that I won't be able to install it 15 years from now when I'm on my sixth phone? Or does that mean simultaneously?
That is the number of people that have installed it so far and it probably takes a while to update, check on other apps it will have a bigger number

OmegaFax

There are items that cost up to $75?? What.

Also, why does it say 1-5 installs? Does that mean that I won't be able to install it 15 years from now when I'm on my sixth phone? Or does that mean simultaneously?

That's the number of people that have installed Miitomo so far. The counter hasn't updated yet because the app just went live. I had to double check this because I don't think there's a way to unregister Android devices or do anything other than hide them when you're doing a web -> device download.

Edit: and beaten.

kulapik

Hmm, 1000 mitomo points are $1? So you could get Wario Ware Touched and Zelda Picross for $1 each? interesting.

Nope, Miitomo coins and Miitomo points are two different things.

Atheerios

SAAVGSr.png

Up to $74.99 in-app purchases. Wow.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
That is the number of people that have installed it so far and it probably takes a while to update, check on other apps it will have a bigger number

That's the number of people that have installed Miitomo so far. The counter hasn't updated yet because the app just went live. I had to double check this ha because I don't think there's a way to unregister Android devices or do anything other than hide them when you're going to web download.

Edit: and beaten.

Oooooh, right. I totally knew that the Google Play Store tells you how many people have installed it, but I've never seen the numbers be THAT small for an app so it didn't click. Thanks for the responses!

Checking it out on my Japanese account right now.

It kind of takes you through a small tutorial of receiving coins and spending them. There's a "gift" that costs 50 that is basically just a graphical representation of your coins (boxes), and getting seems to be part of the tutorial. In case anyone else is checking it out, it does take 50 of your coins. You can try not to get the box, not sure what happens.

Discounts on eshop only games? Also free games like Twilight princess picross
That is definitely a possibility, but I can't get excited about stuff like that as opposed to physical stuff. Especially since I'd rather wait for eshop games to come out physically, some of the last time I bought digital only games, my impatience was rewarded with unhappiness due to them coming out physically (The Walking Dead, Shovel Knight, and Minecraft). So at this point, I'm pretty much a "wait for physical" for almost everything!

But to contradict myself happily, I am looking forward to Twilight Princess Picross! So you're right about that!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Is this the first DS game on 3DS? Did i miss something?
Not the first, a couple were available as Club Nintendo rewards (Advance Wars and Fire Emblem IIRC), and Inazuma Eleven has been available on the (NA?) eShop for a while.
Plus some DSiWare stuff too.

Dyle

SAAVGSr.png

If Nintendo's past f2p efforts are to be believed that might be the most you can spend on the game, at least for a certain period of time. Pokemon Shuffle limits you to something like $30 a month, so it could function like that. I certainly can't imagine any Mii outfits worth spending $75 on!

Platy

If Nintendo's past f2p efforts are to be believed that might be the most you can spend on the game, at least for a certain period of time. Pokemon Shuffle limits you to something like $30 a month, so it could function like that. I certainly can't imagine any Mii outfits worth spending $75 on!

OR 75 is the absolutly TOTAL amount of stuff you can buy if you don't receive anything from the minigames

edit : it says PER ITEM =O

enishi

Yes, even in the description page of WarioWare, it clearly states that it is 3DS download software. If it is typo, that would be a serious one

There is a page to enter "MyNintendo code", like what we did in Club Nintendo age. But no detail description is found so I am not sure if there is any linkage to physical copies.

Pokken has been out here (Hong Kong, broken street date) and no report on MyNintendo code. Maybe we will see something in later release

EloNoolah

Is anyone out there crazy enough to rack up enough points to get Twilight Princess Picross on the first day? Is that even possible? I'm eager to see footage of it.

SAAVGSr.png

OR 75 is the absolutly TOTAL amount of stuff you can buy if you don't receive anything from the minigames

edit : it says PER ITEM =O

Wouldn't that likely just be a $75 bundle of in-app currency?

From the other thread.

120 yen is currently roughly $1.07 while 8800 yen is $78.36.

It's clear the low bundle will be a $1 in English while the highest and "best value" will be $75.

As someone who rarely buys digital nintendo games unless theyre on sale and only buys physical copies of retail games this service is already inferior to Club Nintendo.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel immediately after seeing the first post. I won't be able to get much from this new service.

I assume recent purchases won't be retroactively applied to our accounts? Something like all purchases made in the 2016 calendar year will be added. It would have been nice to roll out the new program at the same time as the Nintendo Selects released. I couldn't wait any longer for Pikmin 3.

Terrell

Hold the phone. I do achievements. Collect coins and use them to save on games?

For real?

Basically, yeah. And I'm hyped.

Its a pity you need to buy games trhough the eshop to get rewards now, something I really never do, instead of having the pamphlet with the code with the physcial copies like the original club nintendo.

I imagine that, since this is a brand-new service and several games on store shelves don't have any paper inserts in them, there's no sense in offering a reward for a physical game purchase that you can't currently redeem anyways.

How about we wait before we jump to the conclusion that they're locking the rewards program to the eShop?

Why is 10 tickets less than 5 tickets?

Promo?

3 diferent currencies is ... complicated

Not a fan of the F2P-like different currencies model.

An unfortunate necessity, though. I mean, in-game achievements need to have limitations on what you can do with them. One offers discounts, the other lets you obtain entire paid games. You can't merge them together without the system being abused.

There better be a scarf in miitomo.

There's fishnet stockings in Miitomo. I'm sure you'll be able to get a scarf.

I think that's what they've actually talked about before.

It most certainly is!

That's weird. They should have just called them the same thing instead of giving them two different names.

Also, DS "Virtual Console" for 3DS confirmed?

It's to help people clearly see what are system-wide ways to earn points and game-specific ways to earn points. With only one game supporting these points right now, they've basically thrown them in the same bucket as the rest of them, but in a way that clearly tells them apart from the rest.

JoeM86

That's weird. They should have just called them the same thing instead of giving them two different names.

Also, DS "Virtual Console" for 3DS confirmed?

Na.
It seems these downloads are to the 3DS system memory, which is really finite. I reckon that's why these are just rewards and not purchasable content.

Banned
Omg MyNintendo is gonna swallow me up. I'm gonna get addicted to getting rewards, play miitomo, and become a Nintendo achievement whore with NX

Banned
inb4 the NX is digital only. Seems like Nintendo is shifting fast to an all digital ecosystem.
Well they are locking my Nintendo rewards to digital purchases only and one of their patents had a digital only sku for a console.

They will likely have a sku with discs or cartridge slot but the rewards are digital only.

inb4 the NX is digital only. Seems like Nintendo is shifting fast to an all digital ecosystem.

They're just doing this for their loyalty program, so I doubt this is a sign of anything other than Nintendo getting as commited to offering digital games as Microsoft and Sony are, not that they're shifting away from physical.

I'll still probably stick to physical games unless I can get good discounts on the digital versions (which seems like what Nintendo is going for with My Nintendo), but I still buy plenty of smaller digital eshop games (VC, eshop originals, and DLC) so I should still get a decent amount of coins to get the rewards I REALLY want hopefully.

kiri

I'm wondering why no one is talking about the fact that it's one account per device, leading me to worry about how we're going to have two profiles in a device (if you live in the UK with a Japanese 3DS for example) which ALSO makes me worried about region locking going forwards.

Tadaima

Just downloaded the app and it's a Nintendo experience from the get-go.

> Download app
> Open it
> Loading...
> "Link your account."
> Loading...
> "Content to download. Since there is a large amount of data to download, a Wi-Fi connection is recommended."
> Downloading a large amount of data
> Loading... (about 8 - 10% per minute)

Typical.

Nightbird

There's a good chance that we won't see physical MyNintendo points until the NX release,and I understand that.

You have games that still carry Club Nintendo point codes, games that carry no point codes, and then they are supposed to throw in MyNintendo codes too? That'll become really confusing for the customer.

Top Bottom