• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo is now live in Japan. Twilight Princess Picross confirmed

evanmisha

It only working with digital purchases is kinda stupid when you consider NoA releasing the Wolf Link Amiibo exclusively with the physical copy of Twilight Princess HD and not also on its own like in Europe and Japan.

I want to buy Pokken digitally for the coins, but I want the Amiibo card. What, am I supposed to buy it twice?

zoobzone

Is the Miimoto app not on iTunes yet?

I did some weekly challenge involving going on the eShop to get 30 Platinum coins.

Dee Dee

There are items that cost up to $75?? What.

I just want a beanie hat. Don't let the beanie hat cost 75 $ Nintendo, please.

I know approximately 2 people that I could hassle into downloading Miitomo as well, so I am not too confident I'll get anywhere near 1000 Platinum Points = Zelda Picross in the close future. I'll gladly take free Pikmin DLC as digital purchase bonus though! Smash and Fire Emblem DLC when?

I haven't finished Twilight Princess yet. Could the Picross game have spoilers?

Concerning Miitomo: Tough luck, only iOS 7 and up supported. This will come to Android devices too, right? Should I check my phone specs for compatibility, is that mentioned somewhere?

Kinsei

Banned
I just want a beanie hat. Don't let the beanie hat cost 75 $ Nintendo, please.

I know approximately 2 people that I could hassle into downloading Miitomo as well, so I am not too confident I'll get anywhere near 1000 Platinum Points = Zelda Picross in the close future. I'll gladly take free Pikmin DLC as digital purchase bonus though! Smash and Fire Emblem DLC when?

I haven't finished Twilight Princess yet. Could the Picross game have spoilers?

Concerning Miitomo: Tough luck, only iOS 7 and up supported. This will come to Android devices too, right? Should I check my phone specs for compatibility, is that mentioned somewhere?

The only spoilers the Picross game could have are on the front cover of the game so I wouldn't worry about that.

Elija2

If my math is right it should take less than two weeks as long as you do all of the daily and weekly challenges in Miitomo.

The Miitomo challenges only give you Miitomo points. The GoNintendo rewards list doesn't seem to differentiate between the Miitomo and Platinum points even though they're listed as different currencies.

EDIT: GoNintendo also messed up and listed WarioWare: Touched! as a 3DS reward even though it's most likely a Wii U reward.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I can only earn about 60 platinum points per week by logging in to Miiverse & such?

Feels like it'll take longer to get certain rewards that I want, like TP Picross. But I'm liking the rewards so far. Now hopefully we could see physical stuff returning.

Toki767

2 different currencies make this feel like a free to play game. One for actually playing. One spending real money lol

Miitomo coin is "Pt coin earned by playing Miitomo". it can be used to get the TP picross, so it's possible to get TP picross today.

Ivan 3414

Nintendo just needs to make a Picross game with downloadable themed puzzle packs instead of releasing separate games for a theme.

Honestly that could a good free to play game on mobile devices.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
If we can earn discounts and free games by unlocking achievements in NX games...

Wait, I thought Miitomo coins (other than for pre-registering) are special and separate from platinum and gold coins. Are you yelling me they aren't and playing Miitomo will net you 3DS/Wii U/NX downloads?

Edit: ah I see! So they're platinum coins just with the Miitomo logo at the centre, very nice!

Regiruler

If my math is right it should take less than two weeks as long as you do all of the daily and weekly challenges in Miitomo.

Those miitomo coins aren't platinum coins.

EDIT: er, I guess they are? I am confused by the different buckets in the picture then.

Pancake Mix

Elija2

Yeah, I was wrong. According to this screenshot, the Miitomo points also count as Platinum points.

CdtniU_VAAEx0Pl.jpg

I'm not sure what's the point of making them different.

EloNoolah

It only working with digital purchases is kinda stupid when you consider NoA releasing the Wolf Link Amiibo exclusively with the physical copy of Twilight Princess HD and not also on its own like in Europe and Japan.

I want to buy Pokken digitally for the coins, but I want the Amiibo card. What, am I supposed to buy it twice?
What sucks the most is that physical bundles with exclusive amiibo have more or less become the new normal for big Nintendo releases these days. But now it looks like they're going to cannibalize those sales by only making the digital versions My Nintendo eligible??? None of it makes any sense to me.

Doctre81

From what I gather the discount are not exclusive to digital games. Once you link your account you should get the discounts for purchasing the games physical too. One of the points of having this master account is so we don't have to enter the key codes anymore from the box. It will probably automatically up once you boot the game for the first time.

At least I hope. I'm not going all digital.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yeah, I was wrong. According to this screenshot, the Miitomo points also count as Platinum points.

I'm not sure what's the point of making them different.

But some items can be bought only with one of the other but some will accept both?

Pancake Mix

From what I gather the discount are not exclusive to digital games. Once you link your account you should get the discounts for purchasing the games physical too. One of the points of having this master account is so we don't have to enter the key codes anymore from the box. It will probably automatically up once you boot the game for the first time.

At least I hope. I'm not going all digital.

No, gold coins are eShop only for 3DS and Wii U at least. But I'm not going digital either.

Top Bottom