• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
dk60_01.jpg
dk60_02.jpg
dk60_03.jpg

Just announced at AOU, the final upgrade to VF5, two years after VF5R came out. No details but you can see from the video that there's a LOT of new animation that will probably make its way into the game somehow. There are also a ton of new costumes. From what I can tell the game is working a lot like Soulcalibur 3 with more ground-based stun juggles rather than float juggles, something that a lot of western gamers really hate to see (bodies flying in the air because of weak jabs).

Sega, FUCKING PORT THIS TO CONSOLE.:lol

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG_MpIipsEE

I just came.

fernoca

Dear Sega;
PLEASE PORT THE FUCK OUT OF THIS GAME.

Sincerely;
fernoca.

P.S.
And to every console and handheld device, not this cellphone only BS. ;)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Teknopathetic said:
If this doesn't get a PC port, I will fucking rage.

Better put on your I Am A Motherfucker shirt now and call the amber lamps, because everybody knows this ain't happening, sadly.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Teknopathetic said:
If this doesn't get a PC port, I will fucking rage.
I saw the pre-edit, and I feel a bit let down from a character perspective.
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Better put on your I Am A Motherfucker shirt now and call the amber lamps, because everybody knows this ain't happening, sadly.
Way to force the meme.

2010 Sega has been redeeming itself so far...
-Bayonetta
-Yakuza to the west
-Sonic 4 Announcement
-Afterburner Climax to PSN/XBLA announcement

let's hope that 2010 continues the good trend with VF5FS to PS3/360

polyh3dron said:
lots of port begging in this thread I see..

...COME ON SEGA WTF PUT THIS ON PS3 W ONLINE GODDAMMIT

Port begging's allowed when it involves VF5, especially since PS3 doesn't have an online version.

Make it an XBLA/PSN title. Take out the career/quest mode and give us a pure arcade experience for a low price like Outrun Online arcade and the soon to be released Afterburner Climax.

Glad I sold my VF5 not too long ago, I was counting on them releasing an updated version of the game.
I am sure this will come to consoles eventually... and if not, I'll kill myself. :lol

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Master Thespian said:
This shit looks amazing. If that exchange between Jacky and Sarah can be replicated amongst more of the cast....
I wouldn't count on that. They've had similar exchanges in the VF attract modes from VF4 onwards. They're not reflective of game play.

"Make it an XBLA/PSN title."

Noooo, hell no. XBLA/PSN games just don't do well enough. This game needs the full treatment (including marketing) to ensure maximum players and longevity. Or else we're gonna be sacrificing goats and sucking dick begging for VF6 2 years after that releases. AGAIN.

Dead Man Typing said:
Port begging's allowed when it involves VF5, especially since PS3 doesn't have an online version.

Make it an XBLA/PSN title. Take out the career/quest mode and give us a pure arcade experience for a low price like Outrun Online arcade and the soon to be released Afterburner Climax.

Eff that noise.

Give us the Evolution package with Quest mode, tutorial and training, a robust practice mode, VF5 online or better and some goddamned patches to keep it inline with the arcade a,b,c,d revisions it will definitely get.

DD only would be fine and even WELCOME, but stripping it down to JUST versus is a fucking awful idea.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
gutter_trash said:
2010 Sega has been redeeming itself so far...
-Bayonetta
-Yakuza to the west
-Sonic 4 Announcement
-Afterburner Climax to PSN/XBLA announcement

let's hope that 2010 continues the good trend with VF5FS to PS3/360
WHAT?????

Suzuki Yu

HOLY GOD ! i wasn't expecting this game to get a third update

Bebpo said:
Ah, so they didn't port 5R because they were waiting for this.

...right?....right? ;_;

i really hope so

MAKE . IT . HAPPENED . SEGA

KTallguy

Banned
Will this get me back into the game... or not...

edit: saw the vid, still not convinced. I really think they need to start from scratch.

Top Bottom