• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN

GhaleonQ

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The game that converted me to fighters and made me spent a half-thousand dollars going through SNK's, Capcom's, and Sunsoft's lineup returns!

GrayFoxPL

Looks sweet! I guess Sega has enough seeing T6:BR on top arcade charts and decides to fight back. Good! Competition means win for gamers.

Maybe there's chance at port this time. Now with all the fighters comming out it would have a nice chance for decent sales. Unless the focused only on arcades.

Was hoping that this would be an announcement of a console port :( I suppose if Sega wanted to release this for console they would have done so last year when fighters were so popular. I would settle for a PSP port!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Virtua Fighter, the only fighter where you can actually feel the damn hits when they land. Especially fucking Akira, damn.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Yoshichan said:
Virtua Fighter, the only fighter where you can actually feel the damn hits when they land. Especially fucking Akira, damn.
I've occasionally thought about making a gif/youtube clip of all of Aoi's reversals one after another. That one where she grabs the opponent mid-somersault and just snaps their fucking leg might be my favorite move in the game.

I was always really shitty when using her, though. :( Reversals just seem to be so not-worth-it in this series.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
virtua fighter was the only series where i changed mains in every game...its also one of the few games where i didnt really feel that any one character could obliterate my main or half the cast which was nice...if/when this comes to console i'll definitely pick it up

Sanjay

About fucking time the best fighting game gets another release and Sega porting to PC of recently has been good this gen so I'm still hoping for a PC port too.

Here's hoping this is the VF4:E of this generation. Meaning a console port imminent.

The PS3 version of VF5 didn't even have online (and of course no trophy patch). They have much to satisfy yet.

ArjanN

Sanjay said:
About fucking time the best fighting game gets another release and Sega porting to PC of recently has been good this gen so I'm still hoping for a PC port too.

This.

Blazblue and Street Fighter 4 are on PC, so I see no reason not to port Virtua Fighter 5.

KAL2006

Banned
Can someone make an official AOU thread so I can get info from 1 place. I have heard there is this game, new Melty Blood upgrade, Metal Gear Solid Arcade and rumours of King of Fighter XIII will be showing

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KAL2006 said:
Can someone make an official AOU thread so I can get info from 1 place. I have heard there is this game, new Melty Blood upgrade, Metal Gear Solid Arcade and rumours of King of Fighter XIII will be showing
Im waiting the KOF announcement to make the KOFXIII hype thread. :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Please get this a console port.

For those who want it, VFDC has a thread to do a petition for it- but would need 500 pages, and even then I doubt Sega listens.

Will likely be over a year before any console port, but it can wait.

Sixfortyfive said:
I've occasionally thought about making a gif/youtube clip of all of Aoi's reversals one after another. That one where she grabs the opponent mid-somersault and just snaps their fucking leg might be my favorite move in the game.

I was always really shitty when using her, though. :( Reversals just seem to be so not-worth-it in this series.

I was told you have to learn how to buffer in throw escapes during your reversal. That's my one beef with VF- execution on defense can get ridiculous (it's the opposite of SF4's problem, but VF's problem is nowhere near as boring)

I REQUIRE THIS

i gave up on R - the combination of having a) no home version to practice on and b) a job is unworkable in the arcade scene. and my PAL copy of 5 doesn't work on my JP 360 CURSE YOU SEGA

OutlawSamurai said:
looks good hope they add 2 new characters :D
So long as they aren't kung-fu users...

Boxing, capoeira, tae kwon do, sambo, savate, krav mage and kali are still out there and we already have 7 (or 8 if you count Jacky) kung fu styles.

hikarutilmitt said:
Eff that noise.

Give us the Evolution package with Quest mode, tutorial and training, a robust practice mode, VF5 online or better and some goddamned patches to keep it inline with the arcade a,b,c,d revisions it will definitely get.

DD only would be fine and even WELCOME, but stripping it down to JUST versus is a fucking awful idea.

I'd gladly buy the disc version, just like I did VF5, but I don't see it happening. The market went from no one being interested in fighting games to the market being over saturated in the space of a single year. I don't see SEGA taking the chance on a full retail release of an arcade fighting game. Not when they've seen great responses to their DD offerings. With something as big as Sonic 4 being only on PSN/XBLA/Wiiware and the success of Outrun, Virtual On and other arcade style offerings on these services, I think Sega will continue to put more niche titles up for download instead of in a box.

I hope I'm wrong. But I'd much rather take the DD versions over no port at all.

Pachael

Aoi <3, though her reversals still need getting used to. Back to Evo I go <3

VF5 Vanilla is looking really really plain now in comparison.

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Im waiting the KOF announcement to make the KOFXIII hype thread. :D

Because of that rumour I had a wierd fucking dream last night. :lol
I dreamt that producer of kofxiii, who looked like some kind of western movie director, and a bimbo were annoucing and presenting kof xiii by playing it on a tv set back to the camera so all you can see was their faces. They also talked some nonsense. :lol :lol :lol

I think that rumour is false. I'm sitting on the news, but there's nothing on aou about kof yet.

shuri

Banned
What's hilarious is that I think that the original arcade hardware for this is a repackaged PC.

IT WOULD BE TRIVIAL SEGA. TRIVIAL!!!!

Master Thespian said:
So long as they aren't kung-fu users...

Boxing, capoeira, tae kwon do, sambo, savate, krav mage and kali are still out there and we already have 7 (or 8 if you count Jacky) kung fu styles.
Krav Mage(To me)Is very similar to Vale Tudo(Vanessa's Style)And Kali is mostly weapon base. Boxing in VF???? I don't know about that. And as Tae Kwon Do, Sarah pretty much has that cover in a way, but having a separate character just focus on it will be nice(Similar to what they did with Vanessa in VF4Evo, they gave her style to Brad instead)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Oichi said:
Port begging is allowed until a proper fucking console version is announced. :lol

I think I'm the only person on the board that plays 5R regularly so I'll post changes that I notice from the trailer when I finish work.
Well, since no arcade in North America has it, I think you're right.

+1 on the port wishing, I'm going to 1000/1000 Tekken 6 eventually, and I'm going to need something new.

Isn't vanilla VF5 supposed to be on X360 Games on Demand, though?

Gyrian

I want this at home badly; I've spent countless great hours with VF4 and 5.
You could swear Sega just doesn't like money, based on how they treat some of their most promising franchises.

Bring it home, SEGAAAA!

MrPliskin

Banned
I'll go ahead and save my tears of joy in a jar so I can drink the bitter and salty product of never seeing this game on console over the course of the next year or so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Port! Port! Please port! Oh god I want it. I want ITTTTTTT

Heck, SEGA wouldn't even need to "port" it to PC, the game is already running on a Windows PC as it is, they just need to tack on GGPO and away you go, instant delicious PC version, that'd run on super low spec hardware (Linbergh runs on a pitiful 6800GT and P4) and can be distributed digitally for a pittance. Considering how niche and dedicated the fanbase are, they'd happily migrate to whatever platform the game is released on (and heck, who doesn't have a PC that matches Lindbergh's specs?) and its petty much a guaranteed positive ROI considering the costs are going to be so ridiculously low. Get on it SEGA, you know it makes sense, seeing those animations at 1080p with 2x2 supersampling and 16xaf sets the mouth watering, it'd be delicious.

Teknopathetic said:
"What's hilarious is that I think that the original arcade hardware for this is a repackaged PC."

It's a Pentium 4 and a 6800GT.

And running embedded Windows as well, right? Heck just look at Taito Type X titles, you can now run them on any Windows PC and compatibility is actually really good, and that was achieved by some bored hacker in a very short amount of time. It'd be one of the cheapest ports ever made.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
brain_stew said:
Heck, SEGA wouldn't even need to "port" it to PC, the game is already running on a Windows PC as it is, they just need to tack on GGPO and away you go, instant delicious PC version, that'd run on super low spec hardware (Linbergh runs on a pitiful 6800GT and P4) and can be distributed digitally for a pittance. Considering how niche and dedicated the fanbase are, they'd happily migrate to whatever platform the game is released on (and heck, who doesn't have a PC that matches Lindbergh's specs?) and its petty much a guaranteed positive ROI considering the costs are going to be so ridiculously low. Get on it SEGA, you know it makes sense, seeing those animations at 1080p with 2x2 supersampling and 16xaf sets the mouth watering, it'd be delicious.
see, with Sega you have to look out for shit like this that makes too much sense. :\

"Heck, SEGA wouldn't even need to "port" it to PC, the game is already running on a Windows PC as it is"

Linux PC. To be honest, I'll take it anywhere. I'll take it anywhere you want to put it sega, just give it to me. I need it!

Teknopathetic said:
"Heck, SEGA wouldn't even need to "port" it to PC, the game is already running on a Windows PC as it is"

Linux PC. To be honest, I'll take it anywhere. I'll take it anywhere you want to put it sega, just give it to me. I need it!

Ah, I thought they were using Windows like the rest of the arcade industry seems to be these days, still it'd be a pretty trivial porting job regardless, they could be as sloppy as they want because modern hardware is just so much faster than Lindbergh that it wouldn't matter. Heck do we even know if this is Lindbergh? Ring Edge is their modern arcade hardware, and that uses Windows, so if its on that then it'd already be ported.

Top Bottom