• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Sadly, I don't see this being ported to any console. :( It will piss off arcade ops and with how poorly VF5 sold on 360 and PS3 for them it might not make any sense.

However, if they market it right (Price it the same as VF4 Evo.) and get the press behind it, they could get some decent sales out of it.

GeoNeo said:
Sadly, I don't see this being ported to any console. :( It will piss off arcade ops and with how poorly VF5 sold on 360 and PS3 for them it might not make any sense.

Didn't sell on PS3 because no fuckin' online play.

Didn't sell on Xbox because it's not an FPS.

Port begging is totally acceptable as that's the only way most Western gamers will be able to experience the game. Assuming SEGA goes the extra mile and includes relevant Western market features such as stable online play. :mad:

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Port begging is allowed until a proper fucking console version is announced. :lol

I think I'm the only person on the board that plays 5R regularly so I'll post changes that I notice from the trailer when I finish work.

dave_d

The Take Out Bandit said:

Port begging is totally acceptable as that's the only way most Western gamers will be able to experience the game. Assuming SEGA goes the extra mile and includes relevant Western market features such as stable online play. :mad:

I don't know about anybody else but I didn't buy VF5 because I figured they'd release the updated version 6-12 months later like they did with VF4. (And come to think of it they released that version at a bargain price.)

goldenpp72

Sf4/tekken/SC4/ETC all sold much much more than VF5, on both.

CO_Andy

Ten Shenmue & Yakuza sequels for 1 VF5 sequel console port. Pretty please, Sega?

Lyte Edge said:
Is there any point in even hoping this gets a console port anymore? ;_;
Just be glad we're getting Samurai Spirits Sen

Wow, it's already been 2 years since VF5R huh? I loved VF5 but haven't touched it in a very long time - a port of this would be so nice. VF is really the only 3D fighter I could ever sink some serious time into.

goldenpp72 said:
Sf4/tekken/SC4/ETC all sold much much more than VF5, on both.

Every one you named also had *gasp* online play!

VF5 port tanked on Xbox because it took forever to reach the market, and honestly Xbox isn't really the market for VF being a super Western taste oriented console. :|

OMG, Burger King is making a Shaq-Fu sequel!
BK10BB_728x90_4.jpg

vgachi57

here's hoping it'll come to consoles... maybe as a greatest hits updated release like vf4 evo did for ps2. a lower price just might spur enough interest. not likely but one can hope

bon

Every one you named also had *gasp* online play!

VF5 port tanked on Xbox because it took forever to reach the market, and honestly Xbox isn't really the market for VF being a super Western taste oriented console. :|
Quest Mode is pretty much as good as online, unless you want to play with your friends, but even then it's cooler to invite them over for a VF partay and fight them in person.

The truth is, Virtua Fighter doesn't sell in the west because it's just too fancy for us. We can't grasp the sophistication.

KTallguy

Banned
What the fuck.

I've been playing VF for 5-6 years. I like the game and I even like Ver. C, but it's really same old same old now. Sure, the game looks better than VF5 vanilla, but if you look at Japanese arcades and see it next to Tekken 6, it looks utterly boring and unappealing. I personally hate Tekken and don't play it, but aesthetically Tekken brings in the moneys.

To have fun with the games in arcades the amount of knowledge required is pretty ludicrous... and long term entrenched users tend to drive novices out of the game. You know you're in trouble when there are video kiosks in the arcade teaching novices how to do basic combos.

I would love if they did a full reboot of the franchise with VF6 or a new fighting series, and radically changed the system.

KTallguy said:
I've been playing VF for 5-6 years. I like the game and I even like Ver. C, but it's really same old same old now. Sure, the game looks better than VF5 vanilla, but if you look at Japanese arcades and see it next to Tekken 6, it looks utterly boring and unappealing. I personally hate Tekken and don't play it, but aesthetically Tekken brings in the moneys.

I would love if they did a full reboot of the franchise with VF6 or a new fighting series, and radically changed the system.
Dude, VF5 and VF5R are two different games. The combos, the animation and the stages. They don't play the same at all fam. I know numerous people who actually played VF5R at VFDC. Like Reno, LA Akira, Brisal, Air Jacky and others. I play VF5 till this day. VF5FS looks totally different compared to R. I guess you haven't seen enough vids of VF5R at all with those crazy wall combos and stagger setups like El Blaze and others have. Turst me, AM2 always reboots the series....They only slack on VF4FT to VF5.

I would really like to get back into this franchise, but Sega is making it impossible. I wonder what it's gonna take for Sega to port this to console.

Yoboman

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Better put on your I Am A Motherfucker shirt now and call the amber lamps, because everybody knows this ain't happening, sadly.
It only takes one person to ruin a meme. You are that person

Brisal73

Its coming home... dont worry about it... Its obvious SEGA didnt want make the same mistake that they did with Vf4 FT.

One year from now

Brisal73 said:
Its coming home... dont worry about it... Its obvious SEGA didnt want make the same mistake that they did with Vf4 FT.

One year from now

I saw what you posted on SRK too. Do you know something about this game possibly to consoles?

I'll remain optimistic for now. :D

DR2K said:
Watch them announce a port for VF5R, lol.
Then we'll be suffering the same shit as VF4:Evolution and Final Tuned. (We didn't get a port of Final Tuned because Evolution was already released.)

I hope the lack of a VF5R port is because someone at Sega had the foresight to figure that people, despite begging for VF5R, would ultimately want a Final Tuned version of VF5. I mean, this is what I figured they'd do from the beginning. I hope I'm right. God, I hope I'm right - because if we don't get a port of Final Showdown, I'm going to fucking cry myself to sleep.

This will be real interesting to watch develop. This will be THAT game that gets the port and would explain why SEGA refused to port R so they could hold out to port this instead. Makes a bit of sense if you think about it. SEGA, I'm betting on you to get this right this time. Don't let this be a waste of my time.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Teknopathetic said:
If this doesn't get a PC port, I will fucking rage.

Just out of curiosity, why would this get a PC port, while no other VF game has gotten one?

DRE Fei

Hopefully this isn't SEGA getting everyone's hopes up just to crush them all over again. It's happened so many times already.

Brobzoid said:
cum in a pool of tears.
Yeah, that sums it up! :lol

I would so buy this if it came to consoles. given how dead arcades are here, I sincerely hope it does! Don't care if online is included or not, I can't imagine Virtua Fighters inputs working well with latency.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sweet stuff there, yeah I'd like to play this at home too someday...

Hopefully with remixed classic music too?

<3 VF2 Akira theme.

jaundicejuice said:
I would so buy this if it came to consoles. given how dead arcades are here, I sincerely hope it does! Don't care if online is included or not, I can't imagine Virtua Fighters inputs working well with latency.
the online wasn't that bad

Top Bottom