• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandoric

Banned
I felt like tling the Famitsu interview. I should probably put this somewhere of my own, but I don't have that. :lol

-- It's been six and a half years since the last increase to level cap. Are you planning more "Limit Break" quests (quests which increase the level cap)?

Matsui: We don't plan on having quests like the previous ones. I guess we do need to continue them somehow, but we plan on lowering the difficulty. Raising the level cap changes up the balance and is tough on the adventurers. Thus if they can just go and release it--. It's not like we do it to be mean (laugh).

-- You say you'll be raising the level cap step by step. What will the next cap be?

Matsui: We'll start with 80. It's been a long time since we set the cap to 75, so we want to make lots of changes level by level on the way to 80. We haven't decided whether to raise by 5s or 10s after that.

-- Once the level cap is removed, will the current HNM (an abbreviation for "high-level notorious monster", monsters designed to be fought by many players at once) be adjusted?

Matsui: We're considering not making major changes. We don't think it's bad that the fierce enemies and endgame content up to now can be taken on with fewer players. Instead, we plan to add new enemies to fit the new level cap.

-- With the increase in level cap comes an increase in support job level cap. Powerful magics and abilities like Refresh and Convert will become usable without having to be one's specialties. Are you planning to adjust their effect when used as a support job?

Matsui: Personally, I like the idea of getting Refresh from a support job. I'd like to see Red Mage gain an even stronger Refresh, making battles even more flashy as he tells everyone to "Go for it! Spam your magic!".

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

* About the expansion battle area "Abyssea"

-- You can get the third type of job-specific equipment ("AF3") in Abyssea, but will you need to buy all three Abysseas to get it all?

Ito: You can get it all from a single package. Depending on which you have, different materials will be available for "Magian's Trials", and its objectives will differ.

-- What are the major differences between the three packages?

Tanaka: They each contain different areas, and the monsters that appear are different. You can choose between them according to your goals.

Ito: Unlike Dynamis, a single area one must reserve, Abyssea can be entered freely by anyone. It can even be soloed.

* About "Final Fantasy XIV"

-- You announced "Final Fantasy XIV"'s α and β test participants, but can you give us a solid date?

Tanaka: They will be displayed on the β tester site that goes live March 11th. We're currently making major adjustments, so the dates may change one way or the other.

-- How long will the α test be?

Tanaka: That depends on the response from the testers.

-- The cheers were quite impressive when you announced the "FFXIV" β test. How did that feel?

Kawamoto: I was overjoyed. I didn't expect them to cheer that loud. (laughs)

Shouta

I wonder what ideas they have for skills int he ensuing 24 levels that they have after raising the cap. They really should try some fancy things with them now that they've gone just buck wild.

Here's hoping they give PUPs a super automaton that looks like a human or some kind of super-powerful looking being (since Alexander is out of the question now).

demigod

Nose Master said:
The CoP cap removal is complete bullshit. Having to muscle through that (pre-nerf) adhering to the level cap, were some of the most frustrating and rewarding moments I've had. And the most fun. Fuck Ouryu. Now some jackass level 75 can solo through what originally took weeks of planning and actual strategy. :(.

PS: Reactivated a buddies account on Ifrit today. Ding 7!

Stop overreacting. They aren't taking away BCNM lvl caps. These are zone caps. There is *nothing* special about going thru a zone with lvl cap when I did it last summer. In fact, I think it's stupid to cap zones where you can't use your subjobs abilities. Having to run thru Riverne under cap just to do Bahamut is pretty damn stupid as well.

Mandoric

Banned
Shouta said:
I wonder what ideas they have for skills int he ensuing 24 levels that they have after raising the cap. They really should try some fancy things with them now that they've gone just buck wild.

Here's hoping they give PUPs a super automaton that looks like a human or some kind of super-powerful looking being (since Alexander is out of the question now).

Waiting for my megamerits. TP cap +20 (3->4->5->5->5) prz.

Jinko

Reactivated my account today anyone on Fairy who's got a LS I could join, Social might be best until I get on my feet so to speak. :D

Nif

Fucking SE. Servers merging into other servers get screwed. Linkshells are being deleted and if someone on that server has a mule with your name, you have to change it. :( March 9. This is depressing.

Mandoric

Banned
Nif said:
Fucking SE. Servers merging into other servers get screwed. Linkshells are being deleted and if someone on that server has a mule with your name, you have to change it. :( March 9. This is depressing.

Have they given exact details of name priorities somewhere? I know a number of people have tried to make mules with their name on their new home, but been rejected, even though ffxiah doesn't list a character under the name. Could mean a mule already exists, but could mean prereservations when they decided to merge.

Shouta said:

Well we already have the unused or NPC-only-used magic spells hidden in the dats for example. They could just use those + some new spells like the mentioned super-refresh :lol (though as I'm only having a lv75 RDM I fear a bit for my usefulness :/ )
Actually, wasn't it already mentioned BLM getting stuff like meteor now?

I hope they also combine it with the merit system. You should now get limit AND exp at the same time so you basically level up and choose your own skills + some new stuff level-dependant.

btw. damned they should have merged Fairy + Asura, I'm on Asura and would have welcomed our fairy invaders from GAF ^^

Jbird34

Can I just say that I am deeply offended that there are no Hume, Galka or Elvaan in the official 2010 banner. This game is racist towards Taru and Manthra's. All I know is whoever made the banner has a sick taru fetish, unless it was a galka who made it and then I would think he was just hungry... :D

DrForester said:
Why wouldn't they? The problem has never been the areas themselves, but the bosses.

I assume they're doing this to open up more camps. Not to make the missions easier. I agree that they'll probably leave bosses capped, or adjust them to be a challenge to level 75 players.

DrForester said:
Why wouldn't they? The problem has never been the areas themselves, but the bosses.

I'm sure the capped fights will remain that way so as not to remove the challenge from the game. I don't think they want to make it a cake walk, just open up more zones as viable leveling areas and stuff. I wanna xp party in a prommy!

ashism

Freaking payer authentication won't work on SE's end. Can't register until it does.

Slightly annoyed, and I haven't even started patching yet.

hgplayer1

ashism said:
Freaking payer authentication won't work on SE's end. Can't register until it does.

Slightly annoyed, and I haven't even started patching yet.

they do maintenance at the start of every month so signing back up today is about as bad as it gets.

I dont remember how long the maintenance lasts but maybe try again tomorrow?

ashism

Wee, finally worked. Now for patching.

See everyone on fairy in like, 3 days. Not really, but patching seems that long sometimes!

demigod

DrForester said:

Abolishment of Promathia *area* level caps. This will make farming subligars,swift belts, soboro easier. The bosses in the bcnm are beatable, they aren't going to make it easier for people to walk thru them. If they uncap those bcnm, they might as well uncap every bcnm in the game, which isn't going to happen.

B.K.

Reactivated my character. I'm downloading the 10,000 update files. It's going to take a while.

I bought a cheap third party 360 controller to use with the game. I know the triggers don't work, but does the right analog stick work? I can live with just the four face buttons and triggers, but I need the right stick for the camera.

Nakazato

B.K. said:
Reactivated my character. I'm downloading the 10,000 update files. It's going to take a while.

I bought a cheap third party 360 controller to use with the game. I know the triggers don't work, but does the right analog stick work? I can live with just the four face buttons and triggers, but I need the right stick for the camera.
i use a ps3 controller myself

So I've been meaning for a little while to ask about the gaf LS. Now seems like a good time with a lot of people jumping back in. I'm Narissa on Fairy.

Been trying to figure things out on my own in Bastok for a week or so. This game is ridiculously tough for new people.

Teknoman

Absoludacrous said:
So I've been meaning for a little while to ask about the gaf LS. Now seems like a good time with a lot of people jumping back in. I'm Narissa on Fairy.

Been trying to figure things out on my own in Bastok for a week or so. This game is ridiculously tough for new people.

Just search for any of the people in the opening post and they should be able to give you a linkpearl.

Of course we're going to have to do alot of repearling later this week after the big world merge.

Announcing the World Merge

To allow players to enjoy all the content the game has to offer, we will be performing a World Merge.

Please refer to the "Guidance on the World Merge" for more details.

[Guidance on the World Merge]

- Schedule
World Merge will be performed during the upcoming version update. Once the version update is complete, characters from the "Source Worlds" will be migrated automatically to the "Destination Worlds".

* The schedule for the version update will be released at a later date.

- Details on the World Merge
The following is a list of worlds designated for the World Merge.
Source World Destination World

Fairy -> Sylph
Kujata -> Valefor
Remora -> Leviathan
Midgardsormr -> Quetzarcoatl
Hades -> Cerberus
Seraph -> Bismarck
Garuda -> Lakshmi
Pandemonium -> Asura

* Other worlds will not be affected.

- Things to note for the World Merge
Character Data:
Other than the data listed below, all character data will be transferred to the new world. This includes character status, belongings, gil and key items.

Character Name:
In cases where a character with the same name already exists on the "Destination World," you may be required to change the name of your character. If this is necessary, your character name on the character selection screen before login will be displayed in yellow. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the change.

Changing the character name will not affect data such as your Friends List.

Items stored in the Delivery Box or Auction House:
Items and gil stored in the Delivery Box or Auction House will be deleted automatically when the World Merge takes place. Please move them to your character's belongings or Mog Safe before the World Merge.

Please note that items and gil lost in the merge cannot be restored through the Item Restoration service.

Linkshell, Pearlsack and Linkpearl:
Pearlsacks and Linkpearls cannot be carried over to the "Destination World," and will disappear during the World Merge. Linkshell owners will receive an unopened Linkshell when they log into the "Destination World" for the first time. Unopened Linkshells will not be affected by the merge.

Please note that you will need to create a new Linkshell Community after creating a new linkshell on the "Destination World."

- Suspension of the World Transfer Service
The World Transfer service will be suspended from Mar. 9, 2010 7:00 PST until the World Merge is complete.

- Suspension of the Character Reactivation Service
The Character Reactivation Service will be suspended from Mar. 10, 2010 1:00 PST until the World Merge is complete.

- Regarding the worlds Odin and Bahamut
After the World Merge is complete, the following services will be reinstated:

Character transfers to Odin/Bahamut.
Creating a new character on Odin/Bahamut.
Issuing a Gold World Pass on Odin/Bahamut.

Nakazato

Absoludacrous said:
best thing you can do is try to make it to 20 asap casue after you get to Jeuno it makes things easier (equipment wise)

hgplayer1

a more realistic goal would be get to lvl 10 and lvl some other jobs that will become your subjobs.

what happens at lvl 10? Valkurm MFing DOONS

B.K.

Nakazato said:
i use a ps3 controller myself

I did too on my old computer, but now I"m on a new computer that has Windows 7 64bit. It's almost impossible to get a Dualshock 3/Sixaxis working on it.

Teknoman

Absoludacrous said:
Ah, that would explain the wasteland that is Bastok

Things might be packed after we merge with Sylph. I'd like to see the 3 main cities have a more new people running around :D

Nakazato

hgplayer1 said:
a more realistic goal would be get to lvl 10 and lvl some other jobs that will become your subjobs.

what happens at lvl 10? Valkurm MFing DOONS

The Dunes are hell i fucking hated the dunes and Garlaige Citadel

B.K. said:
I did too on my old computer, but now I"m on a new computer that has Windows 7 64bit. It's almost impossible to get a Dualshock 3/Sixaxis working on it.
That sucks i was thinking about updating to 7 now i may wait till XP stops getting updates :\

Deku

Banned
Mandoric said:
I felt like tling the Famitsu interview. I should probably put this somewhere of my own, but I don't have that. :lol

-- It's been six and a half years since the last increase to level cap. Are you planning more "Limit Break" quests (quests which increase the level cap)?

Matsui: We don't plan on having quests like the previous ones. I guess we do need to continue them somehow, but we plan on lowering the difficulty. Raising the level cap changes up the balance and is tough on the adventurers. Thus if they can just go and release it--. It's not like we do it to be mean (laugh).

-- You say you'll be raising the level cap step by step. What will the next cap be?

Matsui: We'll start with 80. It's been a long time since we set the cap to 75, so we want to make lots of changes level by level on the way to 80. We haven't decided whether to raise by 5s or 10s after that.

-- Once the level cap is removed, will the current HNM (an abbreviation for "high-level notorious monster", monsters designed to be fought by many players at once) be adjusted?

Matsui: We're considering not making major changes. We don't think it's bad that the fierce enemies and endgame content up to now can be taken on with fewer players. Instead, we plan to add new enemies to fit the new level cap.

-- With the increase in level cap comes an increase in support job level cap. Powerful magics and abilities like Refresh and Convert will become usable without having to be one's specialties. Are you planning to adjust their effect when used as a support job?

Matsui: Personally, I like the idea of getting Refresh from a support job. I'd like to see Red Mage gain an even stronger Refresh, making battles even more flashy as he tells everyone to "Go for it! Spam your magic!".

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

* About the expansion battle area "Abyssea"

-- You can get the third type of job-specific equipment ("AF3") in Abyssea, but will you need to buy all three Abysseas to get it all?

Ito: You can get it all from a single package. Depending on which you have, different materials will be available for "Magian's Trials", and its objectives will differ.

-- What are the major differences between the three packages?

Tanaka: They each contain different areas, and the monsters that appear are different. You can choose between them according to your goals.

Ito: Unlike Dynamis, a single area one must reserve, Abyssea can be entered freely by anyone. It can even be soloed.

* About "Final Fantasy XIV"

-- You announced "Final Fantasy XIV"'s α and β test participants, but can you give us a solid date?

Tanaka: They will be displayed on the β tester site that goes live March 11th. We're currently making major adjustments, so the dates may change one way or the other.

-- How long will the α test be?

Tanaka: That depends on the response from the testers.

-- The cheers were quite impressive when you announced the "FFXIV" β test. How did that feel?

Kawamoto: I was overjoyed. I didn't expect them to cheer that loud. (laughs)

Very nice.

jiggle

When you are lv 12-14, you can wait around in bastok mines and someone will invite you to a summoner burn party
it'll take u to lv22-24 in like 30 minutes and you don't have to do anything

but u lose out on valuable learning experience
but it's a good way to bypass partying in vakurm dunes

Mandoric

Banned
B.K. said:

It's pretty easy, just annoying. Install MotionInJoy normally, then press F8 while booting and select "disable driver signing"; it'll stick until next reboot, even if you sleep/hibernate. I only have to remember to do it every few months.

jiggle said:
When you are lv 12-14, you can wait around in bastok mines and someone will invite you to a summoner burn party
it'll take u to lv22-24 in like 30 minutes and you don't have to do anything

but u lose out on valuable learning experience
but it's a good way to bypass partying in vakurm dunes

Form a worms party in Korroloka, it's the best of both worlds. Easily 10-15k with rings if there's no competition, no need for a proper tank, you still gain skill and learn the party ropes. And it uses different mobs than smnburns, so you can coexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom