• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
One Piece

A grand finish to Whitebeard. Those who were doubting his badassness are quieted. He really was the most powerful man on the sea and Oda showed it with this arc. Fantastic finish. The man is now a legend.

Also I might be off, but I read the raw first and then the mangastream scan and I swear there were a ton of mistranslations of important story info throughout. I'm gonna have to double check the raw and see.

Just off the top of my head,
-Whitebeard didn't try to kill Teach at the very end. He spared Teach his life and in return Teach killed him.
-Whitebeard says to Sengoku that everything the world government has been doing has been done because they are scared of the "great war" that is to come.
-Whitebeard doesn't say "send someone to find one piece" to the government, wtf. He says someone will find One Piece.

I think the implication was that One Piece is what will trigger the great war that ends all wars once it is found. A weapon? I dunno. He says it will surprise everyone.

flawfuls said:
Dorohedoro is one of the best action manga out there. It's takes place in an urban setting, but the world still has magic and the like. The action in the manga is really brutal, but the manga as a whole is very light hearted and funny. It's sort of hard to accurately describe the manga is excellent and very unique.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp142/flawfuls/dorohedoro12_0079.png

Freesia is also great, it's about people called enforcers who preform government mandated vengeance killings on ex criminals. It takes place in a seriously messed up city and most of the characters are crazy. The main character in particular has no grasp on reality whatsoever. It's one of my favourite manga, but be warned its kinda of disturbing and very NSFW.

http://i47.tinypic.com/volvl4.jpg

Loving the designs in Dorohedoro. I'll have to check it out.

God's Beard said:
Can anyone recommend me some well-written seinen that are grounded at least mostly in reality? I'm talking crime/political thrillers, mystery, drama, maybe a little sci-fi. Here's the kind of stuff I like:

Great:
Sanctuary
Lone Wolf and Cub
Ghost in the Shell
REAL

I also recently read Monster, which I thought was pretty good. I know that there are some people in this thread that have very atypical preferences, so I'd like some stuff that I wouldn't otherwise hear of. I haven't actively searched for new manga to read for at least 5 or 6 years, and it's been longer since I've sifted through IRC channels for hidden gems, so if you have some good reads, I'd like to see what you've got. Maybe if I start reading stuff I like, Grimace will stop complaining about my attitude.

Gantz is the manga you are looking for. The characters seem real with flaws and all of the locations are real. Its Sci Fi mixed with some fan service and over the top gore. The story is crazy and you never really know the answers the the mangas mysterious questions. It is also VERY unpredictable and no characters are safe from plot armor.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
God's Beard said:
Can anyone recommend me some well-written seinen that are grounded at least mostly in reality? I'm talking crime/political thrillers, mystery, drama, maybe a little sci-fi. Here's the kind of stuff I like:

Great:
Sanctuary
Lone Wolf and Cub
Ghost in the Shell
REAL

I also recently read Monster, which I thought was pretty good. I know that there are some people in this thread that have very atypical preferences, so I'd like some stuff that I wouldn't otherwise hear of. I haven't actively searched for new manga to read for at least 5 or 6 years, and it's been longer since I've sifted through IRC channels for hidden gems, so if you have some good reads, I'd like to see what you've got. Maybe if I start reading stuff I like, Grimace will stop complaining about my attitude.
Vagabond should please you.

God's Beard said:

Great:
Sanctuary
Lone Wolf and Cub
Ghost in the Shell
REAL

Now when you say grounded in reality, do you mean something that takes place in our world where plausible stuff happens or something that takes place in our world but something that could never happen happens yet people still tackle it rationally and act as if it could happen in our world?

In the unlikely event you understand that sentence, Bokurano definitely fits the latter. There isn't that big of a focus on politics but it is interesting to see how people react to the crisis the world faces.

S. L.

God's Beard said:

Great:
Sanctuary
Lone Wolf and Cub
Ghost in the Shell
REAL

Jiraishin is pretty good imo
it's about a cold blooded Police guy, sorta gritty with good art

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
God's Beard said:

Great:
Sanctuary
Lone Wolf and Cub
Ghost in the Shell
REAL

There's no pleasing the Beard. Why try? :D

Dascu

God's Beard said:

Great:
Sanctuary
Lone Wolf and Cub
Ghost in the Shell
REAL

Jiraishin
It's a collection of cop stories centered around the cold and hardened detective Kyoya Ida. It's one of my favourite mangas and it hurts me to see that it never gets mentioned in manga threads here. Be warned, it can be quite graphic at times.

I'll take the opportunity to also mention two other manga by the same author (Tsutomu Takahashi), namely Blue Heaven and Sidooh. The former's about a psychopath killer going on a killing spree on board a cruise ship, the latter's an on-going series about two wannabe samurai youth.

Edit:
S. L. said:
fuk yea

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Host Samurai said:
Gantz is the manga you are looking for. The characters seem real with flaws and all of the locations are real. Its Sci Fi mixed with some fan service and over the top gore. The story is crazy and you never really know the answers the the mangas mysterious questions. It is also VERY unpredictable and no characters are safe from plot armor.
Except that since they're all saved on a flash drive somewhere, none of that really matters. They can be brought back whenever the author feels like it.

It also suffers from the confusion between not making sense and being complicated because the story's deep. Gantz trends towards just flat out incoherence.

methane47

I'm guessing for next week's Naruto.. this will happen:

The Chidori/rasengan explosion finally triggers the itachi magic. The Last essence of Itachi takes over Naruto.. (he knew it would happen) And Itachi tells Sasuke the REAL REAL truth about Konoha...

Sasuke will break down and attack... Itachi will step and stop the attack with a hug...At which time the explosion finally disapates and left standing is Naruto holding Sasuke..

Sasuke is broken.

Madara then steps in and takes Sasuke away Quick... which starts ANOTHER kidnapping arc....

Keep em coming!
Vic said:
Vagabond should please you.

Yeah, Vagabond's a good manga.

Host Samurai said:

I looked that up once with the intention of reading it but never started. I don't know why I did either. I couldn't care less about fan service.

cosmicblizzard said:
Now when you say grounded in reality, do you mean something that takes place in our world where plausible stuff happens or something that takes place in our world but something that could never happen happens yet people still tackle it rationally and act as if it could happen in our world?

In the unlikely event you understand that sentence, Bokurano definitely fits the latter. There isn't that big of a focus on politics but it is interesting to see how people react to the crisis the world faces.

It doesn't have to be in our world at all, by grounded in reality I mean not about magic and monsters like say, Berserk. I don't know if I'm down with giant robots. I recognize the artist from Shadow Star, though. It was in those old manga magazines they used to have well before Shonen Jump was localized. The one that had 3x3 Eyes in it. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but the description seems distinctly shonen.

S. L. said:

I recognize it, but I don't think I've ever sat down and read any. I'll try this out, I like detective dramas.

Angry Grimace said:
There's no pleasing the Beard. Why try? :D

I want to draw the seinen readers out of the woodwork. Even if I remain unpleased, it might pull someone else away from shonen jump.

Dascu said:
Jiraishin
It's a collection of cop stories centered around the cold and hardened detective Kyoya Ida. It's one of my favourite mangas and it hurts me to see that it never gets mentioned in manga threads here. Be warned, it can be quite graphic at times.

I'll take the opportunity to also mention two other manga by the same author (Tsutomu Takahashi), namely Blue Heaven and Sidooh. The former's about a psychopath killer going on a killing spree on board a cruise ship, the latter's an on-going series about two wannabe samurai youth.
That's why I recognized it! I read Blue Heaven before, I can't remember if it was good or not though. Just that it was short. Sidooh, huh? Hmm... seems, I dunno. Typical.

methane47 said:

The Chidori/rasengan explosion finally triggers the itachi magic. The Last essence of Itachi takes over Naruto.. (he knew it would happen) And Itachi tells Sasuke the REAL REAL truth about Konoha...

Sasuke will break down and attack... Itachi will step and stop the attack with a hug...At which time the explosion finally disapates and left standing is Naruto holding Sasuke..

Sasuke is broken.

Madara then steps in and takes Sasuke away Quick... which starts ANOTHER kidnapping arc....

:lol :lol :lol

Apath

watervengeance said:
Well shit.
Doesn't even make sense anyway. Sakura's punches are far more destructive than a kunai could ever be.
methane47 said:

Sasuke is broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LkMGkDRseg plays as the water and smoke dissipates.

Bebpo said:
One Piece

A grand finish to Whitebeard. Those who were doubting his badassness are quieted. He really was the most powerful man on the sea and Oda showed it with this arc. Fantastic finish. The man is now a legend.

Also I might be off, but I read the raw first and then the mangastream scan and I swear there were a ton of mistranslations of important story info throughout. I'm gonna have to double check the raw and see.

Just off the top of my head,
-Whitebeard didn't try to kill Teach at the very end. He spared Teach his life and in return Teach killed him.
-Whitebeard says to Sengoku that everything the world government has been doing has been done because they are scared of the "great war" that is to come.
-Whitebeard doesn't say "send someone to find one piece" to the government, wtf. He says someone will find One Piece.

I think the implication was that One Piece is what will trigger the great war that ends all wars once it is found. A weapon? I dunno. He says it will surprise everyone.

Mangastream has been using Binktopia translators recently. Bleach also had a few minor mistranslations. The biggest is Yamamoto saying he's the thirtieth captain commander. In the raw, it only says "Why do you think I've been the Captain Commander of the Gotei 13 for 1000 years?"

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
mugurumakensei said:
Mangastream has been using Binktopia translators recently. Bleach also had a few minor mistranslations. The biggest is Yamamoto saying he's the thirtieth captain commander. In the raw, it only says "Why do you think I've been the Captain Commander of the Gotei 13 for 1000 years?"
I was wondering where that came from. He's been presented as the founder of the academy several times.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok. Pulled out the raw & tl'd the differences in the latest OP. I was wrong about the battle. He really was about to kill Teach.

Pg.3 - In order to deal with the level of cruelty that they incurred in the past their existence was erased from the world and buried away...the world's most heinous criminals....!!!

Their existences were concealed from history because their past offenses were beyond any level of cruelty, the world's most heinous criminals...!!!

pg.5 - Shiryuu, you bastard...Is Magellan all right? What happened at Impel Down!? How the hell did you bastards get here!!!
--Why don't you go find out for yourselves later...because right now...we'd like to get acquainted with you.

Shiryuu, you bastard...what happened to Magellan? What's going on in Impel Down!? How did you bastards get here!!!
--Afterwards why don't you go and check for yourself. Anyhow, I'm joining these guys, yoroshiku (you normally say yoroshiku after meeting someone, like look forward to working with you; here he is saying it sarcastically as "looking forward to working with you as your enemy).

pg.8 - You overestimate your ability...but you have weak defenses, that's your weakpoint.

Your rashness and arrogance is your weakpoint.

pg.12 - You're not on of them...the men that roger waits for...are a very rare few...but not you, Teach. You are not one of them.
Those who carry the will of roger and now have also come to carry the will of the late ace...even though the bloodline has been extinguished, their flame has yet to disappear.
...and in that way even from far away and long ago, it has continually been passed down time and time again...!!! And one day...hundreds of years into the future, all of it will be written into history. Those who came to fight for this world...!!!
Sengoku...all of you...the world government...it's going to come...a grand battle that engulfs the entire world is coming!!!
Not that I care...but whenever someone finds that treasure..the world will return to surprise..!!
Send someone to find it. The day will surely come...

One Piece...It exists!!!

Forgive me sons...I've been defeated by this despicable idiot. This is as far as I go.
I leave everything to you.
You have my gratitude. Farewell my sons.

It ain't you. The man Roger waits for, at the very least it ain't you.
Just as there are those who have inherited Roger's will, one day ones will appear to inherit Ace's will. You've cut off the "bloodline"...but their flames will never be extinguished.

That's the way it's been passed on from long ago....!! And one day in the future, someone will appear carrying the weight of these hundred years of history and challenge the world.

Sengoku...your world government is afraid of this world enveloping "great war" that will one day come!!!

I've got no interest in it, but when someone finds that treasure....the world will recoil....!!
Someone will find it, that day will surely come...
One Piece exists!!!

Forgive me sons...I've left behind a huge idiot...this is as far as I go.
You've given me everything.
I am indebted to you all. Goodbye my sons..!!

---
Some of that's minor. There was some other minor stuff as well that I didn't bother with. But seriously, could they at least get Whitebeard's final speech right? I mean you have this major character giving his final epic speech that has major plot implications and they get 80% of it completely wrong. wtf. I don't think my tl is great or anything, but at least it's mostly right! Not completely wrong >_<

Freshmaker said:
Except that since they're all saved on a flash drive somewhere, none of that really matters. They can be brought back whenever the author feels like it.

It also suffers from the confusion between not making sense and being complicated because the story's deep. Gantz trends towards just flat out incoherence.

Its coherent when you read it in bulk and dont forget about the little details. Its a very original idea and it has a lot going on. The reason why it might be hard to follow is because it only releases like twice a month with very short chapters. Reading in bulk is the way to really appreciate just how original this manga is. I am hooked on it.

God's Beard said:
It doesn't have to be in our world at all, by grounded in reality I mean not about magic and monsters like say, Berserk. I don't know if I'm down with giant robots. I recognize the artist from Shadow Star, though. It was in those old manga magazines they used to have well before Shonen Jump was localized. The one that had 3x3 Eyes in it. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but the description seems distinctly shonen.

Trust me, it is NOT Shonen at all. Like Kitoh's other work (Shadow Star being one of them), the beginning is incredibly misleading. The focus isn't even on the robots fighting but rather... well I'll let you see for yourself. It's dark, emotional, dramatic, and really makes you think. Give it until the end of the first volume before writing it off.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Host Samurai said:
Its coherent when you read it in bulk and dont forget about the little details. Its a very original idea and it has a lot going on. The reason why it might be hard to follow is because it only releases like twice a month with very short chapters. Reading in bulk is the way to really appreciate just how original this manga is. I am hooked on it.
Nope. I'm not buying that. The orbs came from
a comatose muttering retarded fat girl
for shit's sake.

DonMigs85

methane47 said:

Sasuke is broken.

This seems incredibly likely.
After seeing Kakashi and Naruto talk to their respective dead dads I believe anything is possible.

This is going to bug me forever. I went back to see what Shadow Star was all about since I only ever read a couple chapters, then I found out that it was heavily censored, with big gaps all over the place. Worse off, there aren't any scanlation groups that fixed it, and since the series is relatively old and unpopular, there aren't even raws hanging around. The only links I could find have been broken for years. Now I don't even want to start reading it, because I'll be missing part of the story.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
qcf x2 said:
Ichigo: HEY YAMA YOU JUST MOLLYWHOPPED UNOHANA WHAT ARE YOU DOINGZ? >:-O
Unohana: X-(
Yama: :-0
Gin: ;-)
Aizen: :-T

/End of Bleach 395
:lol You are seriously the most underrated poster in here. <3

ryan13ts said:
Still no Hunter X Hunter yet? =(
WTF is up with this? Seriously. I need my Hunter x Hunter fix.

cnet128

Banned
Bebpo said:
But seriously, could they at least get Whitebeard's final speech right? I mean you have this major character giving his final epic speech that has major plot implications and they get 80% of it completely wrong. wtf. I don't think my tl is great or anything, but at least it's mostly right! Not completely wrong >_<
God, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that page of that translation and wished that the translator would just... yeah, I'll refrain from finishing that sentence. I mean, when you're making the kind of basic mistakes this guy is making, you really shouldn't be translating at all, never mind somehow getting a job with the group that's basically monopolising the market right now.

Just... misinterpreting "sukunakutomo" as "sukunai"? Misreading the start of "hikkurikaeru" as "bikkuri"? Writing that entire segment in the plural? I mean, really?

Not counting the movies, games, magazines and merchandise, if Oda made a quarter for every volume of One Piece sold, he'd have 35 million dollars from the first 46 volumes in Japan alone.

ArjanN

Freshmaker said:
Nope. I'm not buying that. The orbs came from
a comatose muttering retarded fat girl
for shit's sake.

I thought that was an obivous red herring.

ryan13ts said:
Still no Hunter X Hunter yet? =(

The raw has been out for a while and I've also seen a text translation.

Yupi and Pufu are crying and looking for the king.
They find the king's body and think he is dead. They seem devestated.
The king is pretty much only a charred torso now.
They notice the king is still breathing, but don't think they can get him to Pitou in time.
So they feed themselves to him.
The king praises them, and tells them to call him meruem.
They feel 'unconditional love' and are ecstatic. The facial expressions in this chapter are just awesome.

cnet128 said:
God, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that page of that translation and wished that the translator would just... yeah, I'll refrain from finishing that sentence. I mean, when you're making the kind of basic mistakes this guy is making, you really shouldn't be translating at all, never mind somehow getting a job with the group that's basically monopolising the market right now.

Just... misinterpreting "sukunakutomo" as "sukunai"? Misreading the start of "hikkurikaeru" as "bikkuri"? Writing that entire segment in the plural? I mean, really?

Meh, don't rely on speedtranslations then.

cnet128

Banned
ArjanN said:
I don't, I read (and translate) the original Japanese. I just happened to see that translation after the fact, and feel intense pity for the numerous people who presumably did rely on it. ~_~

neoanarch

One Piece

Bebpo thanks for that translation. It sounds way more epic when he doesn't admit defeat. Is anyone else disappointed that Blackbeard turned out to be such a coward? he waited til Whitebeard was already half dead before he made his move. After facing down Magellan I expected more out of him.

flawfuls

God's Beard said:

Great:
Sanctuary
Lone Wolf and Cub
Ghost in the Shell
REAL

Alright, here are some manga I think you would like.

Ping Pong

29m25x2.jpg

Ping pong. Table tennis. Fast, furious. You might have seen it, even played it, but you've never seen it like this! The action centers around "Smile" Tsukimoto and "Peco" Hoshino, two high school students in the midst of adolescence and out to prove they've got what it takes in the cool, cruel world of sports.
This is a realistic and very intense sports manga that is nothing like most shounen sports manga. It is easily the best sports manga I've ever read.

Nijigahara Holograph

Holograph_104105.png

Suzuki is a troubled boy. He's lived with uncaring foster parents for most of his life, alienated from the other kids at his school, owner of a cynical, unhappy mentality. Komatsuzaki is a violent, unpredictable bully whose head trauma causes him to act in mysterious, inexplicable ways. Arakawa is a no-nonsense, normal girl who pines after Komatsuzaki but can never have him. A teacher with just one working eye. A mother who committed suicide. A daughter in an endless coma. Attempted rapes, murders, extortion, sexual deviance, and a freakish explosion in the butterfly population. All of these elements are whirled together in a story spanning 10 years, a tale of blackness, pain, and apocalypse. And maybe just a bit of hope and redemption. It's a spiritual cross between the misanthropic suburban malevolence of Kyoko Okazaki's Rivers Edge and the eerie mysticality of Donnie Darko.
Inio Asano is probably the best writer in manga, everything he puts out is absolutely incredible. If you like this Goodnight Punpun and Solanin are also amazing manga that you should check out.

Freesia

Freesia_v02c10p121.jpg

Freesia is set in an alternative Japanese society that is at war, and has passed a law legalizing retaliatory killings. If somebody kills your loved one, you are legally sanctioned to kill, or hire someone to kill, the victimizer. The manga is set around a character who works for a firm that specializes in these retaliatory killings.
I just recommended this on the last page, but it really is an amazing manga. The writing is excellent, the characters are interesting and plot is very gripping. It is more surreal and satirical than grim and realistic, but give it a try anyways.

Adolf

24pevi8.png

From the god of modern manga and creator of AstroBoy, Tezuka Osamu, comes this classic WWII tale.

First published in 1983 by Shogakukan, it is the story of three individuals named Adolf: a Jewish boy living in Japan, a half-Japanese/half- German boy, and the leader of Nazi Germany.
The first two hold a secret about the last, a secret which could affect the course of the war.
I you can appreciate Tezuka style, then you will probably enjoy this. It's a pretty good political thriller that kind of reminds me of Urasawa's manga.

I'll third Jiraishin, it sound like exactly what you're looking for. Also if you liked Monster, 20th Century Boys is an obvious next step.

ArjanN

Freshmaker said:
In a sense. She seemed to be acting as a transmitter more than anything else. Still a stupid revelation.

No, I meant the guy was just lying about the whole thing, he was just messing with his head giving him bullshit explanations.

Hmm both luffy and blackbeard have the ability to attract good crewmates. We know why Luffy could do it but after seenin BB get knocked around and beg for his life, I dont see how he could do it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ArjanN said:
I doubt he does; cnet128 is the translator for a ton of the translations being used in popular manga scanlations: http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128

He seems to be the only person regularly translating Negima, which I greatly appreciate :D

flawfuls said:
Alright, here are some manga I think you would like.

Ping Pong

http://i46.tinypic.com/29m25x2.jpg[/IG]

This is a realistic and very intense sports manga that is nothing like most shounen sports manga. It is easily the best sports manga I've ever read.

[B]Nijigahara Holograph[/B]

[IMG]http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp142/flawfuls/Holograph_104105.png[/IG]

Inio Asano is probably the best writer in manga, everything he puts out is absolutely incredible. If you like this Goodnight Punpun and Solanin are also amazing manga that you should check out.

[B]Freesia[/B]

[IMG]http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp142/flawfuls/Freesia_v02c10p121.jpg[/IG]

I just recommended this on the last page, but it really is an amazing manga. The writing is excellent, the characters are interesting and plot is very gripping. It is more surreal and satirical than grim and realistic, but give it a try anyways.

[B]Adolf[/B]

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/24pevi8.png[/IM]

I you can appreciate Tezuka style, then you will probably enjoy this. It's a pretty good political thriller that kind of reminds me of Urasawa's manga.

I'll third [B]Jiraishin[/B], it sound like exactly what you're looking for. Also if you liked Monster, [B]20th Century Boys[/B] is an obvious next step.[/QUOTE]

I've read Freesia before, but I'm pretty interested in Adolf and 20th Century Boys. I've seen you recommending Nijigahara Holograph a lot, so I'll give that a shot as well. I don't know if Ping Pong can top REAL, though.

Also, I managed to find the lost pages of Shadow Star and my childish side won't let me pass on something I've started so I'm going to tackle that first. Once that crap's done with, I'll start on this list I've built up. I've already got Jiraishin and Bokurano queued up.

exarkun

God's Beard said:
Not counting the movies, games, magazines and merchandise, if Oda made a quarter for every volume of One Piece sold, he'd have 35 million dollars from the first 46 volumes in Japan alone.

I was thinking about this the other day. Oda has obviously made a ton of money, yet he still bothers to put out a quality product. Unlike some shonen creators, he isn't satisfied with laughing all the way to the bank. And I like it.

And since when did a junior come in and have great taste in manga (flawfuls)? Surprised, but ready to welcome that shit with open arms.

Gods beard give Gantz a try. Its character are pretty realistic and its mainly enjoyable. A little frustrating at times (fucking Tae-tan) but for a manga that I went to thinking I would hate, it turned out to be decidedly good.

Joule

Nijigahara Holograph is a hell a of trip. I recommend reading it twice at least.

I'll put in Eden: It's an Endless World as my pick for God's Beard.

Totakeke

Bebpo said:
Those who carry the will of roger and now have also come to carry the will of the late ace...even though the bloodline has been extinguished, their flame has yet to disappear.

I've been wondering about this part. I guess it only refers to the bloodline of Roger and not in regards to D.? I guess D. doesn't have anything to do with a bloodline? Or maybe Whitebeard was just intentionally concealing the relation between Roger and Ace with the will of D.

Freesia sounds good, I'll take a look at that.

Actually, if you like Freesia, I think Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit is worth a shot. It's a bit more capsulized (eg: Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service) but does seem to have a slowly building overall plot. At least 3 english volumes so far...

Basic gist: An alternate-history Japan where the government institutes a policy to force the population remember how precious their lives are; one out of every thousand kids innoculated actually receives a double-blind injection which will kill them some day in the future. The main character works for a government organization dedicated to delivering Ikigami - death notices - to legally inform the the unlucky ones within 24 hours of their demise.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Man Naruto turned into bleach for this week's manga. I went thur it like 10 seconds. I think naruto is gonna come up with some cheesy line, hug him, and go haxxorz mode on the sauce with hitachis leftover power.

CassSept

This chapter was still better than most of what were treated with for the last few months. At least Naruto is back, I guess?

PS. What exact day do usually FMA raws leak? I remember last month it was very early and we had it already on 6th. Looking back, the translations apear ~8th-9th of the month, but when do actual first raws appear?
Oh also, let's get the hype trains rolling as this thread will soon experience yet another wave of "FMA holy shit" posts :D

HUNTER X HUNTER ch.299 out at OneManga

edit : Finished reading
HXH
:lol :lol This Chapter was so fucking hilarious, Pouf and Youpi were having so much orgasms it was crazy:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom