• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple rules to follow so we can discuss our favorite mangas easily:

In bold, put the name of the series. Then you can go ahead and discuss whatever is on your mind without tags, okay? Make sure there is a space between the bolded name of the series and your text. Here's an example:

Hunter X Hunter

It rules and I don't know why!

Okay. Again, another warning. We will discuss all the mangas in one topic with no tags. If you don't want to be spoiled by the chapter as soon as the translation is out, do not come in here. Also, since we are not talking about the anime, you can mention new episodes without tags either since they are always behind or are filler. You should know well enough not to come in here not wanting to be spoiled but bolding the header should help out even more.

Again, No Spoiler marks needed, that is the benefit of coming here.

The Original OP Thread (Thanks grandjedi):
One Piece Thread

LuCkymoON

Banned
Thanks, good ideal for a thread.
I no longer watch the anime; the filler is terrible! Reading the manga is much easier especially since i can read it on my cell phone.

Hey Shouta. We talked about this in the other thread due to having too spoiler tag every message and highlighting is a pain. Granted it's not that big of a topic on these boards to begin with but we'd like an active thread just for the manga.

I hope this hasn't cost me my Bleach thread revival :p

Edit: We're doing ever Shounen!? That's kind of dangerous as not everyone follows all the mangas. We need some sort of format...

Shouta

I could just lock the Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece threads and make this one the only one. I mean those threads don't get many posts at all anyway.

Shouta said:
I could just lock the Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece threads and make this one the only one. I mean those threads don't get many posts at all anyway.
Yeah do that! And then make 3 posts after the OP's with each manga description.

<3

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Shouta said:

But where would anime only people theoretically go then?

grandjedi6 said:
But where would anime only people theoretically go then?
Good point...

Well lets use this thread and discuss and throw ideas around so Shouta can do something! I think having two separate threads for both anime and manga of all the series is kind of weird.Not many of us even discuss the animes in the threads, only when the weekly chapters are released do we all start posting right?

I mean I don't mind since I keep up with the manga. But some people do only watch the anime =/

grandjedi6

Shouta said:
There are anime only people?

There were some anime only people complaining about manga spoilers in the Bleach thread a week ago. And in the past there have been Naruto and One piece anime only people

Belfast

Speaking of One Piece, I was hoping we'd hit the next arc(s) sooner! Dammit, they're making us wait until the new year passes for Thriller Bark in the anime and whatever comes next (TB resolution/Fishman Island) in the manga.

Holiday season, I hate thee!

grandjedi6

Belfast said:
Speaking of One Piece, I was hoping we'd hit the next arc(s) sooner! Dammit, they're making us wait until the new year passes for Thriller Bark in the anime and whatever comes next (TB resolution/Fishman Island) in the manga.

Holiday season, I hate thee!

That's because the manga is still finishing up the Thriller Bark arc, which I must say was an awesome arc

grandjedi6 said:
I would also like to propose that spoilers stayed spoiled until the week's chapter comes out

so, I guess fridays, usually everyone is out then.

its usually thursday when information gets out, but not full chapters.

Shouta

You know, if people would mark their spoilers it'd be a lot easier. Of course, that's probably too much to ask.

Belfast

grandjedi6 said:
That's because the manga is still finishing up the Thriller Bark arc, which I must say was an awesome arc

Yeah, I know. It's just that we're going to have to suffer through the inevitable "double issues." :(

Linkzg said:
so, I guess fridays, usually everyone is out then.

its usually thursday when information gets out, but not full chapters.
That is such a lame idea though(no offense). Why would we have an official thread for manga discussion and not get to partake in the weekly spoiler postings and fanfics:lol ?That's what makes manga threads fun.

You get to speculate on the next chapters, talk about anything you want and discuss if spoilers are plausible or not.
Shouta said:
You know, if people would mark their spoilers it'd be a lot easier. Of course, that's probably too much to ask.
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean Shouta. Could you please explain?

grandjedi6 said:
I would also like to propose that spoilers stayed spoiled until the week's chapter comes out

As soon as a confirmed chapter is out for each series, it will be updated accordingly and up for discussion. Naruto is confirmed by Wednesdays for me, Bleach is sometimes later.

And how dare anyone not read One Piece. It is the series that will never end. It is about the journey, not the end.

grandjedi6

CrushDance said:
Wtf why? :S

What if someone wanted to discuss the naruto spoiler but not know the one piece one? Of course Shouta is right, it all depends on people marking their spoilers

Belfast said:
Yeah, I know. It's just that we're going to have to suffer through the inevitable "double issues." :(

Ugh don't remind me. The wait for the Ace-Blackbeard fight was mind numbing last year.

Zoe said:
The art always turned me off :x

Now that it's winter break, I guess I can finally get around to OP and HxH.

Alot of people say that, but once you get into One Piece you grow to love it.

Shouta said:
I seriously hope you're kidding.
We were doing that before and it's cumbersome. Hence why I thought you were insinuating something else. The thread got congested very quick and highlighting a whole page just to read someones opinion isn't conductive to discussion.

That's why I'm suggesting that when someone posts they go:

BLEACH

"bla bla"

That way you can just skip that specific one. The best idea here is to just do a reboot of each individual thread I think...

Zoe

grandjedi6 said:
Alot of people say that, but once you get into One Piece you grow to love it.

Should I watch the anime to catch up, or is it better to stick with the manga?

grandjedi6

Zoe said:
Should I watch the anime to catch up, or is it better to stick with the manga?

Depends on if you are more of an anime person or manga person. I will say though that the One Piece animation team sometimes ruins the pacing, especially for the Enies Lobby and Arabasta Arc

CrushDance said:
We were doing that before and it's cumbersome. Hence why I thought you were insinuating something else. The thread got congested very quick and highlighting a whole page just to read someones opinion isn't conductive to discussion.

BLEACH

"bla bla"

That way you can just skip that specific one. The best idea here is to just do a reboot of each individual thread I think...

Bolding is a good idea for the series if you want to be specific.

Shouta

CrushDance said:

BLEACH

"bla bla"

Or you could header it and spoiler tag it so people know what the spoilers are for. A tagless thread isn't going to help anymore for discussion than one that did unless you're really lazy.

Shouta said:
Or you could header it and spoiler tag it so people know what the spoilers are for. A tagless thread isn't going to help anymore for discussion than one that did unless you're really lazy.

I think for some, it is annoying. As long as someone uses a bold heading for the series, it should be okay.

I think I put up enough warnings too. None should come in if they don't want to be spoiled, that's the point. I just dont want this whole thing to be tags like the Naruto anime thread.

grandjedi6

Moria has been knocked down but he isn't defeated yet. Plus the crew is starting on fire since their shadows aren't back yet. On the bright side, Nami isn't seen anywhere in this chapter so its likely she is making a cloud or something to save everyone

grandjedi6 said:
Moria has been knocked down but he isn't defeated yet. Plus the crew is starting on fire since their shadows aren't back yet. On the bright side, Nami isn't seen anywhere in this chapter so its likely she is making a cloud or something to save everyone

As long as the header is there, it's okay, you don't have to spoiler tag it. Just make sure people know what series your discussing so they can skip it if they don't care.

Also, most who come in here are interested in the same series and manga in general so I doubt anyone will be upset.

LuCkymoON said:
Claymore ch#75
How did Galatea's arm get cut off? I searched each and every panel but didn't see it.

Miata is getting irritating she should have had her arm cut off instead to make her pause...galatea is at least a little interesting..miata not so much

grandjedi6

One Piece

nelsonroyale said:
absolutely amazing one piece chapter this week

moria is finally defeated. this arc has been incredible

I still think Moria has one last ploy to use. The strawhats are starting on fire and next week's blurb is "Annilation!"

Superman00

Liverpool01
Naruto

Its so sad to see Jiraiya die. Man he was my favorite character. Anyway, we see the fourth and Naruto mother. Also, Naruto was the name of the main character in Jiraiya book.

BLEACH
6ocwohx.jpg
+
kubo.jpg
=
85vd01s.png

*hangs self*
I have never seen a mangaka sacrifice his story for fan service. Just wow. This wouldn't even be a problem if the current arc wasn't such a horrible, horrible sexual innuendo filled cliche mess. Getting a look at how someone became a captain? That's pretty cool. But timing is the key here. And you don't make people go WTF when your story is lacking behind everyone elses and it's like "Didn't we see this before..." every week.

grandjedi6 said:
One Piece

I still think Moria has one last ploy to use. The strawhats are starting on fire and next week's blurb is "Annilation!"

pretty sure that might be a referrence to the impending daylight...or maybe TB sinks into the sea, or perhaps kuma steps in..who knows

Zoe

:lol CrushDance

Anyway, the reasoning is he's the center of the movie that's coming out in two weeks.

Zoe said:
:lol CrushDance

Anyway, the reasoning is he's the center of the movie that's coming out in two weeks.
He could have made it into an omake or side story and keep the "plot" going still. He could have even just replaced the chap...oh wait. HITSUGAYA!!!:lol Man this is too funny though, on every Bleach forum there's tears and cries of murder haha.

Can't wait till Jump Festa and his interview.

Halycon said:
Yeah but it's not canon so who cares?
Yes it is. Omakes and side stories are canon =/ I dunno.(Continued below)

Naruto

It's kind of like Kakashi Gaiden. That served a purpose and didn't come and break up anything major at all. Nobody complained about it and we were all happy for new information on Yondaime.

Bleach

But with this while it is fact...it's Hitsugaya you know? Like he has no real important role in the story and Hueco Mundo was starting to pick up pace for once.

Nolan.

Gues i'll start reading One piece again, I stopped in the middle of thriller bark, thats the first time iv'e ever lost interest in One piece too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom