• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Nolan. said:
Gues i'll start reading One piece again, I stopped in the middle of thriller bark, thats the first time iv'e ever lost interest in One piece too.

Why did you lose interest?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CrushDance said:
Yes it is. Omakes and side stories are canon =/ I dunno.(Continued below)

Naruto

It's kind of like Kakashi Gaiden. That served a purpose and didn't come and break up anything major at all. Nobody complained about it and we were all happy for new information on Yondaime.

Bleach

But with this while it is fact...it's Hitsugaya you know? Like he has no real important role in the story and Hueco Mundo was starting to pick up pace for once.
Okay see now you lost me.

Are you talking about the anime? I meant it's not manga canon.

Zoe

What's your definition of canon? Or maybe better, what's your definition of filler?

To most people, canon = anything written by the original author.

Nolan.

grandjedi6 said:

I really don't understand it myself. I feel out of everyone Oda has kept his manga standards consistently high with One Piece. For some reason after I read the chapter with Nami getting married and Sanji reminicing about what fruit he wanted as a kid I wasn't too thrilled. The week after I figured i'd wait until the chapters mount up so i'd have lots to read, (I just wanted to see more of Oz uninterrupted). Though I left it longer than intended and iv'e slipped out of the loop.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zoe said:
What's your definition of canon? Or maybe better, what's your definition of filler?

To most people, canon = anything written by the original author.
I'm an idiot.

grandjedi6

Nolan. said:
I really don't understand it myself. I feel out of everyone Oda has kept his manga standards consistently high with One Piece. For some reason after I read the chapter with Nami getting married and Sanji reminicing about what fruit he wanted as a kid I wasn't too thrilled. The week after I figured i'd wait until the chapters mount up so i'd have lots to read, (I just wanted to see more of Oz uninterrupted). Though I left it longer than intended and iv'e slipped out of the loop.

Sanji's fight was the one bad point in the arc. Everything after that was good.

Nolan.

grandjedi6 said:
Sanji's fight was the one bad point in the arc. Everything after that was good.

I can't wait to catch up with it anyway, One piece started out as my favourite, so i'm eager to get back to it.

GG-Duo

I view the Thriller Bark arc as a weird intermediate humorous romp - similar to Davy Back Fight or Little Garden... so I don't mind at all. With that said - this current chapter rocks, and has some emotional weight with everyone yelling for their shadows to come back.

Speaking of emotional weight - I really like this week's Naruto...

Bleach - well, it's better than the fights, at least.

Zoe

I thought the Bleach chapter was cute. I haven't been able to hold interest in Bleach ever since Rukia was skewered.

I don't really like the way Tite's art is evolving... Hitsugaya almost looks like a different character now.

OOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGG GUYS! This weeks Bleach chapter was amazing!!!

Kubo is a genius! Kishimoto needs to follow his example by having a chapter follow Sasuke-kun around, lolz. It was hilarious to see Hitsugaya and Matsumoto meet before he became her captain!!!!

I hope next week we can find out about how Toshiro actually comed to be a Captain! Bleach need title changed to Hitsugayaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!

grandjedi6 said:
Personally for me I was always a One Piece anime watcher(Japanese subtitled) and it was great and all and much better then the usual "blargh" of Shounen. I especially liked the comedy and such. I lost interest when I caught up with the anime and started reading the manga, Oda has a really "unique" art style and sometimes it looks good and sometimes...bad. But I started watching it again yesterday and I'm loving it:lol Is the newest episode with the steam fruit guy canon? I don't recall it in the manga.

Linkzg said:
OOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGG GUYS! This weeks Bleach chapter was amazing!!!

Kubo is a genius! Kishimoto needs to follow his example by having a chapter follow Sasuke-kun around, lolz. It was hilarious to see Hitsugaya and Matsumoto meet before he became her captain!!!!

I hope next week we can find out about how Toshiro actually comed to be a Captain! Bleach need title changed to Hitsugayaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!
:lol

grandjedi6

CrushDance said:
Personally for me I was always a One Piece anime watcher(Japanese subtitled) and it was great and all and much better then the usual "blargh" of Shounen. I especially liked the comedy and such. I lost interest when I caught up with the anime and started reading the manga, Oda has a really "unique" art style and sometimes it looks good and sometimes...bad. But I started watching it again yesterday and I'm loving it:lol Is the newest episode with the steam fruit guy canon? I don't recall it in the manga.

:lol

No, that's a filler arc. Although Oda did design the characters for it

Rorschach

Shouta said:
I could just lock the Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece threads and make this one the only one. I mean those threads don't get many posts at all anyway.
We already have enough trolling in each of those threads with "___ is better than ____"

I couldn't even recognize the Naruto thread because it was full of Bleach talk. And what about the kids that just watch the show?

With retarded posts like this sparking 2 pages of retarded arguments. I mean, seriously, why is that even in that thread?

I'm a little sick so I'm going to bed early. Can someone make a summary of what happened in the lastest 666 Satan (if anyone reads that :p) and One Piece? I'm further behind in One Piece than any other manga right now...

Zoe

Damn, has the latest 666 leaked already? FMA bored me so much I forgot to check...

Edit: OMG, 666 ended???

Rorschach said:
We already have enough trolling in each of those threads with "___ is better than ____"

I couldn't even recognize the Naruto thread because it was full of Bleach talk. And what about the kids that just watch the show?

With retarded posts like this sparking 2 pages of retarded arguments. I mean, seriously, why is that even in that thread?
You can't take some friendly jabs at a manga? Anyway forget it. We're ending it anyway in that thread.

Zoe

WTF@#(%&($#^&*)(!*@$

This is total crap!!

76 was indeed the last chapter. To bottom of the last page says "The End"

:|

Edit: So it appears that
Jio, Ruby, Ruby's father, and Cross all sacrifice themselves to save the planet.
That's it.

:|

7Th

Linkzg said:
is it any good?

Even if it really isn't what I would call "good", which in is my belief fails to be an adjective truly appropriate when it comes to describing most Jump/Gangan/Sunday published comics, the whole thing was moderately enjoyable. Both narrative and framing felt throughly amateurish across its entire run, the script had good ideas that ultimately felt flat due to poor execution and the good, if unoriginal, motif behind the storyline was brought down by your usually contrived 00's manganime plotting but for some bizarre reason I found myself shamefully reading it to the end. I still fail to grasp whenever that is due to my idiocy or 666's actual quality.

7Th

Linkzg said:
it seems short enough to be worth checking out, I mean...that seems like a really short series.

Not sure what you're talking about... a 20 volume-long manga series is far from being "short".

im judging because a lot of people are saying it is only 75 chapters, compared to other Shounen Jump series that doesnt seem as much.

7Th

Linkzg said:
im judging because a lot of people are saying it is only 75 chapters, compared to other Shounen Jump series that doesnt seem as much.

666 ran in Square's GanGan magazine, chapters are usually more than double the length of your usual weekly-released Jump stuff.

And seems like posting in a Shounen Jump dedicated thread has killed my reputation completely. Is this tag for serious? I can't even grasp why should anyone give it me other than for strictly personal reasons. That's GAF's mods gigantic e-peen for you, I guess.

Zoe

Linkzg said:

It was a monthly series, each chapter was more than twice the size of a weekly.

My biggest complaint about 666 is that it was too straightforward. To beat a dead horse, you can tell that Masashi really thought ahead with Naruto, but sometimes 666 reads like Seishi was making it up as he went along.

Bebpo

Banned
One Piece

Was good.

Naruto

Was completely bullshit. I've hated the manga for a long, long time at this point and thought maybe it was making a comeback, but this is ridiculous. All the flashy stupid kids can get out of any situations that seems impossible by shit out of nowhere **** ex machina, yet the one time Jiraiya has a real tough challenge they kill him off? Wtf. He was one of the only non-emo decent characters left. Fuck, this stupid manga sucks!

Bleach

zzz like always.

I was tempted to check out 666 satan due to the art style and character designs, they were actually pretty cool. But the story never got me hooked so I only read chapter 1.

Edit: I forgot we don't have to use tags, so used to it though. Ah well, I'll just use them for heavy spoilerific things.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Bebpo said:
One Piece

Was good.

Naruto

Was completely bullshit. I've hated the manga for a long, long time at this point and thought maybe it was making a comeback, but this is ridiculous. All the flashy stupid kids can get out of any situations that seems impossible by shit out of nowhere **** ex machina, yet the one time Jiraiya has a real tough challenge they kill him off? Wtf. He was one of the only non-emo decent characters left. Fuck, this stupid manga sucks!

Bleach

zzz like always.

EDIT:nevermind, me being stupid

Linkzg said:
not for a long time I bet,

His wife should do a new Sailor Moon.

Check out 666, it's fun and entertaining. Like most series, the beginning is slow. I mean very, very slow.

Nice new avatar btw.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Zoe said:
What's the verdict on Gintama? Is it worth following?
Heck yea...That is in the category of awesomely underrated Shounens. With Yakitate Japan...As in the best ones:lol

I would trade Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece for it. Then again, Im not to fond of Naruto(Just horrible main characters) and One Piece(OMG boring, I was just burnt out off the same stuff and everything after Alabastra Arc, Then they pretty much give me a filler one, then two years for the one after...Just too dam long)....And Bleach. I enjoy it, at the sametime for some reason I just haven't really cared too much about it recently.

Zoe

shintoki said:
Heck yea...That is in the category of awesomely underrated Shounens. With Yakitate Japan...As in the best ones:lol

I'm liking what I've watched/read so far :D

It sucks that it doesn't have much of a following though. I guess I'm spoiled by Naruto and Bleach. Hopefully the raws won't be too hard to follow :(

grandjedi6

Moria defeated, everyone gets there shadows back. Hogback is alive. The WG is worried about losing more Shikibukia and hopes Moria lives to continue as one. Kuma gets orders to wipe out everyone on Thriller Bark. He attacks Lola's Pirates, and the attacks somehow affect the people behind the one attacked also. Kuma next focuses his attack on Zoro.

credit: apforums

grandjedi6

Szayel survived by impregnating Nemu and being reborn, the colour spread is disgusting.

..wtf?

credit: bleachasylum

Deadly Monk said:
His wife should do a new Sailor Moon.

Check out 666, it's fun and entertaining. Like most series, the beginning is slow. I mean very, very slow.

Nice new avatar btw.

thanks, ill check out 666 eventually, the style of it seems cool atleast.

grandjedi6 said:
Szayel survived by impregnating Nemu and being reborn, the colour spread is disgusting.

..wtf?

credit: bleachasylum

that is so stupid.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I follow domestic releases rather than scanslations, but...

Eyeshield 21
If you don't read this, I hate you.

Sigh. Kishimito is going to give us a cliffhanger as a Christmas gift. Oh well. At least Jiraiya will go to ninja heaven.

Bleach
2007 was the worst year for Bleach. I hope 2008 he kills off at LEAST 6 or 7 enemies. Or anyone. Too many groups. It's atrocious. We know some enemies will join to kill Aizen blahblahblah but come on, kill some more! Please!

Hey has a mangaka for Shounen Jump ever left after finishing a series and work in hentai? I think Kubo has all the makings of a hentai artist.

The only reason I'm even keeping up with this now is just to see a few things. Like some peoples bankai's etc...but I don't even think they'll live up to it.

I've never seen anyone assassinate their own work so brutally.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I guess this was Jiraiya's final send off. Sinking into the swamp like a frog. It could be a touching scene if animated well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom