• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

I was reading Hunter x Hunter, and I thought it wasn't as weird as people said, just some reeeeally weird emotions.

Then I saw the last page. Ok, WTF :lol :lol

Danielsan

I'm rather new to the world of manga.
I read Solanin in January and absolutely loved it and immediately became a fan of Inio Asaso.
I ordered the first volume of What a wonderful world this week but I'm also looking to get Nijigahara Holograph. However, I can't find it anywhere.
Has it been released in English and if so, where can I order it?

Pimpwerx

One Piece: Fantastic way for WB to go out. I'm confused, though. Did he intentionally spare Teach's life? I see a couple people mention that in this thread, but none of the translations suggest that. Then again, it didn't look like WB tried to end him like he did to Akainu and that giant. Whatever. BB is a great antagonist going forward. He has the Will of D, he has gathered powerful allies. But he's no peacemain, and definitely not in the mold of Roger or Dragon. He got his trophy, he got to be the one who killed WB.

Now there's gonna be serious turmoil. The Marines are embarrassed and weakened. The shichibukai are splintered, and the yonkou balance is destroyed. I assume one of them will find One Piece and fulfill WB's final words. Then it's on like Red Dawn.

It seems logical to me that Jimbei take Luffy to the closest, safest place, and that's Fishman Island, which should be in chaos now that WB is dead. The Sunny shouldn't be too far away either. The double-dose of hormones from Ivankov should sideline Luffy for a week or two, allowing the SH's time to reassemble. I really want the crew back together already.

Naruto: If this goes back to the water towers incident, rasengan should gorilla rape chidori. Sauce should wound Naruto, but Naruto should pulverize Sauce like it does everyone else. Kishi had to take Naruto out of sage mode and not have him use the wind rasengan. Wind trumps lightning, and sage mode's speed would give him an even bigger advantage. End this emo shit already.

Bleach: Yama still sucks. Yeah, he's strong as hell, but that was to be expected. He's just been completely ineffective. He should have done this earlier, and then after he died, had the vizards come in to lend a hand. I'm pretty sure this fight will end at Ichigo's hands, not Yama's.

Wolf Guy: Yeah. Not much this chapter. Inugami's not gonna leave town. I hope it leads to more backstory since he should get some time away from the retards at the school. PEACE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
God's Beard said:
Shadow Star

It's full of more holes than Sonny Corleone at the end of the Godfather.
*rimshot*
3/10

I get the feeling this entire review was just so you could insert this :lol

cntr

Banned
One Piece

fireside said:
Descendants of the ancient kingdom Professor Clover was talking about which was wiped out by what would become the World Government.

Eh, the whole D. thing doesn't really feel like a bloodline, especially with Whitebeard's speech and "bloodline"/"flame" thing.

...and curiously, One Manga's translation of this chapter is more accurate than MangaStram's, despite having terrible quality.

As an aside, are there any translators who give good translations? (preferably with the Japanese stuff translated, like "Gum Gum" instead of "Gomu Gomu no" and "Seven Warlords instead of "Shichibukai" and so)

Xux said:
Oh shit. I thought it was meant to be ironic or something.

Given that Whitebeard's official English name is, well, "Whitebeard", I'm guessing the whole thing is a pun on having mustache/beard be the same word in Japanese, but different words in English. For that matter, Blackbeard doesn't even have a beard or a mustache!

Pimpwerx said:
One Piece: Fantastic way for WB to go out. I'm confused, though. Did he intentionally spare Teach's life? I see a couple people mention that in this thread, but none of the translations suggest that.

No, he didn't try to spare Blackbeard's life.

Pimpwerx said:
It seems logical to me that Jimbei take Luffy to the closest, safest place, and that's Fishman Island, which should be in chaos now that WB is dead.

Um. Would you like to rethink/rephrase that?

Hunter x Hunter

ó_ó?

Fularu

Banned
Seeing the reactions from the HxH chapter, I think it achieved its point :lol I loved it but yeah it's weird.. But not that weirder than Hisoka telling Gon he would do dirty dirty things to him with a total sexual vibe to it :p

Rewrite said:
cosmicblizzard, you are NOT making me want to read Katekyo Hitman Reborn again. Uuuuuggh.

I mean it was kind of a cool end. It just wasn't anything we haven't seen. At least now you can read to the end of the arc. I guess you could wait more and see how the next arc turns out before jumping back in again.

God's Beard said:
Shadow Star

Just finished this series. It's immature, arbitrary and most of all, makes no goddamn fucking sense. It's like things happen in response to other things that the author never decided to mention. It's full of more holes than Sonny Corleone at the end of the Godfather. I get the feeling that this is how Axe Cop would have turned out if it was written by a battered child. And after all the bitching about how it was heavily censored, the changes were absolutely inconsequential. I kept thinking that there was going to be some sort of context, but then the series just ends. It wants the reader to think it's like End of Evangelion, but it's not. Not even close. If anything, it's Pokemon meets Veritas.

I thought it was going to pull an awesome twist when they killed the main character, but then they revived her like 5 pages later, with no explanation. I was waiting for her to just wake up in the lake from the beginning and it was all a dream as she drowned to death. Total waste of time. 2/10

I guess I'll start on the Seinen everybody recommended for me, but Bokurano just got kicked to the very bottom of the list.

Aww that sucks. I really wanted to read it but like you said, it was all cut up and censored. I remember liking the anime but maybe that's because of the shock value of going through 8 or so mostly innocent episodes and then BAM, rape with a test tube and middle schoolers getting their faces ripped off.

I'd like to think Bokurano is a lot more mautre than that but I've been flat out told my tastes are childish on a weekly basis so I really don't know. You should still try it out at one point but I totally understand wanting to stay away from the author after being burned like that.

Himuro said:
358xitj.jpg
BLACKBEARD
2rrtdef.gif

yeah, yeah, but he was beaten by WB, which had half his face melted, was stabbed, was sick and he didn't even have his powers, so the coward had to call his crew to help him take WB because he's a pussy, at least Akainu was badass enough to melt part of his face.

cosmicblizzard said:
I really wanted to read it but like you said, it was all cut up and censored.
If it helps, there's no difference between the censored and uncensored versions. It's just hype. Sill a shitty, shitty manga.

Bakuman

I really like how the climax develops in this chapter: the intial doubts slowly grow into a real outburst driven by frustration. It's a pity the authors are using some elements we have seen before in the series (like Shujin's writer's block and his allnighters). What's strange is that we haven't seen any issues with Mashiro's work, as of late, while Shujin is taking the role of Ashirogi Muto's weak spot, since it's like he's still being unable to fully adapt to a long running manga series.

I find it funny that the chapter revolves around Shujin's search for a catchphrase (among other things), and we see Niizuma using something like a "signature sfx" (Shupiiin) in the last pages.

Oh, and Eiji and Hattori are the scene stealers once again.

The art seems a little subpar to me (and this is not the first time).

One Piece
I still think this arc dragged too much, but this ending chapter was really really good (much better than Ace's death - but is he really dead?). My only (minor) gripe is about the "list" of attacks WB withstood. If it's something like the narration of a myth passed on from pirate to pirate, then ok, but if it's intended as a "fact", it dangerously puts itself in the narrow boundary that exists between "being epic" and "being ridicolous" (even for the world of One Piece where the same man still fights on with half of his head destroyed by lava).

Sipowicz

Banned
Kintaro said:
Whoa. Back up. This is the same Blackbeard who captured Ace to begin with. Same Blackbeard who used the Marines to gain access to form a fearsome crew. Just because "the strongest man in the world" whupped his ass, he "isn't that tough?" He took Ace's best attacks head on and beat him. The same Ace people in this very thread thought could stand up to any of the Admirals (we quickly found out the answer to THAT one didn't we?).

Lets not go crazy here and forget what he managed to pull off.

Oh i'm not disputing that he's achieved a lot, but a lot of that was down to sheer luck. if not for sheer luck he would have never have captured ace (so no whitebeard war or whitebeard death) and he would have been ruined by magellan. Guy likes to plan stuff out as well which is a good thing, but those plans dont always tend to work out the way he wants them to

A lot of people (myself included) have seriously overestimated his capability. Luffy is still a kid yet he fucked him up with one punch. Heaven knows what he'll do in a few years. Luffy wasn't that far off ace to begin with. With a haki power up and a bit of training he'll be a beast

Blackbeard overstimates his ability way too much and constantly talks shit. that makes him an amazing character but it also makes him a fool. he's far from admiral level and as far as i can tell he's not the best fighter in the world either

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Versipellis said:
Bakuman

I really like how the climax develops in this chapter: the intial doubts slowly grow into a real outburst driven by frustration. It's a pity the authors are using some elements we have seen before in the series (like Shujin's writer's block and his allnighters). What's strange is that we haven't seen any issues with Mashiro's work, as of late, while Shujin is taking the role of Ashirogi Muto's weak spot, since it's like he's still being unable to fully adapt to a long running manga series.

I find it funny that the chapter revolves around Shujin's search for a catchphrase (among other things), and we see Niizuma using something like a "signature sfx" (Shupiiin) in the last pages.

Oh, and Eiji and Hattori are the scene stealers once again.

The art seems a little subpar to me (and this is not the first time).
The only difference is that the arc is much more focused on Takagi rather than Mashiro. It's not like it was Shujin's idea to do a gag manga in the first place; we've been lead to believe from the beginning his strong point was cult-series. I don't much care for how much they are canonizing Hattori; we're being led to believe that if Hattori was their editor instead of Miura, Ashirogi would be like beating Naruto in the polls.

Versipellis said:
Bakuman

One Piece
I still think this arc dragged too much, but this ending chapter was really really good (much better than Ace's death - but is he really dead?). My only (minor) gripe is about the "list" of attacks WB withstood. If it's something like the narration of a myth passed on from pirate to pirate, then ok, but if it's intended as a "fact", it dangerously puts itself in the narrow boundary that exists between "being epic" and "being ridicolous" (even for the world of One Piece where the same man still fights on with half of his head destroyed by lava).

Ace is dead.

I read on another forum, Whitebeards death was supposed to ironically be reminiscent of the real blackbeards death...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackbeard

Maynard later examined Teach's body, and noted that he had been shot no fewer than five times, and had about twenty severe cuts on his body. He also found several items of correspondence, including a letter to the pirate from Tobias Knight. His decapitated corpse was then thrown into the inlet, and his head suspended from the bowsprit of Maynard's sloop (to enable the reward to be collected).[

Shanadeus

Banned
Regarding Blackbeard, he's an amazing antagonist to luffy
They are so similar:

10.jpg

12-13.jpg

Yet so different.

I suppose that he is "evil" whereas Luffy is "good", but I never really got the feeling that he was that bad (well that was before he attacked whitebeard, even the duel with Ace was just)

Will be interesting to see where oda will take him, definitely one of the most interesting shounen antagonists at the moment (sasuke lol)

Steroyd

My only (minor) gripe is about the "list" of attacks WB withstood. If it's something like the narration of a myth passed on from pirate to pirate, then ok, but if it's intended as a "fact", it dangerously puts itself in the narrow boundary that exists between "being epic" and "being ridicolous" (even for the world of One Piece where the same man still fights on with half of his head destroyed by lava).

The "facts" were over his whole 20+ years as a pirate, not this arc.

Don't read HxH but the reactions to the new chapter made me curious... I didn't take any drugs did I? :lol

flawfuls

Danielsan said:
I'm rather new to the world of manga.
I read Solanin in January and absolutely loved it and immediately became a fan of Inio Asaso.
I ordered the first volume of What a wonderful world this week but I'm also looking to get Nijigahara Holograph. However, I can't find it anywhere.
Has it been released in English and if so, where can I order it?

No, it hasn't been released in English.

Akainu

watervengeance said:
Oda sure went out of his way to show that Blackbeard's pretty much a pussy without his DF powers. He got whooped by Magellan easily last time and almost got two-shotted by Whitebeard this time.
Come on I doubt even Whitestach can take Magellan's poison.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Relaxed Muscle said:
yeah, yeah, but he was beaten by WB, which had half his face melted, was stabbed, was sick and he didn't even have his powers, so the coward had to call his crew to help him take WB because he's a pussy, at least Akainu was badass enough to melt part of his face.

Something to remember here. Blackbeard is cocky and brash. That's his weakness. His weakness is also the fact that he has not had his devil fruit for very long compared to the Admirals. If BB had his fruit for many years (like the Admirals had), a fruit which can create Black Holes mind you, he probably would have killed Whitebeard in that state due to the nature of his power (aka, he could have created a black hole in the palm of his hand and sucked Whitebeard, or any part of his near it, in whole).

I'm not sticking up for Blackbeard here, but Blackbeard is a parallel to Luffy in a way. His full potential is far from realized. Even still, he took down Ace and fucked over the Marines. Why get on his case about Whitebeard when the entire main force of the Marines couldn't kill him?

Pimpwerx

Shanadeus said:
They are so similar:

Yet so different.

I suppose that he is "evil" whereas Luffy is "good", but I never really got the feeling that he was that bad (well that was before he attacked whitebeard, even the duel with Ace was just)

Will be interesting to see where oda will take him, definitely one of the most interesting shounen antagonists at the moment (sasuke lol)
Yeah. The whole scene before in the bar, with the argument over which food was best was just to show them as polar opposites. But they've both got tremendous ambition and ability to become Pirate King.

Teach laid in wait for that devil fruit, so it's understandable that he puts so much faith in it. I really love the character, and love his crew. Well...not sure how I feel about the recent additions yet though. PEACE.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't see why people would hate Teach at all. He's been set up to be as a great villain. Much better than the typical goof ball or badass of the week every other One Piece villain has been.

I am ready for Bleach every single week now
1zv3dqt.gif

One Piece
Steroyd said:
The "facts" were over his whole 20+ years as a pirate, not this arc.

I was mislead by MS translation "In this battle, he was slashed... etc." while in OM it reads "Over the course of his battles..."
Gripe no more standing, then.

They are so similar, yet so different
I liked him more during his first appearance, when he really was the evil specular image of Luffy. As the character developed, he seems to have lost his "dreamer" (D. ? Nah...) trait. I fear that his DF powers are somewhat hurting his role of Luffy's presumed main antagonist.

Ace is dead.
It's just that putting WB glorious death right after Ace's seems to put in the shadows the latter (not for Luffy, of course). Or maybe it's just odd that Oda, after 570+ weeks, finally wrote the death of a character and he did not only once, but twice in just a few chapters.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Himuro said:
You mean like Arlong, who tortured Nami for years, killed her mother, tore her family apart, and ruined her island?

Or Captain Kuro, who bided his time for years just so he could befriend a rich man and his family, manipulate them in order to gain their trust and finally gaining their fortune through murder?

Or Crocodile, who was willing to destroy one country for his own selfish goals, parading as a hero the whole time?

Or Enel, who has super powers enabling him to rule over a land as their God, smiting anyone who smoke ill of him or didn't act in a way he supported?

Or how about Spandam or Lucchi?

I just don't see it. One Piece has the best villains in any shounen manga of this type. Goofy is one thing, but the villains in One Piece tend to always have ulterior motives, are cunning and smart. Blackbeard just takes this to another level.
Just like every other anime bad guy

Sipowicz

Banned
teach is a fantastic villain but more importantly he's a fantastic character. he's also a hilarious goofy dumbass

he's amoral and conniving but he's not a coward by any means and he shows genuine concern for his crew like luffy. he also shares luffy's belief in fate and dreams and strives to become pirate king

he's an excellent contrast to the fascistic moral absolutist akainu. these two are the best villains so far in one piece and this is a manga that gave us the likes of kuro/arlong/lucci

he's quite unique as far as villains go. notice he has NEVER attacked luffy or anyone else out of spite . it's only ever to fulfill his plan or if someone starts with him

Door2Dawn said:
Just like every other anime bad guy

True, but I guess the difference is that OP villians usually have a special connection to one of the crew members or their friends, and that's what makes their defeats so satisfying.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Himuro said:
You mean like Arlong, who tortured Nami for years, killed her mother, tore her family apart, and ruined her island?

Or Captain Kuro, who bided his time for years just so he could befriend a rich man and his family, manipulate them in order to gain their trust and finally gaining their fortune through murder?

Or Crocodile, who was willing to destroy one country for his own selfish goals, parading as a hero the whole time?

Or Enel, who has super powers enabling him to rule over a land as their God, smiting anyone who smoke ill of him or didn't act in a way he supported?

Or how about Spandam or Lucchi?

I just don't see it. One Piece has the best villains in any shounen manga of this type. Goofy is one thing, but the villains in One Piece tend to always have ulterior motives, are cunning and smart. Blackbeard just takes this to another level.

You pretty much just said it though. It's the badass of the week type. They are introduced for their arc. Hyped up as some evil, badass mother fucker. Beaten, then moved on to. It's not like One Piece's are magically any more different than every other shounen out there. It just comes down to preference.

The Blackbeard vs Luffy fight on the other hand is something for me to finally look forward too. I really also like that BB is extremely similar to Luffy. Not like the typical hardworker vs god gifted(Naruto vs Sasuke, Grifith vs Gatts, etc). But someone who is still kind of an idiot lol

Akainu

Himuro said:
Damn right man! Watch some punk smoke in Enel's face and get smoked!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I forgot to add that reading the latest Hunter x Hunter chapter reminded me a little bit of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Sipowicz

Banned
Himuro said:
I think they're more than just badasses to me, but I agree Blackbeard vs Luffy is the best rivalry in the series.

they're badasses but they have their own unique quirks that make them particularly chilling.

kuro and lucci were both incredibly cold, calculating and vicious. arlong was just a horrible vicious creature. crocodile was a cold calculating powermad crimelord. enel was an arrogant nutcase.

teach is more interesting though because he has some genuinely decent characteristics, he's a buffoon and he's not particularly vicious or evil. just amoral

Sipowicz said:
teach is a fantastic villain but more importantly he's a fantastic character. he's also a hilarious goofy dumbass

he's amoral and conniving but he's not a coward by any means and he shows genuine concern for his crew like luffy. he also shares luffy's belief in fate and dreams and strives to become pirate king

he's an excellent contrast to the fascistic moral absolutist akainu. these two are the best villains so far in one piece and this is a manga that gave us the likes of kuro/arlong/lucci

he's quite unique as far as villains go. notice he has NEVER attacked luffy or anyone else out of spite . it's only ever to fulfill his plan or if someone starts with him

Taking WB with his full crew because he was so scared for his life was truly a such bravery act.

BB is the other half of the coin, while Luffy looks at the death and smiles at it, BB is a coward moron which even renuncing to be named "son of WB" he even sputted that nonsense in a pathetic try to be spared.

That's part of what makes BB a great villain, it's the dark luffy in everyway.

Bebpo

Banned
God's Beard said:
Shadow Star

Just finished this series. It's immature, arbitrary and most of all, makes no goddamn fucking sense. It's like things happen in response to other things that the author never decided to mention. It's full of more holes than Sonny Corleone at the end of the Godfather. I get the feeling that this is how Axe Cop would have turned out if it was written by a battered child. And after all the bitching about how it was heavily censored, the changes were absolutely inconsequential. I kept thinking that there was going to be some sort of context, but then the series just ends. It wants the reader to think it's like End of Evangelion, but it's not. Not even close. If anything, it's Pokemon meets Veritas.

I thought it was going to pull an awesome twist when they killed the main character, but then they revived her like 5 pages later, with no explanation. I was waiting for her to just wake up in the lake from the beginning and it was all a dream as she drowned to death. Total waste of time. 2/10

I guess I'll start on the Seinen everybody recommended for me, but Bokurano just got kicked to the very bottom of the list.

Bokurano is the exact same type of writing in every respect when it comes to the plot and scripting. There are less holes in Bokurano but that's because the plot is much more simple. Instead trying to be huge and epic like SS at the end, it just goes . . . end with a whisper.

It's just as entertaining as SS, maybe moreso. But the plot is just as weak, if not weaker. It's a real shame as I really enjoy reading his stories, but I don't think he is a good writer at all and it shows in the end of each work of his.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
flawfuls said:
Oh man, zombie Whitebeard would be awesome.
I hope this doesn't happens. Ace and WB should stay dead. OP needs to move on with Luffy acting like a main character again. I felt like Oda meant this Chapter to be the halfway point of the series.

bjork

Has there been a villain that uses ghosts or hallucinations in OP? I know Thriller Bark was zombies. But I don't remember any ghosts or visions.

bjork said:
Has there been a villain that uses ghosts or hallucinations in OP? I know Thriller Bark was zombies. But I don't remember any ghosts or visions.
Perona has these ghost like powers that made the target super depressed when it contacts.

neoanarch

Sipowicz said:
they're badasses but they have their own unique quirks that make them particularly chilling.

kuro and lucci were both incredibly cold, calculating and vicious. arlong was just a horrible vicious creature. crocodile was a cold calculating powermad crimelord. enel was an arrogant nutcase.

teach is more interesting though because he has some genuinely decent characteristics, he's a buffoon and he's not particularly vicious or evil. just amoral

What makes BB vs Luffy so great is that the only real difference between them is that BB is a schemer and a coward. I wouldn't exactly describe Luffy as a moral character either. I still think BB is a likeable character even as a schemer. His only real fault is his cowardice. Once we find out about his goals though it might be a different story.

bjork

Ballistictiger said:
Perona has these ghost like powers that made the target super depressed when it contacts.

Yeah, but what I mean is like, could she make Luffy "see" Ace in the middle of a battle or something, to get inside his head?

Wiseblade

bjork said:
Yeah, but what I mean is like, could she make Luffy "see" Ace in the middle of a battle or something, to get inside his head?
probably not, but getting touched by Perona's ghosts could cause him to remember how he failed to save Ace, producing a similar effect. Perona's ghosts seem to remind people of their inadequacies and failures.

bjork

Wiseblade said:
probably not, but getting touched by Perona's ghosts could cause him to remember how he failed to save Ace, producing a similar effect. Perona's ghosts seem to remind people of their inadequacies and failures.

Ah, ok. That's basically what I was imagining, kinda had trouble wording what I was envisioning. :p

Sipowicz

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
Taking WB with his full crew because he was so scared for his life was truly a such bravery act.

what else could he do? he would have got his ass kicked. well he did get his ass kicked. it was either die or get his uber powerful crew to step in. he was smart to do that just like he was smart to plead for his life as a "son".

and he's no moron, just a bit of a buffoon. as kintaro said he's made more progress than any other character in one piece since it started and he hasnt even been in since the start

as a D if he knew there was nothing he could do to avoid his death he'd smile, but if there's anything he can do he'll try it. no matter how despicable

neoanarch said:
What makes BB vs Luffy so great is that the only real difference between them is that BB is a schemer and a coward.

people say blackbeard's a coward but he invaded impel down and faced magellan head on. he told his crew to hide while he took on the second divison commander of the whitebeard pirates alone and in extreme pain. he does cowardly stuff but he's not a coward. not by any means

lets also not forget he fought a yonkou head on BEFORE he had a devil fruit, and he managed to give him a permanent scar

luffy's big weakness as a captain is his lack of planning, forethought and tact. he's learned a valuable lesson in this arc and hopefully he'll think thingss through in the future

neoanarch

Sipowicz said:
what else could he do? he would have got his ass kicked. well he did get his ass kicked. it was either die or get his uber powerful crew to step in. he was smart to do that just like he was smart to plead for his life as a "son".

and he's no moron, just a bit of a buffoon. as kintaro said he's made more progress than any other character in one piece since it started and he hasnt even been in since the start

as a D if he knew there was nothing he could do to avoid his death he'd smile, but if there's anything he can do he'll try it. no matter how despicable

people say blackbeard's a coward but he invaded impel down and faced magellan head on. he told his crew to hide while he took on the second divison commander of the whitebeard pirates alone and in extreme pain. he does cowardly stuff but he's not a coward. not by any means

lets also not forget he fought a yonkou head on BEFORE he had a devil fruit, and he managed to give him a permanent scar

luffy's big weakness as a captain is his lack of planning, forethought and tact. he's learned a valuable lesson in this arc and hopefully he'll think thingss through in the future

he's a coward compared to Luffy and everyone else in OP we would consider the "good guys". I think its safe to call him cowardly if he begs for his life, attacks a half dead man and hid himself for decades behind Whitebeard until he got what he considers the ultimate power.

bjork said:
I thought WB said BB isn't a true D?

In the same sense you would call a someone not a real man. At least thats the way I read it. I'll wait for an official or stephen translation to be sure.

Metal B

bjork said:
I thought WB said BB isn't a true D?
He is A D, but not THE D Gold D. Roger was waiting for.
By the way, i am the only one thinking that Buggy has also the legendary Haki. Like Ruffy he somehow makes allies everywhere.

Sipowicz

Banned
neoanarch said:
he's a coward compared to Luffy and everyone else in OP we would consider the "good guys". I think its safe to call him cowardly if he begs for his life, attacks a half dead man and hid himself for decades behind Whitebeard until he got what he considers the ultimate power.

yeah, and then other times he's remarkably brave. he's a coward when he needs to be. that's why he's a juicy character

neoanarch said:
In the same sense you would call a someone not a real man. At least thats the way I read it. I'll wait for an official or stephen translation to be sure.

that's kind of how i understood it. Teach is a D (why wouldn't he be?). But at the same time he's not the on who'll be pirate king and bring about the "great war" as whitebeard believes he hasn't got what it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom