• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter x Hunter 351

Out of nowhere we get this lol

I like how everyone at heaven's arena is cool with murder and using the referee as a weapon

Chrollo learnt some new tricks... He has one of his minions abilities, which makes me wonder if that spider lost his abilities now?

dramatis

Not Popular and Not Recent Reads (Jan/Feb 2016)
IKIb.png

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter 351

Why is Chrollo explaining his abilities to Hisoka? Did Kubo write this chapter?

And as usual it is very hard to understand how his new powers works with so much text to explain it.
Didn't find it that hard to understand but it is weird that he's explaining everything. Not sure I get the style thing either. There's always the chance that something wasn't translated right, I guess.

Actually there's a couple of things I don't get about the chapter, like how Chrollo is out in the open considering he's a known public criminal (the organization including Kurapika should be after him). I wonder if he can give Shalnark's ability back to him or if he really took it for good. Also surprised that Hisoka didn't know about Shalnark's ability considering how much he used it in yorkshin.

Kieli

Didn't find it that hard to understand but it is weird that he's explaining everything. Not sure I get the style thing either. There's always the chance that something wasn't translated right, I guess.

Actually there's a couple of things I don't get about the chapter, like how Chrollo is out in the open considering he's a known public criminal (the organization including Kurapika should be after him). I wonder if he can give Shalnark's ability back to him or if he really took it for good. Also surprised that Hisoka didn't know about Shalnark's ability considering how much he used it in yorkshin.

I thought he has to explain how the ability works in order to use it? Wasn't it one of the conditions of his ability?

dramatis

I'm going to miss the older format, though I think that the new one can be better if it uses panels/in story illustrations instead of volume covers.

What brought about the change?
It seemed as though people scroll down just enough to look at the banner, but didn't bother to check out the links to reviews/recommendations underneath. It's also not necessarily incentive enough to check out the links, so some unfortunate souls decided to read manga of genres they might not like because said manga was in the banner.

It was also apparently not explicit enough that the banner had become something more of a "this is what people in the thread have read and talked about" rather than a 'popular reads' banner, with 'popularity' arbitrarily decided by me.

So now there is a panel from the manga, genres listed next to name, link to rec/rev and the poster who wrote rec/rev. Each one is separated to encourage people to scroll down and peruse.

Hunter x Hunter 351

And as usual it is very hard to understand how his new powers works with so much text to explain it.

What if that's one of the new limitations he mentions? People have to explain to him the ability in order for him to steal it first place so maybe he limited himself in the same way to achieve that bookmark power.

But it's probably the usual. Overconfidence.

Zweizer

Banned
Pretty neat new banner, though I'm kind of sad to see the old one go.

So much fun one could have had with misleading covers.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

What if that's one of the new limitations he mentions? People have to explain to him the ability in order for him to steal it first place so maybe he limited himself in the same way to achieve that bookmark power.
I'd say that's a pretty good explanation but Chrollo used the bookmark before he explained the ability to Hisoka (and such a rule would apply to everyone in the arena too). Could be though.

But it's probably the usual. Overconfidence.

Yeah it can be that because or you are an idiot or overconfident to explain your abilities to freaking Hisoka.

dani_dc

Thanks for the great work!
I got to read Ressentiment thanks to this banner (though I haven't read Zweizer review yet), which I really enjoyed, and pushed me to finally read the author other works, I Am a Hero and Boys on the Run.

Surprised to see my post about Chuugoku Yome Nikki in there!

Haven't read any of the other mangas in the banner, Kakukaku Shikajika looks like something that might satisfy my current mood, going to give it a look next.

Lain

Is it out in Italy ? Why must you wound me so ;___;

Not reading that last spoiler and I'm fairly sure you're aware of it already but there is some kind of sequel manga already running. So there's more than one vol left for the story to unfold.

Yep, I know about the existence of Rouge. I hope it gets picked up at some point over here (or by scanlators or some English crazy publisher). I've ended up liking Marie much more than Charles and with her on that cover I need to read it.

Kyuur

Hunter x Hunter 351

It works the same as his old powers, except he can use the bookmark to use a stolen ability while the book is closed and not held in his right hand. He can also bookmark a page and keep the book open in his right hand to use 2 stolen abilities at once. There are new limitations required for the added power that haven't been revealed. From the start of the fight, Chrollo had Sun & Moon bookmarked, which is a pretty simple ability.

One piece

WAIT

WAIT WAIT WAIT

goda.jpg, covering it up with hair.

I guess the question is; how does Sanji feel about trio-eyes.

HxH 351

I almost leapt out of my clothes on that 2nd page. Fucking Togashi. Is this the first time we have seen Hisoka's last name?

I think if it were any other shonen I wouldn't buy this fight to the death thing...but one of these guys is going to die. Fucking wow.

One Piece 824

Did not expect that. How the fuck do you even beat Kaido? I half expect Luffy to Joseph Joestar vs Kars it and just punch him so hard he goes into orbit forever.

Please be the arc where Sanji kicks a woman.

Bleach 671

I swear to God if this triple captain bankai attack doesn't kill this dude I am going to flip out

bobohoro

Helck 1-67

Who said this was a gag manga?
There were some emotional scenes, some good action and a great deal of back story that can only get more interesting as time goes on. Although a few reveals felt a bit forced, probably due to the simple nature of its initial setup as a gag manga, it flows rather natural by now.
Very solid fantasy manga, looking forward to reading more.

Shouta

Kono S o, Mi yo! 100

So she knows that as long as they don't have sex she'll be infatuated by him, thus her plan is to kidnap him and not have sex with him so they live together forever.

Did the author putnthe main character in a situation where he's going to consider committing rape to escape his kidnapper?

The manga is pretty crazy.

HxH 351

I hope Togashi doesn't bitch out here. Please kill one of these guys (preferably Chrollo). I'm not a fan of him getting his powers back in the first place since it further makes Yorkshin feel worthless. Hopefully this is a prelude to wrapping up the Phantom Troupe plotline, even if only partially.

It works the same as his old powers, except he can use the bookmark to use a stolen ability while the book is closed and not held in his right hand. He can also bookmark a page and keep the book open in his right hand to use 2 stolen abilities at once. There are new limitations required for the added power that haven't been revealed. From the start of the fight, Chrollo had Sun & Moon bookmarked, which is a pretty simple ability.

Thanks for the explanation.

Also RIP Prince.

Toriko 368

Fuck.... She
cooked Midora

well at least
he is sealed though so that means he may return if someone opens the can or something
... Also
God appears and it looks to be a giant FROG

Naruto (Mitsuki) Side Story - The Path Shown by the Full Moon's Light

SciFi Ninja Armour lol

anyway I though the Armour Samurai was bluffing about the mask thing but low and behold older clone right in front of Mitsuki
To get even more confusing Orochi and Adult Clone were in cahoots with each other in order to help younger clone

artficial humans becoming the best people of light... real love

I am even more confused after reading this chapter then prior to reading it lol

That Sage Mode though.... fancy, fancy

balgajo

Boku no Hero 88
A group already scanlated boku no hero.
Man, the fuck just happened.
Best jeanist and mount girl died?

One Piece 824:
Sanji is about to fall into a trap willingly. But who didn't see this coming?

Hunter x Hunter 351:
Man, this came out of nowhere. But it has been a long time coming. And the start of the fight definitely didn't disappoint. It'd be really surprising if one of these guys died given the remaining plotlines, but I feel like Togashi could pull it off.

Detective Conan 957:
Vermouth is really slipping. Does she really think that making a statement like that will keep Ran away?

The Scotch reveal was the expected outcome, but it wasn't dragged out at all.

LeleSocho

Banned
Hunter X Hunter - 351
This chapter everyone used Gyo on their noses

One Piece - 824
Nice find panda, i think Sanji will freak out at the sight of that third eye

Toriko - 368
Lol poor fake-Froze, this won't end well for her once Midora eats part of Acacia's full course.

Naruto - this thingy
I'll be honest i didn't quite get what was going on but i'm sad that this will probably be Kishimoto's last chapter on the franchise.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 309
Tomo and Misuzu were the stars of this chapter and yet Fluff is always the best.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Showing off panels works better for the new banner layout, I think. I like it, Dramatis.

Reminds me, I still want to get around to Kakukaku Shikajika.

Yep, I know about the existence of Rouge. I hope it gets picked up at some point over here (or by scanlators or some English crazy publisher). I've ended up liking Marie much more than Charles and with her on that cover I need to read it.

I did a real 180 on both of them. I genuinely liked Charles-Henri and thought Marie-Joseph was gonna wind up some sort of crazy / evil child, but now she's my favorite character and I could see him turning into something else. For all the awful stuff the mangaka put Marie-Joseph through, he still had her pull through everything and be her own person. And she's been defiant this entire time, which is awesome.

I'm dying for the last two volumes to get translated already.

Haikyuu!! 203

I guess Nohebi will lose next week, the ace is out, the chapter text says final climax (paraphrased), and were at 21 v 20. Ill put my chips on Lev being the key to their win with his random blocking and some surprising score.
CgmlMdkWMAE0l7V.jpg

The extra chapter was hilarious. Tennis team senpai needs to show up in canon.

Also Kagehina was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom